PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul asks for your help in Illinois! Will you step up?

Trassin
11-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I just received this in my e-mail account.

November 9, 2007

Our campaign has had an exciting week with our record shattering fundraising day on Monday, November 5th, and the opening of the Arlington Heights campaign office just two days later. I would like to thank you for all that you have done towards each of those events being so successful.

I now need you to take our campaign for liberty to the streets across Illinois. We need to quickly secure petition signatures statewide so I may be placed on the Illinois Republican Primary ballot. We have only two weeks to complete this task and I desperately need your help. I must get a certain number of signatures on my behalf and I also need those Delegates who have pledged to vote for me at the 2008 Republican National Convention to have signatures gathered on their behalves, as well.

Some of you have put in a tremendous amount of work on this effort already and I thank you for that. If you haven't yet begun to help with this crucial effort but are willing, please contact Jason [last name removed] who is coordinating these efforts in Illinois to see exactly how and where you can help. Jason can be reached at [removed] or [removed]. We need as many signatures gathered as possible by Thanksgiving to insure we will avoid any opponent challenges to our being on the Illinois ballot.

Our campaign is working hard to win in Illinois and we thank you for all of your support. Please contact Jason for petition forms that you may circulate among your friends, family and neighbors in the next ten days. This work is critical to our effort to secure the Republican Nomination.

Sincerely,

Ron Paul

You're local meetup group organizer should be able to put you in contact with Jason. If not, then send me a pm and I will get you the needed information.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Why wouldn't GOP candidates have automatic access?

conner_condor
11-09-2007, 06:35 PM
I say they should hand out DVDs of RP also when going door to door. This will help spread the message. Also hit the lower class people. The poor neighborhoods. These people will diffently sign these without a doubt. They are hungry for a better life and will support RP. I know this for a fact. Poor people are hungry for a change and blame the govt. for their life.

Trassin
11-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Why wouldn't GOP candidates have automatic access?

It's the way the Illinois system works. All candidates are required to get a certain number of signatures. That's the easy part.

The real difficulty comes with the candidate's delegates. In Illinois you vote for both the candidate and his delegates that represent your congressional district. The delegates have petitions that must be circulated in their congressional district and the signature demands are very high in the large districts.

For example, in my district, the 19th, we need 1800 and have a goal of 2700 (in case of legal challenge). At the moment Jason has 351 in hand and another 251 are suppose to be on the way to him. So of 2700 signatures needed we currently have 602! All signatures need to be to Jason by the Tuesday after Thanksgiving at the very latest!

In other words... we need help!

Trassin
11-09-2007, 06:46 PM
I say they should hand out DVDs of RP also when going door to door. This will help spread the message. Also hit the lower class people. The poor neighborhoods. These people will diffently sign these without a doubt. They are hungry for a better life and will support RP. I know this for a fact. Poor people are hungry for a change and blame the govt. for their life.

While I don't want to get into the debate about this, for those of you interested in helping out I have the notes from a Illinois state wide conference call with a professional petitioner that I can forward to you. PM me if you would like to see it.

Trassin
11-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Bump! Everyone please read the message from Ron Paul in the first post of this thread.

tsetsefly
11-09-2007, 07:39 PM
bump!

Trassin
11-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Please ensure the message at the top is forwarded to all meetups in the states surrounding Illinois.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-09-2007, 08:07 PM
It's the way the Illinois system works. All candidates are required to get a certain number of signatures. That's the easy part.

The real difficulty comes with the candidate's delegates. In Illinois you vote for both the candidate and his delegates that represent your congressional district. The delegates have petitions that must be circulated in their congressional district and the signature demands are very high in the large districts.

For example, in my district, the 19th, we need 1800 and have a goal of 2700 (in case of legal challenge). At the moment Jason has 351 in hand and another 251 are suppose to be on the way to him. So of 2700 signatures needed we currently have 602! All signatures need to be to Jason by the Tuesday after Thanksgiving at the very latest!

Contact Illinois meet up groups and continue to bump this thread. I think something like this deserves a sticky

Menthol Patch
11-09-2007, 08:07 PM
We need to keep this thread bumped up!

