PDA

View Full Version : ron-paul-criticized-for-inexplicable-decision-to-cancel-new-hampshire-appearances

BUSHLIED
01-05-2012, 10:12 PM
hxxp://blog.chron.com/rickperry/2012/01/ron-paul-criticized-for-inexplicable-decision-to-cancel-new-hampshire-appearances/

sailingaway
01-05-2012, 10:14 PM
He got sick over New Years and took one day off, but he wasn't fully over it. Whatever. It isn't as if the media is ever happy with him.

colbyhowell
Don't worry about the Houston Chronicle. Nobody there takes there online "Perry Presedential" politics site seriously.

bluesc
Yeah I'm frustrated too, but there could be many explanations for it.

bluesc
01-05-2012, 10:16 PM
He got sick over New Years and took one day off, but he wasn't fully over it. Whatever. It isn't as if the media is ever happy with him.

It's not about the media being unhappy.

wgadget
01-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Dang, guys. I got the flu last Friday and am only today able to get up and around. It's a terrible sore throat/head cold/headache/nauseous-type thing that hangs on forever. I can't imagine trying to run all over the country in that condition.

jax
01-05-2012, 10:19 PM
With new hampshire being primarily undecided, the last 3 days before the voting are the most important. Which is when ron will be there. We saw in iowa that everyone made their decision right before and even during the caucuses.

kylejack
01-05-2012, 10:21 PM
It's understandable to be frustrated that Ron's not coming, but why is this idiot talking to the media?

rblgenius
01-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Who cares

Castrensis
01-05-2012, 10:23 PM
It's understandable to be frustrated that Ron's not coming, but why is this idiot talking to the media?

He was probably relying on Dr. Paul's appearance to pump up attendance. Now he's miffed.

muh_roads
01-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Ron was sick? Didn't really show. He handles illness at 76 a hell of a lot better than I can at 33. Like a BOSS.

opinionatedfool
01-05-2012, 10:25 PM
It's not like he wasn't in a bunch of interviews yesterday. He doesn't need to appear sick in the debate. He needs to be all better.

LiveForHonortune
01-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Hopefully Ron Paul is preparing for the debates. He better sic those chickenhawks Romney and Gingrich.

Sublyminal
01-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Hopefully Ron Paul is preparing for the debates. He better sic those chickenhawks Romney and Gingrich.

I have a feeling if Gingrich tries to come out Paul labeling all Iranians terrorist, like his nuke scenario, RP is gonna spank that ass.

garyallen59
01-05-2012, 10:39 PM
bushlied-criticized-for-goofy-thread-title-with-unnecessary-dashes-replacing-spaces-due-to-the-fact-that-he-or-she-lazily-copied-the-title-out-of-the-url

:D

specsaregood
01-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Dang, guys. I got the flu last Friday and am only today able to get up and around. It's a terrible sore throat/head cold/headache/nauseous-type thing that hangs on forever. I can't imagine trying to run all over the country in that condition.

Same here. There are some bad ones going around this year. If he got what I had; I'm glad he took some time off; all of us in our house could barely walk or care for ourselves for the week and we're half his age.

Sublyminal
01-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Same here. There are some bad ones going around this year. If he got what I had; I'm glad he took some time off; all of us in our house could barely walk or care for ourselves for the week and we're half his age.

I was out of action for 14 days.

sailingaway
01-05-2012, 10:44 PM
It's not about the media being unhappy.

that's us, that's not them.

seawolf
01-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Unfortunately, in reading the story in the Concord Monitor Ron's NH Campaign Staff is not happy and in fact pretty upset. Evidently, they were not even told the events today were going to be cancelled and that Ron has a relatively light campaign schedule in the State from Friday thru Monday.

The paper is basically saying that Ron Paul appears to be all about the message and not really serious about winning. Not the first time we have heard such criticism. I truly hope he was resting and prepping for the two debates.

Tuesday's results will tell if was a mistake or not!!

