PDA

View Full Version : Huntsman Tweet response - unacceptable!

WVLiberty
01-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Is this campaign TOTALLY out of control? Huntsman was right. Did Ron Paul learn anything from the whole ghost writing thing?

The person running the twitter account should get sign off on all tweets! How hard is it to type up 5-10 tweets, print it, put it in front of Dr. Paul for his initials, and then tweet the approved responses? NOTHING should be tweeted under his name without his approval!!!!!!!!!! Getting caught off guard looks really bad.

That was an embarrassing example of poor management. The proper response would have been to "dismiss" the person responsible and quietly put in place controls to make sure the message is approved.

Before you flame me, I agree the content is humorous and harmless, the bigger issue is the lack of institutional control!

BamaFanNKy
01-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Honestly, Fuck Huntsman. This dude signed off on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGcy8MhJo9w

Bruno
01-05-2012, 07:40 AM
As an Iowan I thought it was pretty damn funny.

Revolution9
01-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Jeezus H. Hellinahandbasket. Why don't you just join in the other Piers Morgan thread where they wrung their hands like old washerwomen for pages on end instead of starting another thread that will be the same five points redundantly recursified in umpteen rewordings.

Rev9

Original_Intent
01-05-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm not going to flame you, but I do disagree with you.

I am pretty sure that Paul has spoken tot he offending individual not to tweet such "humorous" tweets under his name again. That's the proper response.

As Ron said, Huntsman was not contesting Iowa, and it is to be expected that Iowa did not take kindly to being overlooked, thus the humor of the tweet. Piers Morgan also tried to make a connection to the newsletters by saying this was "yet another" example of things coming out under Ron's name without being cleared by him. This was just a cheap shot to bring up the newsletters again, this tweet should have never gotten a moments mention or at best a mention in passing and no way should it have become a news story. Your call for "more institutional control" is not very inspiring to someone who desires liberty. Yes, with liberty comes responsibility - Ron took it, but he also made clear that the tweet was meant to be light hearted and funny. Only a fool takes offense where none was intended, and if Huntsman is trying to make a big deal over it, he exposes himself as a fool.

speciallyblend
01-05-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm not going to flame you, but I do disagree with you.

I am pretty sure that Paul has spoken tot he offending individual not to tweet such "humorous" tweets under his name again. That's the proper response.

As Ron said, Huntsman was not contesting Iowa, and it is to be expected that Iowa did not take kindly to being overlooked, thus the humor of the tweet. Piers Morgan also tried to make a connection to the newsletters by saying this was "yet another" example of things coming out under Ron's name without being cleared by him. This was just a cheap shot to bring up the newsletters again, this tweet should have never gotten a moments mention or at best a mention in passing and no way should it have become a news story. Your call for "more institutional control" is not very inspiring to someone who desires liberty. Yes, with liberty comes responsibility - Ron took it, but he also made clear that the tweet was meant to be light hearted and funny. Only a fool takes offense where none was intended, and if Huntsman is trying to make a big deal over it, he exposes himself as a fool.

well do not worry about the tweet. They will still use the newsletters this week to crush ron paul since he answer still sucks! Right or wrong doesn't matter. The media will use the newsletter against him since he will not call out the writer. Ron paul knows who the writer is. Until he outs the writer the media will continue to use the newsletters against him. don't worry the newsletters didn't hurt him at all/sarcasm. just repeating what the rpf members said all week and they were wrong obviously. just let the tweet and newsletter slide and we will see it come to haunt us again if the media has their way. No one to stop the media from lies!

economics102
01-05-2012, 07:56 AM
I don't think Paul should have even acknowledged that there was anything wrong with that tweet.

As he said in the interview, it was in good humor. He shouldn't have gotten defensive about it, and then they wouldn't have been able to make the newsletters comparison.

Jesse Benton says plenty of abrasive stuff when speaking on behalf of the campaign. Nothing wrong with that, so what's wrong with this?

He should have just said "obviously when my spokespeople talk to the press they have their own style and it's different than what I might say but I have no problem with the things they're saying, and my twitter account is no different. If you think the other candidates are writing their own twitter messages or even personally approving them, that's just not how the world works."

Aratus
01-05-2012, 08:00 AM
ever since the 1960s and 1970s we have robopens signing autographs at the white house... just saying.

slamhead
01-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Honestly, Fuck Huntsman. This dude signed off on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGcy8MhJo9w

Haha...first time I saw this ad. Funny thing is everything in that ad is the truth and nothing nutty about it. Of course people have to wake up to the truth. For the new people who are not familiar with Paul's opposition to the civil war and his point on buying the slaves, his position on this is that the civil war was totally unnecessary and that all other countries that were engaged in slavery ended it by buying all the slaves and setting them free. Even Abraham Lincoln in a letter to congress suggested the same prior to the war.

Cowlesy
01-05-2012, 08:10 AM
For some reason this comes to mind when I read these exasperated threads.

http://www.profilebrand.com/funny-pictures/category/people/233_home-alone-fire.gif

WannabeaJuke
01-05-2012, 08:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2jAwiq6YsE&list=FLjWiLW_-JyNVQWTbi-UCsvA&index=1&feature=plpp_video

vechorik
01-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Did you see Huntsman say that Tweet was a "joke" and the Ron Paul campaign can expect one coming back?

No harm done (except, yes, the media tried to say Ron Paul has no control of what is put out in his name.)

BamaFanNKy
01-05-2012, 08:31 AM
The media are like school girls at high school gossiping. I just read about Huntsman's response and he shot back about "He should have learned about Ghost Writers." Pretty good line. He then went on to say it was a joke tweet and to expect some back in kind. NICE!

misconstrued
01-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Did you see Huntsman say that Tweet was a "joke" and the Ron Paul campaign can expect one coming back?

No harm done (except, yes, the media tried to say Ron Paul has no control of what is put out in his name.)

Except that Huntsman made a campaign video basically attacking Ron Paul for not knowing about it. I sort of respected Huntsman, but no more.

bobbyw24
01-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Jon Huntsman laughed off Ron Paul’s mocking tweet, pointedly joking that his rival should have “learned the perils of ghost-written subject matter by now.”

“You’d think he would have learned the perils of ghost-written subject matter by now,” Huntsman told CNN’s Piers Morgan on Wednesday, seemingly referring to the racially charged newsletters sent under Paul’s name in the 1990’s, which the Texas congressman has denied having penned himself.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71113.html#ixzz1iavzU9iu

SilentBull
01-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I have no respect for Huntsman, Santorum, Romney, Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, Glenn Beck, Hannity, Rush, Levin, Joe Scarborough, Laura Ingrahm, Michael Savage, etc. F**K them all!

Bruno
01-05-2012, 09:01 AM
I have no respect for Huntsman, Santorum, Romney, Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, Glenn Beck, Hannity, Rush, Levin, Joe Scarborough, Laura Ingrahm, Michael Savage, etc. F**K them all!

+ rep

WVLiberty
01-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Forget the message itself! I have no problem with tough campaigning or the tweet itself.

It is the fact the it came from Ron Paul's twitter account (not a RonPaul2012 campaign account) and he was unaware of the message! He cannot play oblivious to this stuff or just laugh it off. Also, his staff is NOT doing him a service by getting him blindsided by the media. RP should personally approve the tweet and have them all on his iPad. This only makes the ghostwriting more significant and brings his management style into question.

I love RP and support him 100% but his campaign staff needs to tighten it up and be more organized and professional! Their job is it make him look good, NOT get him in more trouble!

LibertyEagle
01-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Oh, get over it. Sheesh.

No, they shouldn't have sent it, but they are human.

Move on.

WVLiberty
01-05-2012, 11:28 AM
This was an avoidable mistake! One that a top-tier campaign cannot make again. It frustrates me when RP and others just laugh it off. I am then left with seeing it on CNN for the next three days! It gets in the way of the message and gives the opponents an opening. This is a uphill battle and we cannot afford stupid mistakes like that again! I'm done with it.