PDA

View Full Version : HUNTSMAN Slamming Ron Paul on Iran now CNN.

BUSHLIED
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
title says it 4:32pm est

Huntsman says all options on the table for Iran. Calls Ron fringe. Showed Ron from his speech today.

bluesc
01-06-2012, 03:33 PM
//

ronpaul1
We should be careful here. Mitt is who we need to beat. Huntsman could be just trying to put us on the defensive....diversion...tactical bait

Brett85
He'll be out of the race in four days anyway.

bluesc
01-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Wait, what? Huntsman? On CNN? What the hell is he thinking?

This kind of talk will kill his independent support. If he's trying to take from Ron, he's failing.

VictorB
01-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Wait...I thought Huntsman was anti-war? Man, that tweet really pissed him off. I can't wait until NH is over. Get that clown out of here.

affa
01-06-2012, 03:35 PM
huntsman is going to surge, i've been saying this for months. be prepared for it.

braane
01-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Huntsman must not have gotten the memo about young voters and anti-war. Huntsman should be careful not to scare away his 1 supporter in Linn County, Iowa :).

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
They're going to surge each candidate that we haven't taken down yet completely. They're trying to go after our resources so we can't win. That's their game plan, I promise you. They're going to make it as expensive for us as possible.

ronpaul1
01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
huntsman is going to surge, i've been saying this for months. be prepared for it.

I agree with you. I think it was going to be huntsman all along

UK4Paul
01-06-2012, 03:38 PM
These surges are like a gigantic national game of Whack-A-Mole played by the media.

BUSHLIED
01-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Think about it. Huntsman has been way down in the polls yet he is making his last stand acting and waiting for a miracle. Just like Santorum was....it's like they know something that we don't you know....

VictorB
01-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Only thing that is different between a Huntsman surge vs Santorum surge is that there are debates before the NH primary. We didn't get a chance to take on Santorum. Huntsman will get his tomorrow.

kahless
Hardly ever registering in the polls nor straw polls, it is amazing how Huntsman has stuck around for so long. Even Bachmann whom exceeded Huntsman's efforts yet had to drop out. This is guy is being funded by the establishment probably as a tool to bash other candidates to boost Romney.

I wonder what Huntsman is going to get out of it, a cabinet position or payback for his next campaign.

Southron
Huntsman is the biggest globalist in the race. I have never liked him.

Butchie
01-06-2012, 03:43 PM

I agree, seems even alot of Paul supporters aren't seeing these patterns, frothy was a one hit wonder in Iowa, Huntsman is their man for NH, I've been seeing more and more of JH lately, just like Santorum, Newt before him, Cain, Perry, Bachmann...

Kluge
01-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Forget "surges." Romney had and has consistent support nationwide. It's cute that Hunstman may get a few days in the spotlight, but there's no reason to waste resources fighting someone who's going to drop out by the time of the RNC.

If there's a media conspiracy to prevent a Ron Paul election, it's by having us focus down the flavor of the week instead of the man who'll be picking up a significant chunk of delegates at every primary/caucus, winning the contest.

blazeKing
01-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Each attack proves RP is electable

thoughtomator
01-06-2012, 03:51 PM
If Huntsman "surges" it will be a Perry/Cain/Bachmann/Gingrich-like flame-out. Huntsman is a mainstream Democrat registered as a Republican.

These aren't the Bush years... China is no longer perceived as friend and someone friendly to China is not going to get any sustainable support.

RonPaul101.com
01-06-2012, 03:52 PM
GOP'ers alreayd dislike Huntsman so this Chicken-Hawk position will only ruin him in NH. The establishment must be lining Huntsman up as Ron Paul cannon fodder just like they did with the Santorum/Iowa distraction.

I say ignore it and go after Romney. If we battle all these also-rans and waste time and money doing so, Romney will have an insurmountable lead by the time the bums all drop out; its what they want us to do. So take on Romney and if Huntsman breaks out to be consistantly higher than romney, then and only then should we consider changing that strategy. Trust me, we'd be lucky to have Santorum or Huntsman as THE lead guys in the GOP, so ignore them and maybe we'll get our wish.

thoughtomator
01-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Romney had and has consistent support nationwide.

yes, but it's almost exclusively "electability" factor

he has no real support and enormous negatives

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-06-2012, 03:58 PM
I just finished watching it. Blitz could've corrected him. Huntsman called Paul an Isolationist before he called him a candidate on the fringe. It would pay if we keep putting it out there that it's RP who wants to open up trade with Cuba, and drop sanctions on other countries so we can have friendlier relationships with the rest of the globe. The truth is that RP is the least isolationist of the bunch.

I am thinking of making new brochures for my area. I think I might make a bullet point about RP wanting to overturn current isolationist policies starting with openning trade with Cuba. That will help him a lot here in Florida anyway.

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2012, 03:58 PM
NONE, of the fasco-corporate Main Stream Media covered Ron Paul's big rally in New Hampshire.

They seem to have plenty of time to talk about Huntsman, Grinch, Mongoloid Mitt, and Sanatarium with video clips.

Now where's that Linda de Rothchilds info again?

