PDA

View Full Version : Freedom to Fascism- should it stay or go?

SwordOfShannarah
11-09-2007, 05:41 PM
We've got some opinions floating around. Lets take a vote. I'll be posting a few polls so please look for them if you want your voice to be heard.

sketch
11-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Awesome, infomative video, but totally wrong for this website. It's too long and the goal is to inform people about Ron Paul. If anything, I could see using just the clip of the RP interview from the video.

FreeTraveler
11-09-2007, 05:46 PM
One introducing Ron Paul - I suggest Hope for America, it's the most uplifting I've seen.

One introducing the TeaParty. This one (http://youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M), again, because it's uplifting. We want people to feel GOOD so that they want to donate.

As I posted on another thread:

Don't try to educate ANYBODY about ANYTHING when you're trying to get them to give you money. Don't muddle the message! At most, add a link from the main page to other educational information, but don't let your visitor get sidetracked! This site has one purpose; to get someone to type their address in that little box. All other issues are secondary distractions from the intended goal.

If we're not VERY careful, we're going to end up with an elephant, otherwise known as a mouse designed by committee!

ShowMeLiberty
11-09-2007, 05:46 PM
It's a good video for the already-convinced. Looks like tin foil hat time to the average person.

Dustancostine
11-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Awesome, infomative video, but totally wrong for this website. It's too long and the goal is to inform people about Ron Paul. If anything, I could see using just the clip of the RP interview from the video.

ditto

Skeeterbug73
I think it is a very interesting video but I'm just afraid it might scare away new people.

Brad Zink
Yes, it should stay.

I can tell you from firsthand experience that Aaron Russo's film has woken up many of the members of my Meetup group in addition to thousands of people around America. The film will give many people that visit your site a more in-depth look at how the Federal Reserve and the banking establishment have corrupted our beloved Republic.

Brian Bailey
11-09-2007, 05:48 PM
I think it should go.

If they get involved enough to truly care about that sort of thing, we will certainly let them know about it when they find us.

ronpaulyourmom
11-09-2007, 05:51 PM
I think it should go, and I think doing a bunch of polls like this is a great Idea Trevor. Keep it up!

paulitics
11-09-2007, 05:53 PM
It can stay, but put in a few more videos to make it 1/5 of the site, not 50%.

hard@work
11-09-2007, 05:53 PM
The movie has very reputable people on the fight against the IRS. I'd say the RFID stuff is troublesome but I think it's necessary to bring the point home on "papers please?". I understand that we have an underlying culture of fear when it comes to anything not endorsed by offline media as fact however. I'd say we are teetering away from that as online media is taking the place of informing the public.

NewEnd
11-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Its too long.
If you can find a quick 2 minute breather on teh fed, go for it.
A good one I watched,w as a guy explaining why a silver quarter was still worth $2.50, and could still buy a tank of gas, jsut like it did 60 years ago, when gas was 25 cents a gallon.

Its very powerful, and very simple, and only 3 minutes, and he does a good job of keeping the viewers attention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPwZ-wQFFu8

More feel good Paul is ths shizzit stuff.

But not a new hope. A new hope has that mormon thing.
Maybe an aravath vid.

bjpolyamorous
11-09-2007, 05:58 PM
It should go. This video should be included in its place. I love it. It makes me want to donate money I don't have. http://youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M

NewEnd
11-09-2007, 06:01 PM
That si a great video too, (the tea party one)

livinglegend
11-09-2007, 06:01 PM
It should go.

The media looks for anything it can use to smear campaigns with, and this just gives them reason to claim that Dr. Paul's supporters are tinfoil-hat types.

Shink
11-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Stay. Aaron Russo was a patriot and an ally that should be remembered. Stop handwringing. It's every little thing with some people here---THAT is what tarnishes this site, "I don't know, you guys..." threads.

wisconsinite
11-09-2007, 06:31 PM
I originally voted yes, but now I think that it's pobably too long. How about using a short clip from the movie that makes a good point. Such as the part with the man running on the treadmill while all the types of tax are listed on the screen.

