PDA

View Full Version : To Young Ron Paul Supporters - How to increase turnout!

doronster195
01-04-2012, 08:27 PM
I too, am a young Ron Paul supporter having been a supporter since my senior year in High School (2007). The youth are most affected by the politics and the government policies that are being decided upon this year, and it is in their best interest to have their voice be heard.

With that, I have some suggestions (things that I have been doing) in order to get more youth voters to commit to Ron Paul.

1) When possible, find common ground with your voting-eligible friends, and try to show how Ron Paul would be an important politician for them to support. When I see my friends say they dislike the NDAA, or the wars, I always make it a point to remind them that there *is* someone that will fight for those positions.

2) Make it as EASY as possible for your friends to vote. I have friends who have already agreed that they support Ron Paul, but most are either not registered or registered to third-parties (Mostly independents -- like myself -- and a Green partier). The problem is (specifically in closed primaries, like California) that most people are too lazy to switch registration. So I have offered all my friends to ensure that their registration is mailed to the right place after they fill it out and print it out. I have gotten at least 5 friends to vote Paul and will be helping make sure they show up to vote.

3) Convince your apathetic (or otherwise) parents and relatives to vote for the cause that matters to you most -- electing Ron Paul. Offer to drive them to the caucus or primary, and consider asking for it as a favor (if they -- like most -- could care less about who wins).

4) Consider getting those who are unable to get to a caucus or primary to vote absentee for Ron Paul.

These are the things I am currently doing and I think they can be very effective if everyone does it. It essentially makes your *one* vote, into six just by getting 5 others who would otherwise not vote, or vote differently, and you would be surprised how many people are open to this.

fj45lvr
01-04-2012, 08:33 PM
the paul campaign should have pulled a "bachman" and passed out tickets to a concert if they showed up to caucus (could be for a major concert to be held at a central location in the state).....this could work.