PDA

View Full Version : Paul campaign disavows anti-Huntsman ad

Pages : [1] 2 3

bluesc
01-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Screw Huntsman and screw CNN, who do everything to protect him. Good political move by him, and as said in another thread, very "Rovian".

Following Huntsman's remarks Friday, the Paul campaign appeared to agree and called for the ad to be pulled. "The video is disgusting. Whoever put it up should remove it immediately," Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/06/paul-campaign-disavows-anti-huntsman-ad/

AdamT
01-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Where's the toob of this?

pauladin
01-06-2012, 11:59 AM
OMG. The campaign just played right into their hands. THE HUNTSMAN CAMP MADE THE F***ING VIDEO!

Havax
01-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Look at Huntsman's twilight videos about Ron. Those are offensive.

pauladin
01-06-2012, 12:01 PM
This was a perfect opportunity to slap the Huntsman camp for dirty politics and the campaign blew it.

JohnGalt23g
01-06-2012, 12:01 PM
OMG. The campaign just played right into their hands. THE HUNTSMAN CAMP MADE THE F***ING VIDEO!

And of course you have evidence of this?

braane
01-06-2012, 12:02 PM
It's really...really... dumb that politicians take Youtube videos seriously. Huntsman seriously went before a crowd and referenced a Youtube video? Who cares about a Youtube video? It makes him look pretty guilty to quickly reference it...

No Free Beer
01-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I have seen it. It is stupid and disgusting.

pauladin
01-06-2012, 12:04 PM
And of course you have evidence of this?

-Look at the obvious false account name: NHLiberty4Paul
-The profile of the account has nothing else on it but the video and was just created on Jan 4th, the day the video was posted.
-The video's statistics show the first view was from jon2012.com when the video had 0 views.
-Huntsman is making a huge deal out of the video.

unknown
01-06-2012, 12:04 PM
It's really...really... dumb that politicians take Youtube videos seriously. Huntsman seriously went before a crowd and referenced a Youtube video? Who cares about a Youtube video? It makes him look pretty guilty to quickly reference it...

Its not politicians, its the media. They apply a double standard to Ron Paul.

affa
01-06-2012, 12:05 PM
All part of the 'Huntsman surge' tactics.

RonPaulCult
01-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Incoming. Faux News just picked up on the story and will interview Huntsman's camp about it shortly (or Huntsman himself perhaps)

MsDoodahs
01-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Someone here at the forums did enough investigating to show that Huntsman and his henchmen created, uploaded, and started spreading that vid themselves.

I thought Huntsman might be okay until I saw that. Now, I think he's even worse than some - the guy is an icky human being. Just icky.

orenbus
01-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Megayn Kelly is going to have Huntsman campaign rep on her show in a bit to talk about the alleged Ron Paul supporter video. This is ridiculous, youtube should just take down the video, everyone should report it for harrasment or whatever it's obvious this video was put out by the Huntsman campaign to get this exact reaction from the media.

Feeding the Abscess
01-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Someone here at the forums did enough investigating to show that Huntsman and his henchmen created, uploaded, and started spreading that vid themselves.

I thought Huntsman might be okay until I saw that. Now, I think he's even worse than some - the guy is an icky human being. Just icky.

His campaign made an ad about the tweet sent from Ron's twitter account, and tied it into the newsletters by proxy of managerial oversight. Then, Huntsman goes on air after Ron during Piers Morgan's show and acts like he knew it was a friendly jab.

Huntsman is a loser.

FreedomRings
I'm 99.5% sure that this is a false flag operation. One of the PACs or a wealthy Paul supporter needs to come forward and publicly offer a $20,000 reward for evidence that identifies the actual video creator. I'm sure he is somehow linked to Huntsman.

RonPaulFanInGA
-The profile of the account has nothing else on it but the video and was just created on Jan 4th, the day the video was posted.
-The video's statistics show the first view was from jon2012.com when the video had 0 views.

Yeah, something stinks here. It's like when a Jack Conway supporter made a YouTube account called "KentuckyFight10" (a play on the 'Kentucky Fight' Rand Paul money bomb) and posted anti-Mongiardo videos, while pretending to be pro-Paul. It's too obvious.

Ignoring that, this is still an idiotic move by the campaign. Do they really want to get into the business of having to publicly denounce everything stupid on the internet that claims to be from a Paul supporter? No other candidate would engage in that nonsense.

Agorism
01-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Huntsman has been playing the ad for a week now and no change in the polls

moonbat
Plus, the account was brand new with one video.

orenbus
Where's the toob of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZeVqj-t1U0

Flag this video as inappropriate, if enough of us do it they will take it off youtube.

LisaNY
01-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Where's the fucking proof this is a real Ron Paul supporter?!! Huh Fox News???

1000-points-of-fright
01-06-2012, 12:13 PM
It barely qualifies as an ad. It's just some shitty video someone cut together in Windows MovieMaker and posted on Youtube.

As much as I love the internet and technology, this is the downside. Now any idiot can publish an "article" or make a "political ad" or create "music" and suddenly it's as valid as everything else.

LisaNY
01-06-2012, 12:14 PM

I know!!! They should be turning the tables on these lying propagandists and demanding proof this is a real RP supporter!! Where's the fucking proof you assholes?

orenbus
01-06-2012, 12:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZeVqj-t1U0

Flag this video as inappropriate, if enough of us do it they will take it off youtube.

I just flagged this video with the following, feel free to copy and paste and do the same:

I can't believe you guys at Youtube still have this video up, this is disgusting and obviously promotes hate speech which your community guidelines says it is against, this video attacks and demeans and promotes racial and ethnic hatred. There is a reason this video has a high amount of dislikes (over 750), TAKE THIS VIDEO DOWN NOW!

AdamT
Flagged as Spam, Scams/Fraud. Everyone do the same.

JohnGalt23g

And you think this constitutes evidence sufficient for Ron Paul to accuse John Huntsman of doing this?

Are you high?

John Huntsman would turn around and accuse Ron Paul of, once again, engaging in unfounded conspiracy theories that, once again prove how he is unfit to be POTUS.

And in this case, he would be right!!

Do you remember what happened to Herman Cain when he accused the Perry campaign of planting a story without any evidence to back it up? Because if you don't remember that, you have no business seriously discussing this nomination race.

braane
I know!!! They should be turning the tables on these lying propagandists and demanding proof this is a real RP supporter!! Where's the fucking proof you assholes?

That's why it's perfect. They did ask for the proof. If the video isn't taken down... it proves that it isn't a Ron Paul supporter close enough to the campaign for it to be relevant.

pauladin
01-06-2012, 12:16 PM
I've never been one to criticize the campaign but I really feel they are really dropping the ball on this and allowing Huntsman to paint himself as a victim of unfair attacks. The Huntsman camp needs to be exposed Jack Conway style.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-06-2012, 12:16 PM
The Ron Paul campaign should point out that the account only has this one video, an obvious screen name, was created the day the video was posted and its first referral came from Huntsman's official website right after the video was posted:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9726/68016587.png

pauladin
01-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Its shit like this that is going to allow Huntsman to leapfrog us in NH.

wgadget
01-06-2012, 12:20 PM
So SURELY Fox News will also be interviewing the Ron Paul campaign about the issue....right?

wgadget
01-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Furthermore, I wonder if the average NH voter is SO STUPID to not see how transparently made-up this is.

GEEZ. Like it's HUNTSMAN'S TURN to experience the MEDIA-MADE RISE..duh.

Havax
DRUDGE THE PROOF THAT IT WAS HUNSTMAN'S CAMP WHO STAGED THIS

orenbus
So SURELY Fox News will also be interviewing the Ron Paul campaign about the issue....right?

doubtful

Lord Xar
01-06-2012, 12:23 PM
The Ron Paul campaign should point out that the account only has this one video, an obvious screen name, was created the day the video was posted and its first referral came from Huntsman's official website right after the video was posted:

Email that image and data information to megan kelly and the campaign.
I think it is very important that you show huntsmans website was the first to view it.
Pretty damaging to huntsman I believe.

RonPaulCult
01-06-2012, 12:24 PM
If anybody can tell me where this song comes from, we can probably get this video pulled as the creator does not own the rights.

SilentBull
01-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Looks like this is part of the strategy to talk about Huntsman. To show Ron Paul as a kooky conspiracy theorist by using supporter videos.

braane
01-06-2012, 12:27 PM
I think it is very important that you show huntsmans website was the first to view it.
I want to know how they found this video... without it being theirs. They would have to be sitting around all day going through Youtube for videos with John Huntsman in the title. It's much more plausible that it's their video... and they are trying to paint us as racist a bit more. It's the worst form of politics, and completely inappropriate.