Who would be willing to travel to Illinois and help with this project?

billjarrett
11-09-2007, 08:12 PM
I should be at Arlington Heights tomorrow. I have some family obligations early in the morning, so I'll be running a little late, but I've been told thats ok. Anyone else?

Trassin
11-09-2007, 08:22 PM
For those of you in states around Illinois, if you check with the Illinois Meetup groups near you I'm sure that you will fine they all have events going on this weekend aimed at getting more signatures. Please do your best to get out to these events and help support their efforts.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Well how about some straight talk?

lol

*bump*

billjarrett
11-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Bump. Any chance we could get this stickied through the weekend? We really need some help out here with the petitions.

walt
11-09-2007, 09:32 PM

This is a map of this district...the Saint Louis meetup group should spend a day helping in this district.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/findyourreps.xpd?state=IL&district=19

Trassin
11-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Also, the 12th district could use some help and is directly across the river from St. Louis.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/findyourreps.xpd?state=IL&district=12

walt
11-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Also, the 12th district could use some help and is directly across the river from St. Louis.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/findyourreps.xpd?state=IL&district=12

Nice site, where'd ya get that? ;)

billjarrett
11-09-2007, 10:04 PM
bump

walt
11-09-2007, 11:13 PM
bump

me3
11-09-2007, 11:45 PM
bump

Santana28
11-10-2007, 12:17 AM
i'll be at the HQ tomorrow morning, and hopefully petitioning ALL WEEKEND in the 8th district.

Who's with me?

RonPaulFever
11-10-2007, 01:51 AM
I'm a co-organizer of the Carbondale group (12th district) and we've sent out emails to our 80+ members asking for help, but the responses have been few and far between thus far. The handful of us that have been actively gathering signatures only have about 200 between us and time is running short. :(

RonPaulIsGreat
11-10-2007, 02:32 AM
New to using these forums... so, if I'm posting wrong or something please tell me.

I'm in Centralia, IL, that is in the 9th district. I can help collect signatures. Do, I need a particular form, or what? Can it be anyones signature? I'm sure I can get quite a few, towards whatever total is required. I used to do door to door sales, so, I'm not scared of cold calling for names, that's nothing, compared to sales.

Anyway, if anyone has that info, or the legal standards the names must adhere to I'd appreciate it, and where to send the list to once collected.

Trassin
11-10-2007, 04:56 AM
New to using these forums... so, if I'm posting wrong or something please tell me.

I'm in Centralia, IL, that is in the 9th district. I can help collect signatures. Do, I need a particular form, or what? Can it be anyones signature? I'm sure I can get quite a few, towards whatever total is required. I used to do door to door sales, so, I'm not scared of cold calling for names, that's nothing, compared to sales.

Anyway, if anyone has that info, or the legal standards the names must adhere to I'd appreciate it, and where to send the list to once collected.

I think you meant to put the "19th district".

Send me a PM with your Name and e-mail, RonPaulIsGreat, and I'll forward you the needed information and forms.

Delivered4000
11-10-2007, 09:08 AM
This is important

Trassin
11-10-2007, 09:25 AM
This is important

haha, yeah, a bit.

TheEvilDetector
11-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Illinois Meetups

94 The Greater Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Chicago 818)
185 W/NW Chicago Suburbs Ron Paul 08 Meetup (Schaumburg 158)
305 The Champaign, IL Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Champaign 94)
546 The Carbondale Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Carbondale 84)
312 The North Shore Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Evanston 84)
277 Downers Grove,Woodridge, Lisle for Ron in 08 (Woodridge 82)
230 The Aurora Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Aurora 72)
521 The Belleville Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Belleville 72)
350 Rockford/DeKalb Area Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Rockford 70)
269 The Bloomington/Normal Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Normal 70)
285 The Fox Valley Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Dundee 67)
528 The Springfield, IL Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Springfield 65)
177 The Peoria Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Peoria 58)
450 The Orland Park Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Orland Park 49)
461 The Joliet Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Joliet 48)
607 Northern Lake County Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Zion 41)
938 Chicago Polonia for Ron Paul (Bridgeview 37)
401 RP2008 Greater Aurora-Naperville Organizers Meetup Grp (Aurora 36)
818 The Carol Stream Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Carol Stream 36)
924 The Chain-of-Lakes Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (McHenry 36)
205 The Chester Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Chester 32)
993 The Edwardsville Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Edwardsville 23)
936 The Southern Illinois Ron Paul Revolution Solution Grp (Carbondale 19)
1111 The Berwyn/Cicero/Brookfield Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Berwyn 18)
1043 The Decatur Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Decatur 17)
587 The Pekin IL Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Pekin 15)
1011 The Crete/Beecher IL Freedom Fighters for Ron Paul 2008 (Beecher 13)
798 The I-70 Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Greenville 13)
1013 The Friendly City Ron Paul 08' Meetup (Ottawa 12)
830 The Cisne Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Cisne 11)
1197 The Wheeling Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Wheeling 9)
1129 The Charleston/Mattoon Ron Paul Meetup Grp (Charleston 7)
1249 The Quincy Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (Quincy 7)
1227 The South Elgin Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Grp (South Elgin 6)

