PDA

View Full Version : Christians For Ron Paul TIME To Step Up

Captain Shays
01-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Obviously Ron Paul is being attacked visciously and treacherously by none other than so called Christians and conservatives. We know what the truth is and it's up to us to get it to our brothers and sisters who are being lied to and lead by their noses into wars, corruption, one world government, debt and loss of the liberties that were authored by the Lord.
We believe these may be the end times and deception is rampant. Now, we see it trying to destroy a good man's name and honor. They are coming at him from every direction. Why? Because he is the oNLY ONE who uoholds the rule of law. He is the ONLY ONE who hasn't been corrupted by the powers of money and intrigue and the globalists. He is the ONLY ONE who adheres to the Christian Just War Principles and actually follows in practice not just in words the Prince of Peace. He may not wear his religion on his shirt sleeve but he actually LIVES it in legislation, his words and his entire life.
Our brothers and sisters in the Lord have been decieved too long. They have been separated along policital lines of demarcation by that same deception. Their children have been sent to kill and die in unnecessary wars by a government operating in a fallen world system ruled by the powers and principalities of the air in this age.
We must come to his defense becausee just as our non Christian friends know, this isn't about Ron Paul but the principles we all stand for whether Christian, Jew, Muslim, or Athiest. We have a common cause of peace truth and freedom no matter what our color or ancestry or region of the country or age.

Reply to this thread and brain storm with me on how to win this fight. Now that a deciever Rick Santorum is touting his Christian faith and gaining recognition all the while with a record of corruption, lies and unconstitutional votes in the Senate while he declares tha tin his first week in office he will initiate bombings in Iran a country that has never attacked us or threatened us.

Part of the mass deception that is being preached in errant churches across this country and in the media that is unwittingly facilitating the emergence of a one world system orchestrated by the fallen one is that we the United States is the protector of Israel. We know that to apply to anyone or anything the attributes of the Lord is blashpmey. Right? Well all through our bibles it says tha God and God ALONE is the protector of Israel. NOWHERE does it say or imply that the USA is.

We also know from scripture that the Jews will be scattered throughout the world for a period of time and then they will come back into their own nation again. That prophesy has already come true. We also know, that once they come back into their country they will NEVER AGAIN BE DESTROYED.
Non Christians and Jews and other religions may not believe that but it doesn't matter. Those who believe their bible SHOULD know it but they do not because they have been lied to. It's right there in front of them. Israel is never again to be destroyed after they come back.

But we have bold liars like Santorum and Gingrich and Romney push their chests out as tey declare to the world that THEY won't allow Israel to be destroyed. Really? Thats not what it say sin the bible they supposedly believe in.

HELP me get this message out to other Christians.

HELP me to defend Ron Paul against the lies of those who say they are Christians and say they support Israel.

JJ2
01-06-2012, 05:48 PM
I am an Evangelical Christian who supports Dr. Ron Paul.

What baffles me the most about evangelicals not supporting Paul is that besides Perry (who will be out soon), Paul is the only Evangelical Christian in the race. There are two Mormons and two Catholics (and very slimy ones at that), and evangelical Christians are supporting them?!?!

I think it should be pointed out that Paul is the only evangelical in the running. Also, most Christians are not aware of the fact that Ron Paul will be, in his own words, the most pro-life President in history. It's also important to point out that by cutting all foreign aid, Paul will be helping Israel, since we currently give more money to Israel's enemies than we give to Israel.

tbone717
01-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Perry is an Evangelical too or at least he claims to be. I don't know much about his profession of faith.

JJ2
01-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Perry is an Evangelical too or at least he claims to be. I don't know much about his profession of faith.

Yes, but he has fallen so far that he will be out of the race soon.

SwooshOU
01-06-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm an evangelical Christian as well. And I love Ron Paul. I'm having an extremely difficult time with my friends and family on two issues: homosexuality and our bases all over the world and in particular the Iran issue.

In interviews Ron Paul is very humble on his view of homosexuals. But because he doesn't outright condemn homosexuality as a Christian (even if it doesn't really matter politically) my conservative Christian friends and family have a problem. "He's not taking a stand personally!"

On Iran and our worldwide empire, they are saying things out of fear and apparently are OK with all the spending to "keep us safe."

I'm trying to say things in a way that will relate to their perspective... but having a hard time.

Emerick
01-06-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm an evangelical Christian as well. And I love Ron Paul. I'm having an extremely difficult time with my friends and family on two issues: homosexuality and our bases all over the world and in particular the Iran issue.

In interviews Ron Paul is very humble on his view of homosexuals. But because he doesn't outright condemn homosexuality as a Christian (even if it doesn't really matter politically) my conservative Christian friends and family have a problem. "He's not taking a stand personally!"

On Iran and our worldwide empire, they are saying things out of fear and apparently are OK with all the spending to "keep us safe."

I'm trying to say things in a way that will relate to their perspective... but having a hard time.

Don't talk only about spending. Ask them if they are OK with killing maybe millions of people just for political games. Tell them that US attacks and sanctions caused the death of 500,000 children in Iraq in the 90's. Ask if they don't have a problem with that. Ask them what Jesus Christ would think about this, what any true Christian should think of that.

JJ2
01-06-2012, 06:08 PM

Show them the articles that call him a homophobe? ;) The Newsletters? ;) Dondero saying he's uncomfortable around homosexuals? ;)

robert9712000
01-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Just remind them that as a Christian you can help identify fellow Christians by there fruits.

Galatians - Chapter 5

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Explain to them how Paul exemplifies most of these.

Also explain how there being used by secular politicians who deceive them into thinking our involvement in the middle east has anything to do with God.The politicians arent concerned about glorifying God but rather they want to be in control of most the worlds oil.Faith is not letting people deceive you and take advantage of your good nature,but faith is being wise about the worlds ways, yet hold strong in hope that God will bless your patience

Captain Shays
01-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Please reference some of what I said in the launch post to your family and friends. I can also direct you to Lewrockwell.com. Once there search for Laurence Vance "Christianity and War. He has written some GREAT pieces on the topic.

You should also get very well informed about the Christian Just War Principles that not only Ron Paul adheres to and has referenced many times in speaches and his writings but the founding fathers also believed in as well.

The scriptures give us only four instances where we can kill another and be excused as not being in violation of the COmmandment that is correctly interpreted as "touh shall not murder"

1. by accident

2. capital punishment

3. self defense

4. defense of your loved ones.

ALL other killing is murder including when a government is a fallen world system tells you to go into someone else's country and kill even if that country and it's citizens never attacked or threatened you or your country.

Explain to them that our country cannot do what an individual cannot do. If an individual cannot commit murder, either can our country.

If your neighnors say that your other neighbor is making weapons and making threats to kill you and your entire family and out of fear you go over to his house and kill him and accidently kill some members of his family, you would be tried and convicted of murder. Our country has the same weight on them as an individual.

The early Christians were concerned about the invading hoards coming across the border of Rome and they wanted to know if they could defend their families and their country. Thats when the search of scripture determined if or when a Christian could kill another and not be a murderer.
They figured that if the enemy on the border penetrated through then, they would kill you and your family so in that case it would be justified to take up arms in the army because you were really defending your own family. This is what was presented to the Swiss at their convention by brother Klause a jesuit monk who lived in a monestary in the alps and it's when they declared their perpetual neutrality. Our founding fathers admired Switzerland and modeled our foreign policy after them and they too based our neutrality on the Christian Just War Principles.

