PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulForums.com registered with GoDaddy, SOPA supporter, should we change Registrars?

DamianTV
01-06-2012, 07:32 PM
GoDaddy did withdraw their support for SOPA, but none the less, they still offered their support to it. That isnt the problem. What is the problem is that mentality that they will offer their support towards anything big govenment, especially if those bills are lesser known and dont hit the news. That being said, is it really a good idea for the Admins to still have the site registered with GoDaddy?

--- edit ---

Registrant:
Texas Chicken Company
3303 Eagle Ridge Way
Houston, Texas 77084
United States

Registered through: Go Daddy
Domain Name: RONPAULFORUMS.COM
Created on: 09-May-07
Expires on: 09-May-12
Last Updated on: 10-May-11

Texas Chicken Company?

newbitech
01-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Other.

I'd call it out to Josh privately, but I wouldn't put the onus on the forum to come up with some kind of consensus. Just my opinion. The registrar is transparent to the user experience.

Chibioz
01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Other. Don't really care. r/politics made a big deal out of the godaddy thing but there are bigger fish to fry.

Humanae Libertas
01-06-2012, 07:43 PM
GoDaddy is a scumbag business with crappy customer support. I've moved my all my domains from them last year (2010), mainly because of their lousy business practices. They're anti-competition. So if RP forums is going to move, move because GoDaddy is a shady business, not just because of their support for SOPA.

FreeTraveler
01-06-2012, 07:50 PM
"We" don't own this forum, and I support property rights. It's up to the owners, not "us."

RCA
01-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Why is this even deserving of a poll? I thought we were all free market here (i.e. Company A sucks so go to Company B). :-(

libertybrewcity
01-07-2012, 10:15 AM
I would support this if isn't troublesome or expensive.