34 Groups 2279 Members

Wyurm
11-10-2007, 11:28 AM
I went door to door this morning with one of the walking lists. Its incredibly easy, alot easier than standing outside the store was. I suggest people ask Jason for a walking list ASAP, you collect more signatures that way and even though it might seem intimidating, its really not that bad at all once you get started. Just be respectful, they don't have to sign if they don't want to.

I was able to get 11 signatures in an hour and had 4 people who did not want to sign. Most of the no-signs seemed like they wouldn't sign anything which I myself can relate to since before Dr. Paul, I didn't like putting my name to anything either.

expatinireland
11-10-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm a co-organizer of the Carbondale group (12th district) and we've sent out emails to our 80+ members asking for help, but the responses have been few and far between thus far. The handful of us that have been actively gathering signatures only have about 200 between us and time is running short. :(

I worked for Perot in Florida in his Presidential bid and petition signatures was part of that campaign. I found it rather easy. Almost everyone I asked signed.

I also ran as a write in for the Carbondale Council back in the 70's. Ended up with 23% of the vote after a brief campaign where we registered hundreds of students to vote. I ran with 2 other students and we only had a handful helping us.

Have you called a public meeting on campus? Some of your meetup group might just be shy so if you call a public meeting placing posters all over town and campus those that show up might be more devoted, outgoing proactive followers. Given the Good Doctors positions and recent publicity I don't see how you couldn't help but get a good turnout.

Thinking ahead, when you get signatures you can also do voter registration and keep a list of names and telephone numbers/email addresses of Paul positives so people can be contacted just before primary day.

This is the only time in 10 years that I wish I was back in the States - sure would be fun to help on the ground.

Good Luck
All the Best

Trassin
11-10-2007, 01:17 PM
I went door to door this morning with one of the walking lists. Its incredibly easy, alot easier than standing outside the store was. I suggest people ask Jason for a walking list ASAP, you collect more signatures that way and even though it might seem intimidating, its really not that bad at all once you get started. Just be respectful, they don't have to sign if they don't want to.

I was able to get 11 signatures in an hour and had 4 people who did not want to sign. Most of the no-signs seemed like they wouldn't sign anything which I myself can relate to since before Dr. Paul, I didn't like putting my name to anything either.

I got the walking list for my local precinct from Jason. The funny thing was, by the time I got it I had alread covered my entire precinct and then some.

Going Door-to-Door is certainly easy, sepecially after you have done it a couple of times. I find that I average between 10-12 signatures per hour.

walt
11-10-2007, 07:21 PM
for the downstate folks, find churches on a Sunday morning 30 minutes before worship time - stand outside...

Anyone near the 5th district please join us Monday 6AM at the Belmont Red Line L stop.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/94/calendar/6717671/

walt
11-11-2007, 09:26 AM
http://www.elections.il.gov/Downloads/ElectionInformation/PDF/PresDel2008.pdf

RonPaulIsGreat
11-11-2007, 06:19 PM
I think you meant to put the "19th district".

Send me a PM with your Name and e-mail, RonPaulIsGreat, and I'll forward you the needed information and forms.

