PDA

View Full Version : Where are Ron Paul's 2008 campaign videos? e.g. the one re: young people which I'll repost

intelliot
01-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Where can I find them?

intelliot
01-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Here is the video I mentioned in my thread title. I typed up the transcript myself:

"I like your position on the Constitution."

Isn't that fascinating? We sort of write young people off: What would they care about the Constitution?

You don't have the Chamber of Commerce people coming in and saying, "Ron, I really like you 'cause you're voting the Constitution." They come in and say, "How are you going to vote my subsidy?" And, "How are you going to help me?"

So, the young people like guidance, and they like rules, and they like the principles, and I think they like the newness of the ideas of freedom.

People claim that I'm going backwards: back to the gold standard, and back to the 19th century and all. But, you know, I see myself as being very, very progressive-- in a good sense.

Progressing from the time when the Founders introduced these notions of freedom, and they've been so successful; yet we've regressed, we've gone backwards, and I just want to advance this.

I think young people like new ideas, and they've been very receptive to this.

And they want to be reassured. I know when I was young, I had these instincts. I think young people, all of us, have natural instincts to be left alone. I always assumed, over the years, that whether it was high school and college education, and TV, and government... it sort of knocks it out of you: "Well, you don't have a right to your own life," as we see it. And they sort of knock that instinct out.

I think young people have that, and it's still alive in them: Where they can say, "Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I like to run my life the way I see it." They're kind of independent, they're sort of "rebellious" against the status quo.

Of course, everyone knows that there's a limit to the rebellion that we want against our parents, and that status quo; that's where the responsibility should be...

But, rebelliousness and resistance to a state that is oppressive-- this is very healthy, because this is what all humanity, and all of history has been all about. And that is the contest between the right of the individual versus the oppression of the state, and I think young people see that more clearly. It hasn't been knocked out of them.

- Ron Paul http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bdm9NiZlcg