PDA

View Full Version : Don't like the MSM??? Stop supporting them.

Moebedda
01-06-2012, 12:22 PM
We all know how the MSM(main stream media) doesn't like Ron Paul, his ideals our our ideals. So stop supporting them. Stop watching them. Don't visit their websites. This goes for conservative talk radio too. And spread the word that they cannot be trusted to your friends and family. Give them examples.

Speculation is BS anyway. We all saw what happened in Iowa. We all got fired up on speculation and then let down. We need an independent website that can track current actual results, but I see zero reason to support these clowns if they want to continue to distort the truth.

Hit them where it hurts.

wgadget
01-06-2012, 12:23 PM
As I said in a previous thread: More Pandora, less talk radio.

Screw em.

Actually, I had a colleague at work who told me that he used to listen to Rush, Hannity, etc., and noticed that it was literally bad for his health. He then started listening to the classical music station exclusively and says that he feels MUCH better. He recommended I do the same. This is the time. And the benefits are multiple: better health, less $$$ to the media scoundrels.

Dr.3D
01-06-2012, 12:26 PM
So the campaigns give them tons of money trying to dispel the lies the media spews. It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

The more the media lies, the more money they make from campaign ads.

Moebedda
01-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Imagine the ratings dive if we ALL stopped watching them. The less viewers/listeners they have the less power/influence they have. This is so simple. We just need to convince a lot of people to do it.

2_Thumbs_Up
01-06-2012, 12:37 PM
We can't stop watching them because we need to catch their lies. Stop supporting their sponsors however, that would hurt.

Moebedda
01-06-2012, 12:42 PM
We don't need to catch their lies. This is part of their conditioning. Turn it off for a week and see how you feel. I canceled my cable and don't miss it for a minute. I turned off hannity and rush and don't miss them at all. I am in a better mood, in better health and am thinking clearer than ever.

The Free Hornet
01-06-2012, 02:45 PM
We don't need to catch their lies. This is part of their conditioning. Turn it off for a week and see how you feel. I canceled my cable and don't miss it for a minute. I turned off hannity and rush and don't miss them at all. I am in a better mood, in better health and am thinking clearer than ever.

+1 Those are the magic words. Cancel your cable or dish. I'd rather pay for a backup ISP than have cable or dish (the smart phone has independent internet access). You can adapt without these and a lot of other stuff can be bought a la carte. First run network shows are streamed off of many networks too.

Since I am like a broken record asking people to cancel their cable or dish, I would like to ask,

If you haven't canceled your cable or dish, why not? Post your reason and maybe a solution can be posted to solve that problem.

The MSM gets half their money from subscription fees. These fees stop when you cancel your service.

We can't stop watching them because we need to catch their lies. Stop supporting their sponsors however, that would hurt.

It is harder for me to hurt the sponsors. I'm not buying their crap the way I was sending $30-$40 to the Dish company once a month. Also, if enough are watching, the lies will be caught. If enought aren't watching, the lies won't matter.

LiveForHonortune
01-06-2012, 02:47 PM
To be fair, fox news has lost quite a bit of ratings... Look it up.

Old billy goat can't claim to beat the daily show in ratings anymore LOL

RonPaulCult
01-06-2012, 02:48 PM
You won't hurt their ratings unless you are being surveyed by Nielsen or the others who determine ratings (and advertising costs). So feel free to watch and listen if you want, they have no way of knowing your eyeballs are there (or missing).

Now websites! That's one way in which they do make money directly from us. If you post a link to a video, try to find it on youtube or somewhere else rather than posting a link directly to CNN or Fox News. For if you send people to their website to watch a video, they will play an ad for everybody and they will make money.

cdc482
01-06-2012, 02:50 PM
We all know how the MSM(main stream media) doesn't like Ron Paul, his ideals our our ideals. So stop supporting them. Stop watching them. Don't visit their websites. This goes for conservative talk radio too. And spread the word that they cannot be trusted to your friends and family. Give them examples.

Speculation is BS anyway. We all saw what happened in Iowa. We all got fired up on speculation and then let down. We need an independent website that can track current actual results, but I see zero reason to support these clowns if they want to continue to distort the truth.

Hit them where it hurts.

YES!

Erazmus
01-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't watch broadcast television. I still watch movies, and specific shows on DVD (very few). Every time a coworker says to me, "Did you see the stupid thing O'reilly said last night?" I keep telling him, "I don't watch TV!" I don't miss it, and my life is so much better without it. It actually makes the propaganda so much easier to pinpoint when you're not barraged with it all the time.