Just to let you know I got the forms and whatnot, my friend had already gotten them, and I didn't know. So, I ended up not needing to contact the e-mail you provided at this time. Figured I'd say something, so no one thinks I was a hit and run. I figure just from family, friends and loose acquaintances, should be able to get near a 100. And if required can cold call the more.

Thanks.

schmeisser
11-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Does anyone here happen to know the delegate petition status by district? Is there anywhere to see exactly what areas need help?

weatherbill
11-11-2007, 08:13 PM
again, Ron Paul campeign should throw a little money at this. it would not take alot to secure the deligates.........How is it that the campeign would even wait this long to take care of this???? They
ve had plenty of money to secure these things....... this is a case of bad campeign management. Someone dropped the ball....this should have been taken care of weeks ago.

Bruehound
11-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Creating a sense of urgency is simply a call to action and not a sign of incompetence.

I remain confident but our effort must be relentless until complete.

surf
11-11-2007, 09:42 PM
i'm looking for a good way to notify a couple friends i have in the Chicago area. Does someone have a link i can forward? these are not meetup members, so i'd like to make this as easy and simple as possible for them to help if i can talk them into it.

walt
11-12-2007, 06:51 AM
I'm on a leave regarding this issue until further notice.

billjarrett
11-12-2007, 10:13 AM
i'm looking for a good way to notify a couple friends i have in the Chicago area. Does someone have a link i can forward? these are not meetup members, so i'd like to make this as easy and simple as possible for them to help if i can talk them into it.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/94/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3796881

Don't have to be a member to view the messages there.

Thunderbolt
11-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Creating a sense of urgency is simply a call to action and not a sign of incompetence.

I remain confident but our effort must be relentless until complete.

Having a sense of urgency is a sign of incompetence. People who take care of things in plenty of time are relaxed, organized and mature.

Roxi
11-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Having a sense of urgency is a sign of incompetence. People who take care of things in plenty of time are relaxed, organized and mature.

LOL thats a great motto, but unfortunately some people have deadlines, extra curricular activities, etc... my 5 year old doesn't do relaxed or organized very well :p

walt
11-12-2007, 11:19 PM
It appears that some person running the Chicago Meetup Group has removed my meetup event posting privileges due to my willingness to be a patriot and tell the truth to the main campaign.

bbachtung
11-12-2007, 11:32 PM
walt, I don't fully understand your signature; when you say "individual candidate forms" do you mean those for people trying to become named delegates? That is as opposed to the general primary ballot access petitions?

walt
11-12-2007, 11:46 PM
walt, I don't fully understand your signature; when you say "individual candidate forms" do you mean those for people trying to become named delegates? That is as opposed to the general primary ballot access petitions?

yes, I know it sounds insane, but yes that is what I'm saying.

chestertime
11-13-2007, 12:09 AM
why is this state the priority freak out state? is the Il petition organizer not doing his job? cmon! i've talked to people in this state weeks ago and they were more worried about party affiliation for primaries in other states than collecting signatures in IL. who dropped the ball?

newmedia4ron
11-14-2007, 09:49 PM

stewie3128
11-15-2007, 03:09 AM
why is this state the priority freak out state? is the Il petition organizer not doing his job? cmon! i've talked to people in this state weeks ago and they were more worried about party affiliation for primaries in other states than collecting signatures in IL. who dropped the ball?

It doesn't matter who or whom dropped the ball, or if a ball was even dropped. We're the most positive campaign around, and we need to stay that way. Do not start getting negative and pointing fingers, everyone of us and everyone on the campaign wants to get RP into the white house, so let's focus on that.

Just help out IL any way you can, and make sure that the rest of the states are ready with delegates too.

newmedia4ron
11-15-2007, 04:01 AM

bmcosti
11-15-2007, 08:47 AM
We now have enough Ron Paul signatures to get him on the ballot. But we are still in desparate need of signatures in each congressional district for delegate signatures. We had a very good weekend, and need another big weekend. We are looking to get 1.5 of the requirement in each congressional district.

No delegates no Ron Paul votes at the Rep Convention.

me3
11-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Bump (read post above mine).

