PDA

View Full Version : "I am the Most Fiscally Conservative Person on this Stage"

Paulitics 2011
01-06-2012, 06:32 PM
In my decades of service, I have voted against every tax raise, voted against every unbalanced budget, voted against every bailout. I have never voted to raise Congressional pay, and would in fact cut the Presidential salary down to the American median of $40k if elected. I consistently vote against foreign aid, against corrupt special interest favors, and against inflationary policies. In 2001, I predicted the future collapse of the housing bubble, speaking out against the policies of the Fed and the GSEs. I almost singlehandedly led the charge in exposing the corruption within the Federal Reserve, which most people didn't even know existed before my campaign. (Optional: "I challenge anyone on this stage to match my fiscal voting record.")

It's the economy stupid. Yes, Ron Paul DOES need to patch up the foreign policy answers as well, but we also need to understand that "liberty" and "the constitution" are not going to get us elected. A strong record of fiscal conservatism, however, will bring a huge boost in supporters. The media has been mostly focusing on the facets of his philosophy that are unpopular with the GOP. Let's focus on what they like.

Why not just say he's the most conservative person overall, you may ask? Unfortunately, most people still see conservatism as equivalent to neoconservatism/social conservatism. That would invite an array of attacks at the same time, and it would make Ron Paul seem too eager to call others liberals. (I've already seen articles poking fun at him, saying his definition of liberal is anyone who disagrees with him). If Ron Paul, does, however, say this, he might be questioned on his other stances, and then get a chance to calmly respond without interruptions.

KramerDSP
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
/////

Matthanuf06
01-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Agree. Paul is close enough to actually campaign, and not just spread the cause. He has a real chance at win so he needs to appeal to voters. Obviously not compromise anything, but appeal to their sense of emotion and to their knowledge. The economy message is great, and if he laid out his record like that it would resonate with a lot of voters. He just needs to be clear.

eleganz
01-06-2012, 06:58 PM
It would be cool if he says:

"I'm UNDISPUTEDLY the most fiscally conservative on this entire state"

"I dare ONE of you to stand up right now to my fiscal record, we can go through all of my votes, let's go, we don't have all day, I have 15 miles of biking to do later"

:D

Paulitics 2011
01-06-2012, 07:11 PM
/////
???

jersdream
01-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Nope Iran.

Paulitics 2011
01-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Nope Iran.

What about it?

tbone717
01-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Nope Iran.

When you look at the polls where they ask voters what issues are important to them, foreign policy is near the bottom. The top issues are jobs, the economy and spending. This is an election not an education session. You talk about the issues that matter the most to the voters in order to win their support.

Travlyr
01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
It's the economy stupid.
That line worked for Bill Clinton because very few people understood that there was a choice. Now we understand that we have a clear choice. Sound money vs. Unsound money. Now we know that Ron Paul's sound monetary policy will create millions of jobs virtually for anyone who wants one.

Yes, Ron Paul DOES need to patch up the foreign policy answers as well, but we also need to understand that "liberty" and "the constitution" are not going to get us elected.
I respectfully disagree. The media says that all the time but the media is a joke. "Some guy on the Internet posted a YouTube video" so they take it viral like it is important. Give me a break! The media people are living in a bubble and they do not have a high intellect. Ron Paul's foreign policy is a foreign policy of freedom. It only takes a few hours to learn about it. Ron Paul's - "A Foreign Policy of Freedom (http://mises.org/books/foreign_policy_freedom_paul.pdf)" = Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship.

A strong record of fiscal conservatism, however, will bring a huge boost in supporters. The media has been mostly focusing on the facets of his philosophy that are unpopular with the GOP. Let's focus on what they like.
Cutting real spending is a good start. Ron Paul plans to cut one $Trillion the first year and balance the budget by year 3 of his presidency. That concept is very popular among hardworking taxpayers outside of the Washington D.C. Beltway.

Why not just say he's the most conservative person overall, you may ask? Unfortunately, most people still see conservatism as equivalent to neoconservatism/social conservatism. That would invite an array of attacks at the same time, and it would make Ron Paul seem too eager to call others liberals. (I've already seen articles poking fun at him, saying his definition of liberal is anyone who disagrees with him). If Ron Paul, does, however, say this, he might be questioned on his other stances, and then get a chance to calmly respond without interruptions.
Indeed. Yet, Ron Paul is a true conservative along the lines of Republican Robert Taft. Republican Party Platform (http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=29639#ixzz1hnH3gdcq)

EBounding
01-06-2012, 07:44 PM

"I dare ONE of you to stand up right now to my fiscal record, we can go through all of my votes, let's go, we don't have all day, I have 15 miles of biking to do later"

Yeah that would be just about the best thing ever. I really want him to show emotion and directly challenge these jokers.

roho76
01-06-2012, 07:47 PM

lol. I almost spit out my drink. +rep