PDA

View Full Version : Has NH EVER pick the same candidate as IA???

Antwan15
01-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Romney won IA right?

I know NH kinda prides itself on voting different than "hillbillies" in IA, at least thats the case in recent memory.

This has got to be good for us right?! We are clearly in second in NH, and the only guy ahead of us just won IA.

On top of that, Romney is getting absolutly blasted by Noot today and that will continue all week.

All this plus a strong perfomance in this weekends debate and......Me thinks we got a great shot in NH!

Tax the Fed
01-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Romney won IA right?

I know NH kinda prides itself on voting different than "hillbillies" in IA, at least thats the case in recent memory.

This has got to be good for us right?! We are clearly in second in NH, and the only guy ahead of us just won IA.

On top of that, Romney is getting absolutly blasted by Noot today and that will continue all week.

All this plus a strong perfomance in this weekends debate and......Me thinks we got a great shot in NH!

George W. Bush in 2000 - I think.

Do you refer to the libertarians and law students of Iowa as what . . . ?

Winning 17 counties - plus the virtual tie with Romney in the two other university counties / Iowa State and University of Iowa
(Story and Johnson Counties respectively) is really more delegates in the pipeline for the long caucus process than
the Faux News and CBS News pundits are willing to admit.

Blackhawk County - University of Northern Iowa Panthers (beat Kansas in March Madness a couple years ago right ?)
was won outright by Ron Paul, as was how we crushed Santorum in the eastern part of Iowa
(which was the original state of Iowa in 1846 before there even was a Des Moines)

Yeah, it'd be clearer cut for ya' if Iowa was a primary instead of a caucus,
but so what . . . we jus' like Nevada son.

wgadget
01-05-2012, 04:31 PM
God knows they won't go for Frothy the hatemonger.

zadrock
01-05-2012, 04:33 PM
George W. Bush in 2000 - I think.

Do you refer to the libertarians and law students of Iowa as what . . . ?

Winning 17 counties - plus the virtual tie with Romney in the two other university counties / Iowa State and University of Iowa
(Story and Johnson Counties respectively) is really more delegates in the pipeline for the long caucus process than the Faux news and CBS News.

Yeah, it'd be clearer cut for ya' if Iowa was a primary instead of a caucus,
but so what . . . we jus' like Nevada son.

I thought McCain won NH in 2000 and then Rove destroyed McCain in SC.

TexMac
01-05-2012, 04:36 PM
God knows they won't go for Frothy the hatemonger.That's what we thought about McCain in 2008, but he ended up winning NH. All the "antiwar" people voted for him.

Tax the Fed
01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
I thought McCain won NH in 2000 and then Rove destroyed McCain in SC.

Yeah I was thinkin McShame did pull that off, so I am wrong.

McCain did alot of George W. Bush bashing in the 2000 race in Iowa.

And now McCain is endorsing McRomney.

Karsten
01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Kerry 2004 won both Iowa and New Hampshire. I don't mean to jinx it, but he's a lot like Romney.

Bruno
01-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Only on the Democratic side.

zadrock
01-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Kerry 2004 won both Iowa and New Hampshire. I don't mean to jinx it, but he's a lot like Romney.

Oh man, I've been stressing this exact thing to all my Republican friends who refuse to vote Paul. I say Romney is the Republican version of Kerry from 2004.

But since they are mostly indistinguishable from the incumbent, most Americans will stick with what they've got, *especially* since, in both cases, Americans actually like the President. No one liked Kerry and no one likes Romney. People like Bush and Obama.

EBounding
01-05-2012, 04:54 PM
For better or for worse, throw out all conventional wisdom and election history out the window. This is a whole new ballgame.

Tax the Fed
01-05-2012, 04:55 PM

I recall McShame had considered - or was considered as - a running mate for Kerry in '04 -
he was that much against George W. Bush, that centrist McCain.

seapilot
01-05-2012, 05:08 PM
New Hampshire likes to pick candidates who are underdogs, so a Romney landslide might be over stated there. He did not win last time so there plenty enough people there that will be looking for someone else to vote for. If Romney does not win NH he is toast, because it is basically almost his home state.

Karsten
01-05-2012, 05:10 PM
I recall McShame had considered - or was considered as - a running mate for Kerry in '04 -
he was that much against George W. Bush, that centrist McCain.
Yep, I remember hearing that in 2004, but I completely forgot about it until just now.
While the Kerry campaign wanted Mccain as the VP, it was never seriously considered by Mccain. Although Kerry was indeed pro-war, the Democratic base was largely anti-war, and Kerry at least had to try to pander to them in the race (like Obama did, but in the end they're all pro-war), something super-hawk Mccain would never be able to do.

Mccain was against Bush because of the nasty 2000 race. However, he was all for Bush on policy, especially the war. In fact, I believe as President Mccain would be the most pro-war President we've ever had.

tbone717
01-05-2012, 05:49 PM
The only time was 1976 where Ford won Iowa and NH.

Bruno
01-05-2012, 05:51 PM
The only time was 1976 where Ford won Iowa and NH.

But he was not elected president.

Duckman
01-05-2012, 05:51 PM
For better or for worse, throw out all conventional wisdom and election history out the window. This is a whole new ballgame.

QFT

asurfaholic
01-05-2012, 08:22 PM
QFT

What does QFT stand for?

Karsten
01-05-2012, 08:24 PM
But he was not elected president.
Neither was Kerry. In fact, Iowa went from Democrat in 2000 to Bush in 2004 in the general election after Kerry won there in the caucus.