PDA

View Full Version : DHS Officers Armed With Semiautomatics Set Up Unannounced ID Checkpoint

green73
01-05-2012, 10:08 AM
via Drudge
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-officers-armed-with-semiautomatics-set-up-unannounced-id-checkpoint/

Root
01-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Papers please!

BuddyRey
01-05-2012, 10:22 AM
That's interesting. I wonder why they picked a Social Security office specifically as the place to put up their checkpoint.

phill4paul
01-05-2012, 10:23 AM
You want to see MY papers. I want to see YOUR papers. Got a warrant?

Kelly.
01-05-2012, 10:50 AM
You want to see MY papers. I want to see YOUR papers. Got a warrant?

does anyone know how to approach a checkpoint similar to what phil mentioned?

if im asked for ID at a check point, what questions can i ask back to the DHS guy?
do i ask if im a suspect? ask if he has a warrant to search my person?

i thought that if you were stopped you had to give name, DOB and a reason your in the area (this might only be in CO)
just trying to get some civil disobedience options i can use.

the option is always there to leave and come back the next day.

input appreciated.

oyarde
01-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I usually just pat my 12 guage and tell them I do not carry cash and have no time, only ammo :)

Revolution9
01-05-2012, 12:01 PM
That's interesting. I wonder why they picked a Social Security office specifically as the place to put up their checkpoint.

Federal property? So they can have jurisdiction to start and when commonplace step beyond those boundaries to create bogus jurisdiction.

rev9

oyarde
01-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Federal property? So they can have jurisdiction to start and when commonplace step beyond those boundaries to create bogus jurisdiction.

rev9 Yep

No Free Beer
01-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Alex Jones is right about this.

aGameOfThrones
01-05-2012, 12:15 PM
General law enforcement checkpoints are unlawful. Checkpoints must be specific and their primary purpose clearly define within the limitations SCOTUS has imposed.

moostraks
01-05-2012, 12:20 PM

rev9

yep from article,
"The activity was part of Operation Shield, an unannounced drill conducted by the DHS’ Federal Protective Service centered around “detecting the presence of unauthorized persons and potentially disruptive or dangerous activities.”

The Social Security office seems a bizarre place to look for unauthorized persons, disruptive, and dangerous activities. The one we have is manned with an officer. You aren't allowed to have any recording equipment. The place is eerily quiet and depressing to go to and I don't quite know what nefarious goings on could warrant this attention. Storming for ID cards???/s

mosquitobite
01-05-2012, 12:25 PM
I looked for another source because so many people discount InfoWars - but it appears the media doesn't want to report on such an important topic. :/ surprise surprise

oyarde
01-05-2012, 12:27 PM
yep from article,

The Social Security office seems a bizarre place to look for unauthorized persons, disruptive, and dangerous activities. The one we have is manned with an officer. You aren't allowed to have any recording equipment. The place is eerily quiet and depressing to go to and I don't quite know what nefarious goings on could warrant this attention. Storming for ID cards???/s I have been in the one in my hometown once , you accurately described it . Somewhere in between a library / holding cell . Very creepy.

oyarde
01-05-2012, 12:28 PM
What is the security guard for ?

moostraks
01-05-2012, 12:45 PM
I have been in the one in my hometown once , you accurately described it . Somewhere in between a library / holding cell . Very creepy.
:) I was thinking the exact same thing...

moostraks
01-05-2012, 12:49 PM

I have wondered about this as well. I snarked once while waiting that it was to enforce the no pictures rule as I didn't see anyone who could pose a threat there. Most were elderly or trying to get copies/change their social security cards. Maybe because dealing with them is like the IRS and they have driven someone to go postal once years ago???

Expatriate
01-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Those rifles are probably select-fire (fully automatic), not semiautomatic. Remember, they don't have to follow the same set of rules we do.

Kelly.
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
based on this:

"The activity was part of Operation Shield, an unannounced drill conducted by the DHS’ Federal Protective Service centered around “detecting the presence of unauthorized persons and potentially disruptive or dangerous activities.”
is there anything the average person can do?

isnt the federal govt charged with border security, which they will say includes "detecting the presence of unauthorized persons" ?

coastie
01-05-2012, 02:56 PM

Not sure...the one time I've been in recent memory they had an armed security guy there that had to have been 80 yrs old. He was sleeping standing up the whole time I was there(or maybe he died?).

CaptainAmerica
01-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Nazis bleed too

mosquitobite
01-05-2012, 03:22 PM
I wish there was video of this and a news story on it.

This combined with NDAA stuff will at least wake up one soul. Right? RIGHT?!

Pericles
01-05-2012, 03:50 PM
I usually just pat my 12 guage and tell them I do not carry cash and have no time, only ammo :)

Correct answer + rep

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-05-2012, 04:21 PM
It's a resistance test. I think people going to SS offices are usually there to get money or try to get money, so it's unlikely they'd resist much.