PDA

View Full Version : Famous investment manager Bill Gross supports Ron Paul for president?

jct74
01-04-2012, 03:08 PM
I was watching CNN last night and heard Erin Burnett mention that Bill Gross supports Ron Paul for president; I thought I was just hearing things. There was a little blurb about in on Lew Rockwell's site (http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2012/01/cracks-in-the-establishment/) today though, and I just checked the CNN transcripts, here is what she said:

BURNETT: Anderson, we were talking too about whether Rick Santorum or Ron Paul had the same power in the establishment. And I was talking about our strike team, how they seemed to believe that both of them would.

But when it comes to Ron Paul specifically, Bill Gross, who I talked to, who is the biggest manager of bonds in this country, said, specifically, the reason that he would support him was cutting the deficit, but because he's pulling troops out, and listing all the different places.

And of the other major investors, major CEOs who see merit in Ron Paul, yes, they think, getting rid of the Fed, that's a -- quote, unquote -- "crazy idea," some of them would say. But they really believe in his cutting the deficit and pro-capitalism, and there is a mainstream, or shall we call it establishment group that would support him or support Rick Santorum.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/03/se.09.html

It would be cool if Bill Gross could say something publicly in support of Ron Paul, he is VERY respected in the investing world, he manages the largest mutual fund in the world.

bluesc
01-04-2012, 03:11 PM
RevPAC. Find this man.

Net worth $2.2 billion (2011)
Gross also runs PIMCO's $252.2 billion Total Return Fund.

D.A.S.
01-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh Heck yea! Bill Gross is a very sharp fund manager for sure. Under his guidance, PIMCO weathered the financial storm of 2008- pretty well so far, considering. Would be awesome to have Bill Gross come out for Ron Paul publicly.

KingNothing
01-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Bill Gross is an awesome guy. Figures he'd endorse Paul.

:-)

Emmitt2222
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Uhhh... Back when I was working with Wall Street people in '08, I vaguely remember Bill Gross being really bad, preaching for bailouts on CNBC constantly. I have assumed he is just another well connected insider.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/94109-bill-gross-bailout-call-wise-man-or-fool

But, then again, I could be wrong. Or he could just have changed his mind. We could all hope for the later (but I don't expect it.)

daviddee
01-04-2012, 03:24 PM

jct74
01-04-2012, 03:25 PM
It's not really clear to me if he supports Ron Paul above all the other candidates, or if Ron Paul is just one of the candidates he would support, but I thought I would post it anyways. It would be huge if he got behind Ron Paul.

bluesc
01-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Uhhh... Back when I was working with Wall Street people in '08, I vaguely remember Bill Gross being really bad, preaching for bailouts on CNBC constantly. I have assumed he is just another well connected insider.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/94109-bill-gross-bailout-call-wise-man-or-fool

But, then again, I could be wrong. Or he could just have changed his mind. We could all hope for the later (but I don't expect it.)

We WANT well connected insiders supporting Ron.

llepard
01-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Bill Gross is an awesome guy. Figures he'd endorse Paul.

:-)

Bill Gross is a crony capitalist. He is only going this way because it is the way the wind is blowing. He talks his book and trades on inside information.

Nice that he supports Paul, but don't be fooled. If it is not in Bill Gross's best interest he does not do it. Period.

And Bluesc, yes he did support bail outs. In fact his firm was a huge recipient in the form of knowing about QE before it was implemented. He front ran the government costing tax payers money. He just wants to be on the side that is winning.

I spit on opportunists like him.

jclay2
01-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Bill Gross is a crony capitalist. He is only going this way because it is the way the wind is blowing. He talks his book and trades on inside information.

Nice that he supports Paul, but don't be fooled. If it is not in Bill Gross's best interest he does not do it. Period.

And Bluesc, yes he did support bail outs. In fact his firm was a huge recipient in the form of knowing about QE before it was implemented. He front ran the government costing tax payers money. He just wants to be on the side that is winning.

The funny thing is some people still believe this guy doesn't have a direct line to fed decisions and such before they are made.

lx43
01-04-2012, 04:02 PM

What do you think about Andy Beal, the billionaire founder of Beal Bank. He's wrote a check to Ron Paul for $2500.00 and given money to libertarian party over the years.

llepard
01-04-2012, 07:32 PM
What do you think about Andy Beal, the billionaire founder of Beal Bank. He's wrote a check to Ron Paul for $2500.00 and given money to libertarian party over the years.

I do not know anything about him.

Did he run two national newspaper ads in 2008 supporting RP and helping him set the mark for the largest single day fundraiser?

If no, then he has some catching up to do, but all support is welcome.

Guitarzan
01-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Gross said he thought Paul had the best economic plan of any of the Republican contenders. He did praise Paul for introducing a plan to actually cut spending, and specifically mentioned Paul's foreign policy.

He was very cautioned in his praise though, claiming that Paul went too far with wanting to abolish the Fed and go back to the gold standard. He then said that he's still an "Obama man"...and will vote for him over any Republican. Alot of nonsense about the US needing a "targeted" and "specific" jobs program after that.

lx43
01-04-2012, 07:44 PM
I do not know anything about him.

Did he run two national newspaper ads in 2008 supporting RP and helping him set the mark for the largest single day fundraiser?

If no, then he has some catching up to do, but all support is welcome.

Agreed, wish he would write a check to RevPac for a few million.