PDA

View Full Version : Can we bring down Santorum before NH caucus?

Constitutional Paulicy
01-04-2012, 01:22 PM
It doesn't seem like enough time to put together the same kind of ads that were effective with Gingrich. Part of the problem is he surged this week and next week is NH. Is it reasonable to think we can get the message out there so quickly?

Do you think Romney will blast him since they are neck and neck?

PaulConventionWV
01-04-2012, 01:24 PM
He won't do well in NH. He is polling even lower there than he was in Iowa, and he barely managed second place. There is no way the people of NH will elect someone just because he is popular in Iowa. That has never worked, and they know that he can't possibly beat Obama.

ross11988
01-04-2012, 01:24 PM
It's impossible.... Why? Because there is no such thing as the NH caucus

SilentBull
01-04-2012, 01:25 PM
It's Huntsman who they will probably push now. They'll repeat the same strategy to prevent us from winning 2nd.

Kords21
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Doesn't NH like to do their own thing and kind of go against what happens in Iowa? Doesn't seem like they give a damn about the results in Iowa. If anything, I can envision a scenario where they vote Paul as way to give the finger to Iowa. I still think Romney will win NH and Paul will be a strong second.

jmdrake
It's impossible.... Why? Because there is no such thing as the NH caucus

LOL. Seriously though, I'm worried about Santorum in South Carolina, not NH. And there's plenty of time to take him down before South Carolina. For NH our political attacks need to be aimed at Romney and Huntsman.

rideurlightning
It's Huntsman who they will probably push now. They'll repeat the same strategy to prevent us from winning 2nd.

Likely. If Santorum doesn't go anywhere in NH polls, we should punch down at Hunstman for sure.

Constitutional Paulicy

I read that thread and It wouldn't surprise me if it came to pass. :(

TruePatriot44
01-04-2012, 01:27 PM
The risk is if Santorum does well in NH, he will leap frog into SC with even more momentum. They should attack him with Rand's talking points of raising the debt ceiling 7 times for a total of $4.8 trillion and supporting the turncoat Arlen Specter.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-04-2012, 01:35 PM
He surged in Iowa in one weeks time. NH is watching the same MSM sources that propelled him in Iowa, so that has to account for something. Once again, it's a short window of time, so I'm not sure we can underestimate him by waiting for the next poll results, only to witness a surge in NH. If the general public are truly brainwashed as many will say, then all the debate about Romney and Santorum is going to lend support to his campaign.

Romulus
01-04-2012, 01:45 PM

This... get ready to rumble with Hunstman.. hope the campaign is ready.

Bruno
01-04-2012, 01:47 PM

FOX was just giving Huntsman far more then his share of time deserved, and didn't mention Paul once, Huntsmann saying some polls have him at 3rd (Behind WHO??), talking head saying Rove says he has a good chance to get 2nd place (ignores Paul currently in 2nd place).

chickensguys
01-04-2012, 01:48 PM
The truth about Santorum will come out and he will fall and huntsman will raise. We should prepare for that

matt0611
01-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Santorum is a non-starter in New Hampeshire.

But we should be ready to go after him anyway in perparation for SC.

frothy will tank in NH like huck did in 08. You need to look out for frothy in SC, they like bible thumpin, war lovin hatemongers.

This is what I posted in another thread just now about what I remember of my FORMER sentator.

He voted for the medicare prescription drug plan.

He voted for raising the limit lobbyists can give politicians

He's one of the kings of earmarks

He voted for the bridge to nowhere

voted for no child left behind

He was voted the most corrupt senator in 2006

He endorsed Arlen Spector when he flipped to the democratic party in a last ditch effort, Spector was pro-choice

He lived in VA and had his kids enrolled in school there when he claimed to live in PA while he was a senator.

he worked as a lobbyist

He's a false flag big government conservative. It'll all be exposed soon enough. I'm sure I'm forgetting things. I fully expect some K street money scandal to come up.

Tax the Fed
Santorum was supported by people in Iowa who had/have no clue about his Senate record . . .
because he visited all 99 counties.

He also was propped up by the news media over the New's Years Eve weekend.

Santorum had 15.6% in Van Buren County - precinct 1 to Ron Paul's 38.9%

Okaloosa
01-04-2012, 01:51 PM
No need to attack anyone here just focus on getting more votes. Stress Social Security/Medicare best under Ron Paul, A+ rating from the Gun Owners of America, electabilty versus Obama, and a strong national defense. We can't let the media and establishment scare people away. Don't worry about Santorum because he will not do well in New Hampshire and Perry will be going after him.

helmuth_hubener
01-04-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't know what the campaign should do. Anything they do will likely be wrong. Should they come out with ads tearing down Santorum? Huntsman? Romney? How can Ron Paul get ahead, and adjust the balance of vote totals perfectly just in the nick of time, not leaving the slimedia any time to create a "surge" for someone and mess up the balance?

I have no idea, and I kind of doubt any of us do either, and any doubt or hope I have in the campaign to have an idea on this is irrelevant. Whatever will happen will happen. They don't have enough money to run negative ad campaigns against every loser running, though, nor enough time.

unknown
01-04-2012, 01:58 PM
We're gonna try.

Need to spam message boards, forums, comment sections, radio talk shows, do drudge bombs and yes, even email the media, with the truth about Frothy.

