PDA

View Full Version : 8 troops killed today by roadside bombs in Afghanistan

moderate libertarian
01-06-2012, 09:12 PM
War bloodbath continues despite speeches by avid golfer and nobel peace prize winner man in the WH:

8 NATO troops killed in 24 hours in southern Afghanistan

By Laura King,
KABUL — Eight NATO troops were killed in southern Afghanistan in a 24-hour period ending Friday, Western military officials said.

The American soldiers belonged to a small military base in Shah Wali Kot, he said. Within the United States-led coalition, American forces are predominantly responsible for security in Kandahar Province.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/8-western-troops-die-in-24-hours-in-southern-afghanistan/2012/01/06/gIQAYIHhfP_story.html

COpatriot
01-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Get them the fuck out.

Now.

bluesc
01-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Bring them home. This is destroying families.

schiffheadbaby
01-06-2012, 09:29 PM
the family values candidate aka rick santorum is for wars therefore war is good for family values? is this good logic?

moderate libertarian
01-06-2012, 09:35 PM
the family values candidate aka rick santorum is for wars therefore war is good for family values? is this good logic?

Santorum is religious extremist and a war zealot . He's been seen in CUFI war rallies with Lieberman and Hagee, won't be surprised if he is being funded by likes of aipac.

Just read in other news that Santorum lost a child while back during birth process, he likely relates to the pain of other parents when they lose a child as a result of continued wars in Iraq/Afghanistan he supports. Trying to see if number of children killed as result of Iraq/Afghanistan wars is recorded by any US media agency, probably a very large number.

Edited to add:
Another headline about one of the blasts.

Explosions kill 6 Afghan children, 5 NATO troops

Originally published: January 6, 2012 3:35 AM
By The Associated Press

http://www.newsday.com/news/explosions-kill-6-afghan-children-5-nato-troops-1.3432456

Not sure if Santorum meets with or writes to families of those killed in these wars, but would be good for him if he met with parents of these children and troops killed and shared with them pain of losing a child.

asurfaholic
01-06-2012, 09:36 PM

You are assuming people in this country (proven in Iowa) have the capability to think for themselves. The boob toob said vote for ricky... so they did

cindy25
01-06-2012, 09:48 PM
You are assuming people in this country (proven in Iowa) have the capability to think for themselves. The boob toob said vote for ricky... so they did

the Paul vote more than doubled from 2008, the Romney vote was static, and Santorum did worse than Huck

flightlesskiwi
01-06-2012, 09:53 PM
i am so sorry to hear this.

this war is not only tearing apart families here... i know i'm stating the obvious, but it's tearing apart families there, too. i will say a prayer for the families of the soldiers and also for the families of these children as well:

Also Friday, explosives hidden in a trash heap killed six children in southern Afghanistan, the Associated Press reported, citing police accounts.

The children were rummaging through the trash for food scraps and bottles in Tarin Kot, the capital of Uruzgan province, northwest of Kandahar, when the blast killed them, police said.

Four other children were injured in the blast, and a civilian man also died.

moderate libertarian
01-06-2012, 09:53 PM
the Paul vote more than doubled from 2008, the Romney vote was static, and Santorum did worse than Huck

Good point, Paul's support rise is impressive. Paul/Liberty movement demands a huge, world changing paradigm shift, they will have to have patience to see this massive change occur.

i am so sorry to hear this.

this war is not only tearing apart families here... i know i'm stating the obvious, but it's tearing apart families there, too. i will say a prayer for the families of the soldiers and also for the families of these children as well:

Well said.

World media is reporting this as "troops and children killed" headline, this is in footnote of WaPo report:

Also Friday, explosives hidden in a trash heap killed six children in southern Afghanistan, the Associated Press reported, citing police accounts.

The children were rummaging through the trash for food scraps and bottles in Tarin Kot, the capital of Uruzgan province, northwest of Kandahar, when the blast killed them, police said.

Four other children were injured in the blast, and a civilian man also died.

Civilans/children are paying the biggest price as they are getting killed by smart bombs of foreign forces as well as crude bombs of insurgents.

spudea
01-06-2012, 10:32 PM
and get the media out, bloodshed that has been going on since the dawn of civilization is old news. Stop selling them weapons like tanks and jets to kill themselves with.

moderate libertarian
01-06-2012, 10:38 PM
and get the media out, bloodshed that has been going on since the dawn of civilization is old news. Stop selling them weapons like tanks and jets to kill themselves with.
Media out with the troops or before them?

Stopping arms sales would hurt war profiteers:

Obama: Saudi arms sales to create U.S. jobs

Dec 29, 2011 ... The United States has completed a $29.4 billion arms sale to Saudi ... than
50000 American jobs, engaging 600 suppliers in 44 states, and ...

www.courier-journal.com/usatoday/article/593541 -

vita3
01-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Bump to remind us the horrors war.

I can't believe we are still in Afghanistan.

moderate libertarian
01-07-2012, 01:25 PM
In related news, Afghan President seems to be getting more hostile towards Obama administation's policies with time.

Hamid Karzai Tells The Daily Beast That U.S. Night Raids Must End
Daily Beast - ‎7 hours ago‎

Afghan President Hamid Karzai tells The Daily Beast that US night raids must end, a demand that could torpedo plans for a small number of US troops to stay in Afghanistan.

Karzai offers ultimatum to US over Afghan prisonRT - ‎Jan 6, 2012‎

Afghanistan's President Karzai has given Washington one month to transfer control of US military prisons in Bahrain where Afghan men are suspected of being held in torturous conditions.
Related Hamid Karzai » Karzai Demands US Hand Over PrisonTIMEKarzai Tells US to Give Jail to AfghansWall Street JournalSee all 440 sources »

Khaama Press President Karzai strongly condemn Uruzgan bombing
Khaama Press - ‎3 hours ago‎

By Ghanizada - Sat Jan 07, 8:07 pm Afghan president Hamid Karzai strongly condemned Tarinkowt bombing in southern Uruzgan province which killed at least 7 people including 6 Afghan children and injured four other Afghan children.

Karzai: Taliban office should be in Afghanistan
The Associated Press - ‎Dec 15, 2011‎

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - Afghan President Hamid Karzai said Thursday that if security concerns make it impossible to set up a Taliban political office in Afghanistan, then it should be established in another Islamic country, like Saudi Arabia, ...