All attempts to forge peace must first be exhausted. Then a formal declaration of war must go out in a last ditch attempt to cause the enemy to change their minds. If attacked the response must always be in proportion to the threat. You're not supposed to try to increase their suffering or prolong their pain. You are not justified in after fending off the invasion to then go into that country and start killing them and their families. If they are wounded you should tend to their wounds. If they are hungry feed them. If thirsty give them water. If out in the elements give them cover.
Hence the ONLY just war is a war of self defense.

Please clean that up and spread it around to EVERYONE you know who is a christian or not because even these principles appeal to non Christians.

Lymeade-Lady
01-06-2012, 06:18 PM

What baffles me the most about evangelicals not supporting Paul is that besides Perry (who will be out soon), Paul is the only Evangelical Christian in the race. There are two Mormons and two Catholics (and very slimy ones at that), and evangelical Christians are supporting them?!?!

I think it should be pointed out that Paul is the only evangelical in the running. Also, most Christians are not aware of the fact that Ron Paul will be, in his own words, the most pro-life President in history. It's also important to point out that by cutting all foreign aid, Paul will be helping Israel, since we currently give more money to Israel's enemies than we give to Israel.

This is good!

Captain Shays
01-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Don't talk only about spending. Ask them if they are OK with killing maybe millions of people just for political games. Tell them that US attacks and sanctions caused the death of 500,000 children in Iraq in the 90's. Ask if they don't have a problem with that. Ask them what Jesus Christ would think about this, what any true Christian should think of that.

If they don't believe that this country killed 500,000 Iraqi's with the sanctions direct them to youtube and type in Albright says it was worth it". Mad Mad Albright was interviewed in 60 minutes by Leslie Stahl and was asked "Mrs Albright. Our sanctions killed over 500,000 Iraqi's, was it worth it?". She thought for a second then said "yes it was worth it".

I think this thread can be a clearinghouse of all the videos we can compile to help each other and maybe we can find someone who is good at making videos and put them out on youtube and spread them around to every christian that we can find.

If we do this right guys we CAN win South Carolina and Virginia

Captain Shays
01-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Evangelicals are rightly concerned about the emergence of a one world government. Many are confused as to who's plan it really is. Just consider if our Lord would want the entire world to be ruled by the antichrist who kills all the end times maryters? Didn't God destroy the Tower of Babal? The only one world system that God would want is the one where Jesus sits on the throne.

But we know from scripture "they will be marrying and giving in marriage, eating and drinking like it was in the days of Noah". In other words, it will all come about within the context of our modern reality. Many people won't see it coming because they couldn't see the signs. But Christians of old, and really not that long ago had no idea how the one world government would actually come about but we know because we have the United Nations. Ron Paul is the ONLY ONE who has ever authored a bill to get us out of the UN.
NO CHRISTIAN SHOULD EVER VOTE FOR ANY CANDIDATE WHO WANTS TO KEEP US IN THE UN. THAt as much as gay marriage should be more a litmus test for a candidate because millions of Christians will be slaughterd by the hand of the antichrist who comes to power through that one world govt.

Sola_Fide
01-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Guys, I see it everywhere...Evangelicals are taking a second look at Ron Paul.

Protestant Christians need more than anything to be reminded of their heritage of CONSTITUTIONALISM!

The Emergence of Liberty in the Modern World: The Influence of Calvin on Five Governments from the 16th Through 18th Centuries (Paperback)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516WN71FK9L._SX300_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0875522971/ref=aw_cr_item_title

EBounding
01-06-2012, 07:26 PM
My mother is 63 and an Evangelical Christian. I am too. She watches Fox News all the time. A few months ago, she was ok with me supporting Ron Paul, even though she likes Romney. But now she's practically horrified that my wife and I support him. I have no idea why she likes Romney, other than she thinks he's the only one that can beat Obama.

My wife (Sarah) isn't really political, but she likes Paul. She posted the campaign's abortion ad on her facebook recently. My mom responded and so did I. I wanted to make a point about how character should matter in a leader. Here's the discussion:

Mom: Debate started! Sarah, don't listen to Josh! Don't vote for Ron Paul! Please! He will never defeat Obama and that has to be our united goal!!!!! Now I have to pray! You know, the rest of the people running are also pro life!

My Wife: My husband(your son) was raised to be a wonderful, intelligent and loving man. I believe he is right and I will always listen to him!:) Ron Paul does have a chance to defeat Obama, where is your hope and faith? Why vote for flip floppers, and the "lesser evils" when u can vote for a man of faith who accepts Jesus Christ as his savior! Josh and I will pray for you Mom! Not all the candidates are pro-life. And now Debate ended! If you want to debate you can debate more with Josh, he's the debater not me. I just know what I believe and what God has put in my heart:)

My Wife: On a side note, you always use to tell me to ALWAYS listen to Josh because he's a good man and is an intelligent man, what happened? heh. Ok, now I must go feed the dog and take him out then start supper. Praying!

Mom: Obama said he is a Christian, so was Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. Christian does not always mean that someone should be president. Josh should listen to his mom.

Me: Romney won't beat Obama because he's just Obama-lite. He would be the Republican John Kerry. He takes any position to get elected so I don't trust him. Paul's been honest and consistent for years to his own political detriment. But now a lot more people see that he's right. He's the only other candidate besides Romney who has a significant national network and funding to campaign. But more importantly, he has the unique message to win against Obama.

But I guess people like being lied to. I'm done with that though. Our leaders trample our liberties and the Constitution. They've put us over $15 trillion in debt and it continues to grow. I'm actually worried about the future and no other candidate is interested in at least trying to stop these things.

Mom: I understand what you are saying Josh and I agree with Ron Paul on quite of few things, but not on his stance on foreign issues and I am scared spitless if Obama wins again. We won't have a country to worry about anymore. I believe Romney will win and that is where my inner peace is. If I'm wrong about him, it will still be better than 4 more years of Obama. Romney is a morally upright good person just as all of the rest of the candidates. I believe he is the only one that can win over Obama. I don't think any of the others can. We live in a divided country and the Republican candidate has to appeal to more than just conservative America. The "other side" gets to vote too and I think if offered an alternative to Obama they will vote Republican.

Remember, a house divided shall not stand.

Oh and I love you very much Joshy! All this gray hair on my head means I have a lot of wisdom. At least that's what the bible says!:)

Me: Paul gets more independents than Romney and even some democrats. And he doesn't have to change his positions to get their vote. The country is in trouble whether Obama is the president or not. The problems have accelerated under Obama, but for years no one has been willing to change how the government functions by following the Constitution. Paul might not even be successful in stopping the country's decline, but he's the only one willing to try by following the Constitution.

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them." [Matthew 7:15]

What is Romney's fruit? Pandering and deception. Paul's fruit is honesty and consistency. I know this because I won the Christian Character Award in kindergarten. [Inside joke. We were watching old home movies over Christmas]

Mom: That's right you did. And who taught you all those Christian charteristics? Hmmmm. Oh, yeah, it was your MOM~!I love you Josh! You are such a smart person. I'll think about what you have said. I am open to wise counsel.

There's a lot more I could say, especially about foreign policy, but I wanted to keep it short. As you can see, questioning everyone else's character and comparing it to Paul is one of his primary advantages. It's all Biblical too.

Captain Shays
01-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Tell your mom that Captain Shays says that to apply to anyone or anything the attributes of God is blashphemy. Since all through the bible it clearly states that God is the protector of Israel to say that Israel would be destroyed without the USA is really a form of blasphemy.

If she knows her bible just confirm what she already knows in her heart. That NOWHERE does it say that Israel will EVER be destroyed after they return to their country.

In this realm simply point out to her that the head of the Israeli Mossod said that Iran is not an immediate threat and if they become one Israel can handle it on their own. Also that Netenahu also said that Israel doesn't need the USA to protect her from Iran. Why is it that if Ron paul says the same thing all the nut jobs cal him crazy and anti Israel?

