PDA

View Full Version : NBC News/Marist Poll (NH): Romney 40%, Paul 21%, Santorum 12%, Others 8%

doronster195
01-06-2012, 07:24 PM
NBC News/Marist 1/4 - 1/5
711 LV
Romney 40
Paul 21
Santorum 12
Hunstman8
Gingrich 8
Perry 1

PDF: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/A_Politics/Marist_Poll_pdf.pdf

SURGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pauliticalfan
01-06-2012, 07:25 PM
I thought he was at 22%?

PauliticsPolitics
01-06-2012, 07:26 PM
I thought he was at 22%?
Depends which number you read: (likely voters, leaning voters, etc.)

doronster195
01-06-2012, 07:26 PM
I took RCP's numbers.

rp2012win
01-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Romney 42%
Paul 22%
Santorum 13%

Right now it's 50/50 between paul and santorum for 2nd IMO. Santorum scares the shit out of me after what happened in iowa. He has the most devastating surge I have ever seen.

fc2008
01-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Lets see whats left of Paul's numbers on Monday after the press is finished with the Huntsman video.

braane
01-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Santorum scares the shit out of me after what happened in iowa. He has the most devastating surge I have ever seen.

Innuendo? LOL

blazeKing
01-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Lets see whats left of Paul's numbers on Monday after the press is finished with the Huntsman video.

Obvious false flag attack is obvious..

Sigh that shit pisses me off, it's so easy to attack Paul when the media is rabidly anti-Paul.

RonPaul101.com
01-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Romney 42%
Paul 22%
Santorum 13%

Right now it's 50/50 between paul and santorum for 2nd IMO. Santorum scares the shit out of me after what happened in iowa. He has the most devastating surge I have ever seen.

That surge only happen due to the perfect storm set up by the media and the establishment, and it was very intentional. The caucus gets moved up to the first business day after a long holiday weekend, college kids are still gone, and everyone is taking that time to relax at home after the Christmas holiday season. It was a cold weekend with nothing to do but watch the news. Monday the high was 19 degrees and the winds were a painful 30 mph (at least in Iowa City/Cedar Rapids area were I was), so no one was outside anywhere I was driving or walking around.

The people of Iowa got hours and hours of positive Santorum media on the last couple days pre-caucus. It was intentional to break up the Anti-Romney vote away from Paul. Just look at the county by county map and you'll see that the center of the state that Paul was going to take would have given him a massive victory, a mandate. Paul took more 08 Romney counties than he did 08 Huckabee counties. If Paul was left alone to be the Christian-Anti-Romney option, he would have won with about 40%+ of the vote, and the establishment saw it coming just about a week ahead of time.

I know for me personally, I heard the news quoting the "Santorum Surge" when Ricky went from 7 to 9%, and i was thinking, what surge? then they kept saying it and before long he was at 16%, and then passed 20%...

The good news is, it shows we can build a lot of strength especially in caucuses. And Santorum won't have that unknown appeal he had in Iowa Media. Iowan voters are probably feeling foolish for voting for Santorum for those who decided who to vote for in the last three days before the caucus. Casting a vote should be a powerful decision; not one like picking which shirt to wear when all the laundry is backed up. And that my friends is what Rick Santorum was on caucus night, the least dirtiest shirt on floor.

tbone717
01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
21 or 22 is good for now, but we do need to add a couple of points over these next few days to beat the IA percentages. It is also crucial that Romney gets less than 40 points so that he doesn't sweep the delegates. I'm happy with 3rd place being in the low teens, that is where we need it to be.

RickyJ
01-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Romney 42%
Paul 22%
Santorum 13%

The exit polls in Iowa showed his surge only got him 17% of the vote there. The rest of his votes were the result of voter fraud. Ron won Iowa.

Moebedda
01-06-2012, 08:18 PM
The exit polls in Iowa showed his surge only got him 17% of the vote there. The rest of his votes were the result of voter fraud. Ron won Iowa.

I wan't convinced of this until tonight. I have done a lot of reading. It appears there was fraud. But it will get swept under the rug. No wonder Rand looked so pissed. He knows what happened.

Omnica
01-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Obvious false flag attack is obvious..

Sigh that shit pisses me off, it's so easy to attack Paul when the media is rabidly anti-Paul.

The question is WHY are they so anti Paul?

TheDrakeMan
01-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Who controls the media? Republicans and Democrats. Mainstream ones at that. :P The Republicans are wary of his non-interventionist foreign policies, while the Dems are terrified of all his other positions. So basically he gets the worst of both worlds. It's going to be a lot easier when Rand Paul runs some day, since at least he has allies in the Conservative media. (Which won't be as relevant as it is now, but still worth having)

Kevin Smyth
01-06-2012, 08:48 PM

Source?

Student Of Paulism
01-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Source?