LibertyEagle
11-09-2007, 06:33 PM
No, please.

sroll2237
11-09-2007, 06:37 PM
It should definitely go, we need to grab the average mainstream voter and that is best done by videos and the views of Ron Paul. This video will scare away people, and yes, it has a tin foil hat feel. Take it out please and replace it with one about Ron Paul.

Jobarra
11-09-2007, 06:40 PM
No. If people are excited by Ron Paul, I think they will eventually find that video if they want to see it. Posting it on a site that is trying to get the average voter who hasn't read up on alot of the stuff in the video will turn them off.

manny
11-09-2007, 06:42 PM
It's a good video for the already-convinced. Looks like tin foil hat time to the average person.

Sums it up very well. To many even using the word fascism is seen as odd. Those who think along these lines probably already know of Paul and will donate on the day. The key is to get others.

I said on the other poll thread that his peaceful foreign policy could be his strongest card to play. Or his record as a doctor and congressman. To many people these "personality" issues are of more importance when voting I think.

This does not represent a half-hearted measure. Paul's stance on the war, civil liberties, the rule of law, immigration reform etc are emotional subjects that will pull people in.

max
11-09-2007, 06:46 PM
what is with you friggin girlie men????

Freedom to fascism is an aweseom educational flick..

again...STOP LIVING IN FEAR OF THE MEDIA

Shaunathan
11-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Freedom to fascism should go, and be replaced by this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M

max
11-09-2007, 06:49 PM
I DONT CARER WHAT THE MAJORITY HERE SAYS..."DEMOCRACY" (IE MOB RULE) IS WHAT GOT THIS NATION INTO SHIT..

Use you own wisdom and judgement...dont allow the mob here to sway you. Do whats smart and right....not what the handwringing majority thinks..

Shink
11-09-2007, 06:50 PM
what is with you friggin girlie men????

Freedom to fascism is an aweseom educational flick..

again...STOP LIVING IN FEAR OF THE MEDIA

Seriously. "Patriot Aaron Russo? B-but..." Cut it out. It should stay.

manny
11-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Freedom to fascism should go, and be replaced by this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3M2D3V94M

WOW!!! That's an awesome video! Really makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up :p

Thomas Adams
11-09-2007, 07:01 PM
To long? Use the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo61EI8guSU

Ron Paul on Freedom To Fascism:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkOyO9R3lgY

Keep it.

GHoeberX
11-09-2007, 07:22 PM
I think it should go.

monotony
11-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I can't get to the site so I can't see how it is situated, but I would not have the entire movie prominent on the site. I would put a link to "Videos of Interest" and have Money Masters, Zeitgeist part 3 (The Federal Reserve), and Freedom to Fascism.

I liked what someone said about that part in freedom to fascism about the guy on the hamster wheel and it showing all the taxes we are required to pay. I couldn't believe it when I saw that list, and the emphasis of this fund raiser is TAXES. The Tea Party video is a really good advertisement and should be somewhere on the site, but I think there should be a list or enumeration of all the taxes we pay. That would really emphasize the theme and galvanize a lot of Americans behind rebelling against it.

LibertyEagle
11-09-2007, 08:58 PM
I can't get to the site so I can't see how it is situated, but I would not have the entire movie prominent on the site. I would put a link to "Videos of Interest" and have Money Masters, Zeitgeist part 3 (The Federal Reserve), and Freedom to Fascism.

Please do not do this. For one, Money Masters does not correspond to what Dr. Paul believes. The maker of MM is pro fiat currency. Dr. Paul is not.

If we must post videos, please just show ones that are of Dr. Paul. Otherwise, we are just trying to put words in his mouth and that, we do not want to do.

Please stop it with the conspiracy theory stuff. This will not help our cause. Let Dr. Paul speak for himself.

