PDA

View Full Version : If you think Ron is losing, look at yourself in the mirror and slap yourself

CaptainAmerica
01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Remember what we are doing this for,our beliefs.Not just beliefs, but millions of lives that are at stake because of the ruthless and unconstitutional foreign policies and domestic policies. Libya was a recent example of how many lives were destroyed out of collateral damage done by drone bombings,the drones still continue to bomb other countries with undeclared ,illegal wars by our current president.

1.IOWA delegates are unbound
2.We may have secretly won by getting Ron Paul grassroots supporters nominated during the caucus delegate nomination process
3.Santorum is a one show pony who is a narrow view politically,we defeat him in other states and he drops out and any delegates who are for him may swing Rons way as the anti-romney vote
4.Ron pulled in 48 percent of the independent vote in Iowa, Romney only pulled in 16 percent
5. its not over til its over, Ron knows what hes doing and his campaign team did a HELL OF A JOB to pull in 48 percent independent voters and nearly be neck and neck with romney.
6.Santorum may have split the evangelical vote between Paul, but santorum cant stay in the race if he loses all the more moderate states with his anti gay rhetoric and anti-muslim rhetoric and bailout record.

This process of getting our people nominated as delegates in each state is going to be tough,there will be corruption..you gotta be smart and not give up early on. Hang in there and we can win.

phill4paul
01-04-2012, 04:02 PM
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ

Drex
01-04-2012, 04:02 PM
May have lost the battle, but not the war

CaptainAmerica
01-04-2012, 04:07 PM
May have lost the battle, but not the war
we may have just run off with the gold and no one noticed :D

vechorik
01-04-2012, 04:12 PM
First post today to make me smile! (of course, the antiSantorum articles are pretty funny as well)
+1

moonshine5757
01-04-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm sorry but I can't stand these 'Hey were winning even though were not' posts. Did you really need to make a new thread to pump your pom poms? Reality is we came in third and the message is doing well, but not good enough. We need to improve, that isn't pessimistic that is realistic. You can't be president coming in third or second, at some point you need to be a big boy and win a state.

CaptainAmerica
01-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm sorry but I can't stand these 'Hey were winning even though were not' posts. Did you really need to make a new thread to pump your pom poms? Reality is we came in third and the message is doing well, but not good enough. We need to improve, that isn't pessimistic that is realistic. You can't be president coming in third or second, at some point you need to be a big boy and win a state. do you have any experience in the delegate process?didnt think so ,go back to sleep.

moonshine5757
01-04-2012, 04:37 PM
do you have any experience in the delegate process?didnt think so ,go back to sleep.

Nice attitude, don't be a child when I'm telling it like it is. We came in third suck it up and move on. I heard so much over confidence in the past few days, and that isn't a positive. You should always expect to lose, hope to win, so that you never lose that hunger, that fight. But you go ahead get some sleep, because you seem to be living in fantasy land.

All I'm saying is don't be content with the results of last night. Things improved from four years ago which is great, but the end result is that we got third and you can preach delegates all day but the public perception and reality is third. What's more important right now delegates or public perception? Sorry to tell yah but public perception is much more important. Delegates is great, but don't do us any good if we can't win a state(s).

Eleutheros
01-04-2012, 05:02 PM
I found the perfect vid clip to go with the thread title: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_8L1o7pe2k

CaptainAmerica
01-04-2012, 05:05 PM
BUMP!

CaptainAmerica
01-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Nice attitude, don't be a child when I'm telling it like it is. We came in third suck it up and move on. I heard so much over confidence in the past few days, and that isn't a positive. You should always expect to lose, hope to win, so that you never lose that hunger, that fight. But you go ahead get some sleep, because you seem to be living in fantasy land.

All I'm saying is don't be content with the results of last night. Things improved from four years ago which is great, but the end result is that we got third and you can preach delegates all day but the public perception and reality is third. What's more important right now delegates or public perception? Sorry to tell yah but public perception is much more important. Delegates is great, but don't do us any good if we can't win a state(s).

You seriously have no clue what you are talking about!

moonshine5757
01-04-2012, 05:20 PM
You seriously have no clue what you are talking about!

Clearly you don't. Thanks for the second childish response. Go become an adult and talk to me then.

CaptainAmerica
01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Clearly you don't. Thanks for the second childish response. Go become an adult and talk to me then.

you go by the "popular" vote, but don't look at the nomination process for delegates. Please go away you troll.

moonshine5757
01-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Ron Paul needs realistic supporters that understand the situation and plan the best course of action. It doesn't benefit Ron Paul to have a supporter like yourself that dreams of puppy dogs and lollipops.

moonshine5757
01-04-2012, 05:24 PM
you go by the "popular" vote, but don't look at the nomination process for delegates. Please go away you troll.