As far as "our obligations" that the new style conservatives always talk about as an excuse to continue to police the world, among those obligations is one to protect Tiawan against China. Ask your mom and any other person who favors this style of defense how many American sons is an acceptable number to see come home in coffins to defend Tiawan against China if China ever decides to excert their sovereignty?

Point out that during the Maoist Revolution in China over 5 million Tibetans were slaughtered and among the murdered were over 100,000 Chinese Christians. Guys, I have a picture here in a book of a single lane road in China and as far as one can see in that picture on both sides of the road spaced about 15 feet apart are crosses with Christians nailed to them. I mean men, women and children. But this country didn't do a thing to help them.

In Sudan during their uprisings over 2.5 million were slaughtered and among them tens of thousands of Christians. Many of them were also crucified and or tortured to death. The radical Muslims there would fill a tire with gasoline and force the christian to swallow gasoline then they put the tire around his neck and ignite it. MANY Christians died that way. THis country didn't lift a finger.

BUT we sent 500,000 troops to save "our friends" the Kuwaiti's and our leaders said oil had nothing to do with it. After that Gulf War the US set up bases in Saudi Arabia which enraged radical Muslims all over the world and they warned us to get out of their holy land. THAT is when they started to attack us. Tell your mom. Tell other Christians. Tell EVERYONE

We supposedly follow the Prince of Peace not some twisted go of perpetual war

Intoxiklown
01-06-2012, 08:25 PM
One way I address the Iran issue with other Christians (I am Southern Baptist) is to point out the history of how Iran got to this point. They always want to go with military force instead of dimplomacy, citing Israel. After I go over the history, I tell them that I am not opposed to war with any nation that wants to attack our allies if those allies are being attacked first. And I am not opposed to war if someone attacks us. And that neither is Ron Paul, as he has said he'll honor the Constitution, and the will of Congress (the people) in said matters. But I always close with this.....

"Knowing how Iran went from being our peaceful ally, to what they are today. And knowing how our government (I say this! NOT "how we") betrayed our ally, how can we....as a Christian nation, not at least try diplomacy first? I'm not saying it's guaranteed to work, but as Christians, we should show it by going to them, and simply saying, 'We're sorry. We made a mistake.'"

As much as I HATE to use the "tug on your heart strings" argument style, this approach has always worked. They don't always just break down and agree with me, but I can see that I've made them think. And that is how you start the ground work, as I've had a few people come back to me later, and tell me they are curious about Ron Paul's stance on X.

Southron
01-06-2012, 08:42 PM
I always try and point out the damage done to the Christian population in Iraq due to ousting Saddam. They are fleeing the country in droves now that they don't have the protection that Saddam once provided. This is one of the oldest Christian communities in the world that totaled 1 million prior to the war. We made Iraq safe for Muslim extremists...:(

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/episodes/july-23-2010/disappearing-christians-of-iraq/6701/

SwooshOU
01-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Just responded to a family member on facebook. Thought I'd share:

My passion for Ron Paul is because I believe smaller government would enable Christians to make an even a bigger impact on our culture. As it is, the government does so much social service that Christians and Churches can sit back and point to the welfare office instead of helping out their brothers and sisters. At least when the Church helps someone, they get the Good News and someone willingly wanted to help them. When the government "helps" they just get a check and we all foot the bill.

I think a lot of my conservative Christian friends and family get hung up on Ron Paul's philosophy and then assume he's a weak Christian. But that couldn't be further from the truth. Let me explain.

His philosophy is that when we, as Christians, begin to push the government to handle social issues on behalf of Christianity (i.e.: telling people who can and cannot get married, telling people what they can and cannot put in their body, telling people what they can and cannot do in their homes) then we've essentially given up a little bit more of our personal freedom. Sure, it may be all well and good for us Christians... for awhile.

But here's the kicker... Now, let's suppose that down the road, an opponent of Christianity wins office. Well, since the government's function has been expanded to social issues, we should expect any number of anti-Christian laws to be pushed on the people.

And that's the point. I don't want a government that can tell me what I can and cannot do in my house and in my personal life. But so many Christians today want that. It will be unfortunate and ironic when one day Christians are the ones told what they can and cannot do because they sacrificed those liberties to the government when they were in power.

Getting the government out of social issues altogether ensures the opposition cannot push their social ideas on us someday. It also puts the onus BACK on Christians and further enables us to truly be Light and Truth to a world in need.

Ron Paul is simply arguing for the Constitution which means limited government. Less power. More freedom and more liberty.

Captain Shays
01-07-2012, 12:53 PM
What we Christians for Ron Paul need to do is provide the materials for those who are really good at making videos and then we need to spread them around to EVERY Christian voter in SC, Virginia, N Carolina and everywhere else. Ron Paul CAN CAN CAN CAN Win the Christian vote with our help.

We can also work together to make a flyer with Ron Paul's Christian values, the Christian Just War Principles and so forth and during church drive around and put them in the windshield wipers on the cars in the parking lots. We NEED to get off our butts and start working TOGETHER.

Captain Shays
01-07-2012, 12:59 PM
There is a lot of information here that can help us put something together and I'm sure if we ask politely Pastor Chuck will allow us to use his materials in our effort to convince Christians all over the palce to support the one and only Christian candidate

http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/

simon1911
01-07-2012, 01:22 PM
How about sending them this blog post: http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/100998.html

CaptainAmerica
01-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Believe me. I have had a fair share of very heated,and angry debates with friends and family members over the bible. I have used scripture to demolish their little world views and liberal foreign policy and it doesnt make them happy campers.

I have friends who have been debating their parents as well.

Captain Shays
01-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Believe me. I have had a fair share of very heated,and angry debates with friends and family members over the bible. I have used scripture to demolish their little world views and liberal foreign policy and it doesnt make them happy campers.

I have friends who have been debating their parents as well.

But they CAN be reached and we CAN change their minds. If not, we can use the tactic I read somewhere......oh yeah I think it was the bible. Plant seeds and someone else will come along and water them.

They must face how they can support constant wars and still claim to be followers of the Prince of Peace.

Did you guys know where that universal peace symbol that came out in the 1970's actully came from? Well pagans, and witches view Christians as war makers and murders so they figure that if they can subvert Christianity if not break it completely forever they will have peace. The symbol is actually a broken crucifix and then inverted.
Our symbol for Christians For Ron Paul should be in one caption that universal peace symbol, then in the next caption it turns up a little and the arms come down a little. In each caption it turns a little more upright and the arms come down a little more until it becomes again a crucifix with the words "real peace" above it.

Christians don't want to be hypocrites or disobient to God. When faced with the history or even what others percieve the history to be which is that they have been war makers not peace makers as Jesus wanted them to be, they would be hit hard in the face with their own hypicrisy.
But I would also like to show them that they have been duped into being hypocrites. They have followed false shepherds. They have been lied to. They have been used and played like a fiddle into believing that they are justified in going into other countries and killing people under the guise of "just cause" while ignoring the Christian Just War Principles.

We can show them that Israel will never be destroyed so when they hear someone like Santorum say that he won't allow Israel to be destroyed they will see him as the liar and hypocrite that he is. When they hear people imply that Israel would be destroyed without the United States we can show them from scripture where they are wrong and worse. That it's even a form of blasphemy to say that. All the while of course without giving the impression that we would in any way abandon Israel. But, we can love Israel and support Israel without going to war for them or robbing the American people of their hard earned income to support Israel financially. One simpe fact is that if the government isn't giving money to Israel they can reach into their own pockets to send to Israel any time they want. If they are conservatives who resent the government taking money to give charity for them as a socialist would do then why don't they resent the government taking their money to give nation charity to?

