PDA

View Full Version : RCP: Can Ron Paul Win New Hampshire? (Yes)

bobbyw24
01-06-2012, 05:07 AM
http://images.rcp.realclearpolitics.com/115918_5_.jpg

Unlike Mitt Romney, I am not a betting man. But if I were, I might go to Intrade right now and bet a bundle that Ron Paul will win the New Hampshire primary. The bettors there give that an 10 percent chance of happening, which would make for a pretty good payday.

Ron Paul can win New Hampshire because he can win the Iowa caucuses. (Intraders give Paul's Iowa victory a 40 percent chance.) New Hampshirites have never felt it necessary to follow the Iowa caucus-goers, but the dynamics of the race make their state a likely second pickup.

If those two unexpected events do occur, then all hell will rain down upon the Paulistas. The GOP establishment will throw everything including the kitchen sink, the garage door opener, and two dozen pair of oversized baboon dentures at Paul to keep him from becoming the nominee. But I am getting ahead of myself.

Congressman Paul can win Iowa because the race is divided there but his supporters are not. He already came a crazy close second at the Iowa Straw Poll, a fact that Jon Stewart highlighted as television journalists strained mightily to ignore it.

Iowa was never going to be a strong state for Romney, so he decided not to vigorously contest it. Now Paul, Rick Perry, Michele Bachmann and Newt Gingrich are fighting over that bone.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/12/19/can_ron_paul_win_new_hampshire_112436.html

PauliticsPolitics
01-06-2012, 05:10 AM
Old article from December 19th, I guess relevant enough...

bobbyw24
01-06-2012, 05:12 AM

Yes-but showed up at the top of the page for a while.

He didn't "win" Iowa, but some in the MSM are entertaining the idea.

LiveForHonortune
01-06-2012, 05:14 AM
I'm really worried about Huntsman.

He hasn't been vetted and we know how disasterous that is.

By ignoring them, it is INCREDIBLY costly. Sure, right now Huntsman is polling around 8-10% but remember Santorum used to also be around 4% in Iowa.

We need to also remember he does dangerously well at the debates and the fact he's a rich kid. A really rich kid with ties to very elite people.

itsnobody
01-06-2012, 05:17 AM
A lot can change in 4 days, especially after the NH debate...

Hopefully things will change for the better

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-06-2012, 05:28 AM
what's the campaign doing to minimize voting fraud?

bobbyw24
01-06-2012, 05:51 AM
YES WE CAN!:D

randomname
01-06-2012, 05:56 AM

Not really, the premise is he would win Iowa, which he didn't... The primary is 4 days out and the polling numbers are just not there for a win to be likely this stage. Not saying it can't happen, but to be fair it is a long shot, only way I can see is Romney crashes

bobbyw24
01-06-2012, 05:57 AM
Not really, the premise is he would win Iowa, which he didn't... The primary is 4 days out and the polling numbers are just not there for a win to be likely this stage.

Reading here I learned that we kinda really "won" Iowa, right?

jersdream
01-06-2012, 06:10 AM
back to back debates will be very important!

randomname
01-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Reading here I learned that we kinda really "won" Iowa, right?

Hmm if the campaign has definite numbers on the delegates already would it hurt if Paul bragged about them in the debate when they attack him on his 3rd place finish?

vita3
01-06-2012, 07:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiiaBqwqkXs&feature=related

LHS Associates controls the diebold machines in NH.

Avalon
01-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Hmm if the campaign has definite numbers on the delegates already would it hurt if Paul bragged about them in the debate when they attack him on his 3rd place finish? Yes. Let's say he has 40% of the county delegates. If this is announced, the Iowa GOP will organize vetted slates in advance (split between Romney and Santorum). Given that they can point to a clear takeover, they'd likely get a majority to vote for the slates.