Heres some of the stuff I found:

He actively campaigned for pro-choice candidates Arlen Specter and Governor Christie Whitman, who vetoed a bill banning partial birth abortions.
Arlen Specter gave President Barack Obama the key Senate vote to pass Obamacare.

Iowans for Life are calling Santorum a “Pro-Life Fraud”.

He was named as one of three most corrupt members of Congress by the Center For Responsibility And Ethics In Washington largely in part to his lobbying activity.

In his re-election bid, Santorum lost to state Treasurer Bob Casey. Casey, a Democrat, received 59 percent of the vote to Santorum’s 41 percent — the largest margin of defeat ever for an incumbent Republican senator in Pennsylvania.

Supported the largest unfunded Medicare liability in our country’s history to the tune of $16 trillion.

Voted for the Bridge to Nowhere.

Between 2003-04, Santorum cosponsored 51 bills to increase spending.

Santorum also supported raising congressional pay at least three times, in 2001, 2002, and 2003.

Flip flops:

He voted NO on raising the minimum wage in 2005, but on the same day, he sponsored an amendment that would increase the minimum wage.

Flip flopped on ethanol mandate and ethanol subsidies.

Sponsored a bill to regulate “price gouging and unfair pricing by the big oil companies.” Then opposed a “windfall profits tax” that Democrats tried to impose on oil companies in 2005.

In late 2000, Santorum wrote an op-ed encouraging more home ownership, particularly for low-income families, with the help of government assistance, whether it was through the Federal Housing Administration, or Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
However, he changed his tune in 2005, when he urged reform of Fannie and Freddie.

As a candidate for the Senate in 1994, Santorum filled out a questionnaire in which he indicated that he wanted “national standards” from the federal government and he didn’t support eliminating the Department of Education. Santorum also supported No Child Left Behind in 2001, which greatly expanded Washington’s control over education.
But in a 2011 interview, he said “well, the Department of Education is, in my opinion, unnecessary and overseeing a state bureaucracy which is already a big problem.”

Jingles
01-04-2012, 02:00 PM
NH is completely different territory. Iowa seems like its a place really focused on like gay marriage and abortion. New Hampshire is absolutely nothing like that. Actually, I'd say the northeast isn't like that at all. Nevada is much more like New Hampshire in that respect. We should do really well in big delegate states like California and Texas. I'd say we will do very well on around the west coast in general as well as the northeast and Montana.

unknown
01-04-2012, 02:02 PM
No need to attack anyone here just focus on getting more votes. Stress Social Security/Medicare best under Ron Paul, A+ rating from the Gun Owners of America, electabilty versus Obama, and a strong national defense. We can't let the media and establishment scare people away. Don't worry about Santorum because he will not do well in New Hampshire and Perry will be going after him.

Its not about "attacking", its about spreading the truth. As the presstitutes were pumping Sanborem were there any mentions of his record? None that I saw.

As usual, we are going to have to do the job that the so called "free press" refuses to do.

The following has to spammed everywhere:

He actively campaigned for pro-choice candidates Arlen Specter and Governor Christie Whitman, who vetoed a bill banning partial birth abortions.
Arlen Specter gave President Barack Obama the key Senate vote to pass Obamacare.

Iowans for Life are calling Santorum a “Pro-Life Fraud”.

He was named as one of three most corrupt members of Congress by the Center For Responsibility And Ethics In Washington largely in part to his lobbying activity.

In his re-election bid, Santorum lost to state Treasurer Bob Casey. Casey, a Democrat, received 59 percent of the vote to Santorum’s 41 percent — the largest margin of defeat ever for an incumbent Republican senator in Pennsylvania.

Supported the largest unfunded Medicare liability in our country’s history to the tune of $16 trillion.

Voted for the Bridge to Nowhere.

Between 2003-04, Santorum cosponsored 51 bills to increase spending.

Santorum also supported raising congressional pay at least three times, in 2001, 2002, and 2003.

Flip flops:

He voted NO on raising the minimum wage in 2005, but on the same day, he sponsored an amendment that would increase the minimum wage.

Flip flopped on ethanol mandate and ethanol subsidies.

Sponsored a bill to regulate “price gouging and unfair pricing by the big oil companies.” Then opposed a “windfall profits tax” that Democrats tried to impose on oil companies in 2005.

In late 2000, Santorum wrote an op-ed encouraging more home ownership, particularly for low-income families, with the help of government assistance, whether it was through the Federal Housing Administration, or Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
However, he changed his tune in 2005, when he urged reform of Fannie and Freddie.

As a candidate for the Senate in 1994, Santorum filled out a questionnaire in which he indicated that he wanted “national standards” from the federal government and he didn’t support eliminating the Department of Education. Santorum also supported No Child Left Behind in 2001, which greatly expanded Washington’s control over education.
But in a 2011 interview, he said “well, the Department of Education is, in my opinion, unnecessary and overseeing a state bureaucracy which is already a big problem.”

wgadget
01-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Don't worry. The guy's record was NOT VETTED in Iowa and it is most CERTAINLY not Tea Party. I think Ron should aim for the Tea Party (small government) types and he could win it if Perry quits. Newt will work on Romney and Santy. I think Romney will leave Ron alone as he will need his supporters SHOULD he get the nom.