PDA

View Full Version : Fox News: Can Jon Hunstman pull a Rick Santorum in NH?

fade
01-04-2012, 01:21 PM
And so it begins.

Romulus
01-04-2012, 01:49 PM
We have to watch out for this, because they'll try it.

fade
01-04-2012, 01:51 PM
1 week until NH. With how fast Santorum surged, they will have no problem doing it to Huntsman.

The Gold Standard
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM
We need Huntsman ads out today.

Bruno
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Just saw that. They didn't mention Paul in the whole segment that I heard.

CaptUSA
01-04-2012, 01:53 PM
They're so transparent... I can't believe people fall for this.

Watch how his debate "performance" is portrayed in the media. It won't be just Fox.

SilentBull
01-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Here it is...

bluesc
01-04-2012, 01:54 PM
They will make sure he does.

Kords21
01-04-2012, 01:55 PM
The sad thing is that it'll probably work. We saw how easily people were duped in Iowa thanks to the media. As long as we keep up the delegate fight, top 3 finishes in the "popular vote" part will be meaningless in terms of winning the nomination.

fade
01-04-2012, 02:06 PM
I have a weird feeling they are going to start dropping Romney down as the week goes on and pump Santorum or Huntsman and try to make it more competitive. It is all about ratings.

Carl Cameron didn't have too many good things to say about Romney in NH. That he was fizzling out a bit.

RDM
01-04-2012, 02:06 PM
They always and I mean always telegraph their next move.

Jingles
01-04-2012, 02:07 PM
I don't know how well this will work in NH honestly. The northeast is quite the different game than Iowa. I don't think New Hampshire will have as much of the "Undecided, I'll do what the media tells me" factor to it.

bobbyw24
01-04-2012, 02:08 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?346300-Ron-Paul-New-Hampshire-Primary-is-%E2%80%9CWide-Open%E2%80%9D&p=3958303&viewfull=1#post3958303

ItsTime
01-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Not so easy to do this in NH as it was in Iowa. FYI our doors to doors never came across a Huntsman supporter.

moostraks
01-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't know how well this will work in NH honestly. The northeast is quite the different game than Iowa. I don't think New Hampshire will have as much of the "Undecided, I'll do what the media tells me" factor to it.

Are they still using diebold?

MrTudo
01-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Well sure he can as long as there accomplices in the press will continue a character assasination right up to the time of voting while added a few extra votes from the "dead" age group to huntsman like they did with santoro.

You all do realize that had it not been for that we would have won ,Iowa in a BIG way right?

This is a bannana republic. Thank you troops for all your defence.

RDM
01-04-2012, 02:30 PM

We are now living in a American Idol/Dancing with the Stars mentality here in America. Of course it will work. The "Dumbing Down of America" project started decades ago and the experiment stage is over.

archangel689
01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Are cnn and fox coordinating this shit together?

Original_Intent
01-04-2012, 02:37 PM

I was gonna say that New Hampshire is more likely to resist being herded by the media - you said it a little nicer.

Liberty74
01-04-2012, 02:40 PM
You freaking hijack the press and the news. I have been saying this from the very get go. Create the news or media will create it for themselves i.e. fake CNN poll that had Santorum at 15% which was the launching ground and template to say over and over for a week that he was surging when in reality he was around 12% when looking at polls with Independents. From there it was down hill.

Clinton in 1992 did something that the Paul campaign MUST do. Put out quick press releases right after the media or candidate does something like smear, lie or whatever. In the case above, the Paul campaign could have used such release to stop the week long pump of Santorum if they attacked the story that Santorum was not surging because the CNN poll only included Republicans. You cannot stop everything but it's important to set the record straight from your side. If not, the media will define the story and you which is a very very bad thing in the end.

Don't believe me? "I like Ron Paul except on foreign policy." How many times have you heard that? It's because Fox News, Hannity, O'Reilly, Levin, Coulter, Rush, etc. have put such into people's (the sheep) mind. Ron has gotten defined by them. Yet, most Americans want troops to come home. Most Americans want our borders secured. Most Americans don't believe we should be giving out foreign aid. Most believe we should not be policing the world. That is Paul's platform people! We need to sell it.

Echoes
01-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Well, i blame the ppl way, way more then the media.

Sure the MSM are corrupt scum but nobody's pointing a gun to voters heads.

Fact is, this country is filled with mindless drones no different then the brainwashed north koreans or nazi germans.

Yes NH, the phony live free or die state, will buy this Huntsman stunt hook, line and sinker.

ONUV
01-04-2012, 04:49 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?346221-Operation-Game-Theory-Contigency-Plan-to-Takeover-the-Republican-Party

amy31416
01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Is it really true that people in NH aren't as easy to "herd" as people in Iowa or anyone else? They voted for McCain in quite large numbers in 2008. I think you guys are buying into the left-wing BS arguments about Northeast or West coast people being "smarter."

cindy25
01-04-2012, 08:01 PM
wouldn't a Huntsman surge be good? take from Romney?

djinwa
01-04-2012, 08:25 PM
You freaking hijack the press and the news. I have been saying this from the very get go. Create the news or media will create it for themselves i.e. fake CNN poll that had Santorum at 15% which was the launching ground and template to say over and over for a week that he was surging when in reality he was around 12% when looking at polls with Independents. From there it was down hill.

Clinton in 1992 did something that the Paul campaign MUST do. Put out quick press releases right after the media or candidate does something like smear, lie or whatever. In the case above, the Paul campaign could have used such release to stop the week long pump of Santorum if they attacked the story that Santorum was not surging because the CNN poll only included Republicans. You cannot stop everything but it's important to set the record straight from your side. If not, the media will define the story and you which is a very very bad thing in the end.

Don't believe me? "I like Ron Paul except on foreign policy." How many times have you heard that? It's because Fox News, Hannity, O'Reilly, Levin, Coulter, Rush, etc. have put such into people's (the sheep) mind. Ron has gotten defined by them. Yet, most Americans want troops to come home. Most Americans want our borders secured. Most Americans don't believe we should be giving out foreign aid. Most believe we should not be policing the world. That is Paul's platform people! We need to sell it.

What good are press releases if the media doesn't report them? The game is completely rigged. I watch the nightly news and it is completely obvious the strategy of ignoring Ron Paul. Somebody like a university journalism department needs to do a study on the bias, and we could use it in an ad.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-05-2012, 04:03 AM
What good are press releases if the media doesn't report them? The game is completely rigged. I watch the nightly news and it is completely obvious the strategy of ignoring Ron Paul. Somebody like a university journalism department needs to do a study on the bias, and we could use it in an ad.That would be good for an independent study class for a Poliscience major

The_Ruffneck
01-05-2012, 05:33 AM
I have a weird feeling they are going to start dropping Romney down as the week goes on and pump Santorum or Huntsman and try to make it more competitive. It is all about ratings.

Carl Cameron didn't have too many good things to say about Romney in NH. That he was fizzling out a bit.
I think Gingrich could still be their man.