PDA

View Full Version : How do we win New Hampshire?

Kevin Smyth
01-05-2012, 01:30 AM
The polls suggest that Romney has New Hampshire in the bag.

What does Paul have to say in the debate Saturday night to change this?

rp2012win
01-05-2012, 01:34 AM
Why is ron paul not in NH on thursday and friday? That makes no sense

Aratus
01-05-2012, 01:45 AM
if mitt romney gets 75,ooo to 90,ooo votes,
second place could go to the candidate with
60,ooo to 70,ooo votes. can rick santorum
generate a momentum on such short notice?

eleganz
01-05-2012, 01:47 AM
How do we win NH in the last week? name recognition, signs of energy/excitement, lots of advertisements, and some luck...

also...phone from home....

tribute_13
01-05-2012, 02:22 AM
We need to hope for the same thing in NH that happened in IA. The media will undoubtedly push Huntsman. Huntsman will attack Paul. Ron needs to preemptively prepare some ads against Huntsman and Romney both. Hopefully with the Huntsman bump he can split the Romney vote enough to give Paul an opening.

JasonM
01-05-2012, 02:24 AM
Maybe by being a former governor of the state or a next door state, and then cutting an apparently no-strings-attached $1500 check for every republican candidate that runs for office in the state from the county commissioner to the legislators in the state capitol. Something to think about for 2016. =/

Seriously, I think at this point most peoples' minds are made up. Our movement has grown considerably, but we're not there yet.

I hope this demonstrates to EVERYONE that polls ARE an accurate indicator of what's going on RIGHT NOW.

I think that if Ron Paul doesn't make it, then he needs to devote the remaining time building up the liberty movement and step aside for a younger liberty candidate to run in 2016, maybe Rand Paul or Gary Johnson (although his changing parties this election will be used against him) or Peter Schiff.

AngryCanadian
01-05-2012, 02:26 AM
When is the debate?

tribute_13
01-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Saturday

AngryCanadian
01-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Saturday
I guess thats why Ron Paul isnt in NH on thursday and friday his getting ready for the debate which i think a good idea he needs rest and foucs.

Charlie Harris
01-05-2012, 02:37 AM
I guess thats why Ron Paul isnt in NH on thursday and friday his getting ready for the debate which i think a good idea he needs rest and foucs.

Ron is in New Hampshire on Friday. But he should have been there Wednesday and Thursday.

Maximus
01-05-2012, 02:43 AM
I don't see why they waited. They should have flown him directly from Iowa to NH.

mmadness
01-05-2012, 02:47 AM
NH is full of independents. This is the live free or die state. So individual freedoms/NDAA/Patriot Act should be issues here. Also this state went for McCain last time, so talking about the fact that Dr. Paul is a vet and served vs. the others is big. Local wedge issues like Northern Pass will hurt Romney - great grassroots ad in the NH newspapers. Pat Buchanan also won NH so it can be done. Consistent conservatism I think is the key message. Ron Paul - 30 years of consistent message and service, no flip flops.

I think a side-strategy should be to go after soft support for Santorum. Pro-lifers, Christians went for Santorum - if we can show people that Dr. Paul is the most pro-life candidate (at home and overseas), and is not just a Christian but embodies the Christian way of life, you bring over a lot of support. Santorum supported an pro-choice Specter, plus is it really Christian to advocate bombing other countries which have never attacked us? Terrorists have attacked us, but that is completely different from declaring war on a nation of 70 million people (Iran).

The Free Hornet
01-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Rope-a-dope. Let Romney underperform this one. Cut some slack, let the media tug a few around, and let's hope Romney smacks his head hard on that ceiling. A 4-way race could be a blessing.

WIRP
01-05-2012, 03:52 AM
You win New Hampshire by having Mitt Romney win, then having Paul come in second. Ideally, Santorum loses badly, negating his Iowa placing (which national and general election polls show will happen sooner or later).

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Graphic/2012/01/05/globegiftastic__1325744363_6242.gif

If the final totals are similar to these polling numbers, that's a strategic win for Paul. Another top 3 finish, which he needs to show he can consistently do, to eventually put him in a head to head with Mitt Romney.

kojirodensetsu
01-05-2012, 03:56 AM
Ron Paul needs to do really well at the debate. Thankfully, Bachmann won't be there to wave around the "Ron Paul loves Iran" flag.

John F Kennedy III
01-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Maybe by being a former governor of the state or a next door state, and then cutting an apparently no-strings-attached $1500 check for every republican candidate that runs for office in the state from the county commissioner to the legislators in the state capitol. Something to think about for 2016. =/

Seriously, I think at this point most peoples' minds are made up. Our movement has grown considerably, but we're not there yet.