Thanks bmcosti and walt. You guys are heroes of the Revolution.

falfreak
11-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I have been working mount vernon and fairflield with so few sigs that I wont even say how many I got :(

what kind of luck are you guys having??

once he is secured in this I am re-directing my energy towards flyer bombing ;)

lbadragan
11-16-2007, 07:39 PM
What's the status on the 14th district?

Bruehound
11-16-2007, 07:52 PM
The 14th isn't complete until such time as it is. That is the Yogi Berra answer for you.:D

lbadragan
11-16-2007, 09:07 PM
The 14th isn't complete until such time as it is. That is the Yogi Berra answer for you.:D I would HATE to go door to door for signatures and would consider doing so only if the situation is desperate. So to anybody who knows how we're doing in the 14th, please let me know. When is the deadline? How many signatures do we need and how many do we have? Do we think we're going to make it?

ChicagoLawyer
11-16-2007, 09:24 PM
I would HATE to go door to door for signatures and would consider doing so only if the situation is desperate. So to anybody who knows how we're doing in the 14th, please let me know. When is the deadline? How many signatures do we need and how many do we have? Do we think we're going to make it?

The situation is desperate until we know it isn't in just about every district. Only a handful of the Chicago urban districts will have the wanted statutory minimum number of signatures x2 after this weekend. Therefore, PLEASE get out there and help with the effort! You don't have to go door to door, stand outside a grocery store, or on a busy street corner. If you are going to help Ron Paul in this election, this is the way and time to do it! It won't be much fun campaigning for Ron Paul in the 14th District in two months if he's not eligible to get any delegates.

tamor
11-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Official Messages from Jason Lead [-]

(11/16/07 16:21:55)
Reply Quote MoreMy Recent Posts Message Me Connection Blocking Invite Ignore User's Posts Tags : None
This was sent to me by the national campaign's official Illinois delegate coordinator.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron Paul Supporters,

Ron Paul Supporters,

The filing deadline for the Ron Paul Illinois Petition Drive is fast approaching. We have this and next weekend to push forward and to meet and exceed signature requirements throughout the state.

I would like to thank everyone who has obtained signatures for Ron Paul and his dedicated delegates.

We have nearly 5,000 Ron Paul statewide petition signatures which is the maximum. PEOPLE SHOULD STOP CIRCULATING THE STATEWIDE PETITIONS AT THIS TIME. You may mail in your completed petitions and we will add them up to meet our maximum.

As far as the delegate slates are concerned, we still have work to do and we have two weekends (possibly three depending on the signatures obtained during the next two weeks.

All sheets obtained through this weekend should be notarized and mailed before Thanksgiving Day. All signatures obtained during Thanksgiving Day weekend should be notarized and mailed early the following week. Regular postage is fine but individuals or groups sending in over 100 should try to send 2nd day w/ tracking if possible.

If you are a new volunteer and have just started but have questions, please email me at ilpetitions@gmail.com and I will be happy to assist you. Good locations for the next two weekends include Churches, High School Football Games, Shopping Malls, Aldi & KMart Stores and American Legion Halls.

Thank you for volunteering on behalf of Ron Paul in Illinois. Ron Paul cannot win without the efforts of so many great volunteers.

Jason Acebal

Bruehound
11-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Going door to door is what wins political campaigns whether it is for the purpose of petitioning or canvassing. If you are shy, get over it. Please do not expect the campaign to post exact numbers about the petition drive in public message boards.

Please take the time to go get signatures this weekend.

walt
11-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Going door to door is what wins political campaigns whether it is for the purpose of petitioning or canvassing. If you are shy, get over it. Please do not expect the campaign to post exact numbers about the petition drive in public message boards.

Please take the time to go get signatures this weekend.

You're right about that. I do expect transparency in private email communications. So far that has been non-existent. You can't succeed without a process.

Avalon
11-17-2007, 12:41 PM
You're right about that. I do expect transparency in private email communications. So far that has been non-existent. You can't succeed without a process. Alright Walt, we get the picture. Now let's try to focus on getting signatures instead of complaining.

PathIveMade
11-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Any one know where IL stands on delegates now? Just curious.

tamor
11-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Subject: [ronpaul-521] Summary of IL organizer's state wide conference call for 11/20/07
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:01:54 -0500 (EST)
It was a relatively short conference call.