James R
11-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Its a great video, for those who already like Ron Paul. The first video the website visitors should see in my opinion is an introduction to Paul. So, just move that really good video further down the page.

*edit* I just realize I was assuming "freedom to fascism" was the first video on the page. But, now I realize it most likely is not! So, which video do you mean?

Menthol Patch
11-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Freedom to Fascism is a GREAT movie.

MozoVote
11-09-2007, 09:02 PM
I voted no, but I don't think a 2 minute clip about the IRS would inappropriate, considering this is the anniversary of a tax protest. But even so, just leave that as one choice on the video "wheel".

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
11-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Dump that crap. This is a grassroots movement for Dr. Paul, not a platform to spread our individual beliefs.
If anything, show the video of Beranke getting spanked by Ronnie.

IKaNeI
11-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Dump that crap. This is a grassroots movement for Dr. Paul, not a platform to spread our individual beliefs.

Agree 100%, best to put up a video that has Dr. Paul talking.

Also voted No.

James R
11-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I DONT CARER WHAT THE MAJORITY HERE SAYS..."DEMOCRACY" (IE MOB RULE) IS WHAT GOT THIS NATION INTO SHIT..

Use you own wisdom and judgement...dont allow the mob here to sway you. Do whats smart and right....not what the handwringing majority thinks..

Max, I totally disagree with that. It is very possible to both listen to what everyone else has to say and use your own judgement to make the ultimate decision. It would be foolish to assume you should always go with your gut and never pay attention to what others are saying. In fact, I disagree that mob rule got us into Iraq... it was a handful of neocons. I don't like majority rule either, but I like collecting a consensus and listening carefully before making a decision.

Son of Freedom
11-09-2007, 09:10 PM
No, something along the New Hope video is more in line with mainstream America. We need to grow, not reinforce our own knowledge.

Mav
11-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Take the video off the site or I will not support it. When Russo is running for President you can put it on his money bomb site.

literatim
11-09-2007, 10:15 PM

I agree on this. I am a fan of the movie, but I think this movie shouldn't be on the website.

austin356
11-09-2007, 10:21 PM
I love the movie, though voted no.

What about just putting the trailer up there? It was a pretty good video.

But, if it got switched out in lieu of the trailer, or left up there as is, it should with no doubt be taken down before the press starts frequenting the site. What is on the site shapes the opinions of those who report, and we are already seen as fringe.

Energy
11-09-2007, 10:21 PM
No, something along the New Hope video is more in line with mainstream America. We need to grow, not reinforce our own knowledge.

New Hope video without the polygamy bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAHEPjrqPg4

austin356
11-09-2007, 10:25 PM
New Hope video without the polygamy bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAHEPjrqPg4

That reminds me; Where is eLib3rty?

eLiberty or aravoth really need to make a good video for this Teaparty.

Wayne Hammond
11-09-2007, 10:41 PM
I voted to take it off.

But I do agree that Aaron's film is an eye-opener and very educational.

But we are trying to quickly attract new supporters here and get them on board. The average American does not have the patience (or sometimes the attention span) to sit down and view an hour-long video. Videos on teaparty07.com should be short, more focused on Ron Paul himself, and positive.

Also, we have to be somewhat careful here. Aaron Russo was a strong supporter of Alex Jones (the radio host from infowars.com), and Trevor was interviewed by Alex Jones recently... Jones (along with a some people here) lean towards the "9-11 Truthers" movement, which claims that 9-11 was an "inside job". Even if we agree with that, that is not the position of Ron Paul... and we should not create an impression that Dr. Paul supports the concept that "9-11 was an inside job".

I personally agree with 95% of what Alex Jones and Aaron Russo have promoted. But you know what? I came to those conclusions slowly, only after investigating the evidence myself. I did not come to those conclusions by viewing one video - and had I viewed Russo's film two years ago, prior to investigating this stuff myself, I probably would have thought that he was a nut-job.

