PDA

View Full Version : Want Some Good News?

CaptUSA
01-04-2012, 05:22 PM
I've received three phone calls tonight from people saying the election is being rigged. Two were friends. One was my Grandmother's friend.

My friends were almost on board with Paul and still haven't completely woken up yet, but they saw how the press orchestrated the Santorum "surge".

My grandmother gave her friend the "truth bomb" that I gave her a couple of days ago. It was all about how the press is controlling the foreign policy debate. She called me up thanking me for "taking her blindfold off"! I told her how proud I was of her and she said they've been discussing it all day since my grandmother gave her the packet. She said, "I never realized that Fox does it too! I've always watched FoxNews, but I never really watched FoxNews. They're pretty disgusting."

:) :) :)

I also had a conversation with a guy at work who likes to come into my office to talk about politics. He's a FoxNews conservative, but he was incredulous at how they made Santorum rise. I said, "Yeah, no shit! They manipulate the entire election and people think they are making a choice... All they have to do is say someone's "surging" and the next thing you know, every FoxNews viewer gets in line behind that person even if they don't know anything about them!"

(I guess that's the difference between "viewing" the news, and "watching" the news...)

Anyway, after last night, my spirits have been picking up. I don't know if it's going to be too late for this election, but this game they're playing is almost over.

01-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Good for you. This is how we win.

CaptainAmerica
01-04-2012, 05:27 PM
we are winning the war of ideas.

moonshine5757
01-04-2012, 05:32 PM
now THAT is "REAL" good news.

Maximus
01-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Great job, I try to encourage people to buy and share the book "The Revolution: A Manifesto" as much as I can. That book cuts right through the BS and straight to the heart of the issues.

CaptUSA
01-04-2012, 05:58 PM
In my "truth bomb" packet was an explanation of the documents in which I explained how to read them. The docs were:

A list of quotes by our Founding Fathers.
An article by Jack Hunter.
the Michael Scheuer endorsement.
The former Jewish staffer explaining Paul's Israel stance.
And a couple other articles.

I didn't make copies, but if I can get it back, I'll post it. Right now, though, it's making its way through her community. I actually rushed putting it together because my grandmother told me she couldn't vote for Paul because of his "dangerous" foreign policy. I knew the media got to her. Now her eyes are open wide!

CaptUSA
01-06-2012, 03:03 PM
I just heard this again today. It wasn't even directed at me! A couple of union workers and their boss were talking about politics as I walked by and, of course, I stopped to see what they were saying. It was all about how the republicans are supporting whoever the media tells them to. They were laughing at how easily the manipulation happened.

Then someone said, "I'm starting to like that Ron Paul." Another one answered, "Yeah, but he'll never win." Remember, these guys don't know my politics and I don't know theirs. I just added, "That guy makes a lot of sense, you should check him out online." and left it at that.

Pretty cool, I thought. I think the media has over-played their hand and the public may not understand why, but they know something is up.

Highstreet
01-06-2012, 03:10 PM
That's a great idea!!

Good job!

The One
01-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I just heard this again today. It wasn't even directed at me! A couple of union workers and their boss were talking about politics as I walked by and, of course, I stopped to see what they were saying. It was all about how the republicans are supporting whoever the media tells them to. They were laughing at how easily the manipulation happened.

Then someone said, "I'm starting to like that Ron Paul." Another one answered, "Yeah, but he'll never win." Remember, these guys don't know my politics and I don't know theirs. I just added, "That guy makes a lot of sense, you should check him out online." and left it at that.

Pretty cool, I thought. I think the media has over-played their hand and the public may not understand why, but they know something is up.

I understand the "planting a seed" strategy, but I think you have to correct them on the idea that RP will never win. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

BigByrd47119
01-06-2012, 03:15 PM
+rep for the feel good story! Not enough of those around here recently...

While at Chillis last night a guy (60y/o+) and his wife were talking politics and slamming Gingritch of all people! I never found out who they were in favor of, but they certainly didnt care for Newt...

wgadget
01-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I've received three phone calls tonight from people saying the election is being rigged. Two were friends. One was my Grandmother's friend.

My friends were almost on board with Paul and still haven't completely woken up yet, but they saw how the press orchestrated the Santorum "surge".

My grandmother gave her friend the "truth bomb" that I gave her a couple of days ago. It was all about how the press is controlling the foreign policy debate. She called me up thanking me for "taking her blindfold off"! I told her how proud I was of her and she said they've been discussing it all day since my grandmother gave her the packet. She said, "I never realized that Fox does it too! I've always watched FoxNews, but I never really watched FoxNews. They're pretty disgusting."