I said public perception troll. You aren't helping Ron Paul by trolling how super duper delegates are and skipping over a third place finish. Do you think the public is talking about delegates today? Your whole attitude is bad for the campaign, you need to grow up.

CaptainAmerica
01-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Ron Paul needs realistic supporters that understand the situation and plan the best course of action. It doesn't benefit Ron Paul to have a supporter like yourself that dreams of puppy dogs and lollipops.

I am realistic, I was a delegate in 2007-2008. What did you do in 2007?Do you know anything about strategy with the delegate process?Just keep quiet if you don't have anything realistic to say.

Maltheus
01-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Just because you were a delegate in Arizona, doesn't mean that you understand the Iowa caucus system. I'm not sure that I do fully either, but C-SPAN showed how the delegates were allocated in one precinct. That precinct had six delegates and awarded 3 to Romney, 2 to Santorum and only 1 to Paul. That means that we might do far worse delegate-wise than our percentages would suggest. This pollyanishnish is not getting us anywhere.

Oh and I was a Colorado delegate in 08. Our system is more like what people imagine Iowa to be (in that they didn't select delegates based on the straw poll vote or presidential preference). But even with all of our delegates, that wasn't enough to get us anything more than 3 or the 21 national delegates. That brought us from 8% of the straw poll, to 14% of the delegates, but we never had to declare, so they didn't even know who they were electing. Even if Paul could double his effective win in Iowa (instead of more likely halving it), it probably still wouldn't be enough to call the state a win (let alone the nomination).

osan
01-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Remember what we are doing this for,our beliefs.Not just beliefs, but millions of lives that are at stake because of the ruthless and unconstitutional foreign policies and domestic policies. Libya was a recent example of how many lives were destroyed out of collateral damage done by drone bombings,the drones still continue to bomb other countries with undeclared ,illegal wars by our current president.

1.IOWA delegates are unbound
2.We may have secretly won by getting Ron Paul grassroots supporters nominated during the caucus delegate nomination process
3.Santorum is a one show pony who is a narrow view politically,we defeat him in other states and he drops out and any delegates who are for him may swing Rons way as the anti-romney vote
4.Ron pulled in 48 percent of the independent vote in Iowa, Romney only pulled in 16 percent
5. its not over til its over, Ron knows what hes doing and his campaign team did a HELL OF A JOB to pull in 48 percent independent voters and nearly be neck and neck with romney.
6.Santorum may have split the evangelical vote between Paul, but santorum cant stay in the race if he loses all the more moderate states with his anti gay rhetoric and anti-muslim rhetoric and bailout record.

This process of getting our people nominated as delegates in each state is going to be tough,there will be corruption..you gotta be smart and not give up early on. Hang in there and we can win.

PING! On the money, pal.

Folks need to ball-up a bit. To read the comments on chat last night one would think Dr. Paul had been fatally shot, what with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth to which I was treated. This is but the beginning and Ron is swimming against a raging torrent of hatred, corruption, war mongering, and God only knows what other unpleasantness. There is a raging storm of filth that is attempting to excise this lone representative of sanity and freedom from the rotting body of the American politic. This will be no cake walk, so if your nuts are on ice get them warmed up and ready to rock because we will all need it.

Revolution9
01-04-2012, 06:18 PM
I said public perception troll. You aren't helping Ron Paul by trolling how super duper delegates are and skipping over a third place finish. Do you think the public is talking about delegates today? Your whole attitude is bad for the campaign, you need to grow up.

Stuf yer arse back in yer drawers pal. The crack ain't pretty. Yer supposed to use your head for thinking.

Rev9

acptulsa
01-04-2012, 06:23 PM

Um, actually we could win this thing without winning a single state, via the delegates. Yup, sure could.

I admit it isn't terribly likely, because of the 'horse race' mentality during American elections. But the G.O.P. is split evenly enough, and we're solid enough behind our man, that it is indeed possible. Very possible.

Is perception important? Yes. 'Much much' more important than the delegates who will actually vote the actual vote at the actual convention that will actually produce a G.O.P. nominee for the actual presidency? Come on...

I said public perception troll.

You called CaptainAmerica a troll? Seriously? Or are you admitting to being a public perception troll? Inquiring minds want to know.

speciallyblend
01-04-2012, 06:30 PM

I hope so, been pretty down all day tried to sleep it off.

