PDA

View Full Version : Huntsman is a distraction! They are still pushing Santorum!

mavtek
01-05-2012, 12:08 PM
We need to forget about Huntsman, he's a distraction, look at the front page of Cnn politics http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/. With this national poll crap they will spend the entire afternoon talking about the Santorum surge continuing! Huntsman isn't getting traction anywhere not even in New Hampshire, look at the polls!

Don't let them do this to us again, we need to attack Frothy more than Huntsman. My facebook is littered with sudden Frothy supporters. I've been hitting back hard with this line
Has anyone vetted this guy? He's said some pretty harsh stuff. One quick example "The interview, dated April 20, 2003, had asked him his views on the sexual abuse of children by Catholic priests. Santorum said the priests were engaged in "a basic homosexual relationship". What? Where does that come from?

sailingaway
01-05-2012, 12:10 PM
We need to do both. Media are pushing both and polls are pushing both - we can multitask.

LiveForHonortune
01-05-2012, 12:12 PM
CNN is already taking care of Santorum themselves. So is everybody else on the internet lol

freejack
01-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Huntsman will get his time. They all will. The msm loves the fact that they can manipulate the polls like this. The volatile numbers are good for ratings. They can care less about the havoc they're causing to our electoral process.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2012, 12:19 PM
We need to do both. Media are pushing both and polls are pushing both - we can multitask.

Absolutely! We have to take care of both of them.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Don't let them do this to us again, we need to attack Frothy more than Huntsman. My facebook is littered with sudden Frothy supporters. I've been hitting back hard with this line
Has anyone vetted this guy? He's said some pretty harsh stuff. One quick example "The interview, dated April 20, 2003, had asked him his views on the sexual abuse of children by Catholic priests. Santorum said the priests were engaged in "a basic homosexual relationship". What? Where does that come from?

Mavtek, don't you see that if we ignore Huntsman, that will be opening the door to letting the media do what they did last time? The media propelled Santorum to the top and didn't vet him, intentionally. It happened so quickly that there wasn't enough time to run ads informing voters of his record. What makes you think they won't do the same thing with Huntsman?

No, we have to expose both of them.

RPsupporterAtHeart
01-05-2012, 12:25 PM
The debates this weekend will be geared at hitting Santorum against his record, allowing Gingrich to attack Romney in an "epic dual"m, and at Paul while giving Paul few questions and all directed at unimportant things. All the while lobbing things at Hunstman and Perry to make them sound presidential and top tier.

and voila! they have a very important 5 man race while marginalizing Paul once again. We know the process, hope everyone is expecting it.

Paul is now officially top tier even if the media runs around it, he needs to be aggressive in this debate. Focussing on hitting Romney and addressing the older voters concerns.

jmdrake
01-05-2012, 12:26 PM
We need to forget about Huntsman, he's a distraction, look at the front page of Cnn politics http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/. With this national poll crap they will spend the entire afternoon talking about the Santorum surge continuing! Huntsman isn't getting traction anywhere not even in New Hampshire, look at the polls!

Attacking him on his views of homosexuality may hurt him with independents, but that could be offset by helping him shore up social conservatives. A better strategy are attacks that hurt him either way. For instance his being named one of the most corrupt members of congress. Or his support for Arlen Spectre who went on to support Obamacare. Or his saying that he was against expanding medicare because he "didn't want to make blacks lives betters". That hurts him 3 ways. 1) It's racist. 2) It shows he doesn't understand welfare statistics. (More whites per capita on medicare than blacks). 3) It could hurt him with the senior vote since they are the ones on medicare. Oh yeah, and it's hypocritical since he voted to expand Medicare through the "part D" program.

jmdrake
01-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Mavtek, don't you see that if we ignore Huntsman, that will be opening the door to letting the media do what they did last time? The media propelled Santorum to the top and didn't vet him, intentionally. It happened so quickly that there wasn't enough time to run ads informing voters of his record. What makes you think they won't do the same thing with Huntsman?

No, we have to expose both of them.

Correct. Don't let the media set our campaign agenda. Huntsman is clearly a threat in N.H. He needs to go down.

speciallyblend
01-05-2012, 12:30 PM
We should go after status quo(romney,santorum,newt,perry in that order) . That is all of them. Ron Paul needs to go fatality on their lying biggovgop establishment(status quo) azzez Saturday at the debate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijh4fcapGY4<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijh4fcapGY4">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijh4fcapGY4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijh4fcapGY4)

mavtek
01-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Can't Paul just come out and say "this race is pretty much a 2 man race at this point, myself and Romney"? I realize that might make him look arrogant or whatever, but it would have to get a lot of play in the media. I don't think he'd lose his current base at all and I think it would make him look overall much stronger.

Lord Xar
01-05-2012, 12:46 PM
You are very wrong

CNN is already taking care of Santorum themselves. So is everybody else on the internet lol

LibertyEagle
01-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Can't Paul just come out and say "this race is pretty much a 2 man race at this point, myself and Romney"? I realize that might make him look arrogant or whatever, but it would have to get a lot of play in the media. I don't think he'd lose his current base at all and I think it would make him look overall much stronger.

If you take a look at the press releases, they have said that. lol

Brian4Liberty
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM

The left and liberal media have a dilemma when it comes to Santorum. On the one hand, they are not fond of a candidate that would like a world where homosexuality is illegal. On the other hand, they love that he might take votes away from Ron Paul and that he will bomb Iran. What will they do?

pacu44
01-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Every tea party, republican or "supposed" conservative group I get emails from are pushing this letter from Frothy....

FreedomHorn
01-05-2012, 02:05 PM
They realize Santorum is going nowhere, and are obviously going to try to use NH as a way to push Huntsman to the top-tier.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Huntsman will get his time. They all will. The msm loves the fact that they can manipulate the polls like this. The volatile numbers are good for ratings. They can care less about the havoc they're causing to our electoral process.

This^

Uriah
01-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Huntsman can actually take away soft support from Ron in NH. Many Huntsman supporters have Paul as 2nd choice.

tfurrh
01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
They will keep pumping Santorum for the SC & FL vote.

wowrevolution
01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Santorum is a distraction as well. He's a front man for the Catholic Church and prepping up a theocratic vision of America.

The time for attacking other candidates is over. We need to focus on pushing forward Paul's messages and not attacking other candidates. Romney is the only candidate in the way and we have to REMIND AMERICA of its Constitutional roots and start promoting Paul's messages.

In doing so, we need to show that there ARE Free Market solutions to the problems we face today.