PDA

View Full Version : Santorum vs. Tea Party - Rick Santorum's "Real Concerns" About The Tea Party

Tyler_Durden
01-06-2012, 09:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLQnoVpkyqc&sns=em

He's really reaching out for broad support from all sides.....

It was posted on the Tea Party Patriots FB Page. Some great anti-Santorum Comments on the post

https://www.facebook.com/teapartypatriots

CaptUSA
01-06-2012, 09:30 AM
WHOA!!! That's what takes him down! That clip in an ad...

"I've got some real concerns about this movement in the Republican party, the Tea Party movement, to sort of re-fashion conservatism. And, um, I will vocally and publicly oppose it and do my best to correct the record."

BAM. Santorum is done. Time to make a quick "serial hypocrisy" type web ad, let the media give it free air time, and move on to Romney, Huntsman, and Gingrich.

slamhead
01-06-2012, 09:31 AM
The neo-cons already "refashioned" the GOP. We are just trying to win it back.

cajuncocoa
01-06-2012, 09:31 AM
He might as well just come out and say that he doesn't trust us to take care of ourselves...that used to be one of the main conservative talking points used against liberals. They certainly have changed, and Reagan and Goldwater must be rolling over in their graves.

jmdrake
01-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Idiot teocons have been fooled into thinking that the person who says he hates mooslums the most is the most conservative.

Drivingrain
01-06-2012, 09:37 AM
with that he completely screwed up the anti-Romney coalition he was trying to build. Seems like very big headline-type news to me.

Feeding the Abscess
01-06-2012, 09:40 AM
‎"government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulations low ... Well, that is not how traditional conservatives view the world"

- Rick Santorum

Good luck, Frothy. You're going to need it.

Sola_Fide
01-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Ohhh...this is good.

matt0611
01-06-2012, 09:42 AM
These attack ads write themselves, my god...
I really hope we see some soon, from any candidate.
Santorum is just begging to be crushed.

FreeTraveler
01-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Does he not realize that most of his votes in Iowa came from people who identify as Tea Party supporters? Go look at the entrance polls (http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/epolls/ia).

This needs to be in a national ad, and it really needs to be pushed in SC.

I tried to post the table but it blew up. He got 30% of the strongly support tea party vote, and 27% of the somewhat support tea party vote, the best of any candidate.

CaptUSA
01-06-2012, 09:59 AM
These attack ads write themselves, my god...
I really hope we see some soon, from any candidate.
Santorum is just begging to be crushed.Well, you know they won't come from Romney... He likes having Santorum as a blocker. Gingrich will only go after Romney. Huntsman may try, but I think he wants to take out Paul.

I think we're going to have to do this.

This should be an easy quick web ad to create by either RevPac or the campaign itself. It won't take much work or money. Just get the ad, and the promotion will work itself.

FreeTraveler
01-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Can somebody clip out the piece of that video from :30 to :47 where he's railing on the tea party, and repost it to YouTube as:

"Santorum Thanks Tea Party for Massive Iowa Support"

seapilot
01-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Perry has the most to gain to run an ad in NH against Santorum. He probably at very least wants to beat Santorum in NH going into SC so he can try to show he is the anti Romney there.

Jerkface
01-06-2012, 10:46 AM
The neo-cons already "refashioned" the GOP. We are just trying to win it back.

Exactly.

Santorum looks like a sctrict, Pentecostal conservative dad who wants to run the country like he does his family. I don't have anything against what he does with family, that's his right. But legislating sub/cultural morality is very dangerous. Even if it was a moral framework in which I agree with, I would not support someone who want to force others to do so.

SonofThunder
01-06-2012, 10:49 AM
He's right about earmarks there. His remarks about the civil rights act and libertarians will do nothing but win him GOP support. Not the best attack clip (although it contains some good snippets.)

Elwar
01-06-2012, 10:53 AM
I still see Santorum as a gift from Iowa.

Tyler_Durden
01-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Can somebody clip out the piece of that video from :30 to :47 where he's railing on the tea party, and repost it to YouTube as:

"Santorum Thanks Tea Party for Massive Iowa Support"

this ^^

FreeTraveler
01-06-2012, 10:55 AM
He's right about earmarks there. His remarks about the civil rights act and libertarians will do nothing but win him GOP support. Not the best attack clip (although it contains some good snippets.)
Agreed, but there's 17 seconds of pure gold in there, from :30 to :47.

