PDA

View Full Version : DAMMIT, there is only ONE

Sematary
01-04-2012, 03:52 PM
I've seen a bunch of threads on here - the most recent one being the "game theory" thread, in which people are trying to determine how (or if) to vote in 2012 if Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination. It's bullshit. There is only ONE candidate worth voting for and if you want to make a "protest" vote or whatever there is STILL only ONE candidate. Write him in if necessary - whether the vote counts in your state or not - how do you think the secretary of your state will react if 20,000 people write in Ron Paul - it may not show in the official tally but the message has been sent. The ONLY way to let the Republican party know that we mean business is by ONLY voting for Ron Paul. I've been supporting Dr. Paul way too many years to abandon him on the November ballot just because the rest of America is constituted of mutton heads who don't have the intelligence to realize that they are being imprisoned by their own government. I expect the people who support Dr. Paul to be SMARTER than the average American and to make the only vote that really matters - a vote for Dr. Paul - NO MATTER WHAT!!!

angelatc
01-04-2012, 03:55 PM
yes, and I'm also a little disturbed at the "brokered convention!" chatter. We need to win the GOP nomination at the ballot box, not pretend that we can sneak in the back door and surprise the power brokers. That is not going to happen. If you want Ron Paul to win, you need to stop planning to lose.

Philhelm
01-04-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm voting Ron Paul no matter what. If that's with or without the GOP nomination, so be it.

Bosco Warden
01-04-2012, 04:42 PM
I dont think the point in the other thread was to derail or disrupt the RP campaign I think it was more of a statement that if the GOP is going to rig an election then it will be to their own peril.

But I am still going to vote for RP no matter what, but I dont have the option of writing anyone in because its all electronic voting. Which means I will have no other choice but to flex my muscle in other ways.

realtonygoodwin
01-04-2012, 04:45 PM
If Ron is on the ballot I will vote for him. If not, I won't.

You are of course free to throw away your vote if you choose.
I choose not to do so.

Ron Paul is not God. I am not in this because of Ron Paul. I am in this because Ron Paul is the candidate running who most closely aligns with my views. If he is not running, that would no longer be the case.

torchbearer
01-04-2012, 04:45 PM
the GOP of the states have created a complex sometimes secret process and we will use it against them.

1000-points-of-fright
01-04-2012, 04:52 PM
I've seen a bunch of threads on here - the most recent one being the "game theory" thread, in which people are trying to determine how (or if) to vote in 2012 if Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination. It's bullshit. There is only ONE candidate worth voting for and if you want to make a "protest" vote or whatever there is STILL only ONE candidate. Write him in if necessary - whether the vote counts in your state or not - how do you think the secretary of your state will react if 20,000 people write in Ron Paul - it may not show in the official tally but the message has been sent. The ONLY way to let the Republican party know that we mean business is by ONLY voting for Ron Paul. I've been supporting Dr. Paul way too many years to abandon him on the November ballot just because the rest of America is constituted of mutton heads who don't have the intelligence to realize that they are being imprisoned by their own government. I expect the people who support Dr. Paul to be SMARTER than the average American and to make the only vote that really matters - a vote for Dr. Paul - NO MATTER WHAT!!!

OK let's talk about being SMARTER than the average voter.

Let's say you live in a state that doesn't allow write-ins or a state that requires a candidate to officially register as a write-in. Add the fact that I'm pretty sure all states use new touch screen polling machines and you will literally and physically be unable to "write-in" Ron Paul unless you actually write-his name on the screen with a Sharpie! How smart are you now?

flightlesskiwi
01-04-2012, 04:55 PM
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."

i'm sticking with Paul. no matter if he gets the nomination or not.

flightlesskiwi
01-04-2012, 04:56 PM

Let's say you live in a state that doesn't allow write-ins or a state that requires a candidate to officially register as a write-in. Add the fact that I'm pretty sure all states use new touch screen polling machines and you will literally and physically be unable to "write-in" Ron Paul unless you actually write-his name on the screen with a Sharpie! How smart are you now?

i did it by absentee ballot last time.

1000-points-of-fright
01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
i did it by absentee ballot last time.

Absentee ballots being the exception.

KCIndy
01-04-2012, 05:04 PM
No sense in panicking, folks.

Keep in mind that Huckabee won Iowa in '08, then went on to do nothing. Ron Paul will do well in New Hampshire, and I really doubt Santorum will. New Hampshire is definitely NOT Iowa.

After NH we have a very real chance to kick some major *** in South Carolina and Nevada. That is, assuming all the weenies and "fair weather" supporters don't give up and spend the next few weeks whining, grousing and NOT helping.

Let's keep up the hard work. There's still plenty of phone banking to do. There are plenty of friends and family we can still persuade. If you're not maxed out to the campaign, there are still donations to be made.

The fight is not ending now. It's just starting, and we're in a pretty darn good position.

Sematary
01-04-2012, 05:34 PM

I can write in and I will. I understand there are those who cannot and they must take other courses but for those who can write him in, I can think of no better way to make the point than to do so.

KCIndy
01-04-2012, 05:39 PM
you will literally and physically be unable to "write-in" Ron Paul unless you actually write-his name on the screen with a Sharpie!

You mean that's not allowed?? Hmm. No wonder the voting clerk gave me such a dirty look after I left the voting booth last time! :D

1stAmendguy
01-04-2012, 05:45 PM
He is a once in a lifetime candidate.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-04-2012, 06:27 PM

Uhhhh. Maybe smart enough to get arrested somehow, now that you are handing out ideas like that.