PDA

View Full Version : How come Arabs can organize the Arab Spring - and we aren't doing anything?

floridarp
01-05-2012, 03:06 PM
This is our last chance to get Ron elected. We need to do something big.

All the middle eastern countries organized on facebook and overthrew dictators.... let's do something big....

there were suggestions of a run/ walk / march.

Let's do something..... Board moderators need to setup up a poll to mail to everyone that is registered so we can decide what to do and let's make it happen!!!!!!!!

erowe1
01-05-2012, 03:11 PM
I have a feeling that if you really peeled back the layers and found out who organized the so-called Arab Spring, you wouldn't find Arabs.

Seraphim
01-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Simple answer:

Americans aren't hungry....yet.

floridarp
01-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Well I don't mean it in a condescending way. I mean the people in such poor countries and with little communication were able to group together.

we have much better communication systems then they do - and a lot less to worry about - legally if we went to the streets with signs.

CaptainAmerica
01-05-2012, 03:14 PM
SIMPLE answer:

U.S. Pentagon +astroturf +C130 planes equipped with propaganda and wireless internet broadcasting capability...with social networking abilities over Egypt.

get a clue.

floridarp
01-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Lets all march to washington and have a big show-up or something.

Who is in?

floridarp
01-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Okay this wasn't to ask why we can't do anything - it was meant to inspire and organize something haha.

-C-
01-05-2012, 03:26 PM
This is our last chance to get Ron elected. We need to do something big.

All the middle eastern countries organized on facebook and overthrew dictators.... let's do something big....

there were suggestions of a run/ walk / march.

Let's do something..... Board moderators need to setup up a poll to mail to everyone that is registered so we can decide what to do and let's make it happen!!!!!!!!

You seem to leave out the fact that MI5/CIA/DoD/JOSC/State department's millions of dollars being poured into these so-called "springs."

Pericles
01-05-2012, 03:48 PM
People who still think that they have something to lose, have a lower level of participation in high risk activities.

redbluepill
01-05-2012, 05:29 PM
deleted.

Think I just found the writer of the 'racist' newsletters :-D

Dr.3D
01-05-2012, 05:33 PM
You seem to leave out the fact that MI5/CIA/DoD/JOSC/State department's millions of dollars being poured into these so-called "springs."

Yep, those people are being duped into doing what they are doing.

jkr
01-05-2012, 05:55 PM
/

&

conquer

ryanmkeisling
01-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Think I just found the writer of the 'racist' newsletters :-D

LMAO

bbartlog
01-05-2012, 07:41 PM
The price of bread became too high in the Arab world.
When gas hits $10 per gallon here, maybe you'll see some similar things. Except the CIA will be on the side of the government.

Icymudpuppy
01-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Well I don't mean it in a condescending way. I mean the people in such poor countries and with little communication were able to group together.

we have much better communication systems then they do - and a lot less to worry about - legally if we went to the streets with signs.

They live in family groups. Extended family all live together. Communities are very close-knit. They may not be as active on the internet, but they are MUCH more active in their local meetups...

floridarp
01-06-2012, 12:52 PM
AGAIN - this was not meant to ask why arabs can or are able to strike

it was meant to ask why aren't we doing something a little more grandiose than just trolling the internet everyday.

So far all I got was excuses.

Kevin Smyth
01-06-2012, 01:16 PM
deleted

That's nonsense, the results of these Arab spring overthrows so far is the movement toward more radical Islamic rule than under the previous leaders. Many Muslim nations don't even practice genital mutilation so you don't know what you are talking about.

Kevin Smyth
01-06-2012, 01:21 PM

it was meant to ask why aren't we doing something a little more grandiose than just trolling the internet everyday.

I like your idea, what's needed is a huge march on the headquarters of Fox News right in New York City with signs such as Dick Morris Lies. Nothing is more damaging to Ron Paul's campaign than the bias he has received from Fox News. Basically Fox News campaign coverage is just a series of continuous negative ads directed against Ron Paul. I suppose that people could argue that this would hurt Ron Paul's campaign but it might increase our support among Independents and Democrats.

JackieDan
01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
becuase we still have food on the table.

ibaghdadi
01-06-2012, 01:46 PM
I couldn't go along and give each post here a -rep so let me give a big #FAIL.

