PDA

View Full Version : Race in campaigns

Pauls' Revere
01-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Don't know if anyone else has noticed but with every GOP candidate there has been an instance or issue regarding race. Specifically African Americans in one way or fashion and not toward any other ethnicity. For example, Herman Cain had his alleged sex scandal, Perry had a instance with a derogatory term on a rock at a ranch, Paul has the newsletters, Santorum was saying "blah(k) people" in a speech, Gingrich is calling for blacks to demand paychecks, and I think Bachman had some thing too. So, is this as prevalent in the GOP as in the general population? Is this simply a media obssesion during presidential campaigns and it shows more? Is this more nefarious than we imagine? what gives? I would like to hear others opinions on this especially any minorities in the forums. It just seems wierd to me that race or some inflamatory incident rears its ugly head. Perhaps im blowing this all out of proportion. I would like to believe that we as a nation have moved passed this but perhaps we need more time.

:confused: