PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Caller: But what about Ron Paul?

bobbyw24
01-05-2012, 05:29 AM
There can be no disputing that Rick Santorum is the big winner in Iowa, even though he came up eight votes short of Mitt Romney. Only time will tell if Santorum is a real challenger to Romney, or just the latest in a long line of conservative pretenders that now includes Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich. Each has risen and fallen in the polls while Romney has held steady at about 25%. Unless Jon Huntsman catches fire in New Hampshire, there is really no one to follow Santorum as the anti-Romney. And Huntsman, who is more moderate than Romney, does not qualify as a conservative alternative.

As the last conservative standing, Santorum might just see his Iowa performance repeated in other states. Conservatives, and particularly evangelical conservatives, have no place else to turn. If Santorum is a flash in the pan like the others, it will be because the anti-Romney wing of the Republican Party has finally accepted Romney as their only viable choice in the fight to unseat Barack Obama — unless, of course, one of the other conservatives is somehow resurrected. Gingrich is probably the best prospect for such a rebirth, but as his implosion in Iowa demonstrates, 30 years of baggage has made him an easy target for the 30-second spinmeisters.

But wait. What about Ron Paul? That was my question as I watched the returns on television, and commentator after commentator said this is looking like a two-man race going forward.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/04/but-what-about-ron-paul/#ixzz1iaBGufKN

bobbyw24
01-05-2012, 05:39 AM
Who are the 2 men in the 2-man race?

bobbyw24
01-05-2012, 05:43 AM
positive piece bump!!

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-05-2012, 05:43 AM
What type of environment is New Hampshire? Is it as predominately a church group/social conservative as Iowa?

bobbyw24
01-05-2012, 05:45 AM
What type of environment is New Hampshire? Is it as predominately a church group/social conservative as Iowa?

No where near as evangelical as Iowa, but not really as libertarian as its "Live Free or De" license plates suggest

invisible
01-05-2012, 05:59 AM
No where near as evangelical as Iowa, but not really as libertarian as its "Live Free or De" license plates suggest

Not enough of you have moved here yet.

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-05-2012, 06:06 AM
Definitely considering a move to New Hampshire, after reading up on the Free-State Project.

Captain Shays
01-05-2012, 06:53 AM

It's cold and mountainous with a lot of trees

bobbyw24
01-05-2012, 06:55 AM
It's cold and mountainous with a lot of trees

What's the job market like?

Bruno
01-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Who are the 2 men in the 2-man race?

And who is in 2nd in New Hampshire in this 2 man race? You'd never know just by watching television.

bobbyw24
01-05-2012, 07:00 AM
And who is in 2nd in New Hampshire in this 2 man race? You'd never know just by watching television.

I know--my Sirius radio implies that it's Mitt n Rick.