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I just finished watching it. Blitz could've corrected him. Huntsman called Paul an Isolationist before he called him a candidate on the fringe. It would pay if we keep putting it out there that it's RP who wants to open up trade with Cuba, and drop sanctions on other countries so we can have friendlier relationships with the rest of the globe. The truth is that RP is the least isolationist of the bunch.

I am thinking of making new brochures for my area. I think I might make a bullet point about RP wanting to overturn current isolationist policies starting with openning trade with Cuba. That will help him a lot here in Florida anyway.Kewl and Welcome~!

unknown
01-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Makes him look like even more of a scum since RP complimented him on Leno.

Lord Xar
01-06-2012, 04:01 PM
NONE, of the fasco-corporate Main Stream Media covered Ron Paul's big rally in New Hampshire.

They seem to have plenty of time to talk about Huntsman, Grinch, Mongoloid Mitt, and Sanatarium with video clips.

Now where's that Linda de Rothchilds info again?

Hopefully the local news did.

unknown
01-06-2012, 04:03 PM

I am thinking of making new brochures for my area. I think I might make a bullet point about RP wanting to overturn current isolationist policies starting with openning trade with Cuba. That will help him a lot here in Florida anyway.

Do you think opening relations with Cuba would be something popular among the Floridians?

Erazmus
01-06-2012, 04:03 PM
All Huntsman is doing is giving Ron Paul ammunition for a Huntsman Hypocrisy ad in the future.

LiveForHonortune
01-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Do you think opening relations with Cuba would be something popular among the Floridians?

It will among the Cuban-Americans and let's a TON down there.

Kevin Smyth
01-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Huntsman comes off as effeminate, I can't see too many people voting for him.

FreeTraveler
01-06-2012, 04:09 PM

ATTENTION OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN!

There's how you win Florida. Grab the southeast of the state with pro-trade with Cuba ads.

Havax
01-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Huntsman comes off as effeminate, I can't see too many people voting for him.

People say this about both Ron and Gary Johnson the way they wave their arms.

specsaregood
01-06-2012, 04:12 PM
./

freneticentropy
01-06-2012, 04:13 PM

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. From what I understand, Cubans in Florida are among the only hispanic populations that tilt Republican, and it's precisely because of Republican sanctions on Cuba. They HATE Castro and the Cuban regime. Remember how much heat Clinton took from Cubans in Florida over the Elian Gonzalaz thing?

Echoes
01-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Huntsman'll be on on the golfcourse after Tuesday, alongside Michelle.

steph3n
01-06-2012, 04:15 PM

Sadly, I know first hand among the GOP voting Cubans, it is a point of hate of RP due to it!

However, many of those under 40 love Ron, and like the ideas of reversing the proven FAILURE of policy.

Okaloosa
01-06-2012, 04:15 PM
ATTENTION OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN!

There's how you win Florida. Grab the southeast of the state with pro-trade with Cuba ads.

You're doing a diservice to those that actually have good ideas.

steph3n
01-06-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm pretty sure this is wrong. From what I understand, Cubans in Florida are among the only hispanic populations that tilt Republican, and it's precisely because of Republican sanctions on Cuba. They HATE Castro and the Cuban regime. Remember how much heat Clinton took from Cubans in Florida over the Elian Gonzalaz thing?

you are, correct :(

Philadelphia76
01-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Huntsman'll be on on the golfcourse after Tuesday, alongside Michelle.

Tend to agree. Huntsman's got the media on his side- which certainly helps- but unlike Santorum has virtually no "ready-made" constituency to "surge" off of. Heard a great interview about that point on POTUS radio today from a fairly independend NH-based reporter. Huntsman completely F'd up and misbranded himself by going for a rather non-existent "moderate" "adult in the room" "Yankee" Republican campaign style (all those folks are with Romney anyway) rather than emphasizing his "conservative" (relatively speaking of course) tenure as a "Western" Governor out in Utah. Had he emphasized the latter all along- he might have experienced a surge when Perry fell apart. Too late now IMHO- as much as the media wants it.

FWIW: the same NH reporter said that many of the folks close to the Hunstman campaign have conceded as much (off the record) and fully expect to be winding down the campaign sometime next week. Very similar to the final days of the Bachman campaign it sounds like. If Dr. Paul's campaign is smart- they won't give this sinking ship any more life by punching down...

Anyway, Santorum (and to a lesser extent Perry and Gingrich in SC) will still be the instrument(s) of choice for the establishment IMHO...

FreeTraveler
01-06-2012, 04:53 PM
You're doing a diservice to those that actually have good ideas.
Damn. It made sense at the time. There are so many there who have relatives in Cuba, I thought they would support the idea of being able to freely visit.

socal
01-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Why are Americans falling for this whole IRAQN is a threat fear mongering again ?