JohnGalt23g
01-04-2012, 06:39 PM

This bears repeating.

A first place finish would have been better, but the name of the game is showing up in Tampa with delegates. I trust our Iowa people know what to do between now and June to maximize our delegates.

Now on to NH.

CaptainAmerica
01-04-2012, 07:19 PM
This bears repeating.

A first place finish would have been better, but the name of the game is showing up in Tampa with delegates. I trust our Iowa people know what to do between now and June to maximize our delegates.

Now on to NH. Hopefully, popular vote ain't mean diddly,especially since Iowa is unbound.

mmadness
01-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Just because you were a delegate in Arizona, doesn't mean that you understand the Iowa caucus system. I'm not sure that I do fully either, but C-SPAN showed how the delegates were allocated in one precinct. That precinct had six delegates and awarded 3 to Romney, 2 to Santorum and only 1 to Paul. That means that we might do far worse delegate-wise than our percentages would suggest. This pollyanishnish is not getting us anywhere.

Oh and I was a Colorado delegate in 08. Our system is more like what people imagine Iowa to be (in that they didn't select delegates based on the straw poll vote or presidential preference). But even with all of our delegates, that wasn't enough to get us anything more than 3 or the 21 national delegates. That brought us from 8% of the straw poll, to 14% of the delegates, but we never had to declare, so they didn't even know who they were electing. Even if Paul could double his effective win in Iowa (instead of more likely halving it), it probably still wouldn't be enough to call the state a win (let alone the nomination).

As far as I know, in that particular instance - and I saw the same C-Span segment, the chairman of the precinct railroaded it that way. He got a quick second and aye, but not everyone does that, and as our supporters have experience from the railroading from the last election, knowing Robert's Rules of Order can stop that. Or just go stealth delegate/alternate for the other campaigns. ;)

The key thing is we don't care about WINNING the popular vote. A lot of you are all debbie downers because you had the expectation he should have won. It's basically a two-man race now. And popular vote does not win caucuses or presidential elections, the delegate count or electoral votes do. We have the numbers now - let's make sure we use them.

Because of voter apathy from the other campaigns, we have a big advantage.

Donate
Phone from home
and
Become a DELEGATE for Ron Paul

https://www.facebook.com/RonPaulDelegates2012
Delegates Training Page: http://ronpauldelegates.wordpress.com/
Stealth Delegates/Alternates:
RPF Thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?345705
RPF Post: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?345877-MUST-READ-IF-YOU-ARE-CRYING!!-DID-RON-PAUL-JUST-WIN&p=3955021#post3955021
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309033_304248769593257_260179997333468_1213186_125 8222131_n.jpg
This is how we win!

ronpaulitician
01-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Placing third with 21% would have been seen as a victory if it hadn't been for the last few polls which had Paul first with a small lead.

Getting the delegates will be a nice consolation prize, but note that we would have gotten those same delegates or more if we had come in first.

Let's hope Santorum can continue to rally the religious voters behind him, and Romney can continue to rally the [not sure what] voters behind him, giving Paul a chance to keep his slow but steady advance going. We'll pick up any delegates we can get along the way.

jeremiahj13
01-04-2012, 11:05 PM
:(

acptulsa
01-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Hopefully, popular vote ain't mean diddly,especially since Iowa is unbound.

So long as a third of the vote is Romney, a third of the vote is Paul and a third of the vote is anti-Romney/anti-Paul, then the popular vote can only mean one thing:

A brokered convention.

Become a delegate and have the last laugh.

:(

Cheer up. We're motivated--and smart--enough to get ourselves down to Tampa. Join in! He who laughs last laughs best!

seawolf
01-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Ron Paul Daily Donation Tracker Final Figure for January 4th.....$145,048

Yes, Santorum raised over $1 million on line today, but our total is $100,000 over the daily non-money bomb average.

Let's do another $100,000 plus on Thursday!!!! The Campaign will need alot of funds to continue the rest of January and into February.

CaptainAmerica
01-05-2012, 02:39 PM
So long as a third of the vote is Romney, a third of the vote is Paul and a third of the vote is anti-Romney/anti-Paul, then the popular vote can only mean one thing:

A brokered convention.

Become a delegate and have the last laugh.

Cheer up. We're motivated--and smart--enough to get ourselves down to Tampa. Join in! He who laughs last laughs best!

all depends on which way the wind blows. Anyhow I expect Ron to collect the unbound delegates from other candidates who begin dropping out.