PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul should do infomercials like Perot did

nyrgoal99
11-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Instead of commercials. This is totally the way to do.

Eric21ND
11-09-2007, 05:27 PM
the thing with infomercials is that older people tend to go to bed very early and wake very early in the morning like 4-5 am.

me3
11-09-2007, 05:27 PM
There are numerous infomercial threads posted today.

Please visit this page (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php). It will help reduce the number of redundant threads.

tekkierich
11-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Umm, we have sent him money, but not that much money.

RPTXState
11-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I always had the idea of running ALOT of ads in the cheapest slots (late night).

You'd have to be cheap, since Perot had his personal cash to invest in those infomercials.

Goldwater Conservative
11-09-2007, 05:34 PM
If he can, I say yes. But I suppose it boils down to whether that's the best use of the money he's likely to have. If he can catch up to Hillary...

Electrostatic
11-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Heh, sorry, but I can't vote in this poll... Your only choices are love it or hate it.
mainly because I've thought about it and it would have both good and bad effects.. (massive money drain, vs. exposure only to people who feel like watching a political infomercial.) The press we'd get off of pulling it off would be good thoug, but I'll leave it up to the campaign.

ronpaulyourmom
11-09-2007, 06:30 PM
I see absolutely no reason not to run a late night infomercial on the cheap and just get people to tivo it.

1000-points-of-fright
11-09-2007, 06:32 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34649

Adamsa
11-09-2007, 06:33 PM
It could work pretty well as a lot of people don't know where Ron stands.

theseus51
11-09-2007, 06:42 PM
"Ron Paul should do infomercials like Perot did"

Ron Paul doesn't have the money like Perot did.

Anarchrist
11-09-2007, 07:34 PM
With how inept the national campaign is and how lousy the Iowa commercial was and the first NH commercial is, I can't imagine how bad of a job they would do with a 30 minute infomercial. It would probably be a huge waste of money.

paulaholic
11-09-2007, 07:40 PM
As long as he has sufficient funds, I'd say go for it. The writers' strike may bring down the price a bit.

shrapnel88
11-09-2007, 07:42 PM
if the informercial is well produced yet cost-efficient, i say yes.

FreedomProsperityPeace
11-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I would like to see one. Making an accurate presentation of Dr. Paul and his views takes more than 30 seconds or a minute.

But it probably costs too much. It wouldn't reach enough people to justify the cost, I bet.

Matt Collins
11-10-2007, 03:44 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=31728
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25536&page=2

MsDoodahs
11-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Infomercials don't cost as much as some of you seem to think.

I contacted a firm that makes them, way early on.

Dr. Paul has plenty enough to have a professionally produced infomercial AND ample funding to run it, too.

cdigi
11-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Instead of commercials. This is totally the way to do.

Yep. I agree 100%!

FluxCapacitor
11-10-2007, 04:33 PM
To the people concerned about the cost:

You're missing the point. It's the airtime that is particularly expensive. The actual production cost of a 30-minute ad is quite low.

It would be all over the internet, and distributed on DVD by local Meetup groups.

Forget all you thought you knew about the cost of distributing a video. YouTube just turned two years old. Think about it. The times are changing.

When the Ron Paul for President campaign HQ catches on and starts producing high quality videos to be distributed by the grassroots and netroots, that's when the campaign will take off like wildfire.

nyrgoal99
11-13-2007, 04:50 PM
bump

IHaveaDream
11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
The Perot infomercials did not play well at all with the voters. I think they must have felt like they were being lectured or something. Thumbs down here.

theseus51
11-13-2007, 04:55 PM
If you all want online infomercials, there's tons and tons of Ron Paul video out there. It's just not all in one place, but essentially there's lots of "infomercial" type speeches and talks already. It's just a matter of whether or not he wants to do it on TV.

