PDA

View Full Version : Obama Following RP's Lead...

rubantin
01-05-2012, 03:08 PM
He is having an effect on both sides... Unfortunately, unlike RP they don't follow through...

"Obama unveils plans for pared-down military" - CNN

sailingaway
01-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately it will work with a bunch who will never ask themselves 'next term, when Obama isn't running again, what leverage will we have to make him live up to promises?' Ron Paul is who he is

Also, I'd trust our defense more to Ron's paring it down than to Obama's.

rubantin
01-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Here is the video

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/05/politics/pentagon-strategy-shift/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Miss Annie
01-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately it will work with a bunch who will never ask themselves 'next term, when Obama isn't running again, what leverage will we have to make him live up to promises?' Ron Paul is who he is

Also, I'd trust our defense more to Ron's paring it down than to Obama's.

Exactly! A pared down military that is actively fighting a war? A recipe for disaster maybe? You end the wars first, then pare down!

RockEnds
01-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Obama's not talking about bringing the troops home and ending the wars. He's talking about cutting personnel and trimming benefits. I'm sure it's hard to buy bombs AND provide health care. He's certainly not suggesting Guard and Reserve troops be laid off. The troops will still be available. They just won't be active duty federal employees. And, in stark contrast to Obama's grand scheme, Ron Paul has stated repeatedly that we need to provide retirement and health care to our veterans.

This is nothing like what Ron Paul has proposed. Although, it could be helpful to have the POTUS admitting that our current defense budget is unsustainable.

ronpaul1
01-05-2012, 04:13 PM
He is having an effect on both sides... Unfortunately, unlike RP they don't follow through...

"Obama unveils plans for pared-down military" - CNN

what a hypricrite. He just created a 2500 person base in australia