Lord Xar
01-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Why don't we TWEET The image out to show that john is behind This Charade.

Tweet the various reporters.

Of course make sure that the image contains valid information

SilentBull
01-06-2012, 12:30 PM

Looks like Huntsman just might be the dirtiest of all these politicians running.

specsaregood
01-06-2012, 12:30 PM

Indeed. And didn't huntsman say on cnn that the Paul campaign would be getting their respons on the twitter thingy the night before this came out?

kylejack
01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
No, wrong, the stats don't list the first view. Furthermore, view count often lags significantly, especially when a video is first created. Huntsman's site had the first reference to the site. Which, if the creator sent it to them to wave it in their face, it is entirely possible that Huntsman was the first to post publicly about it.

The video could have been made by a misguided Paul supporter, Huntsman's people, or just some random troll.

cajuncocoa
01-06-2012, 12:33 PM
This video looks like the work of someone out to discredit Ron Paul.

moostraks
01-06-2012, 12:34 PM

did the same as you...

AlexG
01-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Fox News is about to speak about it next

kylejack
01-06-2012, 12:35 PM
We're more likely to get it removed if we flag it as Hate Speech. Choose 'national origin' for the reason, as it is essentially an anti-Chinese video that says they don't share a value system with us.

Hoax
01-06-2012, 12:35 PM
No, wrong, the stats don't list the first view. Furthermore, view count often lags significantly, especially when a video is first created. Huntsman's site had the first reference to the site. Which, if the creator sent it to them to wave it in their face, it is entirely possible that Huntsman was the first to post publicly about it.

The video could have been made by a misguided Paul supporter, Huntsman's people, or just some random troll.

You are really grasping. The picture is worth 1000 words. It shows Huntsman knew about the video almost immediately, and putting it out there would put him on the defensive. C'mon man, this thing reeks of dirty tricks.

olehounddog
01-06-2012, 12:36 PM
done

pauladin
01-06-2012, 12:36 PM

Well, damn. Insufficient evidence then. Maybe disavowing it is all they can do.

mhad
01-06-2012, 12:37 PM
why is this a big deal? is the video saying Huntsman is working for China? I confused.

BUSHLIED
01-06-2012, 12:38 PM
politics sucks...the ron camp is not that on top of things in this department...they are hardly out in front of stuff, more reactive than proactive, using situations to benefit themselves. Huntsman is talking about "trust" is what the campaign is about etc..here is good example of how trust is not his strong suit etc...you could turn this around on Huntsman and his daughters.

sorianofan
01-06-2012, 12:39 PM

Huntsman is actually evil.

Of course the media is capable of researching this, but there are evil people not interested in real research.

FreedomRings
Here's the Twitter history for the video (starts at bottom - we should probably analyze the full history). The creator obviously had an anti-Paul agenda.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7287/huntsmanfalseflag.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/huntsmanfalseflag.jpg/)

minusbear
What was wrong with the video? Our side has been called every name in the book, it seems fair game to point out when our enemies are in the pockets of other interests. Dr. Paul can't be bought, but Huntsman is in the business of being bought.

No Free Beer
01-06-2012, 12:40 PM

well said

D.A.S.
01-06-2012, 12:40 PM
All the worry about this video is irrelevant and a waste of people resources as far as helping the campaign win in NH. You're not gonna help anything in NH by talking about this stuff. And what else can the campaign do? He disavowed it, and that's that. There's gonna be plenty more to come. This will be a very ugly race - it already is - and Ron Paul's campaign is doing very well navigating these landmines. Just let them do their job.

Lord Xar
01-06-2012, 12:41 PM
We have the information that shows johns campaign Was the very first to view it..
And a tweet Was sent out prior to that viewing.... hmmmm

S.Shorland
01-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Strange that 'the campaign' should worry about this.How can Paul be interested in what an individual of unknown motivation or allegiance puts on the internet?

kylejack
01-06-2012, 12:42 PM
why is this a big deal? is the video saying Huntsman is working for China? I confused.
The video is saying that Huntsman might be a 'Manchurian candidate', which is a book and movie.

It is revealed that the Communists have been using Shaw as a sleeper agent, a guiltless assassin subconsciously activated by seeing the “Queen of Diamonds” playing card while playing solitaire. Provoked by the appearance of the card, he obeys orders which he then forgets. Shaw’s KGB handler is his domineering mother Eleanor, a ruthless power broker working with the Communists to execute a "palace coup d’état" to quietly overthrow the U.S. government, with her husband, McCarthy-esque Senator Johnny Iselin, as a puppet dictator.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Manchurian_Candidate

rp713
01-06-2012, 12:42 PM
What was wrong with the video? Our side has been called every name in the book, it seems fair game to point out when our enemies are in the pockets of other interests. Dr. Paul can't be bought, but Huntsman is in the business of being bought.

creator of vid in our midst?!

AlexG
01-06-2012, 12:43 PM

Burn him at the stake!!!

Brian4Liberty
01-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I just flagged this video with the following, feel free to copy and paste and do the same:

Political correctness is a scam. No need to pretend to be all outraged over some idiotic video, no matter who did it.

minusbear

I wish I had that skill. I don't even have a digital camera other than what is in my iphone.

orenbus

What is wrong with it is that the media will try and use this as a smear against Ron Paul by trying to make the case that Ron Paul supporters are secret racists, bigots, etc.

FreedomRings
01-06-2012, 12:46 PM

They didn't post about it. At least I can't find anything at their site.

minusbear
01-06-2012, 12:46 PM
What is wrong with it is that the media will try and use this as a smear against Ron Paul by trying to make the case that Ron Paul supporters are secret racists, bigots, etc.

They use everything to smear the good doctor anyway, why should we bow to political correctness to make others happy? The question is, can Huntsman be bought?

orenbus
01-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Political correctness is a scam. No need to pretend to be all outraged over some idiotic video, no matter who did it.

Regardless it goes against Youtube's own guidelines, they should have taken some action you know they would have if it was a video to our benefit they need to apply the same guidelines across the board.

kylejack
01-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Here's the Twitter history for the video (starts at bottom - we should probably analyze the full history). The creator obviously had an anti-Paul agenda.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7287/huntsmanfalseflag.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/huntsmanfalseflag.jpg/)
Ah, so this could possibly be how Huntsman's campaign first learned of it. The first reference to the video is a tweet that includes a 'mention' of his account, @jonhuntsman.

jcarcinogen
01-06-2012, 12:48 PM
They use everything to smear the good doctor anyway, why should we bow to political correctness to make others happy? The question is, can Huntsman be bought?

No he is a billionaire inheritor.

vechorik
01-06-2012, 12:49 PM
I sent everything to the writer of this article at the Blaze (who just posted the Huntsman response -- gave him a perfect opportunity to bash Ron Paul and talk about his two adopted daughters) Damage starting

This writer changed an article for me once. Hope she investigates.

h ttp://www.theblaze.com/stories/stupid-huntsman-reacts-to-pro-ron-paul-ad-painting-huntsman-as-manchurian-candidate/

kylejack
They didn't post about it. At least I can't find anything at their site.
It should be on there somewhere, since there was a reference. I don't see it on the blog, but they might have their Twitter feed streaming somewhere on his website.

orenbus

There's no reason to give the media additional ammo when we can do something about it. You are correct the media will do whatever anyway but why empower them to reach out to a larger majority beyond the amounts of people they can already influence as was the case with the santorum surge.

ctiger2

Yep, it's really that simple to see either the Huntsman camp or a Huntsman supporter created this vid.

freeforall
01-06-2012, 12:50 PM
All the worry about this video is irrelevant and a waste of people resources as far as helping the campaign win in NH. You're not gonna help anything in NH by talking about this stuff. And what else can the campaign do? He disavowed it, and that's that. There's gonna be plenty more to come. This will be a very ugly race - it already is - and Ron Paul's campaign is doing very well navigating these landmines. Just let them do their job.

I agree. This is the time period when the competition works endlessly to distract, anger and divide Ron Paul supporters. Take a deep breath and curse furiously in the privacy of your home, then get back to doing what you do like they can't touch you. Our support grows as people understand the message and insight of our candidate. Keep spreading the positives!

puppetmaster

interesting......the scum rises to the top

hammy
This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. This is a video made by neither campaign and we're all making a huge fuss over it. This is equivalent to someone saying a mean thing about Huntsman and making Ron responsible for it.

This is a waste of time.

