PDA

View Full Version : Police suspect Army vet in shooting of six officers

coastie
01-05-2012, 04:26 PM
OGDEN, Utah (Reuters) - Six police officers were shot, one of them fatally, when a gunman said to be a U.S. Army veteran opened fire on them as they served a drug-related search warrant in Utah, authorities said on Thursday.

The gunman fired on the officers late on Wednesday as they approached a home in a quiet residential neighborhood of Ogden, north of Salt Lake City, Ogden police Lieutenant Danielle Croyle said.

http://news.yahoo.com/least-four-police-officers-wounded-utah-shooting-090105822.html

No mention in article if they were raiding his home, or one close to it when he opened up on them.

Also of note, article does not mention any drugs being found. Imagine that.

Just hit the press 10 minutes ago...

aGameOfThrones
01-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Police released few details of the incident that broke out in the quiet, residential neighborhood after a "knock and announce" drug-related search warrant by the Weber-Morgan Narcotics Task Force, a visibly shaken Tarwater said.

Yeah right......

War on Vets?

row333au
01-05-2012, 05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ZFuAaH7xw

documentation back in 2009 stated "that returning veterans would be added as possible 'terrorist threats' being 'recruited' by right-wing extremist' "(who are really 9/11 truthers, conservatives, Libertarians, peace activist, etc)... for whom the political government administration wants the public, the military and the police to look at them by bombarding us with disinformation of propaganda - as being unpatriotic and psychotic or mentally ill viewing a fantasy of having a corrupt big government filled with lies and greed for more power.

Military veteran?

The Department of Homeland Security's humble beginning since its inception is now being subtlety and stealth turned into becoming more and more molded closer to the WW2 German Nazi Gestapo by DHS top managements; and if the public do not advocate to protect the democratic governance of a republic and its people, DHS will convince everyone that their authority is supreme over them or the public and even over the country of United States with protected freedom and opportunity.

Whereby the departmentalization of making a pyramid scheme as oppose to a democratic process of protection - from which the bottom workers are prevented in having access or say to which direction on how they should operate or even have a say on their employment conditions; but instead are made to bow down and accept that the top management are the supreme power for which they have vested on to themselves (being insisted through unfair laws and bureaucratic arrangements they create for themselves).

We all grew up in a republic of democracy and liberty of having protections of rights and justice, even within police and military organisation after respecting the chain of commands and code of conduct emplace by their oath to the public and for their country - to ensure none dictatorial tyranny can develop.

Sadly, DHS head Janet Napolitano have been sending reports to all law enforcement officers in the US advising them to US military veterans as likely to become terrorists.

That's one of the "domestic threats" America has to be paranoid about in daily form in order to give yourselves of never to question authority.

Americans...you pay for this woman's salary and her posse of corrupt cronies in BILLIONS of dollars per year while they bankrupt and made destitute of mass populations of Americans, as this woman and all others of her associates have become more abusive every passing day in order to keep the status quo you gave them and for you to forget that they are the public servant who are now acting as public masters of ruling class to your working class.

row333au
01-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Iraq Veterans are terrorists - Janet Napolitano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FixBaPxUFs&feature=related

Homeland Security Trains Boy and Girl Scouts To Take On Vets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DecEr2j_KL4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsTPC-jIeew&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58t4ndJyxYw&feature=related&skipcontrinter=1

squarepusher
01-05-2012, 07:04 PM
sounds like those officers got their asses handed to them

Pericles
01-06-2012, 01:28 AM
sounds like those officers got their asses handed to them

Any guesses as to how many more many more SWAT raids take place in that neighborhood?

mrsat_98
01-06-2012, 04:40 AM
Cops got down on their knees and asked for this, Poor guy probably got awakened by the commotion and probably never figured out they where thugs, ooops I mean public serpents perpetrating an act of genocide till it was to late. We should start bombarding our satanic overlords with Al Adask's Man or Other Animals material.

