PDA

View Full Version : Ron needs to be MORE CLEAR on the foreign policy!

qwerty
01-04-2012, 11:18 PM
I think thatīs why we lost Iowa.

He needs to make more clear that heīs NOT anti national defence and not antiwar if the war is declared!

rideurlightning
01-04-2012, 11:22 PM
I truly do not think it is foreign policy. In 2009 I became a Ron Paul supporter and I was still a neo-con until about 6 months later. I just do not think that foreign policy is nearly as big of a deciding factor than people perceive it to be. It is the electability wall that is keeping us from the nomination in my opinion.

William R
01-04-2012, 11:26 PM
I tend to agree. There probably isn't a nickels worth of difference between Ron and Rand on foreign policy, but Rand has very well thought out answers on Iran.

Muwahid
01-04-2012, 11:28 PM
still a lot of people dont vote for him because of foreign policy. its just not well articulated. its a big topic and he doesnt talk in soundbites.. he may want to try it out though

rblgenius
01-04-2012, 11:29 PM
RON PAUL NEEDS TO BE MORE CLEAR ON ELECTABILITY QUESTION. THATS WHY HE LOST IOWA

RON PAUL COULD CRUSH THE "ELECTABILITY" ISSUE WITH THE FOLLOWING POINTS:
1. A presidential election is ALL about the independents. I won almost fifty percent of the independent vote in the IA caucus.
2. I energize followers, especially people in the 18-29 age bracket. I won almost fifty percent of their vote in the IA caucus as well.
3. When people get to know me, they believe in me and my message. Me being "crazy" hasn't stopped me from being elected 12 times to the House in my district.
4. My ideas are CONSERVATIVE and DIFFERENT from Romney. I would actually be able to DEBATE obamacare because I didn't write the basis Obama used for national obamacare. I'm the only CONSERVATIVE that actually proposes CUTTING SPENDING - not CUTTING FUTURE SPENDING INCREASES. Over $1 trillion will be cut the first day I'm in office. Obama won primarily on the ticket of the "peace candidate" but he has only ESCALATED the war in Afghanistan. I am the only Republican candidate with the 75 percent of the public support on ENDING ALL THE UNNECESSARY AND COSTLY WARS OVERSEAS. Not only the public supports me, but the ARMED FORCES overwhelmingly do AS WELL.
5. I'm the ONLY candidate that is speaking out against NDAA and Patriot Act and the soon to be passed Ex-Patriation Act (which gives President authority to remove one's citizenship). We must draw the line when it comes to liberty and STAND UP for our FREEDOM.

J_White
01-04-2012, 11:30 PM
I think he is doing a good job defending his foreign policy views on interviews and debates, but i would still prefer if he put a well written plan, like his economic plan, to lay out how we can bring troops back from Japan, Europe and certainly Australia and how much money that would save.
he should talk more about how he supported the letter of marque and reprisal against OBL after 9/11 which unfortunately the Congress did not support, going for war and nation building instead !
people are attuned to the MSM fear mongering thats why they dont understand these issues clearly and the principle of Blowback.

mport1
01-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Honestly, I think Ron Paul needs to articulate everything better. He has the right answers, and does pretty well when giving speeches, but he does not have the debate and interview sound bites down.

moonshine5757
01-04-2012, 11:36 PM
He needs to stop the media from using the word Isolationist. He has to forcefully make them admit its non-interventionist. The more times they get to say that negative negative word the worse his policy looks. Isolationist conjures up images of North Korea and China, not good.

seekingliberty
01-04-2012, 11:52 PM
I agree 100%!

My Mom, a lifelong democrat is looking at Huntsman and Paul (also likes Johnson). She likes Paul but says his foreign policy is naive because there are real threats out there. She says hunstman leans libertarian too but he "doesn't favor war & would keep our country strong but doesn't think we should be in the middle of everything."

Also had a family member on Christmas Eve ask my hubby what he thought of Ron Paul's foreign policy since hubby is former military. Family member says he loves RP's domestic policy.

I have also read it from a lot of people online as well as in conversations a few months back with other family/friends. Honestly, his foreign policy was the hardest part for us to get on board with. Once we did though, that was it.

IMO, he would bring in a lot more support if he would clearly articulate his foreign policy. Emphasize a strong defense, securing our borders, getting a declaration of war from congress before engaging and of course winning and coming home. Nothing scary in that he just needs to be calm, articulate and strong in the delivery.

Feeding the Abscess
01-04-2012, 11:58 PM
He's crystal clear.

Peace, commerce, and friendship.

Those who don't understand are unwilling to listen.

01-05-2012, 12:00 AM
not what the entrance polls showed at all, go look at them. IA voters didn't care about FP and voted on socon issues.

Kuthreck
01-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Today while I was working I spoke with a fellow Repub who liked Ron Paul but did not like his foreign policy. This NEEDS to be Addressed.

seapilot
01-05-2012, 12:05 AM
He is slowly getting better. The interview with Kudlow was very good where he quoted the Mossad about Iran having a Nuclear weapon. I had never heard him say that before. I do agree with others if the campaign would come out with one like his economic plan that would help with some voters. It would be great if they have plans for that before South Carolina where that could do really well. Announce it public a week before the primary so it gets some attention.