:) :) :)

I also had a conversation with a guy at work who likes to come into my office to talk about politics. He's a FoxNews conservative, but he was incredulous at how they made Santorum rise. I said, "Yeah, no shit! They manipulate the entire election and people think they are making a choice... All they have to do is say someone's "surging" and the next thing you know, every FoxNews viewer gets in line behind that person even if they don't know anything about them!"

(I guess that's the difference between "viewing" the news, and "watching" the news...)

Anyway, after last night, my spirits have been picking up. I don't know if it's going to be too late for this election, but this game they're playing is almost over.

This is the story. We may not have won the war yet, but in time, TRUTH WILL WIN.

CaptUSA
01-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I understand the "planting a seed" strategy, but I think you have to correct them on the idea that RP will never win. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.This is PA. We have a while to go. Like I said, I don't know where their politics lie. I just wanted them to think about looking him up. Don't worry, I'm not one to give up. I'll check back in a little while.

wgadget
01-06-2012, 03:18 PM
BTW, listening to Rush in my car today was QUITE PATHETIC, as he was propping up Mr. Bobblehead Perry, saying debate performance don't mean nuthin.

LOL

kahless
01-06-2012, 03:29 PM
It is good to see this thread and hear that people are seeing through it. I have been totally disgusted with people believing everything the MSM says and not being able to turn on the TV or radio due to the over the top propaganda. I can't believe how nutty the media has become and how people spout their propaganda and establishment talking points back to me. I can immediately tell which talk show host or news channel the watch or listen to or where the talking point came from. Ugh.

It is like people want to conform and feel accepted by spouting the media and establishment talking points. Even people I know that seem to get it do not admit it around others, unless someone else speaks out first, then it is okay for them. The corrupt media's power propaganda over people's social interactions is amazing.

TonySutton
01-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Love those old middle class blue collar towns :) I miss the chili dogs downtown. Is it still open? I forget the name. When I was a Marine recruiter in northern Allegheny county my boss always wanted to stop in there and get chili dogs if we were headed up route 8.

NoPants
01-06-2012, 03:38 PM
BTW, listening to Rush in my car today was QUITE PATHETIC, as he was propping up Mr. Bobblehead Perry, saying debate performance don't mean nuthin.

LOL

Well, we know that's not true. The debates have helped Ron Paul a LOT. He gets a bump after ever debate. They're almost funny to watch now because it's like a circus and everyone has their part. Perry is the clown, Gingrich is the ring master, Romney is the invisible man (doesn't want to be noticed, vs in the media where Paul get's that role) and so on...

freedoms-light
01-06-2012, 03:41 PM
My wife and I had lunch with our "grandmother" friend, who I have been talking to about RP since 2007.
This time she said she was all excited and had a story to tell us.
Seems her grandson, a Marine, decided to talk things political with her.
He said Ron Paul is the only one running he could support and why.
With her grandsons recommendations, as well as a little of our help, she is now solidly for Paul.
It's true, those who know what's really going on choose to support Ron.

P.S. We told her how important it was to reach out to her "Senior Citizen" friends
to tell them about Paul's plan for protecting their social security etc.

Steve-in-NY
01-06-2012, 04:51 PM
About 20 NY'ers here that know Im a RP repub and politely discuss politics/w me just heard about the hunstman youtube story and literally EVERY ONE has come to me at some point today expressing their disbelief at the media covering a youtube upload and saying you may have something about the media there, etc etc.

My answer is, Im just going to say 2 words. Say em with me. Ron. Paul. That is all.

tennman
01-06-2012, 09:11 PM
I understand the "planting a seed" strategy, but I think you have to correct them on the idea that RP will never win. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

EXACTLY! No one thought Santorum could win until the media said he was "surging." People were given mental permission to support him because people are so gullible and vunerable to peer pressure and going with the crowd. That's why we've got to show them things like the CNN Poll on Ron Paul vs. Obama (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/05/cnn-poll-still-no-front-runner-in-the-battle-for-the-gop-nomination/) doing BETTER than any other GOP candidate in the general election. A more focused version is HERE (http://www.teaparty.org/article.php?id=695) but here's the key part: According to the poll, taken before the announcement of Osama bin Laden's death, President Barack Obama has an edge over all the top GOP candidates in hypothetical match-ups.

Who does best against Obama? Paul. The congressman from Texas, who also ran as a libertarian candidate for president in 1988 and who is well liked by many in the tea party movement, trails the president by only seven points (52 to 45 percent) in a hypothetical general election showdown. Huckabee trails by eight points, with Romney down 11 points to Obama.

The poll indicates the president leading Gingrich by 17 points, Palin by 19, and Trump by 22 points.

mosquitobite
01-06-2012, 09:15 PM
I just like to share this on threads like this:

Look up the MEANING of the word apocalypse.