LisaNY
01-06-2012, 12:51 PM
even more than smearing Ron, they are trying to demonize each and every one of us. This kind of action must not be allowed to stand or else we may find another "Ron Paul Supporter" did ________ story on Fox News tomorrow.

harikaried
Ah, so this could possibly be how Huntsman's campaign first learned of it. The first reference to the video is a tweet that includes a 'mention' of his account, @jonhuntsman.How would there be a referral /from/ Huntsman's website? Do you think the campaign's website automatically links any tweet that mentions @jonhuntsman?

thoughtomator

Wow, that is an obvious troll... look at the rest of the videos on that account, all Huntsman campaign material.

Another MSM epic fail to do the most basic due diligence on a story in order to falsely slam Paul... color me shocked.

rblgenius
01-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Guys calm down. I dont think Huntsman made the video or anyone in his campaign. Its obviously a third party person that does not like Paul and wanted to give huntsman some media time. The video is very poorly made lol... Ron Paul's campaign did the right thing in disavowing it. Its not like they can control what individuals put on the youtube channel with Ron Paul's name in it or his message. They did the right thing

Hoax
01-06-2012, 12:53 PM
This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. This is a video made by neither campaign and we're all making a huge fuss over it. This is equivalent to someone saying a mean thing about Huntsman and making Ron responsible for it.

This is a waste of time.

Its a waste of time because the media has seized on it. Its a nothing issue, but they've decided to go full bore on a random Youtube video. There needs to be pushback because of that.

braane
01-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Ah, so this could possibly be how Huntsman's campaign first learned of it. The first reference to the video is a tweet that includes a 'mention' of his account, @jonhuntsman.

Except jon2012 was referring people to the video on Jan 4th, not Jan 5th when the tweet was sent. Oops!

FreedomRings
It should be on there somewhere, since there was a reference. I don't see it on the blog, but they might have their Twitter feed streaming somewhere on his website.

They have a Twitter feed of their own account, but their own account didn't mention the video.

rblgenius
Its a random youtube video. Seriously like who gives a fuck lol. There are a ton of them out there.

otherone
01-06-2012, 12:55 PM
This could be an excellent opportunity to embarrass Huntsman and let people know how far people are willing to go to marginalize Dr. Paul. If this type of chicanery isn't addressed, spurious ads will become the norm, with Dr.Paul as the most popular target.

otherone
01-06-2012, 12:56 PM
First post, btw :)

braane
01-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Its a random youtube video. Seriously like who gives a fuck lol. There are a ton of them out there.
We have to care now. The media is going to spin it as proof that Ron's supporters are racist. So we have to be there putting water on the fire...

harikaried
01-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Its a random youtube video. Seriously like who gives a fuck lol. There are a ton of them out there.Because the Huntsman campaign wants to keep bringing it up to get attention.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Except jon2012 was referring people to the video on Jan 4th, not Jan 5th when the tweet was sent. Oops!

Yeah, someone was looking at the referrals in the wrong order.

kylejack
01-06-2012, 12:58 PM
How would there be a referral /from/ Huntsman's website? Do you think the campaign's website automatically links any tweet that mentions @jonhuntsman?
Well, maybe Huntsman posted about it somewhere on his website, though I'm not finding it.

randomname
01-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Following Huntsman's remarks Friday, the Paul campaign appeared to agree and called for the ad to be pulled. "The video is disgusting. Whoever put it up should remove it immediately," Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/06/paul-campaign-disavows-anti-huntsman-ad/

Great response. So case closed now for the media?

Brian4Liberty
01-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Because the Huntsman campaign wants to keep bringing it up to get attention.

Yep. And the media will give him every opportunity.

pauladin
01-06-2012, 01:00 PM
So case closed now for the media?

Hilarious.

unknown
01-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Theres a comment war taking place in the comment section.

FreedomRings
01-06-2012, 01:01 PM
So the very first view was by the creator himself (my_videos). The very second view was a referral from Jon2012.com, i.e. someone clicked a link on Jon2012.com that linked to the video. That was before any tweet was sent. But there is no such link at Jon2012.com

Possible explanation: The creator finished the video and informed the Huntsman campaign that it was ready. They must have some internal blog that's not visible to the public where they linked to the video within minutes after it was posted (before the first "ron paul" search result found the video on YouTube).

How did they know about the video so quickly? The only reasonable explanation is that they created it themselves and then bragged about it on their internal blog. Could there be another explanation?

unknown
01-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I dont think they should have denounced/"disavowed it".

They should have just said it has nothing to do with the campaign. Take it up with the maker of the video.

thoughtomator
01-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I dont think Huntsman made the video or anyone in his campaign.

Unless that Youtube graphic above is a fake, that's damning proof that that video did in fact originate from the Huntsman campaign itself.

The only other plausible scenario with that data is correct is that Huntsman's own campaign site got hacked and pranked. Possible, but unlikely.

I spent a quarter century as a computer programmer and another 15 as a system admin - believe you me, that referral from his website is a smoking gun that this is a Huntsman campaign production.

pauladin
01-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Unless that Youtube graphic above is a fake, that's damning proof that that video did in fact originate from the Huntsman campaign itself.

The only other plausible scenario with that data is correct is that Huntsman's own campaign site got hacked and pranked. Possible, but unlikely.

I spent a quarter century as a computer programmer and another 15 as a system admin - believe you me, that referral from his website is a smoking gun that this is a Huntsman campaign production.

the youtube graphic is real. anyone can go see it on the video.

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Stayed Tune... FOX NEWS and Megyn Kelly will be covering this with the Huntsman campaign within the next 30 minutes.

I wonder what lies ahead in South Carolina and Florida?

We still have Perry, Roemer, US Military, hmmm

Okay I've been timing it... every 20 minutes the FOX anchors are covering it...

puppetmaster
01-06-2012, 01:10 PM
So the very first view was by the creator himself (my_videos). The very second view was a referral from Jon2012.com, i.e. someone clicked a link on Jon2012.com that linked to the video. That was before any tweet was sent. But there is no such link at Jon2012.com

Possible explanation: The creator finished the video and informed the Huntsman campaign that it was ready. They must have some internal blog that's not visible to the public where they linked to the video within minutes after it was posted (before the first "ron paul" search result found the video on YouTube).

How did they know about the video so quickly? The only reasonable explanation is that they created it themselves and then bragged about it on their internal blog. Could there be another explanation?

This seems to be the case. I firmly believe that someone created this video from within the huntsman campaign.

I hope the media runs with this because this can be used against them to discredit and expose bias

thoughtomator

Your assessment is 100% spot on. What you see in that referral log evidence is entirely consistent with that scenario, and entirely inconsistent with any other scenario other than a malicious hacking incident. Now, if Huntsman wants to go the Anthony Weiner route... well, not a very successful strategy, that.

Echoes
Way to get suckered in Paul campaign. The huntsman ppl probably made the friggin vid, and huntsman is irrelevant anyway.

TheLasersShadow
This is nuts some guy on the net makes a video having nothing to do with RP or RevPAC and the media asks Paul camp to disavow it?!?!? WTF maybe I should make a video Pro-Huntsman bashing Paul for being a KKK member?!?!? (I won't) Will huntsman have to answer for it!?! I mean really?

Just on FAUX 2:07pm Huntsman coming on soon to bash Paul for this ad HE DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH! Leave it to Megan Kelly to pull this crap? Man this is BS, of all the things

Okie RP fan
01-06-2012, 01:13 PM
The media is all over this. Better get to some of the popular sites and start firing back at some of the people hating on RP.

Or completely drop this and move on maturely.

harikaried
01-06-2012, 01:13 PM
This seems to be the case. I firmly believe that someone created this video from within the huntsman campaign.

I hope the media runs with this because this can be used against them to discredit and expose biasI wonder if someone has contacts at YouTube who can investigate the video because it has been marked as spam/fraud so many times and check out what's the full url of the huntsman site's referral.

fc2008
01-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Goodbye NH. Enjoy the surge Jon.

palm
01-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Someone make a detailed video, if necessary, showing the connection between the huntsman camp and the video. Only if it comes down to it, print that page or save a cached copy of that youtube page before the account is deleted. HURRY!

sailingaway
01-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Huntsman's Daddy funded Pac put out two nasty ads implying Ron was racist and crazy which Huntsman knows he isn't. THOSE gave rise to no outraged media. Some random internet troll pretending to be a Ron Paul supporter puts out a bad video and it is written up everywhere. I figured it came from the Huntsman camp, whether the campaign or a supporter, they are trying to muddy the backlash over their ads.

Paul or not at all
01-06-2012, 01:17 PM
fuckin megyn kelly hit piece....

NY-Dano
01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
This is nuts some guy on the net makes a video having nothing to do with RP or RevPAC and the media asks Paul camp to disavow it?!?!? WTF maybe I should make a video Pro-Huntsman bashing Paul for being a KKK member?!?!? (I won't) Will huntsman have to answer for it!?! I mean really?