Pericles
01-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Some more details here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/10026623

Money quote:

The unit's commander, So. Ogden City Lt. Darin Parke said that "other than the outcome" the investigation that led to the plan to search Stewart's home was like any other.

coastie
01-06-2012, 11:33 AM
The unit's commander, So. Ogden City Lt. Darin Parke said that "other than the outcome" the investigation that led to the plan to search Stewart's home was like any other.

A total of 12 officers were on hand when the warrant was served, he said.

Police continued to search the home Thursday, but would not say what they had found, or specifically what they had been looking for.

Witnesses said they heard three quick pops followed by a two- to three-minute pause, then lots of gunfire.

Hmmm....initial reports said it was a drug warrant.:confused:

Krugerrand
01-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Utah Governor Gary Herbert said he was "shocked and saddened" by the shooting, calling it a "dreadful reminder that we should all be grateful for our brave law enforcement professionals who daily put their lives on the line."

odd, that wasn't what came to my mind first.

Pericles
01-06-2012, 11:43 AM
It gets even "better" - from the AP

http://hosted2.ap.org/txdam/54828a5e8d9d48b7ba8b94ba38a9ef22/Article_2012-01-05-Utah%20Officers%20Shot/id-dc61dd1b5f264a0dbc15249bb81b1224

Money quote:

Utah court records show Stewart's criminal history includes only a 2005 conviction for a class B misdemeanor traffic violation — operating a vehicle without insurance. A judge found him guilty after a bench trial and ordered him to pay a $350 fine.

In a possibly related development, I just got my auto insurance renewal in the mail yesterday.:)

Krugerrand
01-06-2012, 11:45 AM
The officers from an anti-drug task force went to the suburban Salt Lake City house as part of a routine drug-related investigation. They knocked on the door and identified themselves, he said.

"When there was no answer, they forced entry onto the door," he said. "When they entered, the officers came under fire."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/10026623

If you bust into somebody's hose, you deserve to get shot.

Why could the house not have been surrounded and they call the guy on the phone and tell him to come out?

Using the current police logic, had the two gentleman that busted into the Oklahoma woman's house flasely identified themselves as police, she should have politely let them in:
Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?346190-Okla.-Woman-Shoots-Kills-Intruder&p=3957068#post3957068

A person in this vet's shoes should be innocent until it can be PROVEN that he knew without a doubt that the people that busted into his house were in fact police with a legitimate warrant. That should be a SUPER HIGH bar to prove. Just because they announced it does not mean that he KNEW they were not lying.

Krugerrand
01-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I would LOVE to see 500 vet and active duty army do a open carry protest in front of the judge's house who signed the warrant.

oyarde
01-06-2012, 11:59 AM

http://hosted2.ap.org/txdam/54828a5e8d9d48b7ba8b94ba38a9ef22/Article_2012-01-05-Utah%20Officers%20Shot/id-dc61dd1b5f264a0dbc15249bb81b1224

Money quote:

Utah court records show Stewart's criminal history includes only a 2005 conviction for a class B misdemeanor traffic violation — operating a vehicle without insurance. A judge found him guilty after a bench trial and ordered him to pay a $350 fine.

In a possibly related development, I just got my auto insurance renewal in the mail yesterday.:) I pay mine monthly , mailed it today !

oyarde
01-06-2012, 12:02 PM

Money quote: Utah court records show Stewart's criminal history includes only a 2005 conviction for a class B misdemeanor traffic violation — operating a vehicle without insurance. A judge found him guilty after a bench trial and ordered him to pay a $350 fine.

In a possibly related development, I just got my auto insurance renewal in the mail yesterday.:) The fine appears to be somewhat excessive if he had done no damage . I pay less than $60 a month for full coverage .

Philhelm
01-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah right......

War on Vets?

That's what they get for donating to someone like Ron Paul. /s

aGameOfThrones
01-06-2012, 12:26 PM
The fine appears to be somewhat excessive if he had done no damage . I pay less than $60 a month for full coverage .

It's not about the fine, it's about being taught to ask permission from the government for every little thing.

"all you need to teach is a little intimidation... And fear!"- moral oral show

Lucille
01-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Diane Sawyer did a piece on this last night, which led into how criminals have more powerful firearms than the cops, and how more cops are getting killed than ever before. Another war on cops story, basically, which will lead to more calls for gun control.