We don't have much time! We NEED to get together to make effective flyers and videos that are specific to Christians BEFORE South Carolina.

Who can make videos? Who can make flyers? Let's get together on the content and make something powerful. COME ON GUYS

Liberty74
01-09-2012, 04:40 PM

Ask them if they want other countries building bases in their back yards and occupying America? Then what about the Golden Rule?

Ask them how two gay adults living together effects their life under their roof? It doesn't!!!

In regards to war - ask them if they ever heard of the Just War Theory that Ron Paul follows and the only person following it who is running. This makes other Christians and candidates somewhat hypocrites just like in the Golden Rule.

Sound money? Ron Paul takes that right out of the bible.

Paul doesn't "take a stand personally." He actually does. He doesn't agree with it. However, that does not give Paul the right to enforce his lifestyle/views on others. It's called freedom and liberty which many Christians are against. The younger crowd gets this and overwhelmingly supports at least unions for the gay community while the older crowd are stuck in their hateful ways.

PastaRocket848
01-09-2012, 04:42 PM
what is the difference between an "evangelical" christian and a run-of-the-mill christian? serious question...

Davy Crockett
01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Did you guys know where that universal peace symbol that came out in the 1970's actully came from?

Wrong.

http://www.natall.com/images/rune1.gif

It comes from an ancient alphabet, or futhark, used in Northern Europe for many centuries before the general adoption of the Roman alphabet there. The Life Rune signifies life, creation, birth, rebirth, and renewal.

lilymc
01-09-2012, 04:57 PM
We believe these may be the end times and deception is rampant. Now, we see it trying to destroy a good man's name and honor. They are coming at him from every direction. Why? Because he is the oNLY ONE who uoholds the rule of law. He is the ONLY ONE who hasn't been corrupted by the powers of money and intrigue and the globalists. He is the ONLY ONE who adheres to the Christian Just War Principles and actually follows in practice not just in words the Prince of Peace. He may not wear his religion on his shirt sleeve but he actually LIVES it in legislation, his words and his entire life.

I've been thinking about this lately, and as crazy as it may sound to some, I've been seeing some truly bizarre things recently that have caused me to ask that question, are we getting near the end? Because what I've been seeing is just what the bible talks about - major deception, people straying from sound doctrine, etc.

I recently got in some "debates" with 2 online friends of mine, both who are professed Christians and both were are EXTREME neocons and RP haters. I was smeared and personally attacked by both of them, and I have never seen anything like it. They are SO blind, unreasonable, as stubborn as can be, and completely twist the truth around. Last night the second guy (who sadly has been a friend for many years) said some things to me that were so vicious and hurtful that I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. He said, "Get behind me satan" (to me) and accused me of being the very things that HE was being at that moment. (judgmental, liar, etc.) It was ugly, and bizarre. Which leads me to wonder, are we really dealing with this mass deception, because that's how it appears. The good news is, I HAVE seen some people who were once strong neocons realize they were wrong and come over to Ron Paul.... so, there is hope. But for some, it just seems absolutely impossible to get through.

Sorry for the venting there, but I just couldn't believe what has been happening recently.

Nathan Rahl
01-09-2012, 05:02 PM
I am both an evangelical pastor and a national guard chaplain. These positions seem to give me a great advantage in any discussion with others concerning Ron Paul, because I can speak with authority from both a theological and military perspective. I think I have probably converted more people to Ron Paul's philosophy in the last few months than I have to Christianity in general (though I certainly believe the philosophy of liberty is in keeping with scripture and shares many of the same tenets such as personal fiscal and moral responsibility, human freedom of the will, persuasion over coercion, peace rather than violence, etc, etc.). Though I know that my unique position does not help other Christians, who are supporting Ron Paul, with the effort to convince their peers "per se," I would encourage them to enlist those who can speak from authority on the issues you are discussing by pointing to youtube videos of them articulating the positions or trying to arrange it so they are with you when you talk to these people. You might even ask to speak to your own pastor, elders, deacons, etc. and talk with them about Ron Paul and his positions. If you can win over church leaders through persuasion, they can then speak to others with the authority that comes from their position as well.

Liberty74
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM
I've been thinking about this lately, and as crazy as it may sound to some, I've been seeing some truly bizarre things recently that have caused me to ask that question, are we getting near the end? Because what I've been seeing is just what the bible talks about - major deception, people straying from sound doctrine, etc.

I recently got in some "debates" with 2 online friends of mine, both who are professed Christians and both were are EXTREME neocons and RP haters. I was smeared and personally attacked by both of them, and I have never seen anything like it. They are SO blind, unreasonable, as stubborn as can be, and completely twist the truth around. Last night the second guy (who sadly has been a friend for many years) said some things to me that were so vicious and hurtful that I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. He said, "Get behind me satan" (to me) and accused me of being the very things that HE was being at that moment. (judgmental, liar, etc.) It was ugly, and bizarre. Which leads me to wonder, are we really dealing with this mass deception, because that's how it appears. The good news is, I HAVE seen some people who were once strong neocons realize they were wrong and come over to Ron Paul.... so, there is hope. But for some, it just seems absolutely impossible to get through.

Sorry for the venting there, but I just couldn't believe what has been happening recently.

Ask your Christian friends why they do not support the Just War Theory and the Golden Rule?

Davy Crockett
01-09-2012, 05:19 PM
..........since we currently give more money to Israel's enemies than we give to Israel.

Wrong, just look up foreign aid by country and you will see that Israel's enemies does not get nearly the same aid as Israel does.

The nature of US foreign aid to Israel

Constitutes 30% of the total US foreign aid budget, which renders Israel to be the largest recipient of US aid in the world

Since 1987, the US congress has annually been approving a foreign aid bill totaling an average of $3 billion to Israel, $1.2 billion in economical aid, and $1.8 billion in military aid.

After the gulf war in 1991, the US has additionally been offering Israel $2 billion annually in federal loan guarantees, which brings the total US foreign aid to Israel to about $5 billion, or $13.7 million per day. This amount excludes the approximate $1.5 billion in total tax-deductible private donations from numerous Jewish charities and individual donors.

All in all, this is the largest amount of foreign aid given to a country, and constitutes 30% of the total amount of US foreign aid budget.

Are Christians even aware that 90% of the "Jews" in the world today are not even descended from Abraham, but instead are descendants of the Khazar kingdom that converted to Judaism during the Middle Ages?

One of the propounders of the hypothesis concerning the Khazar origins of Jewry is the Professor of Mediaeval Jewish History at Tel Aviv University, A. N. Poliak. His book Khazaria (in Hebrew) was published in 1944 in Tel Aviv, and a second edition in 1951.[5] In his introduction he writes that the facts demand —

a new approach, both to the problem of the relations between the Khazar Jewry and other Jewish communities, and to the question of how far we can go in regarding this [Khazar] Jewry as the nucleus of the large Jewish settlement in EasternEurope. … The descendants of this settlement — those who stayed where they were, those who emigrated to the United States and to other countries, and those who went to Israel — constitute now the large majority of world Jewry.

This was written before the full extent of the holocaust was known, but that does not alter the fact that the large majority of surviving Jews in the world is of Eastern European — and thus perhaps mainly of Khazar — origin. If so, this would mean that their ancestors came not from the Jordan but from the Volga, not from Canaan but from the Caucasus, once believed to be the cradle of the Aryan race; and that genetically they are more closely related to the Hun, Uigur and Magyar tribes than to the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

MadOdorMachine
01-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm beginning to think it's not God's will for him to get elected. Most people didn't even accept Christ when he was here so it's not surprise. The Christians in this country have not repented. We've been attacked on 9/11, had hurricane Katrina, just went thru one of the worst droughts in history and are in dire economic straights. God is calling out to us, but we aren't listening. I honestly don't know what to do because Christians seem to convinced on going to war with Iran. Read your bible though. It's all God's plan. I believe we are very close to the tribulation period. I was hoping God might spare America, but I'm beginning to get a little pessimistic about it.

lilymc
01-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Ask your Christian friends why they do not support the Just War Theory and the Golden Rule?