Maybe someone should make a spoof video 'supporting' Huntsman, but attack Ron on something rather ridiculous and benign. Just to point out how stupid this really is.

Then again, some may just want it to go away.

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Here yah go... FOX NEWS Megyn Kelly every 20 minutes slamming the video and linking Paul & Supporters.

LIVE NOW: Huntsman sent his Daughter for the sympathy of the FOX NEWS viewers. How frigin pathetic... these scummy politicians and campaigns.

TheLasersShadow
This is retarded! now the WHORE MEDIA is trying to give this slimeball Huntsman a surge in the polls. MAN this is just crap!

Does the hatred never end for Ron Paul in the media, now we have the Huntsman crew on Faux playing this like a fiddle. I'm so tired of this garbage. They must be seeing RP making gains in NH and are pulling out the stops trying to make stuff up now!

fade
fuckin megyn kelly hit piece....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FaxAPwe2UxM/Tlg5FOy1XvI/AAAAAAAABkw/kkBCLiimsKE/s1600/Megyn+Kelly+1.jpg

I forgive her.

Brian4Liberty
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Stayed Tune... FOX NEWS and Megyn Kelly will be covering this with the Huntsman campaign within the next 30 minutes.

I wonder what lies ahead in South Carolina and Florida?

We still have Perry, Roemer, US Military, hmmm

Okay I've been timing it... every 20 minutes the FOX anchors are covering it...

Can't take Megyn Kelly with her faux outrage. She is as disgusting as the video in question. She kept saying the video comes from a "group of Ron Paul supporters", as if she had some kind of confirmation. Missed a lot of the segment due to cable going down multiple times.

AlexG
01-06-2012, 01:24 PM
I forgive her.

I forgive her every night

ropo
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
It's so obvious what happened here it hurts.

Brian4Liberty
I forgive her.

I don't.

braane
Maybe someone should make a spoof video 'supporting' Huntsman, but attack Ron on something rather ridiculous and benign. Just to point out how stupid this really is.

Then again, some may just want it to go away.

Yeah. It should be some footage of him handling babies and talk about how he is pro-life... then conclude with something completely ridiculous like "Ron Paul doesn't want women to have rights"... Obviously, the account should be created today with a JonHuntsmanUserWhatever name. Then send the link to @RonPaul

Bossobass
Jon Huntsman, FYI:

Lynn de Rothschild first caught wind of Jon Hunstman in 2009, when the Obama administration's then-ambassador to China gave a commencement address at the University of Pennsylvania, where both of their children were studying. "I remember thinking he was so bold," she said, a word that few political observers employ to describe the soft-spoken governor. de Rothschild admitted as much, but said that "while he doesn't have a reputation for boldness when he talks on stage during debates, I believe his tax plan is a bold, pro-growth plan."

Earlier this year, de Rothschild co-hosted a major New York fundraiser for Huntsman, whom she had urged to run for president while he was still serving as Obama's ambassador to China.

De Rothschild's vocal support for Huntsman isn't the only way she has jumped into the 2012 presidential race -- she's also on the leadership board of a group called Americans Elect (AE), a moderate, bipartisan nonprofit that aims "to nominate a presidential ticket that answers directly to voters--not the political system."

"The polls show we as a nation are fiscally conservative and socially tolerant," de Rothschild said, "and neither party is offering a candidate on that platform."

^^ :rolleyes: ^^

She stressed that she hopes Huntsman will win the Republican nomination, and that if he doesn't, she'll back Mitt Romney. But it is impossible not to at least wonder whether de Rothschild's two current political causes -- Huntsman and AE -- might ever collide, with Huntsman as a third party centrist candidate, perhaps even on an AE ticket. Not surprisingly, neither de Rothschild nor the Huntsman camp would discuss that possibility, but Tara Malloy, associate counsel at the Washington-based Campaign Legal Center, told HuffPost that at the very least, it's probably not illegal.

HuffPo article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/19/lynn-de-rothschild-jon-huntsman_n_1159189.html

Nuff said for me. YMMV

Bosso

steph3n
01-06-2012, 01:26 PM
I forgive her.

She's whoring for media anywhere then eh?

Ronulus
01-06-2012, 01:28 PM
This is retarded! now the WHORE MEDIA is trying to give this slimeball Huntsman a surge in the polls. MAN this is just crap!

Does the hatred never end for Ron Paul in the media, now we have the Huntsman crew on Faux playing this like a fiddle. I'm so tired of this garbage. They must be seeing RP making gains in NH and are pulling out the stops trying to make stuff up now!

We have been saying this would happen for a while. The media is going to pump and dump huntsman after NH. We saw this coming. The stupid thing is that the fucking video was made by Huntsmans campaign.

Expatriate
01-06-2012, 01:29 PM
This could be used to make Huntsman look really bad and kill any chance he has in NH if it is handled right.

Someone in the campaign needs to know what we know about the video's origins.

pauladin
01-06-2012, 01:31 PM
This could be used to make Huntsman look really bad and kill any chance he has in NH if it is handled right.

Someone in the campaign needs to know what we know about the video's origins.

The campaign should post a facebook post "Is the Huntsman campaign engaging in dirty politics?" and link to a webpage that has the evidence clearly laid out. Not an accusation but a question. People can decide for themselves.

Brian4Liberty
01-06-2012, 01:31 PM
We have been saying this would happen for a while. The media is going to pump and dump huntsman after NH. We saw this coming. The stupid thing is that the fucking video was made by Huntsmans campaign.

They will never dump Huntsman, just like they won't dump Romney or Newt. One of those three or Obama would be fine with them.

Brian4Liberty
01-06-2012, 01:32 PM
The campaign should post a facebook post "Is the Huntsman campaign engaging in dirty politics?" and link to a webpage that has the evidence clearly laid out. Not an accusation but a question. People can decide for themselves.

No, the campaign shouldn't touch this at all. It's a bunch of nonsense.

MsDoodahs
01-06-2012, 01:32 PM
They will never dump Huntsman, just like they won't dump Romney or Newt. One of those three or Obama would be fine with them.

Exactly correct.

TheLasersShadow
01-06-2012, 01:33 PM
huntsmanplaysdirty.com is available.... someone got some pocket change and some html time LOL?

Brian4Liberty
01-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Can't take Megyn Kelly with her faux outrage.

In fairness to Megyn, the over-exaggerated emotions and expressions of outrage and concern are typical of news readers. Seems to be what they look for when hiring them. It tends to be more prominent in leftist and local news. Rachel Maddow and Brian Williams are other examples. Unfortunately, Megyn also gets to give her opinion on shows like O'Really as if she were an expert legal analyst.

TexMac
01-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Someone ought to create an account NH4Santorum and reupload that video. Then do it for NH4Gingrich, NH4Romney, etc. Make a point.

braane
01-06-2012, 01:50 PM
In Summary:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6924/huntsmandirtypolitics10.png

CaptUSA
01-06-2012, 01:57 PM
If you get drawn into process stuff instead of issues, you will lose the election.

We can't allow this to derail the discussion. This is what is happening.

pauladin
01-06-2012, 01:58 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/ronpaul/comments/o5pzm/proof_ron_pauls_campaign_didnt_post_the/

Expatriate
01-06-2012, 01:58 PM
In Summary:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6924/huntsmandirtypolitics10.png

Great summary.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-06-2012, 02:00 PM
People settle down please. This is a non-issue. The fact that a referral came from Huntsman's site, and that the creator never submitted it to me at FLIX should be enough to prove this was not made by a Ron Paul person. Any Ron Paul person that's making videos know about Flix and submit's their videos to me first. Some of you are such reactionaries.

Hoax
01-06-2012, 02:04 PM
People settle down please. This is a non-issue. The fact that a referral came from Huntsman's site, and that the creator never submitted it to me at FLIX should be enough to prove this was not made by a Ron Paul person. Any Ron Paul person that's making videos know about Flix and submit's their videos to me first. Some of you are such reactionaries.

Don't kid yourself. This became an issue because the media picked it up.

Furthermore there is proof that Huntsman's campaign was behind this whole thing. Huntsman - and the media - need to be slammed because of this. Huntsman for dirty tricks, the media because they're scum.

Forty Twice
01-06-2012, 02:09 PM
This reminds me of last week when Sorenson left Bachmann's campaign for Paul. Then Bachmann claimed without any evidence that Sorenson was paid a lot by the Paul campaign. We were caught in the most non-sensical, un-important flap while Santorum rose in the polls without any vetting. Now this is taking up news cycle time from our effort to state our message.

Fortunately there are more state primaries than ineffective Republican candidates. I guess Perry will make a ridiculous claim in SC. Gingrich in Florida. Then Santorum or Romney during Arizona/Michigan. Then it's Mano a Mano!

