PDA

View Full Version : My local talk radio call regarding Matt Strawn's comment on Ron Paul

Bruno
01-05-2012, 02:25 PM
If this is on a podcast, I will try to find it and post it later.

Matt Strawn was on 98.3 WOW FM this morning, discussing the caucuses. In the only mention about Ron Paul he said that in Ankeny voters chose Mitt Romney, "which show the democrats and independents that turned out did not just turn outfor Ron Paul".

That upset me and makes no sense, because he has no way of knowing who those people that registered Republican in the one precinct he cited actually voted for, and he ignores the countless other princincts where people came out in large numbers to register just to vote for Ron Paul.

So I picked up the phone and called in to the show. I got right on after commercial.

Background on Matt Strawn, he is the Iowa GOP chairman who "didn't know how to read straw poll results" in Ames when he announced Michele Bachmann won and then walked off stage without announcing the rest of the votes, because Ron Paul was 2nd . He left America and the media stunned at his ineptness, until the results were shown on the big screen and the auditorium broke out in cheers and chants of Ron Paul as we saw how close it was. At this point, I believe Brett Baier turned around in disbelief.

Back to my call.

I started off by pointing out that there was no way that Matt could have known who those people in Ankeny that were new Republicans actually voted for, when this new host started calling Ron Paul crazy and that he has absolutely no chance of winning. Though I was nervous on the call, that set the fire in me, and we had a nice match of talking over one another for the next three or four minutes. :D

His points were that Ron Paul was crazy on foreign policy, has no chance of getting elected. I repeatedly told him Romney is unelectable, that nominating him means four more years of Obama, and that every election we hear how important the independents are, and that Ron Paul is #1 with the independents that are needed to win the general.

At one point the idiot rudely said he gets his morning " Ron Paul constitution" or something like that when he sits on the toilet each morning.

He said it would be a ticket of Romney/Santorum, and they would beat Obama. I said that Santorum only won because he was the last of all the candidates to get the pump and dump of the media as 75% of Iowans look for anyone but Romney. He said "you got that talking point from the radio show this morning." "What show?" I asked. "Jan said he was crazy this morning, and said that, that's where you got it." I said, "I didn't listen to any radio show, those were the poll results, that shows no one wants Romney."

Mentioned that Ron is 2nd in NH, and has a great strategy for caucus states and amassing delegates. "Ron Paul is crazy on foreign policy!", he says. I told him there is no way we can sustain these wars and Ron Paul would save $1 trillion by bringing the troops home.

I told him that any ticket that does not include Ron Paul means an Obama 2nd term, and that the only possible chance if Ron Paul does not get the nomination is if Ron Paul was on the ticket. Pointed out also that Rick Santorum made it an embarrassment for Iowa that he won, and that once he becomes vetted that will be evident.

I returned to my early point that Matt Strawn didn't know how to read poll results in Ames, is an embarrassment to the Iowa GOP (may have crossed a line there, but I was on fire), and that if people keep marginalizing Ron Paul, Obama is a two-term president. He said, "Romney will win the nomination and beat Obama." "Yeah, right," I said, "we'll just see about that in November."

Really was surprised he didn't hang up on me earlier. Hope I came across well and it didn't get too heated to turn people off, but hey, the voting is over here, so not much harm done if so. :)

P.S. then after the call, the weather guy came on, and after the weather he asked him what he thought about Ron Paul. "Every time I hear him, I get smarter", he said. :D The radio guy (new host, don't even know his name) then said, "well, he has a lot of good things to say, but his foreign policy..."

matt0611
01-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Nice :) let us know when you get the audio.

sailingaway
01-05-2012, 02:41 PM
+rep! Do post the audio if you find it!

moonbat
01-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Sounds like you did great, thanks.

nowwearefree
01-05-2012, 02:45 PM
tube or it didnt happen :D

great job bro, i admire people that has the courage to speak up, i would never be brave enough to call
That being said, i have been telling my american friends (im not american myself) to vote for ron paul at school

Xenophage
01-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Bruno! Bruno! Bruno!!!! :D

Bruno
01-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks all!

tube or it didnt happen :D

great job bro, i admire people that has the courage to speak up, i would never be brave enough to call
That being said, i have been telling my american friends (im not american myself) to vote for ron paul at school

I was nervous too at first until he was rude and dismissive and name calling Ron, and once I got pissed then the nerves went away and I just let him have it. :)

Jerkface
01-05-2012, 03:22 PM
you are an hero, sir!