My only exposure to the MSM is what people post and link to here on YouTube. And most of those are infuriating enough.

UK4Paul
01-06-2012, 03:20 PM
I haven't purchased a FOX product (unless second hand) since their disgraceful treatment of Paul in 2008.

It's a shame FOX made 24... but then, thankfully that's what Ebay is for. :)

I will also never be signing up for Fox owned SKY here in the UK.

UK4Paul
01-06-2012, 03:22 PM

Only one person needs to do that. For everyone else, there's the TOOBS.

After all, thats what the Internet is. A series of TOOBS.

xFiFtyOnE
01-06-2012, 03:35 PM
If you haven't canceled your cable or dish, why not? Post your reason and maybe a solution can be posted to solve that problem.

I'm not canceling my cable. I have no other options for internet besides satellite or DSL and they both are horrible compared to what I have now. Me an my wife are both gamers....I need the speed!

scrosnoe
01-06-2012, 03:49 PM

^^^^^ THIS!

Welcome aboard @Moebedda and +rep

Kluge
01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
I wonder how TV service providers would deal with customers threatening to cancel if a network wasn't removed.

smtwngrl
01-06-2012, 04:03 PM
I think we really have to do more than not watch. I rarely watch any of these stations now.

I think we have to destroy the trust of the average person in the media. People will watch less when they don't know if they can trust what they are hearing.

And perhaps when they begin to watch less, it will create a market for a channel which will be committed to the truth.

I think a start could be to spread some information widely....through email forwards. One obvious thing is the info about the Fox News case that resulted in a court ruling saying the media doesn't have to tell the truth. They can say whatever they want.

Erazmus
01-06-2012, 04:06 PM
There is only one beacon of light on Fox, that’s Andrew Napolitano’s Freedom Watch. I watch it on Youtube when I can.

kuckfeynes
01-06-2012, 04:07 PM
I haven't owned a TV since 2004.
It is a shame that it's so difficult to purchase quality cable internet without a TV package.
If that monopoly could ever be brought down, I truly believe it will spell the end for the MSM.

BucksforPaul
01-06-2012, 04:10 PM
I cancelled my cable back in 2007 when the corporate media did the same thing to Dr. Paul.

Veritas Vos Liberabit
01-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I wish I had cable T.V. so I could cancel it.

As far as websites go, if you use the Chrome browser, there is an extension I use called Murdoch Block that warns you each time you click on a link to a website that is owned by News Corp. It can be found here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/moepiacmhnmbiilhpojodnaopndhddpg

Fetou
01-06-2012, 04:23 PM
I've been talking about this with everybody at my university without talking about Paul. Things like media companies lobbying for SOPA and the pathetically dumbed-down media political process along with constantly improving alternative options on Internet/mobile are making it easy to get some resentment going. Hopefully young people won't buy into cable packages when they start new households/families, but I'm not too hopeful.

Tina
01-06-2012, 04:26 PM
The best thing is to write the sponsors of their show and let them know you will boycott their products. And do it! Don't buy from any company that sponsors their propaganda.

Tina
01-06-2012, 04:28 PM
You can make stickers and go into a store and stick it on the isle. Boycott so and so, they sponsor endless war, or whatever you want on your sticker.

Erazmus
01-06-2012, 04:28 PM
The best thing is to write the sponsors of their show and let them know you will boycott their products. And do it! Don't buy from any company that sponsors their propaganda.

I'd have to watch TV to know who the sponsors are. :/

Tina
01-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Boycott's are more effective than turning off the TV. Boycott's really do work.

Erazmus
01-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Boycott's are more effective than turning off the TV. Boycott's really do work.

I'm pretty sure sponsors only advertise on stations that have viewers.

Tina
01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty sure sponsors only advertise on stations that have viewers.

You seem to be missing the point. Not sure if that's intentional or not. Also, you can find out their sponsors by doing a search, you don't have to watch the station.

vechorik
01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
SUPPORT Judge Andrew Napolitano by recording his TV program EVERY time -- counts as a watch for him to boost ratings.

Erazmus
01-06-2012, 04:38 PM
You seem to be missing the point. Not sure if that's intentional or not. Also, you can find out their sponsors by doing a search, you don't have to watch the station.

:) I'm only slightly messing with you. Boycotting does work, but so does a decline in ratings. Both are effective methods, and neither should be outright denied. I just refuse to watch TV. I don't buy too many mainstream products either. I buy local and organic.

Steve-in-NY
01-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I didnt cancel my TV, I just blocked CNN, FOX, and MSNBC.