TheLasersShadow
01-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Just signed up to reddit to help spread this LOL

Feeding the Abscess
01-06-2012, 02:20 PM
From the HuffPo piece:

When The Huffington Post contacted the poster of the video through YouTube to ask why they created the video and whether they had any formal association with the Paul campaign, NHLiberty4Paul replied: "Sorry, campaign has asked me not to speak to reporters."

Yeah, wow. Troll

guyjohn59
01-06-2012, 02:21 PM
The style of the video looks very similar the videos on Huntsman's YouTube account. It follows the same pattern of white text on black background (usually a question) followed by footage, with music played throughout the video. The text fades in and out at the same speed also. I don't know a lot about video editing, but notice in the anti-Hunstman ad how the dimensions of the footage is smaller than the video dimensions. It's that way with a video on Huntsman's YouTube also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV2wiVPIz9o Is it hard to do? And is it done intentionally? I think the basic style and quirkiness of the anti-Hunstman ad, in addition to the weird statistics and massive media attention, is pretty solid evidence that this was put out by the Hunstman campaign.

Ronulus
01-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Huntsman just lost all credibility.

1000-points-of-fright
01-06-2012, 02:24 PM
The quality of the video itself should be enough proof that it's not a Ron Paul supporter. An individual Ron Paul supporter sitting in his mom's basement makes slicker videos than most of the other official campaigns and their superpacs.

LiveForHonortune
01-06-2012, 02:32 PM

You give people too much fucking credit. Do you honestly believe that the majority of people who watch faux news, MSNBC, or CNN have any critical thinking skills? The mainstream media can spin this any way they fucking want and the sheeple eat it up.

I just wish there was some media outlet that can pick this up so we can drudge it.

thehungarian
01-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Why the fuck does the campaign have to disavow a retarded as shit FAKE FAN VIDEO.

RonPaulVolunteer
Oopps....

http://ronpaulflix.com/2012/01/jon-huntsman-tells-cnn-that-ron-pauls-going-to-be-surprised-by-what-hell-release-in-the-next-few-days-ooppss/

Ronulus
You give people too much fucking credit. Do you honestly believe that the majority of people who watch faux news, MSNBC, or CNN have any critical thinking skills? The mainstream media can spin this any way they fucking want and the sheeple eat it up.

I just wish there was some media outlet that can pick this up so we can drudge it.

Fox business and the judge maybe. But nobody watches fox business. Also drudging something isn't going to do enough to change minds. Older voters don't go online for news, they watch the tube.

thehungarian
01-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Someone ought to create an account NH4Santorum and reupload that video. Then do it for NH4Gingrich, NH4Romney, etc. Make a point.

This needs to be done. This whole fiasco is so fucking stupid I can't even believe this is happening.

LiveForHonortune
01-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Fox business and the judge maybe. But nobody watches fox business. Also drudging something isn't going to do enough to change minds. Older voters don't go online for news, they watch the tube.

Yes but it will change SOME minds, which is incredibly useful as we've just seen recently how Romney won just BARELY.

Also, if we can get it viral some mainstream media might be forced to report the truth or else like a few times before.

braane
01-06-2012, 02:42 PM
This needs to be done. This whole fiasco is so fucking stupid I can't even believe this is happening.
I am on it... just in the process of rendering the Romney one as we speak.

swiss_supporter
01-06-2012, 02:46 PM
I am on it... just in the process of rendering the Romney one as we speak.

Someno already did it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1M0bV9dFk&context=C3b1e085ADOEgsToPDskLGmO-81ZfA10d-k4NH637j

braane
01-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Someno already did it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1M0bV9dFk&context=C3b1e085ADOEgsToPDskLGmO-81ZfA10d-k4NH637j

Haha 10-4. Thanks for showing me. Guess that means I can stop rendering :D

Libertea Party
01-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Yet further proof the media 1) has not an ounce of integrity 2) they hate us. One guy with one video out of millions on youtube gets catapulted as the face of Ron Paul? Really? A story? They would never--I mean never-- pin even one run-of-the-mill corporate donor to Obama or the Republicans as a representative to of their campaign but this happens to us?

Never trust these snakes to do the right thing. Never.

The REAL reason the media hates Ron Paul (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?503-The-REAL-reason-the-media-hates-Ron-Paul-and-liberty.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr9k7qXfhdE

LiveForHonortune
01-06-2012, 02:50 PM
LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND HERE

http://orinje.com/threads/430416-The-paulbots-are-going-crazy-with-our-video

BigByrd47119
01-06-2012, 02:52 PM
LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND HERE

Holy crap...!

frickettz
01-06-2012, 02:56 PM
LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND HERE

Woah guys, hold on a second.. that thread reeks of fake. I wouldn't want that to backfire.

blabam
01-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Anybody made a screencapture?

gobravez
01-06-2012, 02:58 PM
LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND HERE

Holy shit!

Everyone screencap that right now! They will delete that thread any minute.

Deinonychus
It's probably fake, but I saved the thread as a PDF on my computer anyway.

If it's not fake, goodbye Huntsman.

Paulitics 2011
And you think this constitutes evidence sufficient for Ron Paul to accuse John Huntsman of doing this?

Are you high?

John Huntsman would turn around and accuse Ron Paul of, once again, engaging in unfounded conspiracy theories that, once again prove how he is unfit to be POTUS.

And in this case, he would be right!!

Do you remember what happened to Herman Cain when he accused the Perry campaign of planting a story without any evidence to back it up? Because if you don't remember that, you have no business seriously discussing this nomination race.

I disagree. I think the fact that it's first referral came from the jon2012.com site is pretty damning evidence.

Travlyr
01-06-2012, 02:59 PM
LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND HERE

Nice work.

ZanZibar
01-06-2012, 03:00 PM
It's really...really... dumb that politicians take Youtube videos seriously. Huntsman seriously went before a crowd and referenced a Youtube video? Who cares about a Youtube video? It makes him look pretty guilty to quickly reference it...Next thing you know they'll start getting angry at Wikipedia edits LOLz :p

Expatriate
I downloaded a copy, but it looks fake

frickettz
It's probably just bait for some other circus trick our opponents will try to flip on us. I'd just leave it alone.

Libertea Party
01-06-2012, 03:01 PM
And yet no mention of this on Fox:

And definitely no mention of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLm7Sw402xE

Both relevant and shockingly newsworthy. Shameful.

Varin
It´s fake. How can any of you believe thats real, read the rest of the forum.

LiveForHonortune
It's all over the mainstream media now. This is absolutely absurd, the media is more than just a circus now. It's the biggest joke in journalistic history.

RonPaulVolunteer
Huntsman already said to expect something...

http://ronpaulflix.com/2012/01/jon-huntsman-tells-cnn-that-ron-pauls-going-to-be-surprised-by-what-hell-release-in-the-next-few-days-ooppss/#comment-402828582

ZanZibar
-Huntsman is making a huge deal out of the video.Evidence |= proof.

gobravez
01-06-2012, 03:02 PM
The top comment on the video:

His daughters did this. They tagged themselves in the video. They had access to private home movies of the Huntsman family. They created this account on the day that they uploaded the video. The only reason why anyone is talking about this is because the Huntsman campaign released a statement via the Associated Press.
Candy0Kenny 17 minutes ago 10

hmmmm... That makes alot of sense.

Expatriate
01-06-2012, 03:03 PM
It's probably just bait for some other circus trick our opponents will try to flip on us. I'd just leave it alone.

Yeah, it's the only thread posted in the "jon huntsman forum" besides something called "Great plan to get rid of ron paul supporters ...FOREVER!"

Definitely fake.

green73
So if I go out and make a dumb video like this, it will become a national incident and the campaign will have to formerly disavow me?

What about all the dumbshit stuff that come from the other candidates' crazy supporters? (rhetorical questions)

ZanZibar
This was a perfect opportunity to slap the Huntsman camp for dirty politics and the campaign blew it.This makes no sense. The origins of the video have yet to be proven.

Hoax
That thread on orange-whatever looks fake.

The real evidence is the referral by john2012 in the video - and the fact that the entire news media picked this thing up before anyone had seen it, and then brought Huntsman on-air to talk about it, and smeared Ron in the process.

I assume someone sent the campaign the youtube stats? While it is imperative we hit the internet with comments about this, the campaign needs to issue a press release or something, otherwise the media will never pick it up. They probably wont anyway.

LiveForHonortune
01-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Evidence |= proof.