The main topic for the night was, of course, our delegate signatures. Several districts have reached their goal of 200%. Most of the rest have made it at least to the minimum. However, there are still a couple which still need quite a few more signatures. These are; the 12th (Belleville group), 17th, 18th, and 19th (Edwardsville group). The campaign will be sending professional help for these districts but even with that we still need everyone to get every signature they possibly can to reach the goal of 200%.

Jason must have all signatures in his hand by the 3rd of December. Anything arriving after that will be to late.

The only other thing discussed is that Ron Paul will be in the lottery to be first on the ballot, however his delegates will not. This was not Jason's decision but came down from the lawyers handling the legal side of the petitions so please don't send Jason any complaints or comments about it.

For those of you in the 12th and 19th districts please do your best to get out and collect signatures this Friday, for the Black Friday events, and again over the weekend. If you aren't comfortable going to get signatures by yourself get in touch with me and I should be able to help you get in touch with someone else who will be out collecting signatures.

Sincerely,

John Hoover
Edwardsville, IL
Hooverjd@gmail.com

all J's in IL for RP
11-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Once again, what districts are DONE? I already wasted a couple days getting signatures from areas that had already reached the goal. I hope the message is getting out to those people in completed CDs that nearby districts need their help.

Bruehound
11-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Please do not feel your work was wasted as there is really no such thing as "done". Exceeding our goal is extra protection should we receive challenges.

Have you emailed Jason at ilpetitions@gmail.co m yet? He can direct you to areas near you that need help. (Not something that should be posted on a public board)

newmedia4ron
11-22-2007, 05:54 AM
^^^

RonPaulFever
11-26-2007, 02:33 AM
12th district should be close to finished. I think we've gathered around 1,000 signatures in the Carbondale area alone.

Bruehound
12-06-2007, 12:51 PM
RON PAUL CAMPAIGN FILES

MORE THAN 24,500 DELEGATE PETITION SIGNATURES

FOR THE ILLINOIS REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 5, 2007

CHICAGO - The Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee filed more than 24,500 delegate petition signatures in Springfield Tuesday to secure positioning on Illinois ' February 5 Republican primary election ballot. Signatures submitted on behalf of the slate, which includes representatives of all 19 Illinois congressional districts, amount to more than twice the minimum required statewide.

Tuesday's action follows the campaign's filing last Wednesday of 5,000 candidate signatures to place Ron Paul himself on the ballot. For successfully meeting the early deadline, the Ron Paul campaign is eligible to participate in a lottery with three others for top ballot position.

"Filing signatures in these numbers is yet another strong indicator of the level of enthusiasm Republican primary voters across Illinois have for Dr. Paul and his candidacy," remarked Joe Cesarone, Illinois Campaign Coordinator for Ron Paul 2008.

"Dr. Paul's message of freedom, peace and prosperity is rapidly spreading in Illinois and throughout the country; we fully expect a strong showing on February 5."

Fifty-seven of Illinois' 70 delegates to the Republican National Convention will be directly elected in the Illinois ' "Super Tuesday" primary.

Ron Paul, a 10-term congressman from Texas, is running on a platform of limited government and individual liberty. In August, he captured nearly 19 percent of the vote at the first-ever Illinois Republican Straw Poll held at the state fair in Springfield. Last month, Dr. Paul was one of the first candidates to open a campaign office in Illinois , in northwest suburban Arlington Heights.

###

tamor
12-06-2007, 02:13 PM
My son will be voting for the first time in Chicago in February. Can a registered voter vote at any city polling place, or is he assigned to a polling place like in southern Illinois. My son works in the CNA building downtown, and he lives at 3950 N. Lake Shore Dr. Please help me know what to tell him.

Bruehound
12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
My son will be voting for the first time in Chicago in February. Can a registered voter vote at any city polling place, or is he assigned to a polling place like in southern Illinois. My son works in the CNA building downtown, and he lives at 3950 N. Lake Shore Dr. Please help me know what to tell him.

He should input his address into voter info net run by Cook County Clerk
http://www.voterinfonet.com

This will give him the information as to where his polling place will be.