I hope this demonstrates to EVERYONE that polls ARE an accurate indicator of what's going on RIGHT NOW.

I think that if Ron Paul doesn't make it, then he needs to devote the remaining time building up the liberty movement and step aside for a younger liberty candidate to run in 2016, maybe Rand Paul or Gary Johnson (although his changing parties this election will be used against him) or Peter Schiff.

LOL. Still with the gary johnson crap.

pauladin
01-05-2012, 04:25 AM
If Romney is widely expected to win NH, do you think he will have a turnout problem? I wonder how many people will say "Eh, Romney's got it locked up. No need to bother to go out and vote for him."

Esoteric
01-05-2012, 04:29 AM
If Romney is widely expected to win NH, do you think he will have a turnout problem? I wonder how many people will say "Eh, Romney's got it locked up. No need to bother to go out and vote for him."

No.

LiveForHonortune
01-05-2012, 04:31 AM
Let's just hope there's going to be a snowstorm up there.

Anyway, the South hates Romney. I'm interested in seeing how they'll eat him alive.

unknown
01-05-2012, 04:38 AM
Ive been spamming as required and wow.

I yahoo search articles, facebook pages, youtube videos and there are barely any comments.

Anything to do with RP is flooded. Romney is about a third of that. Anything to do with Santorum or Huntsman has nothing.

Huntsman's facebook page gets like 50 comments...

Time to go paste this on Romney's page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9njHHyRI7g

nc4rp
01-05-2012, 04:52 AM
Ron needs to run a commercial with all his celebrity supporters in it. recognition garners familiarity and respect unlike a stranger trying to convince you to vote for someone. appeal to them.

somebody let the campaign know to consider this- to pull out an ace and use it about 4 days prior to the NH primary and create a buzz about a big celebrity ad.

BamaAla
01-05-2012, 05:10 AM
We need to outperform our polls, have Romney under perform, and finish a strong second.

jbwin
01-05-2012, 05:32 AM
I think organization helped me, because I wouldn't have gone to the Iowa caucus if I didn't get an email from the Ron Paul campaign. I ran across the site below... ya'll may already know about it, but I'm a newbie to politics in general, so I'm gonna check it out http://www.ronpaulcountry.com/

jbwin
01-05-2012, 05:47 AM
To win New Hampshire, phone NH residents from your home by registering here: http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/login.php?v=1

jbwin
01-05-2012, 05:55 AM
That was a funny video. Shared it. Thanks.

jbwin
01-05-2012, 05:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9njHHyRI7g

That was a funny video, thanks. shared it.

walt
01-05-2012, 06:12 AM
How to win New Hampshire:
1) Go back six months
2) Hire campaign staff with experience winning in New Hampshire

LiveForHonortune
01-05-2012, 06:19 AM
If Paul does win New Hampshire I'm worried he'll get Pat Buchanan'd

We just need to finish in the top and watch Romney get torn to shreds down South.

jersdream
01-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Lets be realistic, we need to work on finishing a strong second. If a win comes, that would be amazing, but we cannot lie to ourselves when the poll numbers have Romney right below 50%.....

tbone717
01-05-2012, 07:27 AM
I think a "win" in NH, is a strong second finish. Romney is running there essentially as a "favorite son" candidate, given the states proximity to Massachusetts and the fact that many former Massachusetts residents now live in NH.

Victory for Paul would be defined as keeping Romney under 40% (thus avoiding a delegate sweep) and exceeding his percentage from Iowa. If he does so, and his second place finish has distance from the third place finisher, then it sets up SC as Romney vs Paul vs a distraction candidate. In that sense it is a replay of IA, so the Paul campaign would need to work very hard to start to appeal to the social-conservative bloc in SC.

Ideally a positive result from NH would look like: Romney 39, Paul 23, Third Place 15 or less.

We would hope that the third place candidate would be Huntsman. Huntsman has the least amount of traction moving forward, and could be seen as a "flash in the pan" candidate. Santorum would be the worst possible third place finisher, because it would give him some validation of his IA performance and could help him in SC. Newt or Perry finishing third is pretty much a neutral outcome.

ONUV
01-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I think the campaign has to emphasize that Romney and Paul are the only nominees who can beat obama.

then you highlight that Romney is a progressive who is answers to corporations and goldman sachs. Paul is a conservative who answers to the constitution.

wgadget
01-05-2012, 07:09 PM
I think we WIN NH by coming in second within ten points of Romney. Better than expected and all...

scrosnoe
01-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Keep getting out Gingrich record also, many in the south still don't know how truly awful he is. Politely keep reminding people of both his record and his character. Character counts!