PDA

View Full Version : The Best Answer to: Why Does Ron Paul Attract the Youth Vote?

ptruthp34
01-05-2012, 12:20 PM
When Ron Paul is constantly asked this question, I think the best response would be that young people are open-minded and get their information from the internet over the corporate-controlled media.

This would be the perfect opportunity for him to shine a light on the media's awful bias without sounding like he is whining about it, while at the same time convincing people who are watching to do their own research and turn away from the TV to get a better view of the truth. He can even site specific videos for people to google. If the campaign were to create a 5 minute video that dispells all of the media misconceptions, and every time Ron was asked that question he referenced the video, he could start opening the eyes of so many people that are overly influenced by mainstream media and TV.

Jesse Benton said it best when he stated in the CSPAN interview that people need a buffet of information from multiple media chanels to get the most comprehensive and "true" perspective.

What do you all think about this? Ron has been known to respond to this question by saying, "You know, I'm not really sure, but when I ask them, they tell me many different things" and then goes on to list all of his platforms. It's not a bad response but I think any chance we can get to open people's eyes to the bias they subject themselves to by watching TV should be taken. Waking people up is the biggest challenge, and this could go a long way.

Tax the Fed
01-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Exactly . . .
they (younger Republicans) are thinking through this all more analytically imho.

That said, I sincerely believe many older generation Americans can think this through as well,
especially when they decide not to just regurgitate the bs they get on the tube from Faux and the rest.

CaptUSA
01-05-2012, 12:57 PM
"They have access to more information."

And leave it at that. It will make people want to gather more information to see what he's talking about.