PDA

View Full Version : Quit focusing on Santorum -- we're being trolled.

Kluge
01-05-2012, 08:56 PM
We did the same thing with Cain for a long time. Cain wasn't a threat. Santorum isn't a threat.

Romney was a threat. Romney is a threat.

RCP Avg. for NH [2/3 polls from yesterday]:
Romney - 40%
Paul - 21%
Santorum - 7.7%

- And in SC & Fl? Santorum polls <5%. Santorum is meaningless.

muh_roads
01-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Agreed. They are attacking Santorum now. The best he could ever do is behind us. Maybe South Carolina a little but he will never get as high as Iowa again...

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-05-2012, 09:16 PM
I agree as well. It's time to quit swatting as mosquitoes and go after the big pest in this race, that fat rat Romney.

Bruno
01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Then do you think we should be pushing the story that maybe he didn't win? KCCI reporting claims of false vote count, 2 not 22 for Romney. Santorum may have won.

roc_rob
01-05-2012, 09:20 PM
I agree as well. Romney and Obama should be our metaphorical targets.

Kluge
01-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Bump f0r 0ur p0st-debate "intellectual aggressi0n!"

unknown
01-07-2012, 11:08 PM
We're forced do it right?

The media is complicit pumping Sanborem to the last second only to report the next day that he was "most corrupt".

Let it be known, if you lie, and they will, we're going to expose you.

People will wake up that everyone else is a lying, flip flopping bum.

MikeStanart
01-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Pretty sure Paul is doing his best to knock out the other candidates so It'll be him and mittens remaining. He'll be the only anti-Romney choice.

bbartlog
01-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Santorum isn't under 5% in SC any more. However, I agree with your overall point.

wowrevolution
01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
They are all threats. It is Ron Paul vs. Mitt Romney. Its Ron Paul vs. The Establishment.
When we count Delegates for instance.

Iowa:
MR: 7, RS: 7, Ron Paul: 7, NG: 2, RP: 2

Read this as:
Establishment 18 vs Ron Paul 7.

jersdream
01-07-2012, 11:15 PM
OMG STOP BEING ARROGANT.

JESUS CHRIST.

We did the exact same thing in Iowa. People were laughing at Santorum the day before the caucus, laughing at the notion he could beat us...he did. Shame on you folks. What right do we have to be arrogant at all?

Sickening.

wowrevolution
01-07-2012, 11:23 PM
OMG STOP BEING ARROGANT.

JESUS CHRIST.

We did the exact same thing in Iowa. People were laughing at Santorum the day before the caucus, laughing at the notion he could beat us...he did. Shame on you folks. What right do we have to be arrogant at all?

Sickening.

Rick Santorum won Iowa because of a key voter demographic that doesn't exist in New Hampshire. Bob Vander Plaats won Iowa, not Santorum.

daviddee
01-07-2012, 11:23 PM

wowrevolution
01-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Wrong. You have to destroy your enemy completely and methodically.

Santorum needs to be exposed and outed by "the one man wrecking crew".

Allowing these sores to fester will only cause more problems later on.

Gingrich is on his last legs, but needs to be further attacked until he exits the race.

Santorum needs to be humiliated in NH on Tuesday and have any gains he has received from Iowa wiped out in S.C.

A strong showing in S.C. keeps Santorum alive... This needs to be prevented.

I agree, all the other candidates are there to grab up delegates for their establishment candidate. Santorum wins 7 and he'll toss them to Romney when he drops out. They are poker chips. The Rockefeller Puppet Candidate (whoever that may be) has already gotten 18 delegates in this race to Paul's 7. Rockefeller is using a classic divide & conquer strategy gobbling up as many voting blocks as possible for delegate acquisition to insure their choice candidate gets the majority. Romney is the front man so that means Romney has 18 Rockefeller delegates so far.

Kevin Smyth
01-07-2012, 11:39 PM
I disagree, Conservatives still haven't decided if they want to keep Santorum and give up on Gingrich or admit that Santorum was a short-lived fluke and start building up Gingrich again. We can't stop hitting Santorum until we know he's finished.

RileyE104
We did the same thing with Cain for a long time. Cain wasn't a threat. Santorum isn't a threat.

Romney was a threat. Romney is a threat.

RCP Avg. for NH [2/3 polls from yesterday]:
Romney - 40%
Paul - 21%
Santorum - 7.7%

- And in SC & Fl? Santorum polls <5%. Santorum is meaningless.

It's not about freaking New Hampshire, it's about South Carolina.

Secondly, you're flat out wrong about his numbers. The last three SC polls have him at 19%, 24% and 19%.

It's GOOD that the campaign is unleashing that ad against him on Monday. They saw this coming as did many of us here once it was clear that he would come in the top three at Iowa. It's totally reasonable to think that the people of South Carolina would go for an unvetted Santorum who appears he can defeat Romney. That's why it's our job to tell the truth about him and the campaign did a great job of doing that with the new ad.

Kevin Smyth
If Santorum competes with Gingrich in the South then he's not over by a long shot.

Kluge
01-08-2012, 12:06 AM
It's not about freaking New Hampshire, it's about South Carolina.

Secondly, you're flat out wrong about his numbers. The last three SC polls have him at 19%, 24% and 19%.

It's GOOD that the campaign is unleashing that ad against him on Monday. They saw this coming as did many of us here once it was clear that he would come in the top three at Iowa. It's totally reasonable to think that the people of South Carolina would go for an unvetted Santorum who appears he can defeat Romney. That's why it's our job to tell the truth about him and the campaign did a great job of doing that with the new ad.
I was n0t wr0ng ab0ut the numbers when the 0P was p0sted. They're wr0ng, n0w, th0ugh. RCP added three new p0lls in the past c0uple days which just came 0ut.

fwiw, th0ugh, R0mney's surged in SC since the last p0lls, t00. Up t0 >30% fr0m ~22%. N0t as big a gain as Sant0rum [wh0's d0wn 10 pts 0n R0mney, but up nearly 20% fr0m the n0n-existent supp0rt he had last m0nth], but still sh0wing he's a c0nsistently-supp0rted candidate. I like the ads -- but I'm c0nfused why we're f0cusing 0n n0n-r0mney candidates wh0se delegates will be scattered am0ngst themselves while R0mney p0lls high in every p0ll, every state I'm aware 0f.

edit f0r Jers: I didn't mean t0 s0und bullish 0n Paul's chances s0 much as R0mney. Wasn't trying t0 s0und arr0gant.... but... y0u kn0w, s0me things slip. :o

Shane Harris
01-08-2012, 12:32 AM
you underestimate the sheep. santorum is in third in NH and second in SC (we are in 4th). I am also sure he will best us in FL now. NV we should beat him. he is our main rival for Anti-Romney. I think that aiming for frothy makes more sense than aiming for romney. in the long run if we can edge out frothy for anti-romney then we can maybe win. its a much longer longshot now than if we had won IA but oh well. its still possible and worth fighting for. either way the campaign for liberty in this country does not end with any one election. no matter how this ends its amazing to see how influential paul has become and how much more friendly the electorate is to libertarianism than 4 years ago.