As someone who has blogged & tweeted every Arab Spring revolution from its very inception, I must say there are lessons to be learned there. But these lessons aren't that it was US-engineered or that Arabs are a riotous lot who need to be put down by a brutal tyrant or else. And it wasn't a food or hunger riot either.

But then again racists normally don't like to be confused by the facts.

#FAIL, RPF.

Kevin Smyth
01-06-2012, 01:53 PM

As someone who has blogged & tweeted every Arab Spring revolution from its very inception, I must say there are lessons to be learned there. But these lessons aren't that it was US-engineered or that Arabs are a riotous lot who need to be put down by a brutal tyrant or else. And it wasn't a food or hunger riot either.

#FAIL, RPF.

There is CIA involvement in the Arab Spring, maybe you don't see it but it is there. You are talking about a nation (America) that has spies in Lebanon meeting in Beirut Pizza Huts to work against Hezbollah, so don't underestimate the intrusive interference of the U.S. government in the internal affairs of other nations.

ExPatPaki
01-06-2012, 01:59 PM
deleted

You must be anti-Semitic. Got any stats on genital mutilation sponsored by governments? No?

libertygrl
01-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I have a feeling that if you really peeled back the layers and found out who organized the so-called Arab Spring, you wouldn't find Arabs.

:D. You might also say that about the birth of the OWS movement too.

jllundqu
01-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Simple answer:

Americans aren't hungry....yet.

Until Amerikans wake up and can't put food on the table and gas in the tank, nothing will change in this land of the sheep and home of the slave.

kuckfeynes
01-06-2012, 02:40 PM

#FAIL, RPF.

Obviously the genetic argument is racist and bunk, and they don't appear to be physically hungry.
But historically the US has been very effective in playing both sides of the fence over there.
So since you seem to have some authority on the subject, can you explain to us why you don't believe the US has a covert hand in it this time?

Delivered4000
01-06-2012, 04:42 PM

#FAIL, RPF.

Well, not all of the places. The CIA backed the dictatorships in Saudi, Bahrain, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia, and Yemen. They were able to suppress the ones in Bahrain and Yemen, but they didn't succeed in Egypt and Tunisia. The revolutions is Egypt and Tunisia happened in spite of the US. However, there are also regimes that aren't client states for the US, like Syria and Libya. There you have CIA involvement in toppling regimes to install ones favorable to Israeli and US imperial interests. Now, this is not to say that there are genuine protestors in Syria and Libya, but the cause has been tainted with foreign involvement.

FreeTraveler
01-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Hey we're doing something. We're in the middle of a regime change ourselves. Let's not get distracted by the soap box or the ammo box as long as the ballot box holds so much promise.

Barrex
01-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Before any serious project can take place we need to organise our selfs.
"Fundraising Planning & Promotion Techniques" is looking like dead place. No one visits it and no one is doing anything about it.

Sorry if I am beeing overly critical. It is with best intentions.

Danke
01-07-2012, 01:10 PM

Fluoride.

moderate libertarian
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Could it be because our MSM is controlled by scum?

sevin
01-08-2012, 09:33 PM
We could peacefully march on D.C., but agent provocateurs would try to incite a riot and we could end up doing more harm than good. Patience.

Icymudpuppy
01-08-2012, 10:32 PM

#FAIL, RPF.

I just said that Muslims in general are more community minded. I consider that a good thing.

mosquitobite
01-08-2012, 10:36 PM
We could peacefully march on D.C., but agent provocateurs would try to incite a riot and we could end up doing more harm than good. Patience.

Like the brand new OP?

Giuliani was there on 911
01-08-2012, 11:25 PM

They'd be middle eastern, but not Arab ;)

SOTR
01-09-2012, 09:10 AM

It looks like veterans are trying - Link to event page (https://www.facebook.com/events/192677970828185/)

mosquitobite
01-09-2012, 09:25 AM
It looks like veterans are trying - Link to event page (https://www.facebook.com/events/192677970828185/)

Oh look- another poster with his first post trying to rile up supporters to try to promote rioting. It'd be comical if it wasn't for the fact that we already know that this is how the government will implement the squashing of liberty.

I'm guessing there are plenty of CIA operatives just waiting in the wings for a crowd so they can play the role of a crazy John Hinkley in order to paint tea partiers/OWS/Ron Paul supporters as terrorists.

rachmiel
01-13-2012, 02:11 PM
LOL Arab spring - more like Islamic winter.