JMann
11-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Ron Paul should not do informercials like Perot. First those infomercials where awful, the only reason they got any traction is because CNN and the broadcast networks talked about them non-stop- Like it was the new Star Wars or something. Secondly, Perot aired those in prime time on multiple networks at the same time during the GENERAL election after the first debate at a cost of 8.4 million in 1992. Lastly, Perot could afford to throw away money on this type of campaign because he had billions to spend.

I'm not saying an informercial late at night doesn't have some validity but nothing like Perot putting people to sleep with charts and graphs. If this was a good idea you would see McDonalds and Coke advertising what great products they have with 30 minute spots. Instead they just say 'Make it Real' or 'We Love to See You Smile'. Advertising is about short and simple and getting multiple views of the same message over and over.

Look at Coca-Cola slogans in recent history, very simple and clean:

1982 - Coke is it!
1985 - America's Real Choice
1986 - Red White & You (for Coca-Cola Classic)
1986 - Catch the Wave (for New Coke)
1987 - You Can't Beat the Feeling.
1989 - Can't beat the real thing.
1993 - Always Coca-Cola.
2000 - Enjoy.
2001 - Life tastes Good.
2003 - Real.
2005 - Make It Real.
2006 - The Coke Side of Life.

How about Dr. Ron Paul- America's Real Choice!

Matt Collins
11-13-2007, 11:28 PM
We need NAME RECOGNITION not issues. We can do issues 1 month out from the date of election.

Right now we just need to get people to know that RP exists. That doesn't take a 30 minute infomercial to accomplish.

Issues ads take longer to explain and an infomercial would be perfect except they don't reach our target demographics.

See this thread about marketing Ron Paul:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25536

Question_Authority
11-13-2007, 11:40 PM
We need NAME RECOGNITION not issues. We can do issues 1 month out from the date of election.

Right now we just need to get people to know that RP exists. That doesn't take a 30 minute infomercial to accomplish.

Issues ads take longer to explain and an infomercial would be perfect except they don't reach our target demographics.

See this thread about marketing Ron Paul:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25536

To agree with many of Ron Paul's issues, people need to be EDUCATED about them. No one else talks about getting rid of the dept of Ed for instance, and nobody even knows what it really does. I have talked to people who think RP wants to completely end public education!! And that getting rid of the Dept of Ed makes him EVIL. There are a dozen other topics with similar misunderstandings.

These issues are complex and a little slogan cannot make people understand! We need facts, figures, documentation to prove he is right.

I have suggested many times that he do short "Ross Perot-type" infomercials and just upload them to his web site where people can see his issues in detail.

Eric21ND
11-14-2007, 05:50 AM
I would like to see a infomercial directed and filmed as a mini documentary on Ron Paul.

We could work in his stances on the issues, but start with the heart-warming stuff about his family and his military experience, being medical doctor and delivering 4,000 babies. Maybe even film some of the people he delivered. We could interview the veterans he has helped over the years. This has enormous potential. We should get together and do something like this quickly. This would really play well in all states. And it will get seen by many people who work odd hours and older people who are generally wide awake in very early morning. I know many people who get out of bed at 3-4 in the morning.

Who wants to film a mini infomercial/documentary on Ron Paul? This will increase name recognition big time. We can always decide when, where, and what times to play it later.

Matt Collins
11-14-2007, 08:33 PM
To agree with many of Ron Paul's issues, people need to be EDUCATED about them. No one else talks about getting rid of the dept of Ed for instance, and nobody even knows what it really does. I have talked to people who think RP wants to completely end public education!! And that getting rid of the Dept of Ed makes him EVIL. There are a dozen other topics with similar misunderstandings.

These issues are complex and a little slogan cannot make people understand! We need facts, figures, documentation to prove he is right.

I have suggested many times that he do short "Ross Perot-type" infomercials and just upload them to his web site where people can see his issues in detail.

Yes, but first off they need to know he exists. After that we can focus on issues. We are still in the name recognition phase.