PDA

View Full Version : 3 NH Newspapers Endorse Ron Paul for President

Matt Collins
01-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Three NH Newspapers Endorse Ron Paul for President

North Country publications back the “Straight Talking Texan” in wake of his strong Iowa finish

CONCORD, N.H. – The Littleton Courier, Berlin Reporter, and Coos County Democrat all announced today their endorsements of 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul.

The endorsements come on the heels of the 12-term Congressman from Texas’s strong top-three finish in the Iowa Caucus giving one of two viable tickets out of the Hawkeye State.

“Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has been in the lead for months,” wrote the editors, “but voters still seem desperate for an alternative — there’s always another candidate pulling stronger or almost as strong numbers in the polls. Voters have lost faith in Obama, but they are not sold on Romney to replace him.”

Congressman Ron Paul, however, “has never voted to raise a tax and voted against all of the bailouts that have riled up Tea Partiers and Occupy Wall Streeters alike,” they continued. “His prediction that the United States can no longer afford the economic cost of our overseas commitments makes many Republicans uncomfortable, possibly by the very truth of the assertion. For decades he has been that rare sort of politician who speaks what he believes to be the truth and doesn’t flutter in the wind of public opinion. That could not be said of Obama or Romney.

“Powerful leaders like Franklin Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan change the political landscape,” the editors concluded. “This is what Ron Paul would do for our country and why we support him.”

KingNothing
01-04-2012, 03:14 PM
NICE!

For what it's worth, they all endorsed Clinton in 2008 and she managed to win New Hampshire.

Danemicus
01-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Excellent news. What's the URL so that this can be spread around? I just tried googling chunks of the text, but can't find anything.

parocks
01-04-2012, 03:19 PM
good!

growburn13
src: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2012/01/04/three-nh-newspapers-endorse-ron-paul/

HOLLYWOOD
Sorry, I haven't seen those endorsements on CNN, MSNBC, FOX.

YOU LIE!

Pauls' Revere
01-04-2012, 03:23 PM
NH for Liberty!

Aratus
01-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Ms. Michele Bachmann just dropped out! Ron Paul could get 30% to 35% of the vote in N.H!

braane
01-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Live free or die coming through for Ron Paul?

VictorB
01-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Wahoo!

Tinnuhana
01-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Antoi-Northern Pass north agains Northern Pass south?

eduardo89
01-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Berlin Reporter? Berlin!?! Obviously they endorsed the guy who wouldn't have fought against the Nazis!

/s

In all seriousness, this is great news. I'm assuming they're all small papers, but any and every endorsement of this kind can only help. We all need to visit their websites and leave comments. And Ron needs to run Northern Pass ads!!!

tremendoustie
01-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Ms. Michele Bachmann just dropped out! Ron Paul could get 30% to 35% of the vote in N.H!

Let's be realistic here -- is it possible? Sure. But he's polling around 20% now, at best, Bachmann never had much support here, and a lot of it wouldn't go to Paul anyway. We should all work hard so that he will have the absolute best possible performance, but I just don't want unrealistic expectations that are likely to lead to disappointment.

A strong second would be a very good result.

JackieDan
01-04-2012, 03:37 PM
GOOD NEWS!

NoPants
01-04-2012, 04:31 PM

I think Gingrich and Perry benefit more from her drop than we do. I don't remember us being one of the first 3 picks for her supporters as a 2nd choice.

pauliticalfan
01-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Nice!

D.A.S.
01-04-2012, 04:38 PM
This is AWESOME! Northern NH is where RP is sorely lacking, and this hopefully will give the boost in that vicinity and hopefully others follow suit!

UtahApocalypse
01-04-2012, 04:45 PM
How big are these papers?

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2012, 04:53 PM
hot! +rep

eduardo89
01-04-2012, 04:57 PM

Small. I couldn't even find a website for them. They all have Facebook pages with about 800 fans and I posted the Forbes article and a thank you note.

They all seem to be published by the same company, I'm guessing that's why they all endorsed Ron at the same time.

Nonetheless, all media coverage is good. Especially in small towns where everyone will talk about it.

AngryCanadian
01-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Very big in fact these are the same papers that supported clintion and she won.
Well Not General, Since She traded places with Obama.

Anti Federalist
01-05-2012, 12:34 AM
These are all sister papers to the Granite State News, where I ran this ad a couple weeks ago.

Think it helped? ;)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h277/123donnay/RonPauladinGSN.jpg

Vet_from_cali
01-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Sorry, I haven't seen those endorsements on CNN, MSNBC, FOX.

YOU LIE!

this made me bust out laughing :D

Keith and stuff
01-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Very big in fact these are the same papers that supported clintion and she won.
Well Not General, Since She traded places with Obama.

The are important papers to the Coos County area. However, hardly anyone lives up there so the papers don't have many readers. Ron Paul did get 30%+ in Coos County, though. No doubt that these endorsements, the ads that AF ran and the Northern Pass issue all helped Ron Paul win Coos County.