Aldanga
01-06-2012, 11:16 AM

JJ2
01-07-2012, 02:04 AM
I hope the campaign sees this.

Lord Xar
01-07-2012, 02:24 AM
wow... that statement about the tea-party movement WILL sink him... just has to be put in an ad.

JJ2
01-07-2012, 02:25 AM
wow... that statement about the tea-party movement WILL sink him... just has to be put in an ad.

Yes, but it needs to be done as soon as possible. Don't even let him get past the NH primary as a viable candidate.

Ironhide
01-07-2012, 02:34 AM
Excellent post JM, the Tea Party was a good thing until it was taken over by neocons.

JJ2
01-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Excellent post JM, the Tea Party was a good thing until it was taken over by neocons.

Such as Santorum? LOL.

fuzzybekool
01-07-2012, 03:08 AM
The Republican Party is finished if Ron Paul does not get the nomination.

parocks
01-07-2012, 03:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLQnoVpkyqc&sns=em

He's really reaching out for broad support from all sides.....

It was posted on the Tea Party Patriots FB Page. Some great anti-Santorum Comments on the post

https://www.facebook.com/teapartypatriots

Interesting clip. He's basically saying 2 things there.

1) He's not a Tea Party Conservative.

2) He likes earmarks

We'd like this clip broken up into 2 sections.

Because we agree with 2). That's basically what Ron Paul is saying about earmarks.

The first section of this clip goes to people who are tea party. This one is called Santorum is not tea party.

The second section of this clip goes to people who like Santorum. This one is called Santorum agrees with Ron Paul on earmarks.

ronpaulitician
01-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Eh. It's clear to me that he's saying, "I've got some real concerns about this movement within the Republican Party and [within] the Tea Party movement to sort of re-fashion conservatism." It can certainly be abused though to make it appear that he has concerns about the Tea Party movement.

parocks
01-07-2012, 04:07 AM
I still see Santorum as a gift from Iowa.

Santorum cannot win the nomination. Because of that, I don't worry so much about where he is in the polls. We're in a fairly good spot right now. I keep hearing "we are doomed if we don't win right away" from some people here. I don't see that, but for all I know it might be true. Months ago, the race was seen as shaping up between the tea party conservative and the establishment RINO. Some people think that all of our opposition will just dissolve. But they're aware how much the media does not like us one bit. The media opposes us 100%, but opposition from other candidates will just vanish, and we'll stroll to the nomination uncontested?

Santorum has passed Gingrich in South Carolina and Perry is in the single digits. Santorum is ahead of Gingrich in New Hampshire. In New Hampshire we're looking at Romney, Paul, Santorum/Huntsman, Gingrich. In South Carolina we're looking at Romney/Santorum, Paul/Gingrich. Same in Florida? Gingrich might start to think about dropping out.

parocks
01-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Eh. It's clear to me that he's saying, "I've got some real concerns about this movement within the Republican Party and [within] the Tea Party movement to sort of re-fashion conservatism." It can certainly be abused though to make it appear that he has concerns about the Tea Party movement.

He most certainly does have problems with the tea party movement. Santorum is a big government social conservative. the tea party is libertarian limited constitutional government conservatism. He believes that true conservatism is big government social conservatism, and does not want the tea party to claim that their political beliefs are conservative. He's describing Ron Paul, and calling the tea party Ron Paul. That's a great clip.

Tyler_Durden
01-07-2012, 04:21 AM
Somebody is working on extracting the tea party clip. It should be posted soon.....

TheTexan
02-12-2012, 10:22 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/12/politics/romney-conservative/index.html

"As conservatives and tea party folks, we are not just wings of the Republican Party," Santorum declared at CPAC, hours before Romney was set to speak. "We are the Republican Party."

http://i.qkme.me/362peo.jpg

Vet_from_cali
02-12-2012, 10:27 PM
RIP tea party, you died once Newt was labeled a member.

lol @ any significance of this