Their position is that what we have been doing in the Middle East is justified and necessary, and they are absolutely convinced that "Islamofascism" is the biggest threat facing the US and the world. I did try to get them to see the Christian aspect of it, and that they are going against Jesus' teachings, but they ignored that and instead claim that even christians have the right to "self-defense" and they seem to truly think we are helping the people in the ME, and that we're the "good guys."

So, it's hard to convince someone that we are not following the Golden Rule, when they are convinced that WE are good, and fighting the evil of "Islamofacism." /sigh

Captain Shays
01-10-2012, 04:36 PM

We should certainly include that information in whatever materials we out out. It's very important for Christians to know that before they cast a vote

Captain Shays
01-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm beginning to think it's not God's will for him to get elected. Most people didn't even accept Christ when he was here so it's not surprise. The Christians in this country have not repented. We've been attacked on 9/11, had hurricane Katrina, just went thru one of the worst droughts in history and are in dire economic straights. God is calling out to us, but we aren't listening. I honestly don't know what to do because Christians seem to convinced on going to war with Iran. Read your bible though. It's all God's plan. I believe we are very close to the tribulation period. I was hoping God might spare America, but I'm beginning to get a little pessimistic about it.

A lot of things are going to happen not only in America but in the entire world. We Christians KNOW this. We KNOW there will be a one world govt. We KNOW there will be a cashless financial system. We KNOW lawlessness will increase and most people's love will grow cold. We KNOW these things will happen relatively soon. All the signs are here.
But that doesn't mean we're supposed to give up the fight. While we are here we're called to be salt and light. Salt to hold back corruption and light to bring people to Christ and to reveal the deeds they do in darkness.
Christians have been deceived. If we support Ron Paul it means we've been given the gift of discernment and I am not saying that in a bragadocious way. It just is.

Whether Ron Paul "wins" or not is not for us to question and as those who know, it will remain our job for the rest of our time on earth that we've been given, to bring light to God's people.

They have been separated by imaginary lines of demarcation "left" "right" "center" "liberal" "conservative" "democrat" republican"., Do you think that our Lord would want us to eat each other in this realm that is ruled by the powers and principalities of the air in a fallen world system? Do you think that God would want us or ANY Christian to support politicians who are helping to facilitate Satan's plan for a one world government that his antichrist will then use to murder untold millions of end times Christians?

This isn't just a political campaign for us. This is a spiritual battle. So don't give up.

Captain Shays
01-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Their position is that what we have been doing in the Middle East is justified and necessary, and they are absolutely convinced that "Islamofascism" is the biggest threat facing the US and the world. I did try to get them to see the Christian aspect of it, and that they are going against Jesus' teachings, but they ignored that and instead claim that even christians have the right to "self-defense" and they seem to truly think we are helping the people in the ME, and that we're the "good guys."

So, it's hard to convince someone that we are not following the Golden Rule, when they are convinced that WE are good, and fighting the evil of "Islamofacism." /sigh

THIS!!!!!

Captain Shays
01-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Wrong.

http://www.natall.com/images/rune1.gif

It comes from an ancient alphabet, or futhark, used in Northern Europe for many centuries before the general adoption of the Roman alphabet there. The Life Rune signifies life, creation, birth, rebirth, and renewal.

Your symbol is upright. The "peace" symbol is inverted. It really is a broken cross turned upside down. The pagans blame Christians for most wars so if they can eradicate Christianity they can have "peace".

vechorik
01-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Ron Paul's full speech at the Value Voters' Summit is full of gems, Bible quotes and stories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnj-5z9NJoY

Captain Shays
01-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Ron Paul's full speech at the Value Voters' Summit is full of gems, Bible quotes and stories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnj-5z9NJoY

Great stuff. Thank you.

Here is also a link to Pastor Chuck Baldwin's website. In case some of you don't know, Ron Paul endorsed Baldwin's candidacy for the Constitution Party in 08 and the only reason he ran was because he was angry at Ron Paul for not running as a third party candidate.(it was a friendly anger)
Anyway there is a great wealth of information for Christians that we should definitely link up to in whatever materials we give out in my opinion. He also puts out a weekly news letter that you can have delivered directly to your inbox

http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/

Dr_SCN
01-10-2012, 05:37 PM

The above may be true, but I agree that we have to fight on anyway. That's what Jesus and Paul taught us.

At the same time, it is so hard to pray for this country, to pray for God's mercy, when I know how astray this country has gone. All you have to do is turn on an episode of Jersey Shore and you can immediately see how sinful our nation has become. I include myself in this-- I know I am not the Christian that I should be.

One thing I want to point out about Ron Paul's libertarian views is this: Did God not give us the right to choose to do good or bad? He put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil there, he asked us not to eat of it, but he gave us the choice. Why do Christians want to remove all the choices from life even when their creator seems happy to give them choices? Why do we want to outlaw everything that WE say is evil or bad?

flightlesskiwi
01-10-2012, 05:51 PM
glad to see i'm not the only one confronted with this.

ah, well. i've found i can make a dent in the people i know personally, but dealing with people on the internetz is a different story.

THIS!!!!!

vechorik
01-10-2012, 09:12 PM

I think EVERY Ron Paul supporter should also be a member of their local Tea Party. I am. I'm amazed that it's more of a prayer group than a political group. They give me a hard time because they know I support Ron Paul. I'm a member of the Tea Party Facebook and we post articles, argue and whatever (like here LOL).

I was rushed, ticked and had just finished reading this thread, so I copied and pasted what you said! (very nice point BTW, I only steal the best stuff LOL)

NOW, a member is asking me all about Ron Paul. Amazed that he can be a Christian and "not support Israel." I told her that Ron Paul DOES support Israel and it's only media lies that says he doesn't. (Guess she's seen enough media lies this election to know that's possible. LOL)

It seems, now that she knows he's a Christian, she's willing to find out more! I'm flabbergasted, but it's a good kind.

I went searching and couldn't find it -- but finally found Ron Paul's "statement of faith" at www.RonPaul2012.com under "issues."

Now, I'm searching for a video of Judge Napolitano talking about Israel and Ron Paul's stance. The Judge said it much better than Ron Paul ever has.

Anyway, God is working through you -- and I wanted you to know. He works through us all -- but this one time -- I give credit to Him through you.
Thanks!

mosquitobite
01-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Bump...

I think flyers on the cars in church parking lots would be a good thing - but what needs to be targeted to them?

Captain Shays
01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
"I get to my God through Christ. Christ to me...is a man of peace. He is...he is for peace. He is not for war. He does not justify preemptive declared war. I strongly believe that there is a Christian doctrine of 'just war' and I believe this nation has drifted from that, no matter what the rationals are, we have drifted from that and it is very very dangerous and I see in many ways it un-Christian...and to justify what we do in the name of Christianity I think is very dangerous and not a part of what Christianity is all about. Christ came here for spiritual reasons - not secular war and boundaries and geography. And yet we are now dedicating so much of our aggresive activity in the name of God. But God, he is the Prince of Peace. That is what I see from my God and through Christ. I vote for peace."

-Ron Paul

The video that contains that quote can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpW5JhOJA7E

Captain Shays
01-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Bump...

I think flyers on the cars in church parking lots would be a good thing - but what needs to be targeted to them?

