PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Caucus Big Winner -- Third Party Politics?

bobbyw24
01-04-2012, 03:10 PM
COMMENTARY | The biggest winner from Iowa's Republican caucus might not be Rick Santorum or Mitt Romney, the candidates who topped the field with a virtual dead heat for first place. The super-thin margin between candidates atop the field -- just eight votes separated Romney and Santorum -- reflects a dangerous reality for Republicans. In short, Republicans are not sold on Romney. And if Romney's not careful, they might take their business elsewhere.

Romney's first-place Iowa finish cements his front-runner status. The win -- along with an expected endorsement from John McCain (according to a National Journal report) -- positions Romney to begin taking the party's mantle and clarifying Republican appeal for the general election.

Surely the Republican Party will survive Romney, whose moderate views make him more electable than the rest of the field. But that same moderation drives dissatisfaction among deep economic and moral conservatives. Santorum's success in capturing the votes of moral conservatives underscores the depth of this dissatisfaction.

http://news.yahoo.com/iowa-caucus-big-winner-third-party-politics-182700911.html

DamianTV
01-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Those votes dont count towards anything, yet, this isnt the final part of the Election.

Right now, it is all about the Delegates. All three, Paul, Santorum, and Romney got 7 Delegates, thus they are tied. And, that is not a very big number. Mostly due to Iowa having a low population. But think about this. Since that is the number we currently need to concern ourselves with, would you be willing to be a delegate for Ron Paul when the Caucuses come to Your State?

http://i.imgur.com/e0ULl.png

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-04-2012, 05:34 PM
We've defeated Perry, Bachmann, Gingrich, and Cain. I'm happy. Now just Romney to go,

Sematary
01-04-2012, 05:52 PM
The author of that article is an idiot and if I hear the term "isolationist" again I'm going to scream