PDA

View Full Version : Antiwar protests and Ron Paul

bdillahu
11-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Near my workplace (14th and Peachtree in Atlanta, GA), every Friday there are a group of anti-war protesters that appear for the lunch hour holding signs at this very busy intersection. They normally just stand there and get horns tooted for the "honk if you ..." signs.

Today, one of the protesters that I hadn't seen before was holding her sign up while prominently wearing her Paul2008 T-shirt.

I'm glad to see the publicity, although I wonder sometimes about the association with the "kooks" as a lot of people consider this group (even those who may agree with their sentiment).

Regardless, another Paul sighting :-)

ursamajor
11-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I would not worry about anyone else's affiliations. I would not even discourage them. Ron Paul's supporters are much too diverse and complex to be judged as a whole. All you can do is give them the benefit of the doubt. I think that the campaign is gaining such momentum precisely because it is being introduced to people from so many different directions.

Paulite
11-09-2007, 04:51 PM
yes. remember ron paul was asked to describe his typical supporter and he clearly said he couldnt . his followers are too diverse to make a general judgement

wgadget
11-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah, but, *I* wouldn't attend an anti-war rally in RP's name....He's NOT anti-war.

FreedomLover
11-09-2007, 05:35 PM
I would rather ron paul's name not be included in anti-war rallies or truther rallies, etc. It reinforces the image alot of people have of RP supporters as a whole. That's just my opinion.

DrNoZone
11-09-2007, 05:36 PM
We did this in SLC a few weekends ago and it was VERY effective.

CelestialRender
11-09-2007, 05:38 PM
He's about as anti-war as you get in the modern political arena. I believe if you follow his thinking regarding entangling alliances, that he views most wars as avoidable and unnecessary.