PDA

View Full Version : TWITTER: How to get Ron Paul Trending worldwide?

rblgenius
01-06-2012, 01:37 PM
How many tweets does it take to get a man trending?

RP typically gets about 4k tweets an hour. We need to plan a twitter bomb. If Ron Paul is trending, lots of people will google him that typically don't care about politics.

sailingaway
01-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Debates are good times, a bunch of us tend to do some of it during debates in any event. We've had him trending before, he did at the last one.

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2012, 01:48 PM
#hashtags

ibaghdadi
01-06-2012, 01:51 PM
How many tweets does it take to get a man trending?

RP typically gets about 4k tweets an hour. We need to plan a twitter bomb. If Ron Paul is trending, lots of people will google him that typically don't care about politics.

My credentials are one year's Arab Spring tweeting.

Bottom line, it won't happen.

The trending topics on Twitter are fake. They play around with them all the time. And given how much the establishment "loves" Ron Paul...

The best we can do is get a Twitter campaign massive enough to get him into as many people's timelines as possible. Probably won't appear in the trending topics but we'd have achieved kinda the same purpose.

What we've normally been doing is a meet-up at a certain time with a certain hashtag. Problem is that the hashtag can be stolen by haters, but I wouldn't worry about that since Ron Paul is hands-down the strongest candidate online.

rblgenius
01-06-2012, 01:53 PM
My credentials are one year's Arab Spring tweeting.

Bottom line, it won't happen.

The trending topics on Twitter are fake. They play around with them all the time. And given how much the establishment "loves" Ron Paul...

The best we can do is get a Twitter campaign massive enough to get him into as many people's timelines as possible. Probably won't appear in the trending topics but we'd have achieved kinda the same purpose.

What we've normally been doing is a meet-up at a certain time with a certain hashtag. Problem is that the hashtag can be stolen by haters, but I wouldn't worry about that since Ron Paul is hands-down the strongest candidate online.

How many Arab Spring tweets were going out tho? When I click on a trending topic, every few secs there is another 20 tweets to add.

ibaghdadi
01-06-2012, 01:58 PM
How many Arab Spring tweets were going out tho? When I click on a trending topic, every few secs there is another 20 tweets to add.
Yes, it takes that much of a massive campaign. And Ron Paul does have the young social-media connected support to pull it off. We can do this.

sailingaway
01-06-2012, 01:59 PM
We HAVE done it, during debates. World wide at least once, in various cities / states, several times. The time it was world wide it was a fight w/ Bachmann over Iran policy, so part was probably spontaneous and not all us. Make sure you add the #nhprimary tag AND the debate tag, during debates a lot of people follow the debate hash tag and they see it, even before it trends or if it doesn't. Media follow the hashtags, too.