UNC08
01-05-2012, 11:10 PM
http://http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/05/in-new-hampshire-paul-absent-on-the-campaign-trail/ (http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/05/in-new-hampshire-paul-absent-on-the-campaign-trail/)

I'd like a word from the campaign about this. Not scheduling appearances is one thing, but what was described in the earlier content is worse.

RileyE104
01-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Oh boo-freaking-hoo, it's ONE day. Hopefully the doctor will be pumped up Friday morning and ready to kick some ass on the campaign trail and in this weekend's debates.

PaleoPaul
01-05-2012, 11:23 PM
This doesn't look good. :(

Omnica
01-06-2012, 12:48 AM
I am tired of the constant whining by the keyboard commandos.

If you dont have anything productive or constructively critical, keep the negativity to yourself!!

Omnica
01-06-2012, 12:49 AM
I am more talking about the media's so called journalists and bloggers, but it applies here too.

Use some of the negativity energy for good.

lloydian
01-06-2012, 01:13 AM
I am certain that ron paul is an introvert. if anybody knows anything about introverts they would
know that some downtime and alone time to recharge is absolutely essential!

tempest
01-06-2012, 01:33 AM
They-should-rather-preoccupy-themselves-with-criticizing-Santorum's-blatant-deceptive-denial-of-clear-and-unambiguous-videotape-evidence-of-him-caught-red-handed-making-a-race-baiting/dog-whistle-snarky-comment.

donnay
01-06-2012, 01:37 AM
I just hope Dr. Paul gets some good rest and takes some Vitamin D3 and drinks lots of white tea with Manuka honey. This flu kept me down for 3 days.

Cyberbrain
01-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Keep this man pumped with vitamin C.

Joe3113
01-06-2012, 02:26 AM
They made him sick at the critical time. Anybody who seriously doubts that is kidding themselves.

papitosabe
01-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Keep this man pumped with vitamin C.

so true! always works for me as long as I megadose w/10,000 to 20,000 mgs.. sounds crazy but works...

Liberty Shark
01-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Oh brother. Not to sound too opinionated, but it seems like everyone is finding problems everywhere currently. There's been complaining about the super brochures, the campaign schedule, the strategy towards other candidates (who to ignore, who to attack, etc.).

Judging by the most recent polls in NH, it is looking very positive in my opinion. Anyone thinking Romney is easy to beat in NH is not living based on reality. Romney basically has the state of NH locked-up, and has so for over a year. I have spent considerable time in neighboring Massachusetts, and listen to the talk radio and local news, all of which goes into southern New Hampshire via the Boston media market, and let me tell you the facts. Romney is going to get at least 30% in NH - no matter what. That is the reality. The people in NH are familiar with Romney's record, and while 60% have rejected him, he has a solid 30% support, and an additional 10% of soft support. Anyone thinking that the path to victory in NH is to go after Romney's record does not understand the dynamics in NH. There is roughly 30% that will definitely support Romney, regardless and then another 10% that most likely will too, and even if they don't, this groups' second choice is not Dr. Paul - these people are neocons.

As much as winning first place is and should be the goal in every state, the reality is that a close, solid second place is just as good under the circumstances regarding NH. Even the media pundits have stated that anyone who manages to pull within 10 pts of Romney in NH has essentially won and defeated Romney.

jersdream
01-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Oh boo-freaking-hoo, it's ONE day. Hopefully the doctor will be pumped up Friday morning and ready to kick some ass on the campaign trail and in this weekend's debates.

Nope two days, Wednesday and Thursday....in essentially a 6 day race of a New Hampshire campaign....Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday then primary day....he is missing two days, plus two of the other days are going to be occupied by the debate.

jersdream
01-06-2012, 03:03 AM
I hope he is okay, but at the very least the campaign can say something to its supporters, amazing that they don't.

Nate-ForLiberty
01-06-2012, 03:07 AM
If you listen to the pitch of his voice in resent interviews you'll notice that it is lower than normal. This man barely stopped running for president when he gets the flu. I was out for 2 weeks in a daze.