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-06-2012, 05:25 PM
First , let me provide another perspective on what the majority of American Cubans want. There are many more links suggesting a turn of the tide on this.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1934416,00.html

Last year, a majority of Miami Cuban Americans said they favored dumping tight regulations on Cuban-American travel to Cuba — something candidate Barack Obama pledged to do and then did this year as President. And a recent poll found that a remarkable 59% of all Cuban Americans think the 46-year-old ban on all U.S. travel to Cuba should be removed. The survey by Miami-based Bendixen & Associates, the largest Hispanic polling firm, also found that 48% of older and more conservative Cuban exiles known as historicos support lifting the prohibition, up from 32% in 2002.
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1934416,00.html#ixzz1iioKbPUP

I think for what few older cubans are left feeling hostile towards Castro, there are far more voters in general who want things open already.

I would think hard about eliminating a fact that turns the tables for RP on the isolationist issue, in favor of some american cubans in Miami. It wasn't there vote I was thinking of capturing as I do not live in Miami. I live in Sarasota where thinking is more progressive, and was thinking of the Republicans here who have been buying into the medias isolationist smears.

I think a few of you are missing the general point. The point is, Paul continues to be smeared as an isolationist, one of the words that helped to start the whole "he is fringe and crazy" labels. It's the other candidates supporting policies that are cutting us off from parts of the rest of the world. Paul is the most anti-isolationist candidate out there yet, that is not what the media is presenting on him vs the others.

However, it doesn't matter what angle is taken to promote RP being the one most willing to open and increase relations with the rest of the world. It's about drawing attention to the fact that it is not RP with the isolationist bent, but rather his opponents who have it.

Somehow, it's high time we turn the isolationist tables around on who the real isolationists are!!!!!!!! That is all!! :) lol

Cleaner44
01-06-2012, 05:33 PM
He'll be out of the race in four days anyway.

This.

AFPVet
01-06-2012, 05:38 PM
We should be careful here. Mitt is who we need to beat. Huntsman could be just trying to put us on the defensive....diversion...tactical bait

Ron and Mitt are making great tag team partners for taking out the rest. It has to be down to these two... that's why they are both targeting the same people. Romney's camp knows this two... they are going for the same strategy.

affa
01-06-2012, 05:48 PM
just to be clear -- i've mentioned this before, but it's stuck in my crawl since it first happened. about two months ago, during Saturday Night Live's 'news' segment, Jon Huntsman came on and talked up New Hampshire. It was so out of place, especially given his position in the polls at that time, that my wife and I turned to each other and were like 'wth was that?'. It was glaringly odd. It's been bothering since I saw it... I know, I know... one little appearance doesn't indicate anything. But why? Why on SNL? Why then? Why was it a 2 minute skit on how much he loves New Hampshire?

I have never thought any of the surges would last - not Bachman, not Perry, not Cain, not Gingrich, and definitely not Santorum. However, that bizarre little Huntsman appearance has always had me wondering about the 'great switcheroo'... we've all heard Romney isn't really the one we want. Beware a flipped narrative; Huntsman suddenly becomes the new, improved Romney with none of the baggage of Gingrich, Santorum, etc. He's moderate and well spoken, and so appeals to the left far more than the rest and so they'll make a case for 'crossover appeal' (a lie, but stealing that argument from Ron Paul).

I hope it doesn't happen, but I definitely can see them trying to suddenly market Huntsman as 'Ron Paul-lite', with the looks and presidential appearance. I can see them even dumping Romney for him for good.

PS - i hope i'm absolutely wrong and those of you saying he'll be out immediately after NH are correct. My concern is based solely on a hunch - and one based on a single, out of place appearance at that. But I'd be lying if I said my spidey-sense wasn't tingling.

libertygrl
01-06-2012, 05:59 PM

Yeah, I smell something rotten. Look at all the media he's suddenly getting. The pattern is all the same. Just keep throwing out these establishment losers to see which ones will really stick. Soon they'll be saying the dreaded code word "surge" and the sheep will follow. :mad:

libertygrl
01-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Why are Americans falling for this whole IRAQN is a threat fear mongering again ?

Maybe we can dig up some of the Iraq news stories before the invasion and do a compare and contrast. How much you want to bet it all sounds the same??

CaptainAmerica
obviously a career politician. He sees something the other candidates do thats dirty and he follows the trick.

blazeKing
If the media can manipulate elections so well, why do we even have them. These social programmers are amazingly good at what they do because of the type of people they are programming, brainless sheep.

Erazmus
01-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I smell something rotten. Look at all the media he's suddenly getting. The pattern is all the same. Just keep throwing out these establishment losers to see which ones will really stick. Soon they'll be saying the dreaded code word "surge" and the sheep will follow. :mad:

Yup, they did the same thing in 07 and 08. The media was satisfied as long as they could quell the Ron Paul revolution long enough to keep him from getting elected. They're running out of cannon fodder pretty quick this time around.

MR2Fast2Catch
01-06-2012, 06:07 PM
These surges are like a gigantic national game of Whack-A-Mole played by the media.

LOL, that's definitely what it feels like!

CaptainAmerica
01-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Wait...I thought Huntsman was anti-war? Man, that tweet really pissed him off. I can't wait until NH is over. Get that clown out of here.

You guys still don't get it do you.

Huntsman was never anti-war. Read between the lines when he speaks...he advocated DRONE BOMBINGS.