So all that to say that people must come to the realization of the new world order-type stuff gradually. Most of our target audience will not be able to stomach a full frontal assault, such as the one that America: Freedom to Fascism presents, even if it is the truth.

Just some thoughts.

cero
11-09-2007, 10:43 PM

I Agree 100% on this, come on please its about what Dr.Paul believes not you!
damn I was pissed when I saw that on the site....

Mav
11-09-2007, 10:50 PM
The post above seals the deal for me. If he can find the linkage you can bet the linkage will be noted in the first paragraph of every story about December 16th.

I would rather December 16th fail than have all 35,000 donors, including me, directly associated with the notion that September 11th was an inside job.

Ron Paul does not support that position and neither do I. Count me out.

Your position is accomplishing the WRONG goal. You are driving supporters away.

You may say "go ahead and go." To that, all I can say is Paul is only polling at 5% today. And if more negative publicity is perpetrated by his supporters you're going to see that number fall real fast. And that won't get Paul in the White House. You'll only marginalize yourselves and your candidate even further. Period.

futureinmind
11-09-2007, 10:53 PM
I love this documentary, but the media would spin it.

LibertyEagle
11-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Ok, the poll thus far is 74 votes in favor of removing it and 25 opposed. Please remove the video!

Thomas Adams
11-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Take the video off the site or I will not support it. When Russo is running for President you can put it on his money bomb site.

The man is dead, and during his life contributed more to this movement than most ever will.

Unreal, the disrespect you have.

Watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnHQgwn8rNE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jztnHSm1rzQ

LibertyEagle
11-09-2007, 10:59 PM
The post above seals the deal for me. If he can find the linkage you can bet the linkage will be noted in the first paragraph of every story about December 16th.

I would rather December 16th fail than have all 35,000 donors, including me, directly associated with the notion that September 11th was an inside job.

Ron Paul does not support that position and neither do I. Count me out.

Your position is accomplishing the WRONG goal. You are driving supporters away.

You may say "go ahead and go." To that, all I can say is Paul is only polling at 5% today. And if more negative publicity is perpetrated by his supporters you're going to see that number fall real fast. And that won't get Paul in the White House. You'll only marginalize yourselves and your candidate even further. Period.

Hang on, Mav. From the poll, I think they will be removing it. At least I hope so.

Wayne Hammond
11-09-2007, 11:01 PM
I love this documentary, but the media would spin it.

In fairness, even Dr. Paul himself was interviewed by Alex Jones a couple of weeks ago. Sure enough, later on in an mainstream press interview, the interviewer tried to link him to the "911 was an inside job"-crowd as a result. Dr. Paul then had to defend his decision to appear on Jones' show. But the damage was done - many people who heard the interview undoubtedly thought "gee, is Ron Paul one of those conspiracy nuts?"

The press will take any opportunity to attack Ron Paul. We just have to be careful not to give them free ammunition.

Gimme Some Truth
11-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Russo is missed . No doubt about that.

However. FtF gets into NWO stuff that is an instant turn off really. I dont care whether its true or not, it will turn off mainstream people.

Showing the videos of Ron giving it to Bernanke is much more ideal . It shows Ron in action, practicing what he preaches.

Thomas Adams
11-09-2007, 11:05 PM
I voted to take it off.

Also, we have to be somewhat careful here. Aaron Russo was a strong supporter of Alex Jones (the radio host from infowars.com), and Trevor was interviewed by Alex Jones recently... Jones (along with a some people here) lean towards the "9-11 Truthers" movement, which claims that 9-11 was an "inside job". Even if we agree with that, that is not the position of Ron Paul... and we should not create an impression that Dr. Paul supports the concept that "9-11 was an inside job".

Paul was featured in Jones' film Matrix of Evil, and interviewed countless times by Jones.

Connecting Paul to 9/11 truth via Jones via Russo is a weak argument. to get AFTF off the site...

