PDA

View Full Version : Military Wives for Ron Paul

Krugerrand
01-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Stream of consciousness:

The Jesse Thorsen thing has me thinking that the military brass may not want to make too much of an example out of him ... because of the support that Ron Paul has. A by-the-book military rally for Ron Paul could easily be the consequences of that, and that would help Ron Paul out quite a bit.

Then, I got to thinking ... military wives could stage rallies for Ron Paul.

Then, I got to thinking ... is there any organized group of Military Wives for Ron Paul. It could be an effective means of endearing Ron Paul to women.

Bruno
01-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me.

CaptUSA
01-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Really good idea, there!

All it would take is one extremely vocal and articulate woman to get on-air (I bet MSNBC would do it) and then perhaps a movement could grow... SO...

Does anyone know this person?

Krugerrand
01-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Are these types of groups setup by the campaign, or are they grassroots initiatives?

RockEnds
01-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Don't forget us military moms. We're here, too. ;)

garyallen59
01-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Man, something like this could really take off. If you know any military wives who support Ron, try to get them involved.

flightlesskiwi
01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
heh.

well... good luck. we are out there, but we are scattered and vastly outnumbered.

singe22
01-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Stream of consciousness:

The Jesse Thorsen thing has me thinking that the military brass may not want to make too much of an example out of him ... because of the support that Ron Paul has. A by-the-book military rally for Ron Paul could easily be the consequences of that, and that would help Ron Paul out quite a bit.

Then, I got to thinking ... military wives could stage rallies for Ron Paul.

Then, I got to thinking ... is there any organized group of Military Wives for Ron Paul. It could be an effective means of endearing Ron Paul to women.

What do people dont understand. The Military cannot have and doesnt support political Rallies. You may think i'm lying but you can still get into trouble/questioned about what your spouse does if it comes to it.

flightlesskiwi
01-05-2012, 02:34 PM
What do people dont understand. The Military cannot have and doesnt support political Rallies. You may think i'm lying but you can still get into trouble/questioned about what your spouse does if it comes to it.

ummm. no. dependents aren't held to the standards that servicemembers are.

i am extremely politically active. as long as i don't go around saying "i speak for my spouse", all is well.

if my husband were to ever be questioned about MY political activity, well, that would warrant an IG complaint on his part.

Brandon Todd Carr
01-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Wow. Good idea. We need to focus on the military mothers and wives/spouses. That will raise our vote with women.

Krugerrand
01-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Wow. Good idea. We need to focus on the military mothers and wives/spouses. That will raise our vote with women.

Thanks for catching it should be Military Spouses for Ron Paul.

Tankbot85
01-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Someone make a facebook/Google+ group and get it started.

singe22
01-05-2012, 03:03 PM
ummm. no. dependents aren't held to the standards that servicemembers are.

i am extremely politically active. as long as i don't go around saying "i speak for my spouse", all is well.

if my husband were to ever be questioned about MY political activity, well, that would warrant an IG complaint on his part.

Think you misunderstood me. I didnt say the spouse/dependants have to follow UCMJ. But they person serving can be questioned and subject to discplinary actions of actions of their spouse/dependants if deemed so.

singe22
01-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Go talk to a Military Police. Ask them what could happen to your husband if you as his wife get a DUI on base.

jsem
01-05-2012, 03:07 PM
We need an ad of someone who lost their son/daughter or husband/wife in Iraq or something. A real emotional ad.

Make people think twice about Ron's foreign policy and if the ends really justify the means when it comes to war.

Nirvikalpa
01-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Go talk to a Military Police. Ask them what could happen to your husband if you as his wife get a DUI on base.

Way to completely compare apples to oranges.

singe22
01-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Its not apples and oranges. Its just another example that A serving member is responsible for their family and can be held accountable for what they do.

But doubt me all you want, i know UCMJ.

PauliticsPolitics
01-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Don't limit this to just wives. That's kinda insulting to the thousands of females in the armed services who likely have husbands at home.
It's probably best to broaden it to FAMILIES of the military: waiting for their loved ones to come home, etc.

flightlesskiwi
01-05-2012, 03:29 PM

damn boogeyman.

Think you misunderstood me. I didnt say the spouse/dependants have to follow UCMJ. But they person serving can be questioned and subject to discplinary actions of actions of their spouse/dependants if deemed so.

boogeyman is out to getcha.

so i should ask them if it's legal for me to attend or create and host a political rally? and then follow up with asking if there is a difference between a political rally and driving under the influence of alcohol on base?

Its not apples and oranges. Its just another example that A serving member is responsible for their family and can be held accountable for what they do.

But doubt me all you want, i know UCMJ.

obviously. sh*t!! i better take the Ron Paul sticker off my truck and not wear his shirt when i shop at the commissary!! my husband could "get in trouble".

singe22
01-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Hey no problem. You choose to insult me like i have no idea what i'm talking about. Fair enough. I will leave it up to you to ask those questions if you choose to do so.

I welcome all support but just dont be suprised if crap hits the fan like that corparl is going to find out, and rightfully so.

garyallen59
01-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Isn't there a show called Army Wives that is very popular among women? This can have that kind of appeal if videos are made and promoted!

flightlesskiwi
01-05-2012, 04:49 PM
did not mean it too insultingly.

i've been at this for a while. meaning: i've been a military spouse for a while. and i've been active in many spouses groups. i've helped publish spouse group's newsletters (base wide and squadron wide) and i know a bit about the legalities of things when it comes to the lines between officially representing the spouse's, the group, their interests and keeping a line between the spouses group and the "official" military.

as far as speaking in an official capacity on behalf of any military branch, sure, i know i am expressly forbidden that. i know that if i were to publish an article or put up a youtube about anything and if i were to use the official air force logo without written permission, that i could get into "trouble". so can a squadron. a whole squadron can get into trouble for officially representing the air force without express permission from the correct channels.

the DUI thing--- that's just a ridiculous scenario to compare a person being politically active and, quite frankly, it's a red herring.

now...

that said, it seems to me you are implying that if i, as a dependent, stand in front of a group of people and declare "i am a military spouse and i support Ron Paul for POTUS" my husband can be officially and/or unofficially reprimanded by his superior. which may be true-- his commander could attempt to reprimand him in any capacity, but i can guaren-damn-tee you that if something like that were to happen, an IG complaint would be filed against his commander.

ultimately, it seems to me that your point is, by proxy of my spouse's employment contract, i have no right to free speech and if a dependent chooses to be a political activist, they do so "at the risk of their spouse's job". that is: 1. is a downright lie and, not that this matters, but 2. has been proven otherwise in my own experience.

if i want to run for state representative in the state i reside in, i am free to do so. and my husband is free to canvass for me as long as he doesn't walk around town wearing his uniform and/or saying "hi, i'm from the air force" while doing so and not at the risk of being reprimanded.

your fear mongering needs to stop. like 3 posts ago.

Hey no problem. You choose to insult me like i have no idea what i'm talking about. Fair enough. I will leave it up to you to ask those questions if you choose to do so.

I welcome all support but just dont be suprised if crap hits the fan like that corparl is going to find out, and rightfully so.

btwilli1
01-05-2012, 08:29 PM
I saw a military wife post something on dailypaul. Her email address is the first comment on this page hxxp://www.dailypaul.com/200364/video-cpan-caught-on-tape-talking-about-ron-paul#comments