PDA

View Full Version : Tom McClintock sells out

winston84
11-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Taken from a member of my MeetUp...

I used to call California State Senator Tom McClintock the "Ron Paul of California". Almost philosophically equals. I got lots of people to vote for him when he ran for Governor, then for Lt. Governor.

I went into complete shock when I discovered that he became Fred Thompson's CA Campaign Chairman. (Article on this at http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/10/31/MNSET3KE1.DTL).

I wrote to him expressing my disappointment a few days ago. He had always responded quickly in the past. This time, I got no response. (Benefit of the doubt: Maybe he is on vacation or otherwise indisposed). Most likely he did it for political purposes and can't explain it in logical terms. As far as I'm concerned, he sold out his principles.

There is some hope that he can change his mind if enough people tell him that is not the right thing to do.

Please write to the good Senator and try to bring him to his senses. Be polite & use your own words. He can be reached at: senator.mcclintock@sen.ca.gov

Thank you all for your support!

Paul4Prez
11-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey, Al Gore endorsed Howard Dean, and Dean still didn't get past the first month of the primaries. If someone as intelligent as Al Gore can miscalculate, so can Tom McClintock. I bet he'll feel pretty silly when Paul tops Thompson in fourth quarter fundraising.

There is audio of McClintock calling Ron Paul "the George Washington of our day" on a San Diego radio station, though.

Syren123
11-11-2007, 01:36 AM
That is unspeakably unbelievable.

What a turncoat MFer. He told one of our people in Orange County that if Ron Paul polled at 10%, he'd support him because although he (McClintock)looks like a maverick, he's really just a political whore like everybody else.

Okay he didn't say the whore part.

So...that was back around 10/17 and on the 31st, he endorsed Fred? Fred is free-falling!!! Was he gonna give RP a coupla weeks to move up in the polls? What's the rush to endorse Fred?
Tom McClintock..the only hope for the old GOP in CA, is just another old skooler who needs to be weeded out.

angrydragon
11-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Damn. Hopefully he changes his mind.

Paul4Prez
11-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Damn. Hopefully he changes his mind.

He should. Thompson is dropping like a rock in the polls, and Ron Paul is moving up, with a lot more upside as more people learn about him, and increasingly see that he really is viable.

Primbs
11-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Endorsements only mean so much and can be overrated.

George Bush had all the endorsements in 1980 and Reagan had very few. Reagan Won.

What counts are committed supporters who willing to do the leg work. We have those.

We need to try to convince these folks in California.

http://www.flashreport.org/

California Public Policy Foundation

http://www.cppf.us/

nexus7
11-15-2007, 12:18 AM
I never liked nor trusted McCLIN-TON-tok.

I believe his eyes tell he is a sellout. I thought this long ago. He was always soft on immigration too. He said he'd be for a fence but never did a damn thing. He's more of the same. Status quo/waste of time.

Platondas
11-26-2007, 11:52 AM
This is disappointing for me to hear, I was a big fan of his during the recall. I wonder if he could be persuaded to rejoin the fold.

literatim
11-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Bump.

Grandson of Liberty
12-13-2007, 02:58 AM
This is disappointing for me to hear, I was a big fan of his during the recall.

Same here. :(

Paul4Prez
01-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know how to contact Tom McClintock?

With Fred dropping out, McClintock endorsing Ron Paul RIGHT NOW would be a big win-win for both McClintock and Paul.

Ron Paul would be taken that much more seriously in California, and McClintock would win the support of the thousands of Ron Paul volunteers in California Meetup groups. He helps Ron Paul win, then we help him win a Senate seat, and get him ready to mount a serious Presidential bid down the road.

RonPaulFTW08
01-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Taken from a member of my MeetUp...

Quote:
I used to call California State Senator Tom McClintock the "Ron Paul of California". Almost philosophically equals. I got lots of people to vote for him when he ran for Governor, then for Lt. Governor.

I went into complete shock when I discovered that he became Fred Thompson's CA Campaign Chairman. (Article on this at http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../MNSET3KE1.DTL).

I wrote to him expressing my disappointment a few days ago. He had always responded quickly in the past. This time, I got no response. (Benefit of the doubt: Maybe he is on vacation or otherwise indisposed). Most likely he did it for political purposes and can't explain it in logical terms. As far as I'm concerned, he sold out his principles.

There is some hope that he can change his mind if enough people tell him that is not the right thing to do.

Please write to the good Senator and try to bring him to his senses. Be polite & use your own words. He can be reached at: senator.mcclintock@sen.ca.gov

Thank you all for your support!

