PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul hammers Gingrich in South Carolina mailer

bluesc
01-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Get the campaign more money for more ads in SC!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (CNN) - Ron Paul’s campaign is flooding South Carolina mailboxes with a letter calling Newt Gingrich a “counterfeit conservative.”

The five-page mailing, given to CNN by a Republican who received it this week, also attacks Rick Perry’s immigration record and dings Mitt Romney’s “flip-flops on abortion” and his support for “state-run health care” in Massachusetts.

But Gingrich, a former House Speaker vying with Paul for conservative votes, is the main target.

As in 2008, the Paul campaign has waged the most aggressive South Carolina mail campaign of any Republican candidate. The latest mailer is at least the fourth one sent out in the state under the candidate’s name.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/06/ron-paul-hammers-gingrich-in-south-carolina-mailer/

dante
01-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Donate to the official campaign. Their mailings are cheaper than the super brochure.

Also I love how in the mailing Dr. Paul makes sure to mention that he won't be cutting a single penny from retirements benefits / social security. And how he gets more money from the troops than everyone else combined.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/01/06/ron.paul.letter.pdf

bluesc
01-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Donate to the official campaign. Their mailings are cheaper than the super brochure.

And the superbrouchure sucks, and is probably making a lot of people decide not to vote for Ron. It's way too broad and lists about 50 things, one of which could scare people off. Shame they have already blanketed SC with the superbrochure.

walt
01-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Focusing on Gingrich is purely stupid. His massive attack against Romney is going to make him look angry and childish.

I'd rather 1000 people on the ground doing small things to talk to real voters, this is what is actually priceless.

bluesc
01-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Focusing on Gingrich is purely stupid. His massive attack against Romney is going to make him look angry and childish.

I'd rather 1000 people on the ground doing small things to talk to real voters, this is what is actually priceless.

Oh look, walt disapproves of something the campaign is doing, I never saw that coming.

matt0611
01-06-2012, 08:28 AM

Gingrich takes a lot of the anti-Romney vote in SC, its a good idea to attack him...

matt0611
01-06-2012, 08:28 AM

Gingrich takes a lot of the anti-Romney vote in SC, its a good idea to attack him...

RonPaulFanInGA
01-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Gingrich again? This is starting to feel as if someone at Ron Paul's campaign is making decisions based on some petty thing against Gingrich, instead of political reasoning. Why did the campaign attack Gingrich so fast in Iowa, but let Romney skate? Why is the campaign still bombarding the already sinking ship of Gingrich, instead of the two current threats: Romney and Santorum? Especially Santorum, as it appears he's the 'not-Romney' now.

The campaign needs to go after Santorum, with the same level of intensity and ferocity it has gone after Gingrich. Back up the attacks on Santorum with some of that thirteen million. There can be only one 'not-Romney.'

bluesc
01-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Gingrich again? This is starting to feel as if someone at Ron Paul's campaign is making decisions based on some petty thing against Gingrich, instead of political reasoning. Why did the campaign attack Gingrich so fast in Iowa, but let Romney skate? Why is the campaign hitting the sinking ship instead of the two current threats: Romney and Santorum? Especially Santorum, as he's the 'not-Romney' now, it appears.

The campaign needs to go after Santorum, with the same level of intensity and ferocity it has gone after Gingrich. Back up the attacks on Santorum with some of that thirteen million.

They test this stuff and their ads worked perfectly in Iowa. I'm guessing the campaign is attempting a safe 2nd in SC as they are in NH. It sucks that they aren't being more aggressive, but the campaign has already said they aren't going after the same people that Romney is.

Created4
01-06-2012, 08:36 AM
They test this stuff and their ads worked perfectly in Iowa.

You don't know that. Romney spent way more money attacking Gingrich, and gets all the credit for bringing him down. If they had spent more effort convincing people that Ron Paul as a president would result in a safer America, which what they need to do with social conservatives, they probably would have won Iowa. Let Romney use his big money to attack Gingrich.

NIU Students for Liberty
01-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Gingrich again? This is starting to feel as if someone at Ron Paul's campaign is making decisions based on some petty thing against Gingrich, instead of political reasoning. Why did the campaign attack Gingrich so fast in Iowa, but let Romney skate? Why is the campaign still bombarding the already sinking ship of Gingrich, instead of the two current threats: Romney and Santorum? Especially Santorum, as it appears he's the 'not-Romney' now.

The campaign needs to go after Santorum, with the same level of intensity and ferocity it has gone after Gingrich. Back up the attacks on Santorum with some of that thirteen million. There can be only one 'not-Romney.'

Gingrich still has a lot of clout in South Carolina but yeah, I wish they replaced Perry with Santorum as a target instead.

bluesc
01-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Gingrich still has a lot of clout in South Carolina but yeah, I wish they replaced Perry with Santorum as a target instead.

Absolutely. Santorum is tied with Gingrich for 2nd in SC right now.

bluesc
01-06-2012, 08:39 AM
You don't know that. Romney spent way more money attacking Gingrich, and gets all the credit for bringing him down. If they had spent more effort convincing people that Ron Paul as a president would result in a safer America, which what they need to do with social conservatives, they probably would have won Iowa. Let Romney use his big money to attack Gingrich.

Of course the media gave Romney all the credit. The Serial Hypocrisy is the best attack ad I've seen in a very long time. It worked.

tempest
01-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Santorum is tied with Gingrich for 2nd in SC right now.That's good news.

It means Grinch is not having a "walk in the park".

Remember that very recently Grinch was ahead of everyone in SC by similar margin as Romney is ahead in NH

eugenekop
01-06-2012, 08:43 AM
How many delegates are there in SC? According to Wikipedia they were penalized and have only 25 delegates.

Badger for Paul
01-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Do people actually read 5-page political mailings?

bluesc
01-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Do people actually read 5-page political mailings?

Yes.

Cody1
01-06-2012, 08:59 AM
How about the Debbie downers lay off the campaign. I LIVE in Columbia, SC and the kind of Newt Support here is irrational. I see more newt/Perry road signs than anything else. Newt isn't dead yet.

JenH88
01-06-2012, 03:01 PM
How about the Debbie downers lay off the campaign. I LIVE in Columbia, SC and the kind of Newt Support here is irrational. I see more newt/Perry road signs than anything else. Newt isn't dead yet.

Exactly! But when you actually talk to voters- most are completely open to our message. I've lived in Ohio and Illinois, and NEVER have I ran into SO MANY people who love Ron. Seriously. We aren't polling high, because everyone's apathetic. Most of the blue collared folk down here don't trust any politicians. South Carolina is prime hunting ground for us, yet it's being treated as a passover. Boots to the ground.

I have to say though, after only seeing Perry/Newt signs scattered about, and only Perry ads. Starting to see the Paul signs and ads(!!) are such a welcomed fresh air. The vets and patient's ad are really perfect for down here. The campaign picking up, and the 'electability' factor fading away- we are prime for a 2nd place finish. PUSH!