Watch this short clip of AFTF and then come back... this vid should be up on the site... not the whole movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo61EI8guSU

Wayne Hammond
11-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Paul was featured in Jones' film Matrix of Evil, and interviewed countless times by Jones.

Connecting Paul to 9/11 truth via Jones via Russo is a weak argument. to get AFTF off the site...

Agreed. It is a weak argument. But the press won't see it that way and you can be sure that when Dr. Paul's poll numbers start elevating beyond 7%, they will be looking for anything they can to take him down.

Fox McCloud
11-09-2007, 11:18 PM
I think the video should stay, but it should be put in a special section that relates to current world events/economic policies/why some of us support Ron's beliefs.

Ron, after all, does believe in a few so called "conspiracy theories"...but there's a couple that he also doesn't believe in or doesn't think there's enough evidence for...it's these that it's best not to mention to people (better yet, win them over without "conspiracy theories" whether their true or not.......the exception being if someone's distrustful of the government to begin with).

edit:
I personally agree with 95% of what Alex Jones and Aaron Russo have promoted. But you know what? I came to those conclusions slowly, only after investigating the evidence myself. I did not come to those conclusions by viewing one video - and had I viewed Russo's film two years ago, prior to investigating this stuff myself, I probably would have thought that he was a nut-job.

precisely! I'm in the same exact boat as you....when you shake what's been established as "fact" for years, it usually has the effect of making people skeptical....5 years ago, if you told me half of this stuff, I'd say that it was just a bunch of made up crap conspiracy theories designed to instigate fear. Now? Nope...but that's because, like you, I started investigating stuff and talking to people..

I still say the video should stay...it should just have a special section for that sort of thing.

mfoley1
11-09-2007, 11:34 PM
although this video is what turned me onto Paul in the first place, I think its out of place on this particular site.

NH4RonPaul
11-09-2007, 11:47 PM
When are you people going to learn NOT TO MIX ISSUES??????

And the next money bomb is not teaparty07 it's

http://www.thisnovember11th.com

moberley
11-09-2007, 11:59 PM
I voted against keeping the video because, regardless of the validity of its claims, Russo's video is divisive. I think it's a proven fact that a significant number of people who agree on Ron Paul disagree strongly on this film. The goal of the TeaParty07 project is mass involvement and therefore this doesn't really help. I would advise following the example of Ron Paul himself: keep your message as simple as possible.

Mav
11-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Wouldn't it be better if we were having a lively and intelligent discussion of Ron Paul's monetary policy than wasting our time in dozens of threads talking about a dead guy's controversial movie about the (non)existence of an income tax law?

What do you think the average voter will take from the Teaparty website, as is? I'll tell you. They'll be talking about the Russo video. Some will like it. Some will hate it and turn away. Everyone will talk about it and Ron Paul's message will get drowned out. Hell, we are supporters and ALL we're talking about is that fucking video. Get rid of it so we can focus on the issues instead of wasting our time with this.

beerista
11-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Good movie. Too bad the title is going to turn off so many of its most likely audience before they even watch it.

truthbetold
11-10-2007, 12:16 AM

Absolutely, The message must be simple, Write it for a 5th grader with ADD.
Simple, Short, and Emotional enough to drive to action.

I really like "Stop Dreaming", that can bring any red blooded American to tears. Very moving video and short.

Dale

Flirple
11-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Even though I agree with their overall conclusion that movie is laced with deceptive editing and logical fallacies. I wreaks of fringe conspiracy propaganda. Especially the hatchet job they did with the editing for Ron's interview.

It will only reinforce they stereotype that we are paranoid fringe group.

jmf866
11-10-2007, 12:27 AM
AFTF is definitely one of the best. But it has GOT TO GO! I'm sorry, but the Nov 5th website was just for us. Nobody knew about it until the money bomb dropped. Now, the tea party website is for the world. And they are watching closely. When I email my aunts and uncles to look at this site, they will watch the video and say "hell no, you guys are a bunch of insane moonbats!" And they'll never consider Ron Paul again.