Well since Fred's officially out now, it would probably be an excellent time to hit him up?????

Also.. I just heard that he ran against Arnold and lost to him (yeah I'm kinda "new" to politics..). Anyways so he loses to Arnold and then goes on to endorse another actor? WHAT WAS HE THINKING!

Malum Prohibitum
01-23-2008, 01:01 AM
McClintock has always been a sell out, he is just sold to the big business interests and insurance companies instead of to the unions and illegals. Ill take a big bite of my hat if he endorses RP before the convention.

oldworldorder
01-23-2008, 03:06 AM
I really was shocked and quite honestly embarrassed when McClintock, who I had supported relentlessly for years sent out his announcement last fall endorsing Thompson, I think he was also the campaign coordinator in CA. Total sell out. He got a letter and an unsubscribe from me on that one.

Nonetheless an endorsement might be helpful in the CA closed primary to help lead our aimless state Republicans to the ballot box in spite of themselves, but lets face it - if he wasn't an establishment goon he would have never supported a CFR member in the first place so not holding my breath for that one. I think he, along with many other politicians and talking heads who try and act Constitutional are simply threatened by the presence of the real thing. We'll see.

dblee
01-23-2008, 06:38 AM
i liked him a lot.

maybe we can entice him with promise of support for his future campaigns. we are not an insignificant force here.

evadmurd
01-23-2008, 06:41 AM
Yeah, if too many bridges haven't been burned.

Arkris
01-23-2008, 09:32 PM
I remember that in the exit polls from the recall election, a majority of people said they had a favorable opinion of McClintock, and might consider voting for him if they thought he actually had a chance. It drove me insane that if all of the people who wanted to vote for him, regardless of his chances, had voted for him, he would have won!

It seems to me like this could be our biggest obstacle with Ron Paul. We have to remind people that their vote is worthless if they don't vote for the person they want to win.

Malum Prohibitum
01-23-2008, 10:33 PM
http://www.carepublic.com/blog.html

Tidewise
01-24-2008, 12:46 AM
I too was absolutely floored when McClintock endorsed Thompson.

McClintock is a great guy - there is no other candidate for him except for Ron Paul. Let every Californian write to him and respectfully point out why this is true. Make sure you let him know you will vote for him over the Governator any day.

http://www.carepublic.com/blog.html

Tidewise
01-24-2008, 12:48 AM
[edited]

BreakYourChains
01-24-2008, 12:49 AM
i liked him a lot.

maybe we can entice him with promise of support for his future campaigns. we are not an insignificant force here.

Sorry, but why would we want him? If he is fair weather and follows the money, why entice him back? We are trying to get rid of this ilk!

Tidewise
01-24-2008, 01:17 AM
Sorry, but why would we want him? If he is fair weather and follows the money, why entice him back? We are trying to get rid of this ilk!

NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO PULL AN ATTITUDE! McClintock is a principled a state senator who is a true fiscal conservative. He is very persuasive among California conservatives and especially TALK RADIO! I was deeply disappointed when he endorsed Fred Thompson, and can't explain other than that it was several months ago before Ron Paul finished the last quarter of 2007 with a bang, got second in Nevada and Louisiana (maybe a first there).

Freddy is gone now. A McClintock endorsement before the primaries would be HUGE for Dr. Paul.

Please take a moment to contact McClintock and respectfully request that he endorse Ron Paul. Important points are fiscal conservatism, pro-life, and RP's strong anti-illegal alien position. Let him know that Ron Paul's support in California is real.

I suggest we each contact him in one of several ways.

His blog:
http://www.carepublic.com/index.html

Email:
info@carepublic.com
senator.mcclintock@sen.ca.gov

Please do this. Use our power for good.

RPfan
01-24-2008, 01:24 AM
Done.

fmontez
01-24-2008, 01:34 AM
It's a personal endorsement, he can and should endorse who he favors... I expect that he gave his reasons in his offical endorsement letter, speech, or announcment.

stewie3128
01-24-2008, 02:24 AM

We want the votes he can bring with him. It doesn't matter who those votes are from - the only way you win is with numbers.

Remember, it doesn't matter how strongly each voter feels about their candidate, just that they vote for him: everyone gets one vote.

You know during the Reign of Terror during the French Revolution, if people were overheard to be "not enthusiastic enough" about the revolution, they would be arrested. Don't be like that. We're not going to win this election via the theatre of a violent overthrow of the government, we'll win it by winning over modest, down-to-earth people who reliably vote. "Real people." Don't ever forget that.