Above I posted an excerpt from one of Ron Paul''s speeches along with a video. Maybe that could be included?

I would like to present some quotes from our founding fathers as well which show that Ron Paul's position on foreign policy is more like them but then I would want to include by contrast quotes from progressives like Woodrow Wilson who the current flock of GOP candidates are more like.

For instance:

John Quincy Adams on U.S. Foreign Policy (1821)
October 2001
And now, friends and countrymen, if the wise and learned philosophers of the elder world, the first observers of mutation and aberration, the discoverers of maddening ether and invisible planets, the inventors of Congreve rockets and Shrapnel shells, should find their hearts disposed to enquire what has America done for the benefit of mankind?
Let our answer be this: America, with the same voice which spoke herself into existence as a nation, proclaimed to mankind the inextinguishable rights of human nature, and the only lawful foundations of government. America, in the assembly of nations, since her admission among them, has invariably, though often fruitlessly, held forth to them the hand of honest friendship, of equal freedom, of generous reciprocity.
She has uniformly spoken among them, though often to heedless and often to disdainful ears, the language of equal liberty, of equal justice, and of equal rights.
She has, in the lapse of nearly half a century, without a single exception, respected the independence of other nations while asserting and maintaining her own.
She has abstained from interference in the concerns of others, even when conflict has been for principles to which she clings, as to the last vital drop that visits the heart.
She has seen that probably for centuries to come, all the contests of that Aceldama the European world, will be contests of inveterate power, and emerging right.
Wherever the standard of freedom and Independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will her heart, her benedictions and her prayers be.
But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy.
She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all.
She is the champion and vindicator only of her own.
She will commend the general cause by the countenance of her voice, and the benignant sympathy of her example.
She well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy, and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom.
The fundamental maxims of her policy would insensibly change from liberty to force....
She might become the dictatress of the world. She would be no longer the ruler of her own spirit....
[America's] glory is not dominion, but liberty. Her march is the march of the mind. She has a spear and a shield: but the motto upon her shield is, Freedom, Independence, Peace. This has been her Declaration: this has been, as far as her necessary intercourse with the rest of mankind would permit, her practice.
When John Quincy Adams served as U. S. Secretary of State, he delivered this speech to the U.S. House of Representatives on July 4, 1821, in celebration of American Independence Day.

I have always given it as my decided opinion that no nation had a right to inter-meddle in the internal concerns of another; and that, if this country could, consistent with its engagements, maintain a strict neutrality and thereby preserve peace. George Washington - Letter to James Monroe, August 25, 1796

Observe good faith and justice toward all nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all. ...The nation which indulges toward another an habitual hatred or an habitual fondness is in some degree a slave. It is a slave to its animosity or to its affection, either of which is sufficient to lead it astray from its duty and its interest. George Washington - Farewell Address, September 17, 1797

Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none should be our motto. Thomas Jefferson - First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1801

If there be one principle more deeply rooted than any other in the mind of every American, it is that we should have nothing to do with conquest. Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) Letter to William Short, 1791

We certainly cannot deny to other nations that principle whereon our own government is founded, that every nation has a right to govern itself internally under what forms it pleases, and to change these forms at its own will. Thomas Jefferson - To Thomas Pinckney, December 30, 1792

Europe, by her arms and by her negotiations, by force and by fraud, has extended her dominion over them all, Africa, Asia, an America have successively felt her domination. The superiority she has long maintained has tempted her to plume herself as the Mistress of the World, and to consider the rest of mankind as created for her benefit.*
Alexander Hamilton on Colonialism, The Federalist Papers 1787

My ardent desire is to keep the United States free from political connections with every other country, to see them independent of all and under the influence of none. George Washington (Letter to Patrick Henry, October 9, 1795)

Back In Black
01-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I hope for the day that religion is no longer a factor in politics. It's extremely divisive and it often impairs judgement. I hope to never know what a politician's religion is anymore than I know what kind of underwear they prefer.

Captain Shays
01-12-2012, 08:22 PM
What should be the main points that we incorporate to win the support of Evangelicals over from Romney, Gingrich and Santorum?

My two cents; They ALL say or imply that without the United States Israel could get destroyed by their enemies like Iran, Syria etc. That IS NOT biblical AT ALL. In fact in my opinion it's actually a form of blasphemy and needs to be stopped whether RP wins South Carolina, or not. Christians are being deceived by this line!

coffeewithgames
01-12-2012, 08:25 PM
This video may help also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgWk9TfAJpE

flightlesskiwi
01-13-2012, 09:04 AM
hey, ya'll... after viewing that Rick Santorum video, Captain Shays is 100% right. even if RP doesn't get elected, we, as Christians need to stomp this idea of "american christian imperialism" into dust.

and i believe that we Christ followers should all stand in agreement on this: in the Name of Jesus Christ, I rebuke Rick Santorum and the evil spewing out of his mouth that reveals the wickedness that lies in his heart!!!

Jesus says in Matthew 15:18 & 19 that "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies."

I pray that we Christ followers would guard our own hearts from such evil, and that we would have righteous anger towards those who spew such filth in the name of the Lord, but that we would not let the root of bitterness take plant in our own hearts. That we, like our Creator, would be patient in affliction, but that we would have His boldness to proclaim a wrong for a wrong and that we would be ready in season to give reason for our belief. I pray that we Christ followers would hold each other accountable-- bearing each others burdens in love, exhorting, rebuking and encouraging to build each other up so that we can be wise bearers of the Gospel. Amen.

the days are evil indeed.

Okie RP fan
01-13-2012, 09:29 AM
I always refer Christians and other should be-peace minded people the video where Ron Paul explains the "Christian Just War Theory." It's great and not that long. It's perfect for passing along to fellow Christians and seniors. Here it is:

http://ronpaulflix.com/2011/10/ron-paul-on-the-christian-just-war-theory/

And it also gives some attention to Ron Paul Flix.

purepaloma
01-13-2012, 09:47 AM
2 Things that aren't discussed on Fox News:

1. JUST WAR
2. ABORTION

When it comes to the "Why and How War" Ron Paul follows the JUST WAR principle......which when broken down is very much honorable in and line with many Biblical teachings. I've walked through many Christians this principle and after real consideration, completely changed their thinking.

When it comes to the Abortion topic among Christians, I always like to ask what most in the GOP have done on this issue, or WHAT IS the actual plan of the candidate. People are speachless because most of the jokers have no plan. However, RON PAUL does! He essentially would like to overturn ROE vs WADE on the premise that LIFE starts at conception and THEN let each state handle and deal with that issue on a state by state basis. Being that RP has given birth as an OB Doctor, he understands LIFE. What other candidates have a plan to overturn Roe vs Wade? This SHOULD be a BIGGEE issue, but it's not discussed on Fox News.

Unknown.User
01-13-2012, 09:53 AM

xRedfoxx
01-13-2012, 10:11 AM
I am a Christain as well. Biggest thing I see in my circles is that folks are worried about us becoming the next Sodom & Gomorrah. They fail to understand that Ron Paul is for limited federal government, and take what they hear on the news as him being for no government period. They assume local government elimination is his plan as well. They have visions of nude bars on every street corner, no zoning, unedited language on every tv channel and radio station, etc. Many Christians in fact want their beliefs manadated onto others so that they don't even have to 'see' that behavior when they are out and about.

Captain Shays
01-14-2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QsGIGLbCI4&feature=related

GREAT video to spread around to Christians

Captain Shays
01-14-2012, 02:49 PM
hey, ya'll... after viewing that Rick Santorum video, Captain Shays is 100% right. even if RP doesn't get elected, we, as Christians need to stomp this idea of "american christian imperialism" into dust.

and i believe that we Christ followers should all stand in agreement on this: in the Name of Jesus Christ, I rebuke Rick Santorum and the evil spewing out of his mouth that reveals the wickedness that lies in his heart!!!