My question is, what other newspapers are endorsing Ron Paul? It would be great if a few papers from every state endorsed Ron Paul.

Anti Federalist
11-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Had to check the timeline, yes, I ran the ads in these papers a week before they endorsed Ron.

Matt Collins
11-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Had to check the timeline, yes, I ran the ads in these papers a week before they endorsed Ron.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause

amy31416
11-22-2014, 05:09 PM

Why in fuck's name do you have a problem with him running ads on his own goddamned dime?

Anti Federalist
11-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Why in fuck's name do you have a problem with him running ads on his own goddamned dime?

I can't say for sure that the ads influenced the editorial board at Salmon Press, but I remain convinced that it is a strong possibility and that I am certain of the fact that bringing Ron's position on Northern Pass to the people helped him win Coos county

Now, any logical person looking at this would safely assume that, (post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacies notwithstanding) here is one person that made a difference on an issue that the campaign ignored, therefore, the campaign either:

A - Fucked up, big time.

B - Did it on purpose.

Those are the ONLY conclusions that one can come to, IF you assume that running the ads and bringing this issue to the forefront was what caused Ron to win Coos county in NH.

That is why Collins must throw around the “after this therefore because of this” logical fallacy idea, to foil the idea that the campaign and, I'm assuming his bosses or cohorts, including Jesse Benton, were either:

A - Incompetent jackasses.

B - Complicit sons of bitches.

But “after this therefore because of this” is not engraved in stone, in fact, it is more true than not.

After I stuck my hand in the fire, therefore I got burned, because I stuck my hand in the fire.

liberalnurse
11-22-2014, 05:30 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again. :)

Occam's Banana
11-22-2014, 05:31 PM

Because, any logical person looking at this would safely assume that, (post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacies notwithstanding) here is one person that made difference on an issue that the campaign ignored, therefore, the campaign either:

A - Fucked up, big time.

B - Did it on purpose.

Those are the ONLY conclusions that one can come to, IF you assume that running the ads and bringing this issue to the forefront was what caused Ron to win Coos county in NH.

That why Collins must throw around the “after this therefore because of this” logical fallacy idea, to foil the idea that the campaign and, I'm assuming his bosses or cohorts, including Jesse Benton, were either:

But “after this therefore because of this” is not engraved in stone, in fact, it is more true than not.

After I stuck my hand in the fire, therefore I got burned, because I stuck my hand in the fire.

IOW, where MC = Fallacy Man and AF = Basement Boy ...

http://static.existentialcomics.com/comics/fallacyMan3.jpg

amy31416
11-22-2014, 05:35 PM
I can't say for sure that the ads influenced the editorial board at Salmon Press, but I remain convinced that it is a strong possibility and that I am certain of the fact that bringing Ron's position on Northern Pass helped him win Coos county

Now, any logical person looking at this would safely assume that, (post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacies notwithstanding) here is one person that made a difference on an issue that the campaign ignored, therefore, the campaign either:

A - Fucked up, big time.

B - Did it on purpose.

That is why Collins must throw around the “after this therefore because of this” logical fallacy idea, to foil the idea that the campaign and, I'm assuming his bosses or cohorts, including Jesse Benton, were either:

He's just poison, poison, poison, poison--not a freaking drop of honey. Genuine analysis takes some intellect, not pedestrian opportunism.

Anti Federalist
11-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Yes, exactly, what Teh Banana said.

Anti Federalist
11-23-2014, 12:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/iJz7TcL.png

Matt Collins
11-24-2014, 11:45 AM
I can't say for sure that the ads influenced the editorial board at Salmon Press, but I remain convinced that it is a strong possibility and that I am certain of the fact that bringing Ron's position on Northern Pass to the people helped him win Coos county

A - Fucked up, big time.

B - Did it on purpose.

Your reasoning is not sound and does not hold up to scrutiny.

Matt Collins
11-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Why in fuck's name do you have a problem with him running ads on his own goddamned dime?Well, I don't really, but there are some potential problems...

The candidate no longer has control of his message if the grassroots begin to do their own thing... and that money could likely be better spent doing other things than running ads in the paper.

phill4paul
11-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Well, I don't really, but there are some potential problems...

The candidate no longer has control of his message if the grassroots begin to do their own thing... and that money could likely be better spent doing other things than running ads in the paper.

Read: Legal Defense Slush Fund.

willwash
11-24-2014, 12:39 PM
@Collins, what was your position on the blimp back in '08?

cajuncocoa
11-24-2014, 12:39 PM

Read: Legal Defense Slush Fund.

oh, snap.

Matt Collins
11-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Complete waste of money

mczerone
11-24-2014, 12:56 PM

He was against it. A blimp is a BAD IDEA - here is why (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?40432-A-blimp-is-a-BAD-IDEA-here-is-why).

Although in that thread he did say that PACs were acceptable:

What does HQ have to do with anything? Run your own ads through a PAC locally and get local meetup supporters to pool their money together.

amy31416
11-24-2014, 01:01 PM

Sure. There are potential problems, like if it made RP look like a loony (it didn't), but you don't have the expertise or the authority to tell or even advise anyone on how to spend the money they made. Most people do real work to earn their money and will resent you immensely for getting on your high-horse and acting as if you know better than them.