Of course the Statist shill didn't mention the fact that if not for the feckless War on Some Drugs (which has only served to nullify our liberties, increase the police state, create a huge new criminal class to enrich the PIC, and of course drug lords, beyond their wildest dreams) this guy wouldn't have killed that cop.

Predictable consequences (http://voxday.blogspot.com/search/label/NWA%20was%20right)

There isn't an organized "war on cops" anymore than there is an actual "war on criminals" being waged by the police. This is simply the natural reaction to the police unilaterally deciding to militarize their police operations and allow their officers to preemptively shoot people who aren't shooting at them. It doesn't take a whole lot of well-covered incidents where police shoot unarmed and even handcuffed men for criminals to realize that they are in a no quarter situation whenever they find themselves facing arrest.

XNavyNuke
01-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I would LOVE to see 500 vet and active duty army do a open carry protest in front of the judge's house who signed the warrant.

I'd love to see one, so called professional, journalist get a copy of the warrant. Would not surprise me if the raid was on a tip from a confidential informant.

XNN

aGameOfThrones
01-06-2012, 02:28 PM
This is what they do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV6Bq8xeQrU

Krugerrand
01-06-2012, 02:57 PM
I'd love to see one, so called professional, journalist get a copy of the warrant. Would not surprise me if the raid was on a tip from a confidential informant.

XNN

Confidential informants should not be allowed as a basis for a warrant.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-06-2012, 07:20 PM
a damn shame what is happening in America

cant help but wonder if there is more to this story than a simple ' drug raid '

either way a damn shame , but i wouldn't trust one word from the media and its overlords

Pericles
01-06-2012, 07:48 PM
a damn shame what is happening in America

cant help but wonder if there is more to this story than a simple ' drug raid '

either way a damn shame , but i wouldn't trust one word from the media and its overlords

6 to one casualty ratio is pretty good, and this guy was a signal MOS, not even combat arms, so the bar has been set for us ex combat arms guys. Back in the days of NATO vs. Warsaw Pact, we were told we had to get a 3 to one ratio.

Echoes
01-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Heroically defended himself.

We need a million more like this Vet.

aGameOfThrones
01-07-2012, 11:22 AM
After an honorable discharge, Matthew returned to Ogden but began having problems with depression and anxiety, his father said. The elder Stewart said his son didn’t want to use prescription drugs, choosing instead to self-medicate with home-grown marijuana.

Questions about the circumstances of the raid — how many shots were fired and by whom; whether the gun battle was inside or outside the house, or both; and whether any of the injuries may have resulted from "friendly fire" involving other officers — remained unanswered. Formal requests to both the Weber County Attorney’s Office and Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force for police reports on the raid, details of the search warrant and associated public information also remained unanswered as of Saturday.

Late Friday night, Stewart’s home still was being processed by investigators. Among the items taken from the home were large PVC pipes with holes in them and fluorescent lighting systems — typical components of an indoor marijuana growing operation.

Stewart allegedly opened fire when a total of 12 officers, having received no response after knocking and identifying themselves, entered Stewart’s one-story, red brick home. Police, while indicating they came under a hail of bullets, have not released details on the type of firearm or firearms Stewart purportedly used — though the family of one of the wounded officers claimed the suspect was armed with multiple guns.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53251293-78/stewart-ogden-police-officer.html.csp

Expatriate
01-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Interesting comment:

How did 6 highly trained officers get shot by a single gunman without that gunman being critically wounded? And how is it that they were shot upon entrance into the house yet they capture the alleged suspect in his backyard shed? I think the policemen were victims of "friendly fire"!! And all of this occurred because someone was afraid of a harmless green plant!

Pericles
01-07-2012, 02:54 PM
The longer the info blackout lasts, the worse the police will look.

(A) If there had been any illegal drugs there - that fact would trumpeted loudly by now.
(B) Try and find the warrant and who swore to it
(C) "friendly" fire is a possibility as we know that Stewart was ultimately persuaded to surrender and came out of a shed still mobile
(D) No one can confirm that Stewart was shot - did he break a toe stumbling out the back door?
(E) 50% of the raid team was taken out, and the "suspect" was still combat capable

and so on.

