PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Fields Tweets that "Paultards" is Offensive

bobbyw24
01-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Michelle Fields

I don't care if you like or dislike @RonPaul...the use of "Paultards" to describe Paul supporters is offensive.

www.twitter.com/MichelleFields

ronpaulitician
01-05-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm a Paultard.

Xenophage
01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I wear "Paultard" as a badge of honor. Couldn't count how many times someone has called me that on the internet. Never to my face, though :rolleyes:

cjm
01-05-2012, 03:45 PM
fiat currencies are offensive.

TIMB0B
01-05-2012, 03:46 PM
I find it humorous. Doesn't bother me much.

AlexG
01-05-2012, 03:46 PM
I dont mind Paultard, Paulbot, Paulite, Paulista. I'm honored to be referenced to Ron Paul

schiffheadbaby
01-05-2012, 03:47 PM
my favorite is "paulistinian" which is used to me on freerepublic (neocon central). I love it, I pity the neocons for their poor understanding of the world

CaptainAmerica
01-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Her account is not verified as the official Michelle Fields, but its the only michelle fields on twitter..so I guess it must be her

Mises_to_Paul
01-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Oddly enough, the use of "Paultards" seems to decrease to the degree that anonymity decreases. Imagine that.

"Paulbots" is another one I've heard. Because goodness knows, Paul supports are mindless automatons that blindly follow whatever our dear leader says.

CJLauderdale4
01-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Newt's third wife's pinnochio-sized nose is offensive

trey4sports
01-05-2012, 04:04 PM
I think It should be a term for getting drunk on Liberty.

I.E.

I'm getting Paultarded on some Mises tonight.

Tyler_Durden
01-05-2012, 04:06 PM
The Status Quo is offensive.

JK/SEA
01-05-2012, 04:06 PM
I'ma PaulSpaz.

Eryxis
01-05-2012, 04:09 PM

I.E.

+1

ctiger2
01-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Go for the PC PaulBot...

Brett85
01-05-2012, 04:23 PM
That is a very offensive term in my opinion. I didn't like it any better when Neil Boortz called the Occupy Wall Street people "occutards."

RPsupporterAtHeart
01-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I've learned more about government and politics in general from Ron Paul than I had my whole life before. So I consider myself a Paulitician . I'm proud of that.

doctor jones
01-05-2012, 04:28 PM

I.E.

You mean we're gonna get Paulstered at the party tonight?

Nate
01-05-2012, 04:31 PM

I.E.

+rep

WINNER, don't be offended. OWN IT! If an "offensive" ad hominem is all your intellectual opponent has in his pitiful arsenal of childish debate tactics then I say just take away his toy.

nano1895
01-05-2012, 04:32 PM
I was called a Paulsberg a couple of weeks ago. Didn't know what to make of that but it sounded cool :P

TIMB0B
01-05-2012, 04:32 PM

I.E.

Let's get Paultarded in here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8noUTKdCkE8

coastie
01-05-2012, 04:41 PM
It's interesting to see so many supporters of a man so against the placing of individuals into groups embracing collectivism.

The term-no matter what it is- is offensive, and I see where Michelle is coming from here. It has a negative connotation to it, and instantly paints the individuals in that "group" as stupid, or retarded for being in that group. I have seen first hand how people use this term, and what they think of those they are applying it to.

Heard Paulistinian before-what does that say? Because to the FOX news is gospel watching crowd(and probably most of America) Palestinians are terrorists-do you see where this can lead?

Why is it only Ron Paul supporters are called "Ron Paul" supporters? You never here of anyone called "Romney" supporters, or "Gingrich" supporters, nope-they are just called Republican voters.

The point(and I think Michelle's) is that people are this shallow and will base an important decision on stuff like this alone.

Bruno
01-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I think it is offensive because of the root of it being retarded which is offensive in itself, and very rude especially when it comes from the supposedly compassionate left.

Deborah K
01-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Being called a Paulbot or Paultard only encourages me.

The Goat
01-05-2012, 04:52 PM
My brother is autistic so it kinda pisses me off a little. could care less about what insensitive jackasses think though. Republicrat pisses them off more than it gets to me. XD

eleganz
01-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Im a Paultard and proud of it.

Maltheus
01-05-2012, 05:12 PM
It's just another way of saying we're special.

growburn13
01-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Buddy RTs and agrees

https://twitter.com/#!/BuddyRoemer/status/155052684066557952

eduardo89
01-05-2012, 05:15 PM
I think it is offensive because of the root of it being retarded which is offensive in itself, and very rude especially when it comes from the supposedly compassionate left.

I think the phrase mentally retarded is much less offensive than the PC bullshit like "special" or "challenged" which to me seem so demeaning and condescending. Not as offensive as words previously used such as "feeble minded" and "imbecile" for sure.

Libertea Party
01-05-2012, 05:15 PM

This.

Bruno
01-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I think the phrase mentally retarded is much less offensive than the PC bullshit like "special" or "challenged" which to me seem so demeaning and condescending. Not as offensive as words previously used such as "feeble minded" and "imbecile" for sure.

Your opinion, certainly, but those I have talked to in charitable work who have family members with mental challenges find it very offensive.

eduardo89
01-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Your opinion, certainly, but those I have talked to in charitable work who have family members with mental challenges find it very offensive.

I had two cousins with down syndrome (one passed away last year) and I've done a lot of charity work with the mentally disabled. I think the problem with "retarded" is the way it's morphed into an insult over the past few decades, just like imbecile and idiot did before that. Even the word cretin has taken a negative connotation even though it comes from the word Christian and was meant to signify that people with disabilities were just as much humans and Christians as the ret of us and deserved the same respect and treatment. If you look at the word retarded though, it simply means delayed and I know "developmentally delayed" is used very often nowadays, particularly in Britain. It's seen as saying that an individual simply is taking longer than "normal" to reach his full potential. I kind of like that phrase.

But yes, you're right that retarded is seen as quite offensive nowadays and I wouldn't personally use it. I just find PC phrases such as special and challenged more offensive as I see them as very condescending.

lilymc
01-05-2012, 05:34 PM
I think it says more about the person saying it, than who it's directed at. It's so childish, and to me it just shows their cluelessness.