Unless it's overwhelming evidence, in the case we have here.

sailingaway
01-06-2012, 03:05 PM
It's all over the mainstream media now. This is absolutely absurd, the media is more than just a circus now. It's the biggest joke in journalistic history.

they don't touch the trash ads Huntsman's dad paid for in that Pac trashing Ron and painting him to be racist or a conspiracy theorist. And this supposed supporter ad follows that 'conspiracy theorist' line. I think the ads blew up in their faces, Huntman started going down and Ron UP when they came out.

sailingaway
01-06-2012, 03:05 PM
That thread on orange-whatever looks fake.

The real evidence is the referral by john2012 in the video - and the fact that the entire news media picked this thing up before anyone had seen it, and then brought Huntsman on-air to talk about it, and smeared Ron in the process.

I assume someone sent the campaign the youtube stats? While it is imperative we hit the internet with comments about this, the campaign needs to issue a press release or something, otherwise the media will never pick it up. They probably wont anyway.

yes it looks fake

ZanZibar
01-06-2012, 03:07 PM

Notice how they were trying to get it to the media and talking heads.

fatjohn
01-06-2012, 03:07 PM
It's probably fake, but I saved the thread as a PDF on my computer anyway.

If it's not fake, goodbye Huntsman.

Even if it´s fake we can still get it to fox, it´s not like they research it.

happyphilter
01-06-2012, 03:08 PM
The facts we have discovered should be forwarded to those int he media. There's enough here to prove RP suppoerters didn't make this.

fatjohn
01-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Paul should go in full attack, pointing out the absurdity. I would like him to get real angry over this. Stop APOLOGIZING. Eat them alive. Fucking bastards. I deeply hate these people. After 07-08 I tought I´ve saw it all. Jezus Christ.

thehungarian
Interesting that the very last hashtag they used was #jon2012girls. This was definitely done by his daughters. I have no doubt.

Libertea Party
I've thought about it and I think the media/Huntsman are just trying to consume our amazing grassroots energy online by dealing with their nontroversies. They fear us and want to knock us of our game: phone.ronpaul2012.com

happyphilter
01-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Get this information to the media ASAP before it does Ron Paul any harm!

fatjohn
The top comment on the video:

His daughters did this. They tagged themselves in the video. They had access to private home movies of the Huntsman family. They created this account on the day that they uploaded the video. The only reason why anyone is talking about this is because the Huntsman campaign released a statement via the Associated Press.
Candy0Kenny 17 minutes ago 10

hmmmm... That makes alot of sense.

This makes very much sense.

swiss_supporter
Santorum-Supporters did the same??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJsfCto4S6M&context=C3fb2217ADOEgsToPDskLbjVMMGpz6dpDMJu7dwqD6

Also Mitt Romney Supporters?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1M0bV9dFk&context=C3b1e085ADOEgsToPDskLGmO-81ZfA10d-k4NH637j

I hope that FOX and CNN will also aks Santorum and Romney to disavow this "ad"!!!

moonbat
01-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Interesting that the very last hashtag they used was #jon2012girls. This was definitely done by his daughters. I have no doubt.

I believe this 100%

LiveForHonortune
01-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Paul should go in full attack, pointing out the absurdity. I would like him to get real angry over this. Stop APOLOGIZING. Eat them alive. Fucking bastards. I deeply hate these people. After 07-08 I tought I´ve saw it all. Jezus Christ.

No no no no.

If there's anything New Hampshire independents hate, it's attack/negative ads. We have to play it cool for now.

Besides, we don't know if that's a good idea or not. It might be exactly what they want and then they can label Paul some type of cranky old conspricy theorist while glossing over all their issues and positions (like Huntsman's EXTREMELY terrible past positions).

This is a real shame though. I used to think Huntsman was such a nice person the way he came off in the debates. I guess I expected too much from some rich kid who still has to ask daddy for his allowance.

Hoax
01-06-2012, 03:16 PM
So WTF is the campaign going to do about this? Based on the video stats the Huntsman campaign put this out. john2012 knew about it before any youtube search. They knew about it before any twitter. I hope someone here has the ear of the campaign because they need to hit back hard on this.

FreedomRings
01-06-2012, 03:16 PM

"jon2012girls" was also used as a tag in the video on YT:

jon huntsman
jon2012girls
jon 2012 girls
huntsman
new hampshire primary
president of the united states
First In The Nation
fitn
ron paul
paul
gingrich
santorum

just like in both videos released by the girls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h94iTnGQ0oI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOYVB2hc0HA

sailingaway
01-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I believe this 100%

it might have been specifically sent TO them. Did any 'Gingrich supporter' do this? Because it honestly seems like what I would expect from that side, if there is none by a 'Gingrich supporter' but there is by supporters of everyone above him in the polls, I'd be first suspicious there. Newt plays dirty.

Ronulus
01-06-2012, 03:25 PM
it might have been specifically sent TO them. Did any 'Gingrich supporter' do this? Because it honestly seems like what I would expect from that side, if there is none by a 'Gingrich supporter' but there is by supporters of everyone above him in the polls, I'd be first suspicious there. Newt plays dirty.

If it was sent to them it would not show up as being referred from jon2012.com. The forms on those sites likely go to an e-mail address and youtube would not pick it up as being referred from that site. Also what supporter would make this video and then immediately put a link to it somewhere on the huntsman site? It would have been posted on this site or a paul fan site of some sort before going to huntsman's campaign page.

Huntsmans daughters need to do some research before pulling a stunt like this and should have made it look more realistic (have an existing account, with following etc).

LiveForHonortune

I doubt there's any Gingrich Huntsman conspricy on this. Hell, I bet he has more to do with those ads attacking Paul's foreign policy in South Carolina than this.

PaulConventionWV

And how do you think it would look if they out and said that the Huntsman campaign made the ad on purpose? Not very good. What if they said nothing?

If they didn't disavow it, they would be perceived as endorsing it.

kylejack
01-06-2012, 03:28 PM
LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND HERE

hahaha, that thread is soooo fake.

swiss_supporter
01-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Well, at the end it is just an other big joke and it shows that the media is biased. Usually nobody cares about stuff uploaded on youtube. This whole story is planed, it is very obvious.

I wouldn't care too much. Everybody sees through this! If not they have a very low IQ...

Santorum and Romney Supporters did the same and put in Vote Rick Santorum / Vote Mitt Romney

Santorum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJsfCto4S6M&context=C3fb2217ADOEgsToPDskLbjVMMGpz6dpDMJu7dwqD6

Romney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1M0bV9dFk&context=C3b1e085ADOEgsToPDskLGmO-81ZfA10d-k4NH637j

Where is the media reporting about this? Problem is that the original clip now has 25'000 views and the Santorum and Romney clip not. Three hours ago the original clip just had 316 views...

freeforall
01-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Santorum-Supporters did the same??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJsfCto4S6M&context=C3fb2217ADOEgsToPDskLbjVMMGpz6dpDMJu7dwqD6

Also Mitt Romney Supporters?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1M0bV9dFk&context=C3b1e085ADOEgsToPDskLGmO-81ZfA10d-k4NH637j

I hope that FOX and CNN will also aks Santorum and Romney to disavow this "ad"!!!
:rolleyes:

PaulConventionWV
01-06-2012, 03:31 PM

Never attack down. This would drag us into a cesspool of nasty attacks and ultimately hurt Ron's image. Any other response by the campaign would have been damaging.

Ronulus
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Well, at the end it is just an other big joke and it shows that the media is biased. Usually nobody cares about stuff uploaded on youtube. This whole story is planed, it is very obvious.

I wouldn't care too much. Everybody sees through this! If not they have a very low IQ...

Just like they all saw through that Santorum Surge a few days before the caucus?

FreedomRings
01-06-2012, 03:34 PM
If the campaign play this right it could end Huntsman's campaign.

matt0611
01-06-2012, 03:35 PM
So wait, I can call myself a Hunstman supporter, make ads calling Ron Paul a neo-nazi and say "Vote Jon Huntsman" at the end of the ad, put it on youtube, and then Jon Huntsman would have to get involved, make statements about it, press conferences, disavvow it, blah blah blah. Yeah, right, sure...

Stop whining Hunstman, you little bitch...

This whole thing is bullshit.

kylejack
01-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Weigel:

daveweigel daveweigel
At Ron Paul avail, reporter claims "one of your supporters" created anti-Huntsman "manchurian" ad. Actually, the ad maker is anonymous

Good, the media is picking up on the fact that it's an unknown source.

WD-NY
01-06-2012, 03:40 PM

Do you think Ron's handlers are even sharing with him what we know about this video so that when they ask him about it during the next few interviews, he has a solid answer?

