PDA

View Full Version : PPP twitter news 1/5/11

Agorism
01-05-2012, 08:35 PM
https://twitter.com/ppppolls

ppppolls PublicPolicyPolling
Mitt up about 10 pts the first night of our South Carolina poll...Gingrich and Santorum close for 2nd.
24 minutes ago

Seems very possible Romney sweeps IA, NH, SC, FL...may just be him and Paul slogging it on a month from now
24 minutes ago

Perry polling around 5% in South Carolina...hard to understand why he's continuing on. Paul a nonfactor there as well
24 minutes ago

Santorum comes decently close to Romney in a hypothetical one on one in SC...if Gingrich and Perry dropped out he'd have a chance
15 minutes ago

JTforRP
01-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Don't like much of that at all.

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-05-2012, 08:54 PM
It's easy for them to go up in those area's. The media is hyping them early, and they have unlimited pools of resources to help.

Havax
01-05-2012, 08:59 PM
North Carolina basically a 3 way tie between Newt, Mitt, and Santorum on first night of calls. Newt was up by 37 last month

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Over 2 weeks for us to turn that around in SC. The events in the next week will determine how that plays out.

hazek
01-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Does anyone still not believe me when I say that our primary focus has to be defeating the corporate media propaganda machine before anything can really change?

Bruno
01-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Unless Mitt didn't win Iowa afterall.

happyphilter
01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
We need to get going on SC. It's a given we get second in NH but we need to compete for first in every state.

Intoxiklown
01-05-2012, 09:08 PM
We need a strong second in NH, and force more out of the race. It is much easier for Paul to run against Romney in the southern states. Victory by attrition.

TheDriver
01-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I always knew we'd get killed in South Carolina.

eleganz
01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
What is up with SC, what is their main gripe? is it really the military industrial complex thing?

dmitchell
01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
We need to get going on SC. It's a given we get second in NH but we need to compete for first in every state.
Nothing's given.

sailingaway
01-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Nothing's given.

this

bluesc
01-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Nothing's given.

Iowa proved that.

Bonnieblue
01-05-2012, 09:47 PM
One is seeing the firewall of the Republican establishment in S.C. for Romney. One is also seeing the one-dimension issue of abortion in S.C. Historically, S.C. would have been for Ron Paul but men like William Gilmore Simms and John C. Calhoun are long since dead; and the empire's re-education program has been quite effective.

dustinto
01-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Damn-it I hate being from the south sometimes. It's just embarrassing.

lloydian
01-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I have been at war in Atlanta on my FB page for months with singles who are predominantly Christian. The support for Gingrich
was massive. I have made an awful lot of progress but it has been very tiring, stressful, and relentless. I believe a GA poll from early
Dec had Newt at ~ 60%. I am now in the process of hammering Santorum as they are being tempted to throw their support
behind him. Fox news, Limbaugh, and Hannity have really done a # on them. Cain had big support in the community and then some
jumped over to Gingrich after Cain fell.

lloydian
01-05-2012, 10:27 PM
PS - Remember that Gingrich and Cain were Ga boys and Cain had a radio show in Ga, FL, (not sure where else)
for the last couple of years.

Sublyminal
01-05-2012, 10:36 PM
I have been at war in Atlanta on my FB page for months with singles who are predominantly Christian. The support for Gingrich
was massive. I have made an awful lot of progress but it has been very tiring, stressful, and relentless. I believe a GA poll from early
Dec had Newt at ~ 60%. I am now in the process of hammering Santorum as they are being tempted to throw their support
behind him. Fox news, Limbaugh, and Hannity have really done a # on them. Cain had big support in the community and then some
jumped over to Gingrich after Cain fell.

Good luck to you, hopefully you can turn them off of that smut, known as Limbaugh and Hannity.

samsung1
01-05-2012, 10:38 PM
if we spend time to win puerto rico, guam, samoa, and the virgin islands thats a total of 53 delegates and less than 200 people vote in each primary

jacmicwag
01-05-2012, 10:46 PM
What is up with SC, what is their main gripe? is it really the military industrial complex thing?

National defense and Jesus get in our way presumably.

Sublyminal
01-05-2012, 10:47 PM
National defense and Jesus get in our way presumably.