Jesus says in Matthew 15:18 & 19 that "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies."

I pray that we Christ followers would guard our own hearts from such evil, and that we would have righteous anger towards those who spew such filth in the name of the Lord, but that we would not let the root of bitterness take plant in our own hearts. That we, like our Creator, would be patient in affliction, but that we would have His boldness to proclaim a wrong for a wrong and that we would be ready in season to give reason for our belief. I pray that we Christ followers would hold each other accountable-- bearing each others burdens in love, exhorting, rebuking and encouraging to build each other up so that we can be wise bearers of the Gospel. Amen.

the days are evil indeed.

Thank you and spot on. To amplify it's so obvious to me that Christians are deceived to the point that we are doing the bidding of the evil one. We're being played by the globalist elites and being lead like we have hooks in our noses right into a one world government that is some day going to kill us en mass

flightlesskiwi
01-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Thank you and spot on. To amplify it's so obvious to me that Christians are deceived to the point that we are doing the bidding of the evil one. We're being played by the globalist elites and being lead like we have hooks in our noses right into a one world government that is some day going to kill us en mass

the american exceptionalism imperialistic christianity is very difficult to call out and denounce. it's been so programmed into so many professing christians and is further reinforced by the US government's military might and US fiat currency, credit-based, debt-driven economy that has led to a life of ultra comfort and zero persecution.

the people that refer to themselves as "watchers on the wall" are the ones supporting and encouraging the US interventionist policy. that interventionism has been a tool by which satan has/is using to lead the world into a consolidation of centralized power-- where nations are merely symbolic in nature and there is no sovereignty-- especially that of the individual-- and we WILL be persecuted.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6

crhoades
01-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Send this to every Christian you know
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/01/14/reagans-surgeon-general-c-everett-koop-on-ron-paul-and-abortion/

Sola_Fide
01-14-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/01/14/reagans-surgeon-general-c-everett-koop-on-ron-paul-and-abortion/

Awesome, thanks. There was a time when Koop's opinion held a lot of weight in Christian circles.

crhoades
01-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Awesome, thanks. There was a time when Koop's opinion held a lot of weight in Christian circles.
Yeah. I've also read his book with Schaeffer and seen the video series. http://www.amazon.com/Whatever-Happened-Human-Race-Revised/dp/0891072918/ref=sr_1_11?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326577018&sr=1-11

Sola_Fide
01-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah. I've also read his book with Schaeffer and seen the video series. http://www.amazon.com/Whatever-Happened-Human-Race-Revised/dp/0891072918/ref=sr_1_11?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326577018&sr=1-11

Yep, I've read it and I saw the film series. I'll tell you how I saw the film series and the How Shall We Then Live film series: on an old reel to reel in one of my college classes:). I studied under Dr. Glenn Martin at Indiana Wesleyan University when he was still alive. He was a Francis Schaeffer devotee.

dancjm
01-14-2012, 04:20 PM

Every Christian needs to hear this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ8avBNo6vk

Someone tweet it or sumthin!!

vechorik
01-14-2012, 04:23 PM
This should help tremendously:

Breaking news: "U.S. Warns Israel on Strike"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204409004577159202556087074.html?m od=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsTop

This is the perfect opportunity for Ron Paul to win the "I stand with Israel" contest. The US is telling Israel not to strike Iran. Ron Paul would not tell Israel what they can or cannot do, and would allow them to strike Iran if they felt it was necessary (just as he was the only person in Congress to defend their strike against Iraq several decades ago).

Ron Paul can is more pro-Israel and more pro-defense than the current US leadership and the current presidential candidates COMBINED.

-----

James 1:25

“Whoever looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues in it,

he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work,

this man shall be blessed in his deed.”

Captain Shays
01-14-2012, 09:03 PM
the american exceptionalism imperialistic christianity is very difficult to call out and denounce. it's been so programmed into so many professing christians and is further reinforced by the US government's military might and US fiat currency, credit-based, debt-driven economy that has led to a life of ultra comfort and zero persecution.

the people that refer to themselves as "watchers on the wall" are the ones supporting and encouraging the US interventionist policy. that interventionism has been a tool by which satan has/is using to lead the world into a consolidation of centralized power-- where nations are merely symbolic in nature and there is no sovereignty-- especially that of the individual-- and we WILL be persecuted.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6

You and me (and others) could go on for DAYS with this line. The whole war-bible-country-guns-killing-wave the flag sort of thing. That to the emergence of a one world government and Christians fighting, killing dying for UN causes. We could also include the Christian warrior song while fighting for freedom but not asking "what are my freedoms doing in Kuwait or Bosnia or Somalia or Tiawan"? You mentioned Satan. Who's foreign policy would he favor and who's foreign policy would Jesus favor? Maybe we can make wrist bands that say something like "who would Jesus kill"? Or, "I am pro life and pro war" or "abortions don't count when the mother is in some other country then it's collateral damage.
That all said, it's so ingrained in their thinking and I know because it was once ingrained in my thinking when I thought like that only God can take it away and open their eyes. I think He will eventually

Captain Shays
01-14-2012, 09:05 PM
This should help tremendously:

Breaking news: "U.S. Warns Israel on Strike"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204409004577159202556087074.html?m od=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsTop

This is the perfect opportunity for Ron Paul to win the "I stand with Israel" contest. The US is telling Israel not to strike Iran. Ron Paul would not tell Israel what they can or cannot do, and would allow them to strike Iran if they felt it was necessary (just as he was the only person in Congress to defend their strike against Iraq several decades ago).

Ron Paul can is more pro-Israel and more pro-defense than the current US leadership and the current presidential candidates COMBINED.

-----

James 1:25

“Whoever looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues in it,

he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work,

this man shall be blessed in his deed.”

Why should the US warn Israel to take out a threat that most of the brave leaders in this country are so concerned about? It's like saying Israel you don't have a right to defend yourselves you must wait for us to defend you instead. WWIII anyone?

flightlesskiwi
01-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Why should the US warn Israel to take out a threat that most of the brave leaders in this country are so concerned about? It's like saying Israel you don't have a right to defend yourselves you must wait for us to defend you instead. WWIII anyone?

tptb are setting this up to be a joint effort.

the US military and the dollar (and the people) are eventually going to be used up, tossed down and trampled on. after that, then will be the only chance i see of any eyes being opened, if it's not too late.

Captain Shays
01-15-2012, 12:16 PM
I think we should get very graphic with Christians. I would start out my flyer or video with the REAL history of our involvement in the Middle East.
We could go back as far as General Smedly Butler if we want with some of his prescient quotes.
Or, we could begin with the overthrow of Mosedec and then show how brutal the Shah was and how that fomented the Iranian Revolution. But we shouldn't leave out graphic images of the 100,000 people who died in chemical attacks by Saddam because some nut bag in our government sold that mad man those weapons. How would Christians feel if one of our enemies sold another whether a terrorist or another country chemical weapons and 100,000 Americans died like that with contorted faces of mothers clutching their babies as they died? How can ANY Christian support these interventions? We MUST reach them! We must make them aware! How.

Come one guys help me out here. This is urgent

Captain Shays
01-15-2012, 12:17 PM
tptb are setting this up to be a joint effort.

the US military and the dollar (and the people) are eventually going to be used up, tossed down and trampled on. after that, then will be the only chance i see of any eyes being opened, if it's not too late.

