PDA

View Full Version : Religion and the 2012 Iowa Republican Caucuses

sailingaway
01-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Ron was second with evangelicals

http://pewforum.org/Politics-and-Elections/Religion-and-the-2012-Iowa-Republican-Caucuses.aspx

Sola_Fide
01-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Among the 57% of Iowa caucus-goers who describe themselves as born-again or evangelical Christians, Santorum finished in first place with 32% support. Ron Paul garnered 18% of the evangelical vote, while Romney, Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry each received 14% of the evangelical vote.

This is our key. We must knock off Santorum so that Catholics do not have a clear candidate in Santorum.

If the choice is between Romney and Paul, there are going to be a lot of evangelicals and Catholics coming our way.

ConsideringRonPaul
01-04-2012, 03:20 PM
This is our key. We must knock off Santorum so that Catholics do not have a clear candidate in Santorum.

If the choice is between Romney and Paul, there are going to be a lot of evangelicals and Catholics coming our way.

I go to a Catholic high school and almost all my Catholic friends support Ron Paul now too. Then again that might be because of youth. Most of us like Santorum personally but feel the limited government, states rights Paul is the way to go. Besides, combating social issues like abortion and homosexual "marriage" are better done at the state level, as Paul advocates, then at a federal level, as Santorum indicates. So I do agree that there is a lot of potential support, at least among Catholics.