Perry
11-10-2007, 12:29 AM
I wonder how many who voted actually watched the video? Anyone who votes without due diligence is doing a disservice.

mtmedlin
11-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Ive seen the video, I watched the whole thing. I cant say I agree with Russo because some of what he quotes is out of context. Overall, it may be great for the movement but PLEASE do not use it on the site. we have already had one succesful money bomb and the media attempted to slander it with the Guy association. Does it suck that they will do it again, yes but why give them the ammunition. Christ sakes, its just stupid to continue to give ammunition to those that will shoot you. One thing that I did learn from Anita Andrews (the one you all love to hate) is that the hardcore people that we have hear represent about 10% of the voting population. Now is the time to get the other 90%. I just dont think that his video helps get those people. Average Ameica isnt ready to take the pill and wake up. Let them get used to the idea with a Ron Paul presidency instead of a force feeding that they will reject.

mfoley1
11-10-2007, 12:41 AM
yea, id say with 76% saying it needs to go, it needs to go.

Wayne Hammond
11-10-2007, 12:48 AM
When I email my aunts and uncles to look at this site, they will watch the video and say "hell no, you guys are a bunch of insane moonbats!" And they'll never consider Ron Paul again.

"insane moonbats"! :p Love that phrase!

'Ya gotta love Russo's film, but it's only for those who have swallowed "the red pill" (ie- people who's eyes have already been opened).

Give the film to a bunch of blue-pill takers and they will indeed call us all "insane moonbats" on CNN Headline news.

moberley
11-10-2007, 12:50 AM
My opinion on videos on the site would be to have either a clip of Ron Paul at a House Financial Services Committee meeting (the most recent one is very good and direct) or a creative compilation of Ron Paul discussing policy and some clips from the committee.

You are after all promoting a political candidate who is at his best when speaking about economics in my opinion.

literatim
11-10-2007, 01:01 AM
My opinion on videos on the site would be to have either a clip of Ron Paul at a House Financial Services Committee meeting (the most recent one is very good and direct) or a creative compilation of Ron Paul discussing policy and some clips from the committee.

You are after all promoting a political candidate who is at his best when speaking about economics in my opinion.

That would be a much better one than the Fascism to Freedom.

Jobarra
11-10-2007, 01:03 AM
I wonder how many who voted actually watched the video? Anyone who votes without due diligence is doing a disservice.
Actually, considering I voted not based on watching it but at how it was received at more 'mainstream' sites, I would say I have a unique opinion to add to the vote in reference to the teaparty07 site, not just my emotional state after watching the film.

Flirple
11-10-2007, 01:27 AM
It's not like we have a shortage of compelling RP youtube videos or anything.

20cc0
11-10-2007, 01:35 AM
:-/

Mav
11-10-2007, 01:44 AM
I liked the film.

If you want the media to talk about the film (and most all mainstream media will label it very controversial) then keep it.

If you want the media to talk about Ron Paul's monetary policy them remove the movie.

Energy
11-10-2007, 01:51 AM
Hi there people,

I am shocked by what I'm reading.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
(Usually thought to come from Voltaire, either way it says something important, i think)

I respect your opinion and I will defend to the death your right to say it.

The consensus is that having the video will turn off mainstream voters and give ammunition for the media - there's no question. It's not "being afraid of the establishment" or what people think. It's being aware of the horrible cost-benefit ratio that it is based on our knowledge of the audience...there's little to gain and a ton to lose, so why risk the campaign?!

The internet crowd will probably not mind but it's the mainstream voters we need, and we need everyone we can get. Having the connection to 'Truthers' alienates the majority of mainstream voters - it's just the way it is. We have a lot stacked against us, so why make it harder to WIN more voters?

The recent RP videos of him intelligently talking about our financial situation (e.g. falling dollar, un-backed currency) is infinitely more suited. 'Stop Dreaming' deals with income tax.