No doubt about it. Thank you for your insights

SaulPaulinsky
01-15-2012, 12:20 PM
The first post on this thread addresses how to tailor the Iran/Israel message to evangelicals, before being railroaded. Oh well, at least it increased the number of views the thread got. But I wouldn't suggest reading much past the first post because it gets deep into how to argue with people that what they've been taught in church is wrong -- not going to be effective in getting people to vote for Paul.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?351139-Tailoring-Iran-message-to-evangelicals

jmdrake
01-15-2012, 12:31 PM

Have them read Romans 1 and 2. Most Christians stop at part of Romans 1.

1:24 Therefore God gave them over 48 in the desires of their hearts to impurity, to dishonor 49 their bodies among themselves. 50 1:25 They 51 exchanged the truth of God for a lie 52 and worshiped and served the creation 53 rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

1:26 For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural sexual relations for unnatural ones, 54 1:27 and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women 55 and were inflamed in their passions 56 for one another. Men 57 committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1:28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, 58 God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. 59 1:29 They are filled 60 with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with 61 envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, 1:30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, 1:31 senseless, covenant-breakers, 62 heartless, ruthless. 1:32 Although they fully know 63 God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, 64 they not only do them but also approve of those who practice them. 65

But look at all the things besides homosexuality that is being condemned here. But here's what Romans 2 says:

2:1 Therefore 2 you are without excuse, 3 whoever you are, 4 when you judge someone else. 5 For on whatever grounds 6 you judge another, you condemn yourself, because you who judge practice the same things. 2:2 Now we know that God’s judgment is in accordance with truth 7 against those who practice such things. 2:3 And do you think, 8 whoever you are, when you judge 9 those who practice such things and yet do them yourself, 10 that you will escape God’s judgment? 2:4 Or do you have contempt for the wealth of his kindness, forbearance, and patience, and yet do not know 11 that God’s kindness leads you to repentance? 2:5 But because of your stubbornness 12 and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath for yourselves in the day of wrath, when God’s righteous judgment is revealed! 13 2:6 He 14 will reward 15 each one according to his works: 16

Christians who want to judge others including homosexuals are violating the word of God according to Romans 2.

That shows a lack of faith in Jesus.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Also realize that Iran was trying to be friends with us post 9/11. Please share this information with your family.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?308140-How-Ron-Paul-could-smack-down-Iran-critics&p=3458149&viewfull=1#post3458149

frodus24
01-15-2012, 12:41 PM
"On Iran and our worldwide empire, they are saying things out of fear and apparently are OK with all the spending to "keep us safe."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have asked numerous people who feel the same way and I ask them how are the taxpayers going to pay for it? America is broke!

coffeewithgames
01-15-2012, 01:21 PM
I just said, "As the government gets bigger, the church gets smaller."

sdsubball23
01-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Have them read Romans 1 and 2. Most Christians stop at part of Romans 1.

1:24 Therefore God gave them over 48 in the desires of their hearts to impurity, to dishonor 49 their bodies among themselves. 50 1:25 They 51 exchanged the truth of God for a lie 52 and worshiped and served the creation 53 rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

1:26 For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural sexual relations for unnatural ones, 54 1:27 and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women 55 and were inflamed in their passions 56 for one another. Men 57 committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1:28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, 58 God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. 59 1:29 They are filled 60 with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with 61 envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, 1:30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, 1:31 senseless, covenant-breakers, 62 heartless, ruthless. 1:32 Although they fully know 63 God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, 64 they not only do them but also approve of those who practice them. 65

But look at all the things besides homosexuality that is being condemned here. But here's what Romans 2 says:

2:1 Therefore 2 you are without excuse, 3 whoever you are, 4 when you judge someone else. 5 For on whatever grounds 6 you judge another, you condemn yourself, because you who judge practice the same things. 2:2 Now we know that God’s judgment is in accordance with truth 7 against those who practice such things. 2:3 And do you think, 8 whoever you are, when you judge 9 those who practice such things and yet do them yourself, 10 that you will escape God’s judgment? 2:4 Or do you have contempt for the wealth of his kindness, forbearance, and patience, and yet do not know 11 that God’s kindness leads you to repentance? 2:5 But because of your stubbornness 12 and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath for yourselves in the day of wrath, when God’s righteous judgment is revealed! 13 2:6 He 14 will reward 15 each one according to his works: 16

Christians who want to judge others including homosexuals are violating the word of God according to Romans 2.

That shows a lack of faith in Jesus.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Also realize that Iran was trying to be friends with us post 9/11. Please share this information with your family.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?308140-How-Ron-Paul-could-smack-down-Iran-critics&p=3458149&viewfull=1#post3458149

I believe Romans 2 is telling Christians.not to judge others with hypocrisy meaning if they are practicing the same things they are judging in others. I don't think there's anything wrong with judging others as long as its with good intentions.

Comrade
01-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Yes, I may be an atheist bordering on hippie beliefs, but imo I believe that Ron Paul is closer to what the founding Fathers and what your so-called 'God' had in mind.

Bonnieblue
01-15-2012, 01:42 PM
I am a Christian. I have supported Ron Paul before he became a candidate in 2007 looking to 2008. I know many Christians who are not supporting Ron Paul based on their perception of his position on gay marriage, on abortion, on Israel and on the wars of the empire as well as the empire itself; however, there are no few of us who do support Dr. Paul based on the evil of a debased currency and based on the evil of wars waged well outside the Christian Just War Doctrine, wars which have brought suffering to fellow Christians in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Tunisia, in Egypt, in Kosovo, and likely in Syria and in Iran.

Although gay marriage is an anathema and abortion is an abomination, I understand Dr. Paul's position and actually support that position that such is not in the purview of the general government but is, constitutionally, a matter for the people of individual states.

Captain Shays
01-15-2012, 04:28 PM
I am a Christian. I have supported Ron Paul before he became a candidate in 2007 looking to 2008. I know many Christians who are not supporting Ron Paul based on their perception of his position on gay marriage, on abortion, on Israel and on the wars of the empire as well as the empire itself; however, there are no few of us who do support Dr. Paul based on the evil of a debased currency and based on the evil of wars waged well outside the Christian Just War Doctrine, wars which have brought suffering to fellow Christians in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Tunisia, in Egypt, in Kosovo, and likely in Syria and in Iran.

Although gay marriage is an anathema and abortion is an abomination, I understand Dr. Paul's position and actually support that position that such is not in the purview of the general government but is, constitutionally, a matter for the people of individual states.
Very well stated Bonnie

Theocrat
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM
The following is the beginning of a series of videos created by my dear friend Adam discussing why Christians should support Ron Paul, specifically because Ron Paul's platform is supported by the Scriptures:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tYk5mEli68

flightlesskiwi
01-17-2012, 09:25 AM
dedicated to those in the crowd who booed Ron's reference to Matthew 7:12...

Jesus counsels his followers in John 15:18-25:

18“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23Whoever hates me hates my Father also. 24If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. 25But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: ‘They hated me without a cause.'

also refer to Jeremiah 23 (especially v. 16 & 17). this mentality isn't new.

eloquensanity
01-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Are Christians even aware that 90% of the "Jews" in the world today are not even descended from Abraham, but instead are descendants of the Khazar kingdom that converted to Judaism during the Middle Ages?

Jesus Christs words to the 2 churches that he found no fault with, They know the truth. The other churches were all lacking in one way or another.

Revelation 2

8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 3

7And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

11Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Jesus explaining the parable of the tares to his disciples

Matthew 13

35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

The tares are in government, education, finance and also the church and this is why they attack a righteous man.
If Jesus Christ and the antichrist were running for president most Christians would support the antichrist because they would believe his lies, and would call Jesus Christ "dangerous" because of the Golden Rule, and the fact that he forgives sin.