SC is home to hell on earth as we Marines call it, aka Parris Island. They think that if RP gets elected, he'll close it down. Then there's countless Army bases there.

Shellshock1918
01-05-2012, 11:05 PM
I always knew we'd get killed in South Carolina.
Its the home of Lindsay Graham.

Liberty Shark
01-05-2012, 11:11 PM
One is seeing the firewall of the Republican establishment in S.C. for Romney. One is also seeing the one-dimension issue of abortion in S.C. Historically, S.C. would have been for Ron Paul but men like William Gilmore Simms and John C. Calhoun are long since dead; and the empire's re-education program has been quite effective.

Absolutely agree. However, I still don't think South Carolina is a lost cause. There is no reason why Dr. Paul shouldn't be able to get to 15% by primary day in SC. If, at a minimum, double digits aren't reached by SC primary day, that would be a real letdown, and quite frankly an embarrassment. No excuse not to eventually reach double digits in SC. A decision needs to be made to make a serious run in either South Carolina or Florida, preferably both. But there needs to be signs of life, at least in one of these two southern states, otherwise it will be over.

J_White
01-05-2012, 11:22 PM
doesnt look good, Dr. Paul must do good in NH to change this.
When does PPP come out with their NH poll ?

freshjiva
01-05-2012, 11:23 PM
South Carolina and Florida are nonessential to the Campaign's strategy. Our focus is (and should be) NH, Nevada, and the smaller northern states like Maine, Wyoming, North Dakota, Washington and others.

TheDriver
01-05-2012, 11:26 PM
South Carolina and Florida are nonessential to the Campaign's strategy. Our focus is (and should be) NH, Nevada, and the smaller northern states like Maine, Wyoming, North Dakota, Washington and others. Yes, always knew we were toast there too. The only way to win SC and FL is to sound more neo-con, see Rand Paul. Kentucky and South Carolina are similar in terms of voter appeal, imo.

BamaAla
01-05-2012, 11:31 PM
In all honesty, the campaign probably shouldn't waste money on South Carolina; it, like most of the south, is a lost cause.

gyrmnix
01-05-2012, 11:37 PM
doesnt look good, Dr. Paul must do good in NH to change this.
When does PPP come out with their NH poll ?

Not until Sunday. According to their twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/ppppolls/status/154676198222471168), he's not interested in how much Romney wins by.

dmitchell
01-05-2012, 11:44 PM
In all honesty, the campaign probably shouldn't waste money on South Carolina; it, like most of the south, is a lost cause.
I kind of agree with this.

clint4liberty
01-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Congressman Paul or his campaign spokesperson needs to address ads in SC on home he would bring the troops home(not rapidly, but gradually over four years) and bring the troops home to SC military bases. We are talking about domestic defense buildup and growing bases and communities in the United States. South Carolina would receive more soliders in near future to boost the state economy under a Paul Administration.

maxoutco
01-06-2012, 12:22 AM
I agree, 2 commercials need to be played in SC and played hard:

#1.) Bring Troops Home to defend borders meaning bases don't close down.
#2.) Save Social Security and Medicare for the older crowd.

If we come with this approach, I think SC will come around.

Paul or not at all
01-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Congressman Paul or his campaign spokesperson needs to address ads in SC on home he would bring the troops home(not rapidly, but gradually over four years) and bring the troops home to SC military bases. We are talking about domestic defense buildup and growing bases and communities in the United States. South Carolina would receive more soliders in near future to boost the state economy under a Paul Administration.

We need to email the campaign.

mmadness
01-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Get Rand to help campaign in the south.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Mitt up about 10 pts the first night of our South Carolina poll...Gingrich and Santorum close for 2nd.
24 minutes ago

Seems very possible Romney sweeps IA, NH, SC, FL...may just be him and Paul slogging it on a month from now
24 minutes ago

Yeah, it's looking like Romney is going to run away with this. Who's supposed to stop him? Santorum? :rolleyes:

So much for the conservative blogs' delusions that Romney can't win in South Carolina. Guess they forgot about McCain and Graham.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Ron Paul needs to get it through people's thick skulls that attacking Iran is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we attack Iran, won't that make them want nukes MORE, make them actually WANT to attack us? How can we stop them from hating us, if we kill their people. The fail is just too much for me to handle. Gah!