Jobarra
11-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Hmmm... let me put it this way. Instead of Freedom, say we're selling a car.

Ex. 1(no video): You walk into the dealership. The dealer walks you through all the benefits of the car. Takes you on a test drive. Let's you decide on the benefits after giving you a sales pitch. Then, once your interested, he takes you back to the financial person who starts trying to add more things to the loan that you don't need.

Ex. 2(with video): You walk into the dealership. The dealer doesn't bother with a sales pitch to you, he just takes you right to the financial person who starts adding all sorts of stuff onto the loan.

With example 1, people might still walk out because they don't believe in those things being offered, but they'll probably still have a nice opinion of the car.

With example 2, more people walk out. While there might be some who knew all about the benefits of the car beforehand and did not need the salesman to make the choice to buy it, the majority of people would be put off by this as they don't know the value of the car. They would also be more likely to spread negative goodwill about the dealership. "Don't go there, they're really pushy and their cars are terrible"

Flirple
11-10-2007, 02:01 AM
I can tell you I won't be sending my friends and family (who aren't RP fanatics already) to that website if that movie is there. It's just a practical reality. We can make the same points with other RP videos and links to his writings etc.

chrismatthews
11-10-2007, 03:32 AM
Hi there people,

I am shocked by what I'm reading.

For your consideration is the little note I sent to Trevor Lyman.

My advice for you all is to accept what you are a part of.
This is a diverse group and that is why we'll win this election.
How effective can a movement be if everyone is too afraid to seen with a person of differing opinion?

Respectfully, the purpose of the site is to further build momentum and raise money for Dr Paul, wouldn't you agree?

If you do agree, the choice of movies becomes much simpler, you want shortish, uplifting movies that outline the positive points of paul's campaign.

There are two very good teaparty07 movies that both accomplish this, Stop Dreaming i think falls into this category, as well as several other great shorts of Dr. Paul.

The purpose of the site is to drive revenue and peak interest. The purpose is not to educate the potential voter. There are a diverse number of medias available to anyone that wants to learn more about Dr. Paul.

I'm not basing my opinion on media blowback, im basing my opinion on maximizing this efforts effect.

Dr. Paul could go on a tirade about warmongering neocon fascist etc.. during a debate and trust me, that would harpoon his entire candidacy. It would have no reflection on the truth of the statements, it would simply demonstrate a complete lack of statesmanship.

As you watch the new press that Dr. Paul is getting, he has been offered several opportunities to bash on his oponents personally, and at each opportunity he sticks to principaled policy arguments.

No matter the bait laid out before him HE STAYS ON MESSAGE.

Assume we have 30 seconds of a potential voters time, driven to the site by mention on the media. How are we going to peak that voters interest in Dr. Paul's message?

That should be the metric used to determine what best to put on the site.(or, i should say, to suggest putting on the site, because end all be all Trevor is the one pulling the trigger.)

In my humble opinion, the best strategy we can employ is the same strategy that Dr. Paul himself employs, STAY ON MESSAGE.

Selling Dr. Paul as a great candidate is much easier than trying to educate a variety of the population about the sins of government.

LFOD
11-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Look I'm sorry to pop the bubble of anyone who thinks there's any validity whatsoever to the suggestion in the movie that there is "no law" that says we have to pay an income tax, but there most certainly is. I'd be embarrassed to show that video to a potential RP supporter. It's false.

Wayne Hammond
11-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Look I'm sorry to pop the bubble of anyone who thinks there's any validity whatsoever to the suggestion in the movie that there is "no law" that says we have to pay an income tax, but there most certainly is. I'd be embarrassed to show that video to a potential RP supporter. It's false.

Please let's just drop this discussion. Trevor has taken the video off the site. It's no longer an issue.

Now the issue is fine-tuning things and promoting the site.

Thanks.

cero
11-10-2007, 11:15 AM
GET rid off the .org SITE we dont need it