Yet, people think his age is an issue. .....seriously

jcarcinogen
01-06-2012, 03:10 AM
This is a good idea. The 'debates' this weekend are going to be filled with gotcha's and attacks... it's best he gets rest since he was a tad sick.

Kevin Smyth
01-06-2012, 04:15 AM
They made him sick at the critical time. Anybody who seriously doubts that is kidding themselves.

Didn't Fox News have several interviews with Ron Paul outdoors the week of the Dec. 15 debate in Iowa?

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2012, 04:32 AM
He got sick over New Years and took one day off, but he wasn't fully over it. Whatever. It isn't as if the media is ever happy with him.I wouldn't put it past those sleazy opposition supporters infected with influenza/cold, going to Ron Paul events just to shake hands with him to transfer the virus to get him sick.

papitosabe
01-06-2012, 04:40 AM
Didn't Fox News have several interviews with Ron Paul outdoors the week of the Dec. 15 debate in Iowa?

I wouldn't put it past those sleazy opposition supporters infected Ron Paul with influenza/cold, just shake hands with he to transfer the virus to get him sick.

C'MON MAN!! are you guys being serious?

scrosnoe
01-06-2012, 04:48 AM
Every one of us should be more focused on what we should be doing than trying to micromanage what Ron should be doing -- he will be where he needs to be when he needs to be there.

Now, what are you doing in your precinct/county to gather votes for the good doctor?

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2012, 04:49 AM
C'MON MAN!! are you guys being serious?100%... politics is a very sleazy business, quite ruthless in fact.

scrosnoe
01-06-2012, 04:49 AM
Every one of us should be more focused on what we should be doing than trying to micromanage what Ron should be doing -- he will be where he needs to be when he needs to be there.

Now, what are you doing in your precinct/county to gather votes for the good doctor?

LiveForHonortune
01-06-2012, 04:55 AM
Did Paul not get his flu shots?

ChristianAnarchist
01-06-2012, 04:57 AM
Look at Dr. Paul's record. Whatever the reason for him taking this time off, WE OUGHT TO KNOW that it's a good reason. Perhaps he's under the weather, perhaps he sees that his time is better spent doing something else (meetings for possible endorsements maybe?). The man's as sly as a fox and knows how to campaign and perhaps tomorrow he makes a big announcement regarding his decision that makes more headlines and gets more news coverage. It's the media that has the most effect on the vote (as we've seen many times) and he just might have some bombshell planned for right before the vote.

Trust the man, he's never let us down...

Elwar
01-06-2012, 05:35 AM
I could tell during a few interviews around the time of Iowa that he was a bit stuffed up.

Probably the reason he left the cold north to go take a weekend in Texas.

kasjun
01-06-2012, 05:55 AM

I wondered about that happening the day he did the radio program in Iowa for WHO. He was on the air right after Bachman and you could hear her hacking away in the background when they had commercial breaks. Dr. Paul was the next one up sitting in the same chair and same headphone and microphone. I was hoping at the time that they used a disinfectant on that equipment but I bet they didn't.

Aratus
01-07-2012, 03:01 PM
a potus contender cold went from one contender to the other thanks to the cramped confines
of a very specific radio broadcasting area? some buildings only repeatedly recycle their old air!

Feeding the Abscess
01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
He'd been suffering from a lingering cold for a about a month. Good grief. Last thing we need is a terrible debate performance broadcast to millions because he's under the weather. I'm glad he took a couple days off.

Badger for Paul
01-07-2012, 04:01 PM
If he says he was feeling sick or under the weather, then the media will jump all over it because of his age and imply that he is too old to be president. I think the accusations that he is not "all in" when it comes to the campaign is ridiculous after campaigning for months already and knowing there are a couple of months ahead. If he was sick, that's fine, everyone gets sick, but given the media's bias, he certainly should not come out and say so.

gerryb
01-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Almost everyone in Youth For Paul in Iowa has gotten sick. He could have gotten it from us or the staff.

Stop being conspiracy theorists, you really don't help us.

Nate-ForLiberty
01-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Did Paul not get his flu shots?

I sure as hell hope not!