PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of DeMint endorsing Ron?

muh_roads
01-06-2012, 12:35 AM

ppppolls (https://twitter.com/ppppolls) PublicPolicyPolling

One thing that would be a game changer in SC is a DeMint endorsement...that polls MUCH better than a Haley/Graham/McCain nod there

Aren't him and Ron good buddies?

rblgenius
01-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Already a thread on this -- but he did endorse rand for senate... need to get Rand to talk to the Senator and stroke his ego

muh_roads
01-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Already a thread on this -- but he did endorse rand for senate... need to get Rand to talk to the Senator and stroke his ego

Agreed. I wonder if Rand is doing this? We really need him talking to people of influence.

Aratus
01-06-2012, 12:38 AM
the odds are very high.

the governor and the

senior senator then

would be backing one

of the two guys on

virginia's primary ballot.

rblgenius
01-06-2012, 12:40 AM
If Paul shows a strong second in NH I could see him opening up to the idea. It would definitely turn the tide to Ron Paul. Rand needs to be on thissss

muh_roads
01-06-2012, 12:42 AM
If Paul shows a strong second in NH I could see him opening up to the idea. It would definitely turn the tide to Ron Paul. Rand needs to be on thissss

I don't understand this comment "opening up to the idea". I understand why you say it but it just further makes me wonder...does ANYONE have any fucking backbone anymore? Why would DeMint even consider endorsing anyone else?

Fucking take a stand for what you believe in DeMint!

Aratus
01-06-2012, 12:46 AM
lets say the political people in S.C do believe that there are only three tickets out of Iowa.
lets say the governor and the senior senator opt for two of the victors. is there any way
that lindsey graham could opt for a third person but not necessarily rick santorum and if
he does so, would this actually make mitt romney's day if lindsey graham does not back
either ron paul or rick santorum? i think jim demint knows how a powerful but friendly voting
block could turn Tampa into quite a convention. jim demint may vote his heart, soul and gut.

rblgenius
01-06-2012, 12:47 AM
I don't understand this comment "opening up to the idea". I understand why you say it but it just further makes me wonder...does ANYONE have any fucking backbone anymore? Why would DeMint even consider endorsing anyone else?

Fucking take a stand for what you believe in DeMint!

No because politics is his job. He's going to make a calculated decision based on his desire to be re-elected

Aratus
01-06-2012, 12:47 AM
folks... do not address obscenities here to jim demint.
he could decide to agree with south carolina's governor
and then where would we be at as virginia votes happily!

ShaneEnochs
01-06-2012, 12:49 AM
If there is one thing that Rand does well, it's stroking the ego of people.

Paul or not at all
01-06-2012, 12:49 AM
0%

Aratus
01-06-2012, 12:51 AM
tampa could be like being at cow palace in 1964 in 'frisco but worse if we see 20 to 100 ballots.
jim demint is someone who could divide up dixie on the surface and bring back the south as a
region with a unity almost unique in recent years. there are those who will be going into tampa
with the idea there will be no more than five ballots or perhaps even fewer ballots than we think.

Aratus
01-06-2012, 12:54 AM
an old time ward heeler could tell his people to vote ten or one hundred different ways on the first three ballots to confuse,
and then that old time ward heeler gives out the signal and a totally united front creates a seismic wave that often sweeps
the hot convention halls that existed before air conditioners. senator jim demint is the regional kingmaker purely by wit & luck
that we must politely ask for one BIG recommendation from that has in it a totally logical sequence of events for us as a people.

Paul4Prez
01-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Relax, people. No major politician other than the junior Senator from Kentucky is ever going to endorse Ron Paul.

This is a revolution, and they are all too invested in the status quo.

We don't need no stinkin' endorsements anyway. The American people are ready to vote for their freedom.

We are moving beyond critical mass...

Aratus
01-06-2012, 12:58 AM
are you half my age? there are times
when the system in full changes totally.

rblgenius
01-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Relax, people. No major politician other than the junior Senator from Kentucky is ever going to endorse Ron Paul.

This is a revolution, and they are all too invested in the status quo.

We don't need no stinkin' endorsements anyway. The American people are ready to vote for their freedom.

We are moving beyond critical mass...

REVOLUTION BABY. We didn't take the British governors endorsement in 1776 and we sure as hell dont need the neo-con militaristic status quo endorsements now

Aratus
01-06-2012, 01:02 AM
jim demint has hinted that he might back the good doctor... our modern ben franklin.
why have him PO'ed at the point he may have to counter the clout the governor has?

thehungarian
01-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Zero.

Aratus
01-06-2012, 01:53 AM
i am feeling older.
jim demint hinted.
its 50/50 he might.