Hell, just look at RCP's site, dude. There are definitely rats in the corn when it comes to all of this. His rcp average was like 5-6% ahead, yet Santorum winds up 'winning' by that same amount just 1-2 days later? The closest Rick got was 4-5% in any pole before that. Then when you listen to that fox hack, Dee Dee (whatever her name was) on that radio show, going on and on about how her 'insider friends' in the GOP are frantically trying to do something about the voters and stopping Ron Paul, i think it's pretty obvious something was rigged. She was ranting about if Romney and Santorum split the vote too much, Ron would win, she flat out admitted they were 'very concerned' about it and alluding tons of times that something was being worked on. That's what is so surreal about it, these scumbags arent even hiding it anymore. They used the media and some of the polls showing Santorum 'surging', in order for it to match with the final outcome. Oh well.

parocks
01-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Who controls the media? Republicans and Democrats. Mainstream ones at that. :P The Republicans are wary of his non-interventionist foreign policies, while the Dems are terrified of all his other positions. So basically he gets the worst of both worlds. It's going to be a lot easier when Rand Paul runs some day, since at least he has allies in the Conservative media. (Which won't be as relevant as it is now, but still worth having)

The Media Likes The Fed.

jersdream
01-06-2012, 09:46 PM
CNN and Fox News entrance polls show Romey and Santorum ~24 and Paul ~22....entrance polls were pretty spot on.

Working Poor
01-06-2012, 09:47 PM
The question is WHY are they so anti Paul?

You are kidding right?

rblgenius
01-06-2012, 09:52 PM
RON PAUL IS RAPIDLY RISING

JohnGalt23g
01-06-2012, 10:04 PM

Loserspeak.

Losing campaigns make excuses. Frothy gave a perfect example of how to behave when there is a vote controversy... validate the process that (in both Frothy's and Ron Paul's case) bestowed one of the magic three tickets. Note what he did not do, namely engage in baseless theories without a shred of evidence.

pauladin
01-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Good to see Huntsman not climbing in the polls. I admit I have been terrified of a Huntsman surge.

rblgenius
01-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Good to see Huntsman not climbing in the polls. I admit I have been terrified of a Huntsman surge.

The latest controversy might blow up in his face.

Peace&Freedom
01-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Loserspeak.

Losing campaigns make excuses. Frothy gave a perfect example of how to behave when there is a vote controversy... validate the process that (in both Frothy's and Ron Paul's case) bestowed one of the magic three tickets. Note what he did not do, namely engage in baseless theories without a shred of evidence.

NeverLearnSpeak. Paul didn't complain about fraud in 2008, and was a losing campaign anyway. Dozens of posters have discussed the evidence and basis for fraud, and many were eyewitnesses, yet the neverlearners always pretend it doesn't exist at all. And of course Frothy won't complain---he one of those who benefited from the fraud, and ran off with the loot.

Forty Twice
01-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Huntsman is doing the same job in NH that Bachmann did in Iowa. Create a controversy to drag Paul down for a few days. Then quit. Perry was probably asked to stay in because he will participate in the SC dirty trick. And then quit. Luckily they don't have anymore also-rans to throw at us. Ron knows if he just keeps his cool, he
will get his chance to engage Romney. Mano a Mano.

Not only a good Dr. He's a great general. Hannibal and Stonewall would be proud.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Right now it's 50/50 between paul and santorum for 2nd IMO.

Yeah, because being down around double-digits with a few days to go really makes it "50-50." :rolleyes:

New Hampshire is not a Santorum kind of state. He'll probably get around the same 11% that 2008 Iowa dud Mike Huckabee received in New Hampshire.

jax
01-07-2012, 12:21 AM
santorum is about to get blown up at tomorrow nights debate

J_White
01-07-2012, 01:16 AM
I think the surge was not devastating, but its timing was.
remember all previous "frontrunners" reached the mid 20s - Bachmann, Perry, the Grinch and then Santorum.
so i think its nothing new. only problem is at that time there was no time for the truth to prick this bubble.
if we had 1 week, things would have been much different.
Now what scares me is that Huntsman is going to have a similar surge in NH and stop Dr. Paul from getting a close 2nd.

Romney 42%
Paul 22%
Santorum 13%

abstrusezincate
01-07-2012, 01:32 AM
The assumption that a Huntsman surge takes away votes from Paul is erroneous. I think he takes votes from Romney, which might not be a bad thing.

Svenskar_för_Ron_Paul
01-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Hell, just look at RCP's site, dude. There are definitely rats in the corn when it comes to all of this. His rcp average was like 5-6% ahead, yet Santorum winds up 'winning' by that same amount just 1-2 days later? The closest Rick got was 4-5% in any pole before that. Then when you listen to that fox hack, Dee Dee (whatever her name was) on that radio show, going on and on about how her 'insider friends' in the GOP are frantically trying to do something about the voters and stopping Ron Paul, i think it's pretty obvious something was rigged. She was ranting about if Romney and Santorum split the vote too much, Ron would win, she flat out admitted they were 'very concerned' about it and alluding tons of times that something was being worked on. That's what is so surreal about it, these scumbags arent even hiding it anymore. They used the media and some of the polls showing Santorum 'surging', in order for it to match with the final outcome. Oh well.

It's circumstantial evidence, not evidence.