Its become clear that those "news" channels are either terribly inept at their job, or have an agenda - either reason is enough to not watch them anymore.

It took me 5 seconds to filter them. Good riddance.

Greg Buchanan
01-06-2012, 04:42 PM
We ought to pick the worst offending mainstream channel and boycott it, and pick the least offending mainstream channel and favor it.

Some solid research will be needed to reach broad consensus.

Erazmus
01-06-2012, 04:43 PM
We ought to pick the worst offending mainstream channel and boycott it, and pick the least offending mainstream channel and favor it.

Some solid research will be needed to reach broad consensus.

Is there a "least offending mainstream channel?" CNN has got to be the worst.

MikeStanart
01-06-2012, 04:50 PM
I use this site and Drudge exclusively for my news and commentary.

Drudge - News / whats going on

You guys = commentary

Tina
01-06-2012, 04:59 PM
:) I'm only slightly messing with you. Boycotting does work, but so does a decline in ratings. Both are effective methods, and neither should be outright denied. I just refuse to watch TV. I don't buy too many mainstream products either. I buy local and organic.

Ah, I thought that might be the case. :) I didn't think the viewership could really be known, but I guess they can tell with the boxes everyone has now. I also buy almost exclusively local, including grassfed meat, soap ect, and grow my own herbs and veggies, so I'm with you there. Everyone should buy from their local food co-op, and local stores, but I think many don't realize that's an option. The food co-ops are cropping up everywhere now, even in very small towns.

Tina
01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
I didnt cancel my TV, I just blocked CNN, FOX, and MSNBC.

Its become clear that those "news" channels are either terribly inept at their job, or have an agenda - either reason is enough to not watch them anymore.

It took me 5 seconds to filter them. Good riddance.

I'm wondering if you could request from your satellite or cable that those stations be removed, and leave the ones that you want. That would be a statement to the news channels.

lbadragan
01-06-2012, 10:00 PM
I cancelled my ATT Uverse TV package 2 months ago and have alot more time on my hands. And money too! I'm saving about $90/mo, $1,080/year so why not donate some more to Ron Paul?

Amount: $100.00
Transaction ID: 330698413
Transaction date/time: 2012-01-06 21:57:06

:)

Erazmus
01-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I cancelled my ATT Uverse TV package 2 months ago and have alot more time on my hands. And money too! I'm saving about $90/mo, $1,080/year so why not donate some more to Ron Paul?

+rep!

craezie
01-06-2012, 11:18 PM
I don't have tv anymore, and don't miss it AT ALL!

I don't buy anything mainstream anymore, though. All local, organic, small companies. Get out of the Targets and Kroger, and you find its easier than you think. Especially if it is made by Monsanto, Dupont, Proctor & Gamble or any of the other big players that screw our country over.

Except Finish Powerballs, they are my one guilty pleasure.

AllAboard
01-06-2012, 11:42 PM
I have a question: Is the MSM interviews helping Paul? Should Paul boycott MSM too?

Would it take away meaningful exposure? Seems like the interviewers put the interviews in any context they want to and negate any positive exposure that may result. Maybe he should spend less time with MSM and more time at rallies, with exposure set up locally through grassroots support. Just a thought.

Also in my opinion, if we boycotted the MSM it really would not make a difference in terms of ratings. I do it to save my sanity most times. I get furious when I watch -- so I don't.

Giuliani was there on 911
01-06-2012, 11:47 PM
It makes no difference if we stop watching them. There are 300 million people who're still going to. We need to find a way to get them off the air. The media is solely responsible for the destruction of this country.

heavenlyboy34
01-07-2012, 12:19 AM
+1 Those are the magic words. Cancel your cable or dish. I'd rather pay for a backup ISP than have cable or dish (the smart phone has independent internet access). You can adapt without these and a lot of other stuff can be bought a la carte. First run network shows are streamed off of many networks too.

Since I am like a broken record asking people to cancel their cable or dish, I would like to ask,

The MSM gets half their money from subscription fees. These fees stop when you cancel your service.

It is harder for me to hurt the sponsors. I'm not buying their crap the way I was sending $30-$40 to the Dish company once a month. Also, if enough are watching, the lies will be caught. If enought aren't watching, the lies won't matter.
I don't even own a TV. :D Boob tubes are for boobs. ;)

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-07-2012, 02:51 AM

+ REP

Way to be !

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-07-2012, 02:54 AM
If you do cancel , be sure to let them know why you are

Why would anyone want to pay to be lied to and manipulated ?