PDA

View Full Version : The mission just started

eugenekop
01-04-2012, 01:32 PM
I live in Israel, and I can tell you that if a libertarian like Ron Paul was a candidate here he would get at most 100 votes, not 30,000. You are lucky that you live in a country where so many people appreciate freedom. So when I hear you guys being so upset that RP received 22% and not 30% of the votes, I can't help but think that you simply can't comprehend what great thing you have accomplished by supporting RP and freedom. We, libertarians in Israel and in Europe, can only dream about something even remote as what you have accomplished in Iowa.

Some of you blame yourself for not doing enough, or for doing too many phone calls. I think its nuts. First of all making phone calls is an amazing way to spread the libertarian ideology. Second of all, you have done A LOT, but even a lot is not enough to make millions of people who are used to live in a statist society to suddenly become freedom lovers. I admire what you have done, this is great for all freedom loving people everywhere. However I think we should all remember that our mission has just started. Rome was not built in one day, neither is appreciation for freedom.

vechorik
01-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Your post is a comforting breeze to my face this morning. Thank you +1

Do you mind if I copy that and use in the future as a quote from here?

Thomasjefferson69
01-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Thanks for your post. Very nice to hear.

rideurlightning
01-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. +rep

Tax the Fed
01-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I live in Israel, and I can tell you that if a libertarian like Ron Paul was a candidate here he would get at most 100 votes, not 30,000. . . . We, libertarians in Israel and in Europe, can only dream about something even remote as what you have accomplished in Iowa.

. . . Rome was not built in one day, neither is appreciation for freedom.

Plenty of delegates for Ron Paul . . .

in our precinct in Van Buren County, Iowa on the Missouri border it was
39% Ron Paul, 18.9% Mitt Willard Romney and 15.6% Santorum . . .

so ask Isrealis and other Europeans about war and if
they understand A Foreign Policy of Freedom yet?

and, if they understand the long caucus process for delegate selection that only started last night!

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/fpfronpaul.jpg

Expatriate
01-04-2012, 01:43 PM
That's a good point. The only other country I know of in the world that might be anywhere close to embracing liberty in politics is Costa Rica, they voted 21% for the Libertarian in their 2010 presidential general election (winner had 46%) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costa_Rican_general_election,_2010

eugenekop
01-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote as you like. I genuinely think you you've done an amazing job and you've done all the right things. You are in the front of the fight for liberty. Many of us here in Israel look at you with admiration. But please stop blaming yourself, the media or anyone else. No one is at fault. Just continue doing what you are doing! Understand that you can't, not even in 4 years, to deprogram a huge population. It takes very long time and a lot of hard work.

BigByrd47119
01-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote as you like. I genuinely think you you've done an amazing job and you've done all the right things. You are in the front of the fight for liberty. Many of us here in Israel look at you with admiration. But please stop blaming yourself, the media or anyone else. No one is at fault. Just continue doing what you are doing! Understand that you can't, not even in 4 years, to deprogram a huge population. It takes very long time and a lot of hard work.

Ron Paul has always said that we should lead with our foreign policy. Maybe if he gets elected other nations will come around to libertarian type views.

Jovan Galtic
01-04-2012, 02:46 PM
I live in Israel, and I can tell you that if a libertarian like Ron Paul was a candidate here he would get at most 100 votes, not 30,000. You are lucky that you live in a country where so many people appreciate freedom. So when I hear you guys being so upset that RP received 22% and not 30% of the votes, I can't help but think that you simply can't comprehend what great thing you have accomplished by supporting RP and freedom. We, libertarians in Israel and in Europe, can only dream about something even remote as what you have accomplished in Iowa.

Bravo Eugenekop! Exactly my thoughts.

+rep

Deborah K
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
+rep. beautifully inspiring. thank you.

LadyBastiat
01-04-2012, 03:09 PM
One thing I've noticed about us Paul supporters is we are extremely competitive and seek to overachieve always. What this means is we probably tend to be harshly criticle to ourselves when we really don't deserve it. Just as Ron Paul stated in his speech last night his greatest concern is not letting us down. Well, I think that's why when we don't do as well as we think we should we get upset because we think we're letting Dr. Paul down and that is something I never, ever want to do!

So, just remember, we're all in this together and, as Dr. Paul said last night it is WE, the most awesomest grassroots supporters on the planet who inspire him and help motivate him to continue this fight to restore freedom. It must be such an inspiration and relief to the good doctor to know he's planted the seeds of freedom in the hearts of all of us and freedom is once again growing in America.