PDA

View Full Version : Okay. How many delegates did Ron Paul win since he came in 3rd in Iowa?

Chowder
01-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I keep running into different numbers about Ron Paul winning X number of delegates.

CNN says 7

Daily Paul says 4

Wikipedia and AP says 0

Can someone clear this up for me and provide the correct links and info?

Thanks

I'm glad we made it this far we have a long ways to go!

JTforRP
01-04-2012, 04:11 PM
This is important and I'm wanting official numbers as well.

unknown
01-04-2012, 04:12 PM
What are crapipedia's sources?

Show me a source, I'll go edit the entry right now.

Want crapipedia to say 7? CNN is a good enough source.

sailingaway
01-04-2012, 04:13 PM
You don't really know until the process works through, months from now. But CNN estimates him tied with Santorum and Romney and so does greenpapers (although they say 6 each, not 7). He can pick some up as Santorum deflates and his supporters stop being active in the process so long as Ron Paul supporters stay as active or more active than Romney supporters who will be trying to pick up delegate slots as well.

QWDC
01-04-2012, 04:15 PM
I thought, in theory, it's impossible to know until the national convention and we see how they vote, seeing as they are unbounded.

Chowder
01-04-2012, 04:16 PM
They're using the AP's source. Romney at 13 and Santorum at 12 the rest none. It also says projected.

Tax the Fed
01-04-2012, 04:32 PM
The delegate total is as follows :

Paul 0
Romney 0
Santorum 0

etc.

The delegates in the caucus states like Nevada and Iowa are not picked until June . . .

The county map will come out soon - the precincts really ain't reporting that info of delegates really . . .
and . . . it only matters which delegates move on to the Congressional District level (5 in Iowa - Nevada I'll check),
then state . . . then Tampa Bay-St. Pete the week of August 27th.

http://gopconvention2012.com/

hueylong
01-04-2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/IA-R

This is the best 'estimate' of Delegate Allocation. The Greenpapers is a non-partisan tracking organization.

CplKoontz
01-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Fox is already playing the Game.. Showing Romney with 13, Santorum with 12 and Paul with none... Already trying to fool voters into thinking Ron didnt get anything...!

Tax the Fed
01-04-2012, 04:38 PM
This is important and I'm wanting official numbers as well.

There are no official numbers . . . county conventions are in March . . . this is only at the precinct level now folks.

Ron Paul won many precincts and many counties . . .

Tax the Fed
01-04-2012, 04:41 PM

This is the best 'estimate' of Delegate Allocation. The Greenpapers is a non-partisan tracking organization.

Thanks -
but it is not really possible until we see the county by county results at least though.

2nd Congressional District we'll have delegates . . .

Maltheus
01-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Right, we can't know how many national delegates we have, but we should have a rough count of how many delegates we got elected to state/county. That's the only number that interests me at this point. If every precinct chose their delegates like the one on C-SPAN last night, then Romney will have a 3-1 advantage over us when it comes time to choose national delegates.

acptulsa
01-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Actually, last night was the time for people to sign up to be delegates to the various conventions, and you had to stay after the caucus to do it. Anecdotally, at least, Ron Paul was far ahead of the rest in keeping his people 'after school' to sign up for that.

If so, then Ron Paul won yesterday. Handily. Because this third-third-third split sure looks like a brokered convention in the making.

Maltheus
01-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Actually, last night was the time for people to sign up to be delegates to the various conventions, and you had to stay after the caucus to do it. Anecdotally, at least, Ron Paul was far ahead of the rest in keeping his people 'after school' to sign up for that.

If so, then Ron Paul won yesterday. Handily. Because this third-third-third split sure looks like a brokered convention in the making.

Ok, so why doesn't this match up with what some of us were seeing on C-SPAN last night? Was that one precinct that anomalous? They had each camp choose their delegates based on the rankings, giving Romney a 3-1 advantage over Paul. I'm sure that C-SPAN wasn't CGIing that in. Everyone is just referencing the same article saying otherwise, but I'm not hearing many (if any) first hand experiences here.

acptulsa
01-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Because when they have to guess, they get to spin that guess.