Barrex
01-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Every death is tragic. People shouldnt portray those policeofficers as devils. They are having families, mortgages etc. like any of us. Bad laws dictated by politicians and lobbyists I blame more than homeowner or policeofficers that were sent to arrest him.

"No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

Danke
01-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Every death is tragic. People shouldnt portray those policeofficers as devils. They are having families, mortgages etc. like any of us. Bad laws dictated by politicians and lobbyists I blame more than homeowner or policeofficers that were sent to arrest him.

Ahh, yes. The Universal Soldier Cop.

Barrex
01-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Ahh, yes. The Universal Soldier Cop.

Sorry I have seen the movie but dont understand your point.

Pericles
01-07-2012, 06:46 PM

We were just following orders in enforcing the law, we are not responsible for the law being just. That defense didn't work at Nürnberg.

Everything the Nazis did to the Jews from 1935 to 1945 was legal under German law.

heavenlyboy34
01-07-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ZFuAaH7xw

Military veteran?

The Department of Homeland Security's humble beginning since its inception is now being subtlety and stealth turned into becoming more and more molded closer to the WW2 German Nazi Gestapo by DHS top managements; and if the public do not advocate to protect the democratic governance of a republic and its people, DHS will convince everyone that their authority is supreme over them or the public and even over the country of United States with protected freedom and opportunity.

Whereby the departmentalization of making a pyramid scheme as oppose to a democratic process of protection - from which the bottom workers are prevented in having access or say to which direction on how they should operate or even have a say on their employment conditions; but instead are made to bow down and accept that the top management are the supreme power for which they have vested on to themselves (being insisted through unfair laws and bureaucratic arrangements they create for themselves).

We all grew up in a republic of democracy and liberty of having protections of rights and justice, even within police and military organisation after respecting the chain of commands and code of conduct emplace by their oath to the public and for their country - to ensure none dictatorial tyranny can develop.

Sadly, DHS head Janet Napolitano have been sending reports to all law enforcement officers in the US advising them to US military veterans as likely to become terrorists.

That's one of the "domestic threats" America has to be paranoid about in daily form in order to give yourselves of never to question authority.

Americans...you pay for this woman's salary and her posse of corrupt cronies in BILLIONS of dollars per year while they bankrupt and made destitute of mass populations of Americans, as this woman and all others of her associates have become more abusive every passing day in order to keep the status quo you gave them and for you to forget that they are the public servant who are now acting as public masters of ruling class to your working class.
I didn't. I have no memory of a time in which the cops and military were just a bunch of good guys there to serve the public. It's only gotten worse in the last decade.

Danke
01-07-2012, 06:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CmHmKjIVKs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1DGkjGOTWA&feature=related

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-07-2012, 09:29 PM
there is definitely more to this . . .

this is not the first case of them busting into a vets home for self medicating with herbs

where are they getting there info from ?

i'll tell you one thing, from what i have heard, lots of members on mj sites have been getting popped like never before

this and the recent medical mj crackdown . . .

Barrex
01-07-2012, 10:41 PM
We were just following orders in enforcing the law, we are not responsible for the law being just. That defense didn't work at Nürnberg.

Everything the Nazis did to the Jews from 1935 to 1945 was legal under German law.

Come on you can compare Nazi holocaust with policeofficers executing warrant. In video quoted down Ron Paul admits he was Universal Soldier. I think/belive that most of officers going in that house didnt even know all details about mission and whom are they going to arrest. They were given orders and they acted in good faith that their higher ranking bosses are sending them on just assignment.... I am not taking sides on this one. I simply dont know all the facts like any of us on this forum. Life was lost, people were stoot,persons home was intruded.... I simply dont know and I am not hasting to point finger and blame anyone.

"Dont judge man if you didnt walked in his shoes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CmHmKjIVKs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1DGkjGOTWA&feature=related

Thanks. There is a great truth in that song....

“Peace is its own reward.”