Corey
01-06-2012, 06:31 AM
RP can win South Carolina. There are 11 days between NH and SC. It's an open primary. We have proven that we can expand our base. In Iowa, a surprising number of evangelicals supported us. I think this board has a lot of big L Libertarian types, which is why no one here seems to think we can win social conservatives, or national defense conservatives. We've already proven this completely wrong time and time again.

I'm paleo-lib(libertarian) and paleo-con (social conservative). The two used to be very very close, and there's no reason they can't be again, because they are natural allies. IMHO, you can't have one without the other.

Johnnybags
01-06-2012, 06:58 AM
2008 result

147,686 68,142 132,943 16,154 McCain,Romney,Huckabee,Paul.

16,154 votes but Romney was fairly weak as well compared to top two. He will have no choice but to pound Santorum and to some extent Gingrich who will take McCain and Huck votes from last time to a large degree. Paul folks, say 20k for argument sake need to each drag 2 voters to the polls who each drag two more to win.

20,000 20,000
20,000 20,000 20,000 20,000

goldpants
01-06-2012, 07:24 AM
South Carolina and Florida are nonessential to the Campaign's strategy. Our focus is (and should be) NH, Nevada, and the smaller northern states like Maine, Wyoming, North Dakota, Washington and others.

I have been advocating for a similar approach. I do believe 3rd in IA, 2nd in NH, 4th in SC(even with 15% or so is fine), spend little to nothing in FL, bang the heck out of NV, ME, ND, CO, WA, if we score a win or two and the rest second places then things could get interesting. Plus the PR, Guam, etc, would be a nice move if we pulled it off(non-interventionism would play well there if they do canvas for those votes).

pointtech86
01-06-2012, 07:36 AM
I have been advocating for a similar approach. I do believe 3rd in IA, 2nd in NH, 4th in SC(even with 15% or so is fine), spend little to nothing in FL, bang the heck out of NV, ME, ND, CO, WA, if we score a win or two and the rest second places then things could get interesting. Plus the PR, Guam, etc, would be a nice move if we pulled it off(non-interventionism would play well there if they do canvas for those votes).

And how do silver medals and 15,000-votes-for-a-win caucuses translate to getting the nomination in Florida? Especially if Romney is the candidate who's won most of them? If we don't win SOMETHING meaningful other than caucuses we already do well in, we have no advantage going into the Convention! The Republicans will simply ignore Paul and let Romney fail as the nominee.

We ignore the South at our own peril. We'd become no different than Romney in terms of ability to appeal to them, and alienate those voters who might have voted for us if we had competed there.

nyrgoal99
01-06-2012, 07:56 AM
We have not even started Phone from Home in SC, and there are 4 debates before SC. We will rise some

goldpants
01-06-2012, 08:11 AM
And how do silver medals and 15,000-votes-for-a-win caucuses translate to getting the nomination in Florida? Especially if Romney is the candidate who's won most of them? If we don't win SOMETHING meaningful other than caucuses we already do well in, we have no advantage going into the Convention! The Republicans will simply ignore Paul and let Romney fail as the nominee.

We ignore the South at our own peril. We'd become no different than Romney in terms of ability to appeal to them, and alienate those voters who might have voted for us if we had competed there.

Allow me to clarify what I was saying in my last post especially regarding SC. I was just laying out a realistic plan with conservative estimates that would leave us alive. The likelihood of Ron scoring a win, even a 2nd place finish in SC and FL is slim. But SC imo offers a better opportunity to score a higher finish, more delegates and splitting up delegates so that Mitt doesn't score a lot there. The delegates are to be split proportionately in all the early contest in almost if not all early contests which is a little different from 2008. So we just keep scoring up what we can until it is obvious it is us or Mitt as we have the money, ads and workers on the ground to become a force to start scoring some wins in those early caucuses, proving RP is electable. Then this campaign could catch wildfire... Obviously a surprise first in NH would speed up the movement as would a solid 3rd or better in SC and that is why the campaign is putting serious resources to work into those two states.

goldpants
01-21-2012, 11:43 PM

The campaign has been on the ball so far, hopefully the super pacs have gotten the queu.