J_White
01-06-2012, 02:51 AM
i would love to see him do that,
in fact if Paul has a good showing in NH, i wouldn't mind Palin's endorsement too, so that the "non-issue" conservatives will jump on the Liberty train.

rblgenius
01-06-2012, 02:52 AM
Palin should endorse Ron Paul... it would give us the social conservative vote that loves santorum

TheDuke
01-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Don't forget that "Jim DeMint started the recession!!" Maybe we should not associate with this guy :D lol

free.alive
01-06-2012, 03:53 AM
First, check who he endorsed in 2008...

parocks
01-06-2012, 04:08 AM
tampa could be like being at cow palace in 1964 in 'frisco but worse if we see 20 to 100 ballots.
jim demint is someone who could divide up dixie on the surface and bring back the south as a
region with a unity almost unique in recent years. there are those who will be going into tampa
with the idea there will be no more than five ballots or perhaps even fewer ballots than we think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1952 Taft vs Eisenhower. We're Taft.

Goldwater apparently won on the first ballot in 64.

parocks
01-06-2012, 04:28 AM
i am feeling older.
jim demint hinted.
its 50/50 he might.

Mitt Romney is not Tea Party. Rick Santorum is not Tea Party.

Ron Paul IS Tea Party. Rand Paul IS Tea Party. The 2 big Tea Party endorsers in 2010 were DeMint and Palin.

It's interesting that Ron Paul is not crushing it with tea party. The entire tea party message was pure Ron Paul. I guess the people who were there happened to really really like war. They didn't mention it at the tea party rally, but they really really like war. I thought the whole thing was being pissed off about unconstitutional big government. Not being against unconstitutional big government except for unconstitutional big government wars and a handful of other unconstitutional big govt things they like.

DeMint, in 2010, did back the right tea party candidates against the establishment RINOs. So did Palin. And Santorums record is solidly UN Tea Party. The idea that we have no allies out there is not one that I want to embrace. I would think that DeMint and Palin would be our allies. I don't know about endorsements, and when, but I would hope that DeMint and Palin are our allies.

parocks
01-06-2012, 04:33 AM
Palin should endorse Ron Paul... it would give us the social conservative vote that loves santorum

Palin isn't exactly a Social Conservative. But I do think the Social Conservatives think she is.

Some people think that the nomination won't be clinched by the convention. People rarely talk about that specific scenario. Throw 2 Pauls, a DeMint and a Palin into the mix. I was reading the wikipedias for old Republican Primary contests and back in the day, things weren't as cut and dried as they've been recently.

jersdream
01-06-2012, 05:39 AM
Would take all the endorsements we can get, doubtful, but I'll take Palins and DeMint's any day of the week.

tbone717
01-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Personally, I think a DeMint endorsement is one of the tickets out of NH. With a strong 2nd showing in NH (and that being closing the gap between 1 & 2, and widening the gap between 2 & 3) should do it. Having DeMint on the stump for Paul in SC would be huge.

jjockers
01-10-2012, 09:14 PM
bump..

Legend1104
01-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Between zero and none.

growburn13
01-10-2012, 09:18 PM
DeMint endorsement has been on the back of my mind all day with SC coming up.

He endorsed Romney last cycle.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,242547,00.html

And says he is either unlikely or not going to endorse him again this year.

angelatc
01-10-2012, 09:21 PM
I think that if Paul could have won either Iowa or New Hampshire, the odds would be better.

cucucachu0000
01-10-2012, 09:23 PM
demint has said he wont be endorsing anyone. palin i could see endorsing paul if he finishes a close 3rd in SC and especially a 2nd shell endorse whoever can beat Romney and that would be a huge push for Ron.

jkob
01-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Slim but I doubt he endorses anyone until after SC. Better no one than someone else tho.

Aratus
01-10-2012, 09:26 PM
the odds may have increased with the solid second N.H showing!

nobody's_hero
01-10-2012, 09:36 PM
No because politics is his job. He's going to make a calculated decision based on his desire to be re-elected

Unless something has changed, I do not believe DeMint is going to run again. He said he was gonna retire.

But like you said he is a politician so he might have been lying about that, lol

Morerockin
01-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Negative infinite ... Not happening.

Arklatex
01-10-2012, 09:49 PM
It might

tbone717
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
South Carolinians: Please write Sen DeMint tomorrow morning with a well worded email asking for his endorsement of Paul. If you are not comfortable with your writing skills, then take some time to research online how to write a letter requesting an endorsement.

dvictr
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
how many senators could honestly support Ron Paul right now?

which Senators are likely to be in the Paul camp?- besides Rand

ZanZibar
01-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Keep and eye on his Freedom Watch appearance this week. Who knows what could happen?

eduardo89
01-10-2012, 10:00 PM

Demint isn't running for reelection.

mosquitobite
01-10-2012, 10:01 PM
how many senators could honestly support Ron Paul right now?

which Senators are likely to be in the Paul camp?- besides Rand

I never have understood why Coburn doesn't???

bluesc
01-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Keep and eye on his Freedom Watch appearance this week. Who knows what could happen?

Don't tease.

In other news, he also stood up for Romney today.

The Goat
01-10-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm in Greenville SC, everyone in SC needs to write DeMint tomorrow. lets get this done people. People have Demint stickers on their car here and he's not running. A lot of people love him around here.