Usually I just antagonize you, because you can be so offensive, but in this post--I'm actually giving you valuable advice--for free. You ought to take it.

That'll be the last time.

phill4paul
11-24-2014, 01:09 PM
He was against it. A blimp is a BAD IDEA - here is why (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?40432-A-blimp-is-a-BAD-IDEA-here-is-why).

Although in that thread he did say that PACs were acceptable:

Lol. From that link:http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?40432-A-blimp-is-a-BAD-IDEA-here-is-why

THE KEY IS TARGETED ADVERTISING!

This means instead of buying a blimp spend money on the following things (in this order):[/SIZE][/B]

Buy ads in local papers close to the editoral pages, in the business section, and in the local section

Bwahaha! What a putz.

Anti Federalist
11-24-2014, 01:33 PM

I have a minor in marketing. I work in advertising (among other things).

A blimp for Ron Paul is a bad idea and the reason is because it is not very targeted.

If you fly a blimp over a city and 1,000,000 people see the blimp, only x% of those people will be registered voters, and only about 10-20% of those registered voters will vote in the primary, and if it's a major city I would venture to say most of them will be Democrats (urban areas are almost always Democratic - in closed primary states this is a waste).

This means that out of 1 million people that see the blimp, you might only reach a few thousand people that might possibly vote for Ron. This seems like a colossal waste of money for the result.

THE KEY IS TARGETED ADVERTISING!

This means instead of buying a blimp spend money on the following things (in this order):

Assemble and deliver packets to SuperVoters in your region. Supervoters are people who have voted in the last few elections and are likely to vote in the primary. Your state coordinator should have a list of these people.
Buy air time on your local conservative talk radio stations including any commercial Christian stations in town
Buy TV ads on your local nightly and morning news programs, buy ads locally via your cable company on FOX, CNN, and MSNBC
Buy ads in local papers close to the editoral pages, in the business section, and in the local section
Purchase billboards in geographically strategic areas

I am sorry if I am raining on anyone's parade (or deflating their baloon - pun intended :p ) but if we want Ron Paul to win the primary, then we need to market him professionally with the best intelligence we can!

Soooo...let me get this straight, I take your advice, (unknowingly, because, to be honest, after all this, I'd be inclined to do the exact opposite of what you say) act on it, IT WORKS, and you come back and say my logic is unsound.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/f8b683a58f2360e1fc9f8011aee810bf/tumblr_mps2cvWdpn1s4uj7yo1_500.gif

Genius...STFU Matt, OK?

phill4paul
11-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Soooo...let me get this straight, I take your advice, (unknowingly, because, to be honest, after all this, I'd be inclined to do the exact opposite of what you say) act on it, IT WORKS, and you come back and say my logic is unsound.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/f8b683a58f2360e1fc9f8011aee810bf/tumblr_mps2cvWdpn1s4uj7yo1_500.gif

Genius...STFU Matt, OK?

myillogicalphallus.com...blargh,blargh,blargh.

Matt Collins
Newspapers have declined heavily since the anti-blimp post I made back in 2007.... And also I understand marketing better now than I did then because I have a lot more experience with it.

Matt Collins
myillogicalphallus.comLULz :D

phill4paul
11-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Newspapers have declined heavily since the anti-blimp post I made back in 2007.... And also I understand marketing better now than I did then because I have a lot more experience with it.

You posted your resume on craigslist?

Anti Federalist
11-24-2014, 01:40 PM

So were you full of shit then or are you full of shit now?

Matt Collins
11-24-2014, 01:43 PM
I was not as informed then as I am now... I have a lot more experience with political marketing now than I did at that point in time. What I wrote at the time made sense, but it was not founded in as much experience as what I have now.

Occam's Banana
11-24-2014, 01:46 PM

I was not as informed then as I am now... I have a lot more experience with political marketing now than I did at that point in time. What I wrote at the time made sense, but it was not founded in as much experience as what I have now.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/d4f01cdee09ffaf6fc3a932f6e88aea1/tumblr_n6kaymN5Cy1qhub34o5_r2_400.gif

phill4paul
11-24-2014, 01:48 PM

This is how I read it.....

Yes.

Anti Federalist
11-24-2014, 02:09 PM
This is how I read it.....

http://i.imgur.com/iJz7TcL.png

Anti Federalist
11-24-2014, 02:12 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/d4f01cdee09ffaf6fc3a932f6e88aea1/tumblr_n6kaymN5Cy1qhub34o5_r2_400.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-f6CoQHpR_2s/TnxxeB0i7iI/AAAAAAAAAbA/eNzeF2RH4mI/s200/backpedaling34.jpg

acptulsa
11-24-2014, 02:47 PM

What scrutiny? Whose scrutiny?

Where is this mythical scrutiny?

Got some scrutiny in your pocket? Well, let's see it!