(on a related note, it's stuff like this that worries/frustrates me most since I can't help but feel as though Ron's inner circle doesn't share this stuff from him... i mean, he often seems surprised/unprepared when asked about 'dust ups' like this.... I wish there was a little more clarity from the campaign on how to get them key info - right now, it seems like Doug Wead = grassroots liaison since Collins doesn't appear to have access to anyone senior and/or doesn't really engage or respond to our comments/questions.)

Libertea Party
01-06-2012, 03:42 PM
So wait, I can call myself a Hunstman supporter, make ads calling Ron Paul a neo-nazi and say "Vote Jon Huntsman" at the end of the ad, put it on youtube, and then Jon Huntsman would have to get involved, make statements about it, press conferences, disavvow it, blah blah blah. Yeah, right, sure...

Stop whining Hunstman, you little bitch...

This whole thing is bullshit.

Maybe if the media was 1) ethical 2) didn't hate us then they'd apply the same standard to Huntsman. Alas that is not the case.

WD-NY
01-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Weigel:

daveweigel daveweigel
At Ron Paul avail, reporter claims "one of your supporters" created anti-Huntsman "manchurian" ad. Actually, the ad maker is anonymous

Good, the media is picking up on the fact that it's an unknown source.

kyle (and everyone else), please tweet Weigel a link to this thread and/or a link to the 'evidence' we have. Tweet him everything we got. Heck, while we're at it, we should be tweeting every single journalist who has covered this story what we've found thus far.

TexMac
01-06-2012, 03:44 PM

I hope that FOX and CNN will also aks Santorum and Romney to disavow this "ad"!!! ROFL!

guyjohn59
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Shouldn't the media do basic investigating? The name of the user is ridiculous. The account is created the same day the video is uploaded, same day the twitter account is created. The twitter account hashtags jon2010girls. The YouTube account tags jon2012girls. One of the first views is from jon2012.com. The video looks like all the videos from Huntsman's YouTube account. It contains family footage. Jon Huntsman said his daughters were going to do it on Piers Morgan a couple days prior. The media is all over it, including internet outlets like RedState. His daughters immediately respond to it. Huntsman responds to it. Here is a quote from a HuffPo article: "When The Huffington Post contacted the poster of the video through YouTube to ask why they created the video and whether they had any formal association with the Paul campaign, NHLiberty4Paul replied: 'Sorry, campaign has asked me not to speak to reporters.'" Are are a lot of things weird about it.

thehungarian
01-06-2012, 03:46 PM
kyle (and everyone else), please tweet Weigel a link to this thread and/or a link to the 'evidence' we have. Tweet him everything we got. Heck, while we're at it, we should be tweeting every single journalist who has covered this story what we've found thus far.

Someone has already, he agrees it's a manufactured controversy. FWIW

satchelmcqueen
01-06-2012, 03:47 PM
interesting....

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2012, 03:48 PM
I see a couple of Liberal socialists on the Twitter send list and as well this hash #campusrefom. This may be a college libtard prank, BUT

All in all, GOOGLE will have all the information... UPLOAD, IP, MAC addy, META, etc. Same goes for Twitter with NUmbnuts phony account.

Childish, but FOX and the Networks are not letting it die... FOX was bringing it up every 20 minutes through the first half of the day.

Even Megyn Kelly practiced subduing her "Suppositely" between RON PAUL and Supporters. This Media Bias is ridiculous.

Then FOX brings on Abby Hunstmans-Livingston Jon's daughter to defend dad. :rolleyes:

snapshot for the record

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/HUNTSMAN_FOX_ATTACK_RP.jpg

sailingaway
01-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Do you think Ron's handlers are even sharing with him what we know about this video so that when they ask him about it during the next few interviews, he has a solid answer?

(on a related note, it's stuff like this that worries/frustrates me most since I can't help but feel as though Ron's inner circle doesn't share this stuff from him... i mean, he often seems surprised/unprepared when asked about 'dust ups' like this.... I wish there was a little more clarity from the campaign on how to get them key info - right now, it seems like Doug Wead = grassroots liaison since Collins doesn't appear to have access to anyone senior and/or doesn't really engage or respond to our comments/questions.)

No, I bet they aren't. I forwarded this thread and I also hope they brief Ron.

braane
01-06-2012, 03:57 PM
ROFL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNxWtQU5I4o

:D

Hoax
01-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Its distressing that the Paul campaign is just sitting there and taking these punches. This is the media manufactured Huntsman surge. Its based on a lie, its based on a video put out by the Huntsman campaign. A video the Huntsman campaign knew about before any twitter or youtube referrals.

The Paul campaign should be all over this, they should be pointing out these dirty tricks and attacking Huntsman and the media. Do they not know about this? Are they just flat-footed? It'd be nice to know that they're going to do something about this, rather than just letting the presstitutes spin this story into a 3rd place finish for Ron in New Hampshire.

frickettz
01-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Its distressing that the Paul campaign is just sitting there and taking these punches. This is the media manufactured Huntsman surge. Its based on a lie, its based on a video put out by the Huntsman campaign. A video the Huntsman campaign knew about before any twitter or youtube referrals.

The Paul campaign should be all over this, they should be pointing out these dirty tricks and attacking Huntsman and the media. Do they not know about this? Are they just flat-footed? It'd be nice to know that they're going to do something about this, rather than just letting the presstitutes spin this story into a 3rd place finish for Ron in New Hampshire.

Im sure part of it has to do with the fact that if the Paul campaign feeds into the drama of this non-issue it only helps fuel the Huntsman surge.

WD-NY
01-06-2012, 04:06 PM
No, I bet they aren't. I forwarded this thread and I also hope they brief Ron.

Awesome - does "I forwarded this thread" mean you have a 'contact' within the campaign that has access to Ron (or his inner circle)? That would make me feel 100x better.

A formal 'grassroots-intelligence' team consisting of a few super active/on-point members like yourself = a no brainer in my opinion. Basically, you guys would have a direct line to Doug Wead (or Jessie Benton's assistent, etc.) and be responsible for sending them anything of import that gets posted to RPF (re: breaking news, A+ suggestions/questions, etc.)

Feeding the Abscess
01-06-2012, 04:09 PM
I see a couple of Liberal socialists on the Twitter send list and as well this hash #campusrefom. This may be a college libtard prank, BUT

All in all, GOOGLE will have all the information... UPLOAD, IP, MAC addy, META, etc. Same goes for Twitter with NUmbnuts phony account.

Childish, but FOX and the Networks are not letting it die... FOX was bringing it up every 20 minutes through the first half of the day.

Even Megyn Kelly practiced subduing her "Suppositely" between RON PAUL and Supporters. This Media Bias is ridiculous.

Then FOX brings on Abby Hunstmans-Livingston Jon's daughter to defend dad. :rolleyes:

snapshot for the record

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/HUNTSMAN_FOX_ATTACK_RP.jpg

So conflicted. She looks like a young Alyssa Milano, but her dad is a total douche. Megyn Kelly has seriously screwed up her face with plastic surgery, I should mention.

I have no idea why Benton and Co. didn't take Ron's approach when asked about the stupid Rick Perry newspaper ad earlier in the year.

fade
01-06-2012, 04:09 PM
So conflicted. She looks like a young Alyssa Milano, but her dad is a total douche.

I have no idea why Benton and Co. didn't take Ron's approach when asked about the stupid Rick Perry newspaper ad earlier in the year.

Huntsman's daughter is definitely gorgeous.

Hoax
01-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Im sure part of it has to do with the fact that if the Paul campaign feeds into the drama of this non-issue it only helps fuel the Huntsman surge.

This is the issue the media will be talking about all weekend - no matter what the Paul campaign does. They need to put something out to push back, to change the narrative. And this is a big issue, regarding the Huntsman campaign's dirty tricks and media complicity. That's the issue. That's the issue that needs to be pushed.

ZanZibar
01-06-2012, 04:15 PM

Awesome - does "I forwarded this thread" mean you have a 'contact' within the campaign that has access to Ron (or his inner circle)? That would make me feel 100x better.

A formal 'grassroots-intelligence' team consisting of a few super active/on-point members like yourself = a no brainer in my opinion. Basically, you guys would have a direct line to Doug Wead (or Jessie Benton's assistent, etc.) and be responsible for sending them anything of import that gets posted to RPF (re: breaking news, A+ suggestions/questions, etc.)

Trust me, they know about it.

And if you have stuff like this, send it to Collins, he can apparently get it to the right people.

fatjohn
01-06-2012, 04:23 PM

- - -

wgadget
01-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Maybe Ron will be inquisitioned about it at tomorrow/Sunday's debates?

One would THINK that if there were any real media competition, CNN, MSNBC, or whatever would happily be playing evidence that FOX NEWS is creating a fake story against Ron Paul again.

But, alas, the Ministry of Propaganda is one.

This alone shows how screwed up America's so-called "media" is.

bluesc
01-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Trust me, they know about it.

And if you have stuff like this, send it to Collins, he can apparently get it to the right people.

:toady::toady::toady::toady:

Brian4Liberty
01-06-2012, 04:25 PM
CNN/Blitzer Show just repeated the lie that this video came from a group of Ron Paul supporters, and made it sound like it was somehow connected to the official campaign. These people have no shame, no scruples and no credibility.

Steve-in-NY
01-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Its not an ad. Its a youtube video... that some anonymous person uploaded.

in other news:
Someone wrote stuff on the internet!

non-story is non-story.

Ronulus
01-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Its not an ad. Its a youtube video... that some anonymous person uploaded.

in other news:
Someone wrote stuff on the internet!

non-story is non-story.

except to the msm, it's headline news.

wgadget
01-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Well, this is just another FINE EXAMPLE of the corruption of the Ministry of NON-truth.

Muwahid
01-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Get ready for a hunstman surge guys :rolleyes:

wgadget
01-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Really, though. It may not give Huntsman a SURGE. More like take Ron DOWN.

Isn't that the stated purpose of the Ministry of Non-Truth?

michael6186
01-06-2012, 04:32 PM
This REALLY pisses me off. This is NOT A NEWS STORY! It's a random jerk-off on YouTube.

ohgodno
01-06-2012, 04:32 PM
except to the msm, it's headline news.

Exactly.

Sad part is - there is nothing anyone can do about it… no way to control the narrative now.

Tried ignoring - didn't work
Tried misquoting positions - didn't work
Tried racism - didn't work

Trying guilt by association …

vechorik
01-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Really, though. It may not give Huntsman a SURGE. More like take Ron DOWN.

Isn't that the stated purpose of the Ministry of Non-Truth?

Huntsman is taking advantage of the "attack" to talk about his two adopted daughters (great way to get them into the conversation, huh?)

from the blaze

"“If someone wants to poke fun at me, that’s OK,” Huntsman said, according to the Associated Press. “What I object to is bringing forward pictures and videos of my adopted daughters, and suggesting there is some sinister motive there.”

He said his daughter Gracie, now 12, was abandoned in China when she was two months old and left in a vegetable market.

“She was picked up by the police and sent to an orphanage. No future, nothing to look forward to. Now she’s in my family,” Huntsman said. His daughter Asha, 6, was left to die by the side of a road in India the day she was born."

kylejack
01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Weigel tweet:
https://twitter.com/#!/daveweigel/status/155416688161079296
@daveweigel daveweigel
Seriously, are we going to ignore Paul's newsletters for 4 years, then attack him for a video he didn't frigging make?

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
CNN/Blitzer Show just repeated the lie that this video came from a group of Ron Paul supporters, and made it sound like it was somehow connected to the official campaign. These people have no shame, no scruples and no credibility.I'd sue and subpoena the GOOGLE evidence... email, phone #, etc etc..

after I get the evidence and file a crime report... sandbag the Bitch Biltzer

CAIN, "You believe everything you see on the internet?"

ropo
01-06-2012, 04:38 PM
My local news just teased the story as an "attack ad from Ron Paul", as if he created it....

braane
01-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Weigel tweet:
https://twitter.com/#!/daveweigel/status/155416688161079296
@daveweigel daveweigel
Seriously, are we going to ignore Paul's newsletters for 4 years, then attack him for a video he didn't frigging make?
That pretty much sums it up.

centure7
01-06-2012, 04:41 PM
-Huntsman is making a huge deal out of the video.If this is true, then Huntsman and Santorum both owe us an apology. Is there still a record of that?

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2012, 04:48 PM
this crap result
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1689607235/screen_shot_2_normal.jpg

JimPethokoukis (https://twitter.com/#%21/JimPethokoukis) James Pethokoukis

Finally, the @JonHuntsman (https://twitter.com/#%21/JonHuntsman) surge. Up to 16% in new Franklin Center poll, 2nd to Romney at 37%.

2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/#%21/JimPethokoukis/status/155419524504629248) [/URL] (https://twitter.com/#)[URL="https://twitter.com/#"] (https://twitter.com/#)

RonPaulVolunteer
01-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Just spoke with Doug. The campaign had no idea about any of this. Can someone make a post of ALL the info we have to date so I can send it to Doug please.

ZanZibar
01-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Just spoke with Doug. The campaign had no idea about any of this. Can someone make a post of ALL the info we have to date so I can send it to Doug please.No need to. People on the Campaign read the Forums I am sure.

HOLLYWOOD
Just spoke with Doug. The campaign had no idea about any of this. Can someone make a post of ALL the info we have to date so I can send it to Doug please.WTF? I thought it was clear they would have a WAR ROOM to handle all the garbage, since we all knew this was coming after the 2007-2011 establishment attacks/marginalizations/media spin/ corporate media trash etc

LiveForHonortune
this crap result

I knew, I just knew it...

We should have crushed him but NOPE.

The only thing we have left is the debates and Huntsman always does well there.

WD-NY
That pretty much sums it up.

Srsly, WTF!?

Weigel just had to correct Cindy McCain:

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1205821946/chm_home2_normal.jpg@CindyhM1 (https://twitter.com/#!/CindyhM1)
I deeply resent the video made using the adopted daughters of@johnhuntsman.@ronpaul (https://twitter.com/#!/ronpaul) shame on you. This has shades of 2000 all over it.

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1115611121/Picture_26_normal.png (https://twitter.com/#!/daveweigel)@daveweigel (https://twitter.com/#!/daveweigel)
Ron Paul didn't do it! MT @CindyhM1 (https://twitter.com/#!/CindyhM1): I deeply resent the video made using the adopted daughters of@johnhuntsman.@ronpaul (https://twitter.com/#!/ronpaul) shame on you.

Weigel is responding to tweets that have links to the evidence. He's been out in front of this all day and right now, is our strongest allie in the media (based on how many contacts he has within the 'elite media scene').

TIMB0B
This debunking could be a huge story for Ben Swann's "Reality Check"!

WD-NY
01-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Just spoke with Doug. The campaign had no idea about any of this. Can someone make a post of ALL the info we have to date so I can send it to Doug please.

You = CLUTCH.

RonPaulVolunteer
No need to. People on the Campaign read the Forums I am sure.

Do you want to try reading my post again.

LiveForHonortune
No need to. People on the Campaign read the Forums I am sure.

I really wished this was true. Hell, I want more communication from their campaign, period.

thoughtomator
01-06-2012, 04:55 PM
My local news just teased the story as an "attack ad from Ron Paul", as if he created it....

that video is fast turning into one of the most epic trolling events in the history of the Internet

Hoax
01-06-2012, 04:56 PM

Send them this thread. Christ.

The important part is that the video was known about by jon2012 before any youtube searches or twitter referrals. The stat info on the video shows that.

Edit: And why don't they have someone at the campaign to stay on top of this stuff, someone to watch out for media spin and slander, and then react to it?

LiveForHonortune
01-06-2012, 04:59 PM
that video is fast turning into one of the most epic trolling events in the history of the Internet

I hardly call this trolling. It's just frame, libel, and slander.

Besides, obvious troll is obvious. What kind of moron leaves such a paper trail in the stats? Anyone who can add 2+2 can figure out what really happened.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Send them this thread. Christ.

The important part is that the video was known about by jon2012 before any youtube searches or twitter referrals. The stat info on the video shows that.

Edit: And why don't they have someone at the campaign to stay on top of this stuff, someone to watch out for media spin and slander, and then react to it?

1. Don't use Christ as a cuss at me thanks, I find that highly offensive.
2. I am not sending anyone to read 25 pages, you don't think they have something better to do?
3. I am helping them, you're not helping me!

Deinonychus
01-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Why are all these morons acting like the CAMPAIGN made it? It's so fucking stupid.

guyjohn59
01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't know if there is any solid evidence that Huntsman is connected with the video, but here is what bothers me: The username seems unbelievable. The account is created the same day the video is uploaded, the same day the twitter account is created. One of the first views is from jon2012.com before the video becomes a news story. The video tags jon2012girls in the description and the Twitter account hashtags jon2012girls. The video contains family footage. It looks like the other videos on Huntsman's YouTube account. Huntsman said his daughters were going to release something a few days prior on Piers Morgan. Also, the user of the account NHLibery4Paul told Huffington Post, ""Sorry, campaign has asked me not to speak to reporters." These things put together probably justify some kind of investigation.

Edit: The footage of Huntsman is from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kExJf4254zU
Not exactly a popular video. It's in Chinese and doesn't tag Huntsman.