PDA

View Full Version : We can win primaries after super-tuesday!

nakor667
11-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Talking with my Dad after listening to an NPR story on Washington state's late primary, it occurred to us that the primaries after January and Super-Tuesday in Feb are really up for grabs. Romney's only focused on the early states, Rudy's counting more on momentum than passion to carry the delegates in the rest of the states.

But here's the thing, because of the passionate grassroots support of Ron Paul nation wide, no matter who wins the early primaries, we have more than enough time and organization to take the later ones! We really can pull off the biggest upset in political history if we keep this revolution going for the long haul! No other campaign has thousands of supporters in all fifty states going on simultaneously, nor could they hope to.

Here's the primary schedule:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_%28United_States%29_presidential_ primaries%2C_2008

Some of the bigger ones: Texas (Ron Paul's home state), Ohio (remember 2004?), and Pennsylvania

Keep those local activities going and keep your eye on the prize!

torchbearer
11-09-2007, 06:10 PM
We are doing well fundraising in the western states.

kylejack
11-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Hope springs eternal, but my sad thought is that Super Tuesday might be the last day of the campaign. :(

RonPaulFever
11-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Hope springs eternal, but my sad thought is that Super Tuesday might be the last day of the campaign. :(

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/8/8c/Racheldratchdebbie.jpg

FreedomLover
11-09-2007, 06:14 PM
The whole point of romney caring about the early states is the momentum you get from sweeping them, since voters always end up going for the one who is percieved to be the winner on super tuesday.

hard@work
11-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeah but we've never had this type of stark contrast before. Ron Paul is standing alone for the truth on that stage now. It's very visible to anyone even detractors.

Shink
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/8/8c/Racheldratchdebbie.jpg

Most grotesque sight I ever saw...and I've fought in Iraq.

Eli
yeah sadly if ron paul blatantly looses on feb. 5th than it'll be very hard to get people to go vote for him in the later states. If he's neck and neck with someone than it'll be easier than ever, or if he wins a bunch.

Facts are, all this support romney, mccain, and rudy have is nothing more than people who are only supporting them because they think they can win. Once they loose their credibility as a winner than they're done. But ron paul has to start projecting himself as a possible winner so he can start stealing their votes. Unfortunately most of the pollster crowds only vote within the party and don't give two shits about the issues.

Shaun
11-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey, Kylejack, keep your doubts and anxiety to yourself, do not interfere with the passions and WAY beyond positive thinking of others.
We all have doubts from time to time, but the rule is DON'T take them public.
You are a leader in the fastest growing political movement on Earth. You are a mentor to others.
Just focus on flowing only solutions on to this forum and you'll be one of RP's heros when all this is over. This is no time for realisim or logic, that all went out the window on Nov 5th, it's now a mad passionate fight for hearts and minds...
Our job is too keep all the troops pumped up.
Your in the RP army..

hard@work
11-09-2007, 06:22 PM
yeah sadly if ron paul blatantly looses on feb. 5th than it'll be very hard to get people to go vote for him in the later states.

It might also bring people out in record numbers this time too.

iddo
11-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Ohio (remember 2004?)

No, what happened in 2004 in relation to the primaries?

torchbearer
11-09-2007, 06:26 PM
I will be voting for Ron, even if he got 0 votes in every primary before mine.

benhaskins
11-09-2007, 06:30 PM
i agree. this campaign is growing by the day and the others are fighting to keep their slice of the pie that they have. if he wins iowa and new hampshire its all over for the rest of them.

shepburn
11-09-2007, 06:30 PM

I'm throwing the BS flag on this comment. Who asked for your totally lame prediction about our success? You sound like George Stephonolopussy

If what you meant was "we better be winning by Super Tuesday or we are done" ... well then you might have a better point. Only then will I withdraw my stern remark :D

kylejack
11-09-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm throwing the BS flag on this comment. Who asked for your totally lame prediction about our success? You sound like George Stephonolopussy

If what you meant was "we better be winning by Super Tuesday or we are done" ... well then you might have a better point. Only then will I withdraw my stern remark :D
That remark is roughly equivalent. But I think you should read my post again and especially the part about hope springs eternal. Yeah, that's what you should do.

FSP-Rebel
11-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I can't speak for SC or IA, but I'm fairly confident that strong showings will take place in NH, MI and NV which will undoubtedly shoot us up to national prominence for good. And the way the media has been talking about us recently combined with our Tea Party surprise and others forthcoming, we should be sitting tight by primary season.

Adamsa
11-09-2007, 06:38 PM
I look at history to find hope for Paul, both in Dean and Buchanan mostly.

Daveforliberty
11-09-2007, 06:40 PM
I will be voting for Ron, even if he got 0 votes in every primary before mine.

Absolutely. It is imperative Ron Paul stays in all the way through the convention. Anything can happen.

nakor667
11-09-2007, 07:02 PM
I know one thing for sure, Ron Paul will not bow out. As long as he has supporters, he will try for the Republican nomination.

MozoVote
11-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Ron Paul has said he will campaign as long as he can afford to, and there are people who want to hear him. I do not think he will stop after Super Tuesday even if he's way behind. He'll keep going and keep pressing the conscience of the country and would try to get enough delegates in later states to shift the party platform.

Richandler
11-09-2007, 08:00 PM
We must never doubt our votes for Ron Paul. The recent article on lewrockwell.com point out that if 50% of Ron Paul voters turned up based on the average number of supporters that turn up for primaries their is a very good chance that Paul could win. We have to try for 100% voting. We must make sure that every single person who is eligible to vote and supports Paul does vote. 100% voter turn out of supporters could win us this election. We need to prove to the country why voter turn out is always 50% or below. We need to show them we can get everyone out.

bolidew
11-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Absolutely. It is imperative Ron Paul stays in all the way through the convention. Anything can happen.

Couldn't agree more.

reduen
11-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Most grotesque sight I ever saw...and I've fought in Iraq.

Clearly you haven't seen Hillary at her best yet!! lol

shepburn
11-09-2007, 08:21 PM
We must never doubt our votes for Ron Paul. The recent article on lewrockwell.com point out that if 50% of Ron Paul voters turned up based on the average number of supporters that turn up for primaries their is a very good chance that Paul could win. We have to try for 100% voting. We must make sure that every single person who is eligible to vote and supports Paul does vote. 100% voter turn out of supporters could win us this election. We need to prove to the country why voter turn out is always 50% or below. We need to show them we can get everyone out.

great post!

Jodi
11-10-2007, 08:37 AM

If the straw polls are any indicator I think Ron Paul voters will turn out in the masses. I think what is different about Ron's Campaign compared to the others, is that Ron Paul supporters are actually EXCITED about him and his mesaage. I know that is the case for me. The whole Ron Paul thing is like going to a championship football game where the whole town is there to support the winning team. I have never felt this about an election before, as I have always stood back and waited for the country to decide who the candidate will be. Not this year, I will be voting in my first primary!!! Heck everything I'm doing is a first, ie...campaigning, donating and I'm also going to check into this delegate thing and think about running for some kind of office myself.

PrimarilyPaul
11-10-2007, 08:41 AM
No other campaign has thousands of supporters in all fifty states going on simultaneously, nor could they hope to.

If only these people would register as Republican

http://www.primarilypaul.com/register/

DrNoZone
11-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Sadly, I'm not sure he has much of a chance on Feb. 5th here in Utah. We're Romney territory, sick as that is (it's the LDS thing; most of them are so blind about who Romulan really is just because he's LDS). Ron did win 2nd in the Republican Party straw poll held here not too long ago, but it was only with like 6% of